Options

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I currently have an archwing that is not max level. I have another waiting in the foundry for me to finish leveling this one. Now that I have 100+ Nitain, I figure I'll start the last one and hit all the parts. Except I accidentally rushed it because wow I'm dumb.

Then I failed to get the ayatan.

Then I pressed alt-f4.

This after failing at recettear 3 times in a row.

Maybe I'll write a book or something. Lousy computer games.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    We've all been there I think. I played Giants once.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    There's also the have someone complete the challenge for you than trade it back option. I'm not too proud to do it.

Don't even have to do that, just get someone from here to run the mission with you in an Ivara or Loki.

Still counts as completed.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    metaghost wrote: »
    The condition on my Riven mod from completing War Within says:

"Complete a LvL. 30+ Extermination without being detected while wearing an Extinguished Dragon Key."

I, uh, guess I won't be doing that any time soon.

If you have Ivara or Loki with silent weapons, it's a piece of cake.

One thing to keep in mind is that "detected" is not the same as "never knowing you were there" detected is the state that's denoted as a solid triangle, AKA when they start shooting at you... and if they never see or hear you, they'll never get that way, even if they are well aware that there is someone killing their buddies, IIRC even if it's taking more than one shot to do it too.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    ok but why does an Amp, this finely tuned device used by operators to channel the essence of the Void, the origin of all Tenno/Warframe powers into a beam of destruction

require fish parts to make components

the crystals i understand. alloys, great. gotta have em for the outside. Fish brains? Really?????? What possible purpose

you know what i don't even want to know

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I asked a friend, and their response was:
    It's very technical. You wouldn't understand.
    (The Amp maker guy forgot his lunch this morning.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Being super hungry affects his work something fierce

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    ok but why does an Amp, this finely tuned device used by operators to channel the essence of the Void, the origin of all Tenno/Warframe powers into a beam of destruction

the crystals i understand. alloys, great. gotta have em for the outside. Fish brains? Really?????? What possible purpose

Where else are you going to get sentient-energy infused neurons from?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

Where else are you going to get sentient-energy infused neurons from?

Sentients

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Had a lovely survival on Ceres. One of the players had just forma-ed their primary, so this happened.
    ihxf76b3qgc0.jpg

And I finally stopped at 6 forma in Lex Prime. It's all ready for Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Heated Charge when Baro brings them round again.
    jaai2kn1t6fa.jpg

I'm running the index to get the credits I'll need to level those mods. It's great to murder enemies with Mesa and have a Rhino or two hoover all the points to make big scores. Plus the mods that drop are mostly rare, so it's nice transmute fodder. It finally feels like I've got endgame DPS and it only took me 800+ hours to get around to it. :P

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Now just wait until baro comes back with the aklex prime relic so you can dump in even more forma!

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

Vendor 1: "These Tenno will trade you fuckin' anything, man. I just asked one for thirty kubrow testicles and he just handed them over."
    Vendor 2: "Hold my beer."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Uuuuuuuuuuuugh. Restarting the game on PS4 to play with my brother and it's such a pain. Progress is so much slower than I'm used to.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Blain wrote: »

I'm running the index to get the credits I'll need to level those mods. It's great to murder enemies with Mesa and have a Rhino or two hoover all the points to make big scores. Plus the mods that drop are mostly rare, so it's nice transmute fodder. It finally feels like I've got endgame DPS and it only took me 800+ hours to get around to it. :P
    @Blain , what's your Mesa build out of curiosity?

Separately, when do the sorties reset?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Maybe because it's based on the same technology that, untold centuries later, would allow people to harvest a tower for meat?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Wrong thread.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Think I'll start working in Inaros tonight. I have Hydroid the dildomancer in the oven right now, and he should be ready tonight I think. Will be nice to give a new frame a spin. I really wasn't digging Oberon. Mostly he just looks goofy and his powers are kind of boring. I'm really aiming for Nidus and Nekros, but the grinds for both of those are pretty long so it's nice to have a holdover fun frame in the meantime. Hopefully that's either Hydroid or Inaros.

My go-to frame right now is still Rhino. He's good at not dying, but is kind of boring to play. Also, in terms of energy management, how do you guys help regenerate energy? Just rely on blue orbs?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Think I'll start working in Inaros tonight. I have Hydroid the dildomancer in the oven right now, and he should be ready tonight I think. Will be nice to give a new frame a spin. I really wasn't digging Oberon. Mostly he just looks goofy and his powers are kind of boring. I'm really aiming for Nidus and Nekros, but the grinds for both of those are pretty long so it's nice to have a holdover fun frame in the meantime. Hopefully that's either Hydroid or Inaros.

My go-to frame right now is still Rhino. He's good at not dying, but is kind of boring to play. Also, in terms of energy management, how do you guys help regenerate energy? Just rely on blue orbs?

Orbs, pizzas, Energy Siphon, and Zenurik are the main ways people use that I can think of. Some people also put Rage on certain frames.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Rage is especially good on Inaros.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Rage is especially good on Inaros.

I just got rage (finally) and put it on my Inaros. I've forgotten there is an energy system. Just whirlwinds and pocket sand forever

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Rage gives you infinite energy on Inaros and Nidus.

Equilibrium gives you infinite energy on Nekros and Oberon.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Scrambles the female adzara now exists

I wanted a schmeeda or however you spell it, but I will settle for the time being

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

Maybe because it's based on the same technology that, untold centuries later, would allow people to harvest a tower for meat?

Seriously? Like someone was in a kebab shop and went... yes. this is the greatest idea! :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    So @metaghost and I are in a similar position, I feel like, moving forward. We have been playing a good portion of our time together but we have hit a portion of the game where it seems like all of the old/new end game mechanics (from different updates) have opened up. We have everything opened up except Eris (I think?) This, at least for me, has left me unsure what to prioritize pursing (other than trying for different frames). We have the relic runs (which we do regularly), Orokin Derelicts (which seem mostly abandoned as far as player base, minus solo farmers) and hitting up Nightmare missions that are up. We haven't messed with Sorties much yet because their intended level range is so much higher than things we are already having difficulty with. At least in regards to doing for long periods of time where better rewards start dropping.

So I guess what I am going about in a rambling fashion is: Is there a order we need to prioritize in? Or is it just free for all, try and pick something that looks interesting to you?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    derelicts can only be done in premade groups/solo, they will not auto-group you

EDIT: also there isn't really an order to do stuff in, finish up the junctions, do some prime farming to sell shit for plat, get a good weapon or 2 to forma out, then go for whatever you want

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Also: we're playing on PS4, so no PoE as yet. I guess it got announced for Nov. 14th though?

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    derelicts can only be done in premade groups/solo, they will not auto-group you

EDIT: also there isn't really an order to do stuff in, finish up the junctions, do some prime farming to sell shit for plat, get a good weapon or 2 to forma out, then go for whatever you want

Yeah, forgot about the Derelict key bit. Believe we have pretty much all the junctions open except the Eris one and one of the last Void junctions.

It just seems like there are some certain key pieces (mods etc) we are missing from being able to effectively handle a bunch of different situations but it seems like we need some of those mods to handle the missions to actually get the mods we need.

I just didn't know if there was a "break in" point so to speak.

I guess the best thing to do at the moment is to keep forma'ing guns and frames to stack more and more useful stuff on them to make going after the "optimized" stuff easier.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    oh god all the companion mods have so many lvls

rip my credits and endo

• Options
    Also all those explanations don't work because you craft the amp parts in your foundry, unless we are now accounting for the fact that Ordis might be hungry, which has dire implications

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ordis gets hungry. He has already eaten two dogs and a cat, untold argon. He's a menace.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    @Blain , what's your Mesa build out of curiosity?
    Separately, when do the sorties reset?

Easy bit first: Sorties reset at 16:00 UTC. Our time just changed where I am, but it's basically morning time in the US (around lunch in Hawaii, I suppose).

My build's an embarrassment. But if I'm showing the good, I should take my lumps, too.
    emgxj30pdc8g.jpg
    No primed mods. No forma. No power boost beyond Intensify. Transient fortitude is two levels too high (175% is max efficiency) because I didn't know better, and you can't reset mods. I haven't even bothered to farm Pistol Amp yet, so that's an extra 27% damage just sitting on the table.

Two forma and an adapter would get Enemy Sense on, which would be a big help in the index because no companions means no Animal Instinct. And Peacemaker roots Mesa, so it's good to know where ranged enemies are coming from well in advance.

I've got a To Do List for a single frame. The Grind is Real. :bzz:
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Now just wait until baro comes back with the aklex prime relic so you can dump in even more forma!
    I may have two level zero Lex Primes sitting in my inventory... waiting. :redface:

But even with my crappy frame build, time to kill on Heiracon didn't become problematic until enemies hit level 120+. And that was during the fifth forma, so the Lex had a zero level Pathogen Rounds on it. Mesa is a monster if she's got sight lines and energy.

Because of the magnanimous help of Forar I had some keys left over if other alliance people want to try their luck at farming her.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Vendor 1: "These Tenno will trade you fuckin' anything, man. I just asked one for thirty kubrow testicles and he just handed them over."
    Vendor 2: "Hold my beer."

Sidebar:
    Of course there will still be beer. We literally invented agriculture and civilization in order to have beer.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    So @metaghost and I are in a similar position, I feel like, moving forward. We have been playing a good portion of our time together but we have hit a portion of the game where it seems like all of the old/new end game mechanics (from different updates) have opened up. We have everything opened up except Eris (I think?) This, at least for me, has left me unsure what to prioritize pursing (other than trying for different frames). We have the relic runs (which we do regularly), Orokin Derelicts (which seem mostly abandoned as far as player base, minus solo farmers) and hitting up Nightmare missions that are up. We haven't messed with Sorties much yet because their intended level range is so much higher than things we are already having difficulty with. At least in regards to doing for long periods of time where better rewards start dropping.

So I guess what I am going about in a rambling fashion is: Is there a order we need to prioritize in? Or is it just free for all, try and pick something that looks interesting to you?

Well there's some quest lines that do cool stuff and unlock cool things.

I like looking through the market or codex and when I find something interesting looking, I work towards it

Are you in the Ps4 clan? There's lots of neat things to check out in the dojo.

Overall its just keep being a spaceninja

• Options
    And keep reading.
    1edac07727ad8a0be4db6e7a80fd29cf.jpg
    People talk about cool frames, mods, weapons, and activities.

You can get the list of popular weapons by hitting up the Weapon Comparison chart and sorting the different categories by Disposition. (Click the arrows, not the column name. Fewer dots means more popular.) Some are grindy / expensive or require high mastery, but some aren't so demanding and can help with higher level content.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I thought they hid disposition?

edit: nevermind, was thinking of the tennocon drama

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Can anyone post a quick rundown on what makes Gara good, or how to build for it? I leveled it to 30 and nothing really stands out for me. I feel like I'm missing something. It's also very possible that it just isn't my type of frame.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Her 1 scales off melee mods, so you can deal decent damage with it up to pretty high levels. Her 2 gives 90% damage reduction at 130% power strength, and has a super good secret function. Her 3 isn't that great, the way it clumps up enemies in the center is good but it can be unreliable. Her 4 is maybe the best defensive ability in the game, enemies can't pass through it at all and you can shoot through it freely.

The interesting thing about her 2 is, it absorbs the damage from her 3 and 4 exploding, and casting 4 refreshes its duration. Basically you cast your 2 and 4, stand outside the glass wall, and blow it up with your 1 to absorb the explosion damage (which scales off the damage of your 1, which scales off your melee mods) into your glass shard shield, and the shield refreshes its duration every time you make the wall. Keep doing that and you can increase the AoE damage on your shield indefinitely.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    7000 Oxium is such an unreasonable amount for crafting a thing.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    7000 Oxium is such an unreasonable amount for crafting a thing.

but first, let me tell you about the thing that takes 30000 cryotic to make

also finished my first non-starter amp today

tempted to master and gild my mote amp for sake of completion though

• Options
    Stage 3 of today's sortie was a bit of a mess. Defense of an AI against Grineer that shoot radiation. That made Mesa a no go for the friendly fire. I took Wukong so I could res people but the heroes were a Frost Prime that lead the AI into a small room, shelled the hell out of it, and spawned an Ancient Eximus body guard and the Oberon and Nidus who kept the enemies infighting then gathered them up and stomped them to death. I should have been popping my 3 more and brought a good dagger to get those finishers in, but Lex Prime was okay-ish.

"To never die and to conquer all - that is winning." - Wukong Illyria

This discussion has been closed.