Options

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    7000 Oxium is such an unreasonable amount for crafting a thing.

If we could only trade resources I'd give you some of my 20k since I don't need it currently.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    @Blain
    Thanks Blain, that's an interesting take on her. Definitely different than mine, but similar to your story, I raised Narrow Mindedness too high. My Range is 91% which....I'd like it a bit higher. I'm also slightly over on efficiency as I didn't realize there was a cap.....ugh.

My version boosted Duration very high because I'm addicted to Shatter Shield. She's pretty much unkillable except to melee when she has it on, so having it as close to a minute as possible seemed important.

Have you tried Corrosion Aura (whatever does -30% armor) instead of a rifle amp to increase all your damage?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Wew, noticed it was currently nighttime in cetus, so I decided to hop into a free roam to see if I could get a teralyst kill in, found a group, was a bit clownshoes, but we managed a good kill, so I was able to get the focus to get the second naramon passive unbound! Now I just need to get the same done for the other four schools, and decide which one has the most things I care about.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Deans wrote: »
    Her 1 scales off melee mods, so you can deal decent damage with it up to pretty high levels. Her 2 gives 90% damage reduction at 130% power strength, and has a super good secret function. Her 3 isn't that great, the way it clumps up enemies in the center is good but it can be unreliable. Her 4 is maybe the best defensive ability in the game, enemies can't pass through it at all and you can shoot through it freely.

The interesting thing about her 2 is, it absorbs the damage from her 3 and 4 exploding, and casting 4 refreshes its duration. Basically you cast your 2 and 4, stand outside the glass wall, and blow it up with your 1 to absorb the explosion damage (which scales off the damage of your 1, which scales off your melee mods) into your glass shard shield, and the shield refreshes its duration every time you make the wall. Keep doing that and you can increase the AoE damage on your shield indefinitely.

All of this AND: You can cast Gara's 2 on friendly targets, be it other players, spectors, defense VIPs, or Mobile Defense consoles. It's ridiculous.

ALSO, her 4 pens in spectors and VIPs, preventing them from walking around much. I brought her to the Sortie 3 defense, and nothing ever really got close to us. She's bonkers good.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    As may be obvious from my Oxium post last night, I did manage to acquire the final blueprint for Vauban Prime and (oddly enough) Trinity Prime, though I guess she's a recent vaulting, so the relevant relics are still in heavy circulation.

And my Nekros Prime finished yesterday, so I had fun leveling him up and amassing fat stacks of loot. Managed to solo the 40-45 Mobile Defense mission courtesy of Shadows of the Dead, so I'm finally making progress in the final stage of the Void.

Also: fuck every Archwing mission ever.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    As may be obvious from my Oxium post last night, I did manage to acquire the final blueprint for Vauban Prime and (oddly enough) Trinity Prime, though I guess she's a recent vaulting, so the relevant relics are still in heavy circulation.

And my Nekros Prime finished yesterday, so I had fun leveling him up and amassing fat stacks of loot. Managed to solo the 40-45 Mobile Defense mission courtesy of Shadows of the Dead, so I'm finally making progress in the final stage of the Void.

Also: fuck every Archwing mission ever.

Y U have fun without me? Pls 2 b giving me good loot.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Stop passing out after work so we can run some dang derelicts.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I unlocked Panthera and Pox last night. I really enjoy both weapons.

Panthera is so silly but I love how the saw blades bounce off walls and enemies, so you can just fill a room with bouncy saw death.

Pox, meanwhile, feels like I'm just tossing little deadly fart bombs at my enemies, I love it so much. Tonight my Hydroid will be done as well.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Stop passing out after work so we can run some dang derelicts.

If you ever need a stand in, I'm a ps4 ninja as well.

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    My version boosted Duration very high because I'm addicted to Shatter Shield. She's pretty much unkillable except to melee when she has it on, so having it as close to a minute as possible seemed important.

Have you tried Corrosion Aura (whatever does -30% armor) instead of a rifle amp to increase all your damage?

I didn't worry too much about duration because with max efficiency recasting costs 19 energy. If there aren't enough enemies to keep me in energy drops I use void dash to keep charged.

Unless I forma the aura slot I'd lose 10 mod capacity switching to Corrosive Projection. Is it really that necessary? I thought CorPro was really just for bosses and high level Grineer / Corrupted Grineer? Because armor scaling is stupidly broken?

Huh. Apparently that cloud of bugs that Infested are sometimes covered in also provides them with armor. I did not know that.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Wow. How to unlock The Quills syndicate is pretty...undocumented.

There are like...hints? But nothing on the map shows that they're there, and so far not a single NPC has given me a pointer that maybe that's where I should go.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Gotta be honest, I just google'd it.

Got tired of trying to figure out why people were talking about the operator weapon stuff, but there's no fast travel there. I'd already done the quests, and then I was like, oh, I have to go down this little side path and go through a door as my operator... uh, cool. Anyways, give me my new weapon thingy...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I may need to start a new account just to figure out what the fuck is going on these days and get a grip on things. Warframe has changed so much since I last played ages ago o_o

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    are the other syndicate still a fragile dance between ignoring you entirely and sending minor annoyances after you during missions? If the ones that you were cool with y'know... randomly sent help I wouldn't mind the hit squads. Though I feel kinda bad when they die during the syndicate missions, so IDK...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    are the other syndicate still a fragile dance between ignoring you entirely and sending minor annoyances after you during missions? If the ones that you were cool with y'know... randomly sent help I wouldn't mind the hit squads. Though I feel kinda bad when they die during the syndicate missions, so IDK...

That's pretty much it. On a rare occasion where I have neither a frame nor a weapon on hand to deal with them, they can be a bit of a pain (like Stalker), but in general unless I'm solo'ing it's rarely an issue. A little variety, but nothing game changing generally.

I even overlook the 'oh, yeah, we hate you but we need you to do some shit' because in my head, working with enemies for a good reason and with a vested interest (usually, new frames or gear or whatever) fits into plenty of shows/books/movies/etc.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Wew, noticed it was currently nighttime in cetus, so I decided to hop into a free roam to see if I could get a teralyst kill in, found a group, was a bit clownshoes, but we managed a good kill, so I was able to get the focus to get the second naramon passive unbound! Now I just need to get the same done for the other four schools, and decide which one has the most things I care about.

Be aware the latest devstream and notes said that, due to feedback, they are going to be changing focus again (and handing out another round of respecs) soon. So you might want to hold off on getting too deep.

• Options
    My biggest complaint is taking away the ability to stack instant revives. At least, as far as I know, maybe there's something I just don't know; I enter a mission, go to operator, get 4 instant revives, that's it for the rest of the mission?

Running a long defense or something and building up 20+ of the things so I could go on a wild medic spree instantly picking up downed companions and players alike was just a little thing I enjoyed. Being able to build more and more of them was a little thing I worked to do.

Now, with the operator ostensibly more important than ever I use them even less. Unless I'm shooting at those little bastards on the plains, I don't really pay much attention to that mechanic.

Frankly, I'd prefer it they went back to the old style, or something similar to it, but I suppose that after this much time and effort on design and implementation, that's unlikely to occur.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My biggest issue with focus was I had 6-7 nodes fully unlocked in the Zenurik tree previously, all the key really good stuff.

The focus I was refunded from those is barely enough max two on the new tree, both of which are fairly mediocre.

Kelor on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    My only peeve with Focus, which isn't unique to this version, is that I can't save which focus I'm on with my loadout.

Like, still like Zenurick for many of my frames for more energy (even if it's now only extra energy from orbs and cheaper melee channeling) but if I want to run around survival with my Valkyr? Naramon's perk with melee combos is muuuch more appealing with my Eternal War build. Or I might want instant revives for an elemental enhancement sortie, and without actually having the focus to try any out, just by looking at the descriptions, Madurai looks like the focus I'd want when I'm actually planning on using my Operator, even though the warframe passives are just as meh as they were before.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    As a new player, my problem with the focus system is that you go from switching between your frames depending on what is best for the job.... to mainly using your one frame with a lens, or you lose out on focus (even if it is tiny), which feels bad.

The placement of Second Dream/War Within quests is also a bit late. It is past the point where the game's difficulty ramps up, and would be very easy for a new player to stop planet progression to go do a bunch of other stuff to get stronger. When the new player does go back to those quests, it feels bad because had you just powered through you could have been gaining focus for all that other stuff you did.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    One thing that'd be neat to see is a thing sold by the quills that lets you unslot a lens, like what Arcanes have.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    my issue with focus is that it's boring and slow as shit to farm

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Like, the conversion rates on it are absolutely abhorrent compared to the costs required to up nodes on the focus tree

Sure i could set up an optimal farming set/frame or somethjng and just farm it somewhere but there is no motivation, it's not engaging other than look at these fat stat buffs etc

If the 5 schools are as central to the Tenno as they claim to be i would appreciate if they tied focus gain to actually doing shit the schools supposedly stand for

Like playing heavy assault/nuke frames and overwhelming enemies by doing x damage in an area within a time limit and doing exterminates gets you Madurai xp, or doing defenses missions/applying shields/blocking attacks gets you Unairu xp, doing scans/spy missions gets you Naramon xp

Obviously there would have to be wiggle room or splash xp to other schools based on overlap or something but that would be much more interesting than the "lol, u put this lens on ur gear and u get tiny %s of xp!!" we have now

Orphane on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Like, the conversion rates on it are absolutely abhorrent compared to the costs required to up nodes on the focus tree

Sure i could set up an optimal farming set/frame or somethjng and just farm it somewhere but there is no motivation, it's not engaging other than look at these fat stat buffs etc

If the 5 schools are as central to the Tenno as they claim to be i would appreciate if they tied focus gain to actually doing shit the schools supposedly stand for

Like playing heavy assault/nuke frames and overwhelming enemies by doing x damage in an area within a time limit and doing exterminates gets you Madurai xp, or doing defenses missions/applying shields/blocking attacks gets you Unairu xp, doing scans/spy missions gets you Naramon xp

Obviously there would have to be wiggle room or splash xp to other schools based on overlap or something but that would be much more interesting than the "lol, u put this lens on ur gear and u get tiny %s of xp!!" we have now

it is a fully flushed out system with absolutely no thought put into and little reason to even ever engage with it

there is very little reason to ever use your operator and actually getting to the point where using your operator is meaningful takes way WAY too much effort

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it is a fully flushed out system with absolutely no thought put into and little reason to even ever engage with it

there is very little reason to ever use your operator and actually getting to the point where using your operator is meaningful takes way WAY too much effort

well, with plains of Eidolon there is

which makes the focus system all the more odious if they're going to make encounters that require the Operator

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

which makes the focus system all the more odious if they're going to make encounters that require the Operator

forcing void beam to break shields is dumb, but does the terralyst really require focus points?

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular

forcing void beam to break shields is dumb, but does the terralyst really require focus points?

Not really, improving your operator's survivability and damage might help you kill it a little faster but that's about it. Having a good amp is most important.

I really hope operators and focus become super cool some day. With the way DE are constantly changing and adding things, it might happen.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    I've gotta find and kill five juggernauts to unlock Inaros. I've heard derilect captures are good for it. Any other locations?

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

Not really, improving your operator's survivability and damage might help you kill it a little faster but that's about it. Having a good amp is most important.

I really hope operators and focus become super cool some day. With the way DE are constantly changing and adding things, it might happen.

Archwing looks at itself every morning in the mirror and says the same thing.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    I've gotta find and kill five juggernauts to unlock Inaros. I've heard derilect captures are good for it. Any other locations?

Missions on Eris will often have chances to spawn them. Whenever you hear the scream, and then Lotus starts talking about one being nearby and all the enemies glow yellow, go full ham and murder a bunch of infested quickly and a juggernaut will show up.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Does the Jordan one count?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    oh btw I don't feel like sourcing this post but Plains of Eidolon is going live on consoles November 14th.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Blain wrote: »

I didn't worry too much about duration because with max efficiency recasting costs 19 energy. If there aren't enough enemies to keep me in energy drops I use void dash to keep charged.

Unless I forma the aura slot I'd lose 10 mod capacity switching to Corrosive Projection. Is it really that necessary? I thought CorPro was really just for bosses and high level Grineer / Corrupted Grineer? Because armor scaling is stupidly broken?

Huh. Apparently that cloud of bugs that Infested are sometimes covered in also provides them with armor. I did not know that.
    @Blain

I don't know, honestly. I did it on the recommendation of another buddy, but the damage seemed to go up. Granted I ALSO just found out mods on my secondary affect Peacekeeper damage, so now I need to find out how best to take advantage of that situation.

CorPro does work on everything, though, and everything has some armor inherently I imagine, so that's why I went and to your point, forma'd the aura slot. I am by no means a source on it, though, I just pretty much take advice and assume they're right for now in Warframe as a LOT changed since back when Nova Prime was brand new.

As a separate aside to just story tell....

Man, Ivara completely trivializes Mastery Test 12.

I managed to finally put Vauban Prime into production (lot of Oxium, holy hell) and got a spare full set to turn into Ducat fuel. I also started using Ember Prime (got her and never leveled her back in the day)....and I dunno how good she is at high level content, but low level farming is brain dead easy.

Can't wait for Plains next week.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So I got to play around with hydroid last night. He's pretty fun. I especially like his puddle ability.

I'm torn about putting a potato in him though because I'm also trying to get inaro, vaubon, nekros, chroma and nidus and want to save it for one of them potentially. On the other hand im not exactly close on any of them.

The closest is chroma but I still need the saryn systems before I can make the chroma systems. Should I upgrade hydroid or save it for someone cooler?

• Options
    Some people seem to think Hydroid is garbage, but I love him for his theme / abilities alone. Also, I love to farm.

Nekros is apparently the superior farming frame, though.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So I got to play around with hydroid last night. He's pretty fun. I especially like his puddle ability.

I'm torn about putting a potato in him though because I'm also trying to get inaro, vaubon, nekros, chroma and nidus and want to save it for one of them potentially. On the other hand im not exactly close on any of them.

The closest is chroma but I still need the saryn systems before I can make the chroma systems. Should I upgrade hydroid or save it for someone cooler?

There will be many, many potatoes in your future. They only seem rare to begin with. I generally feel that if you like a frame and how it plays, it's worth a tater.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I want to play Hydroid because he is a pirate. Pirate in a world of ninjas.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Some people seem to think Hydroid is garbage, but I love him for his theme / abilities alone. Also, I love to farm.

Nekros is apparently the superior farming frame, though.

I'm just sad they made his ultimate ability so much smaller.

Sure, standing there and pressing 4 every so often might not be exhilarating gameplay to some, but like any aoe damage frame, it's not like there's a lacking need to run around and shoot things and pick stuff up. Hell, with a single pizza my Ember can just stand there and murder everything that has the misfortune to share a postal code with her.

Maybe I'm behind on the Hyroid update, I know they changed a bunch of stuff including allowing us to use other abilities while in the puddle, but Pilfroid was a fine farming frame I often chose when we already had a Nekros for some content (Mutagen Sample farming, I'm looking at you). Now I just make sure someone has the Nekros role covered and we're basically good to go.

I'm sure there's probably some pro level Hydroid out there that gets the same effect with a little more effort, but it wasn't a frame I ran to when I wanted to put a pile of effort into things in the first place. Just farm up those samples/cells/neurodes and call it a day!

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    I managed to finally put Vauban Prime into production (lot of Oxium, holy hell) and got a spare full set to turn into Ducat fuel. I also started using Ember Prime (got her and never leveled her back in the day)....and I dunno how good she is at high level content, but low level farming is brain dead easy.

Congrats on the Vauban. That is a ton of Oxium.

Ember's time to kill falls off in higher levels, but the Firequake augment lets her switch to crowd control, so she's still useful at higher levels, just in a different role.
    Can't wait for Plains next week.

That should be good times, especially with the economy and quality of life improvements you should have right out of the gate.

Forar wrote: »
    I'm just sad they made [Hydroid's] ultimate ability so much smaller.

Did they? I thought the charge mechanic made it bigger than it used to be.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    According to the wiki, Naughty Tentacles has a 5 m radius, that can be charged to 300%, so 15 m adjustable by range mods.

It's certainly noticeably wider on a full charge, but Desecrate starts out bigger I believe.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
This discussion has been closed.