As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i made it to jupiter and i got bunny ears and easter colors and a rhino frame ready to play tomorrow and all the parts for an oberon in my foundry and all kindsa mods and it's like OMG all the things!
    this game is great!

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    ...wait, is this Limbo just DIO?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    kinda sorta

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

buV7B4c.jpg

. . .Kinda.

edit- Watching that Warframe documentary and holy crap, DE removed a microtransaction system cause one guy (just ONE) was spending way to much money. Holy crap, why can't DE be all game studios?

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Wait a fucking minute, I just realized the Grineer are the Strogg from Quake.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Wait a fucking minute, I just realized the Grineer are the Strogg from Quake.

Nnnot quite? They're clones of clones of clones of clones, they don't go around turning regular people into grineer.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    200?cb=20140415221134167?cb=20170703140638

latest?cb=20130426211602

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Excuse me. There's only one Dio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taj3Eb1A_lw

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taj3Eb1A_lw

DIO aka dio brando is named after ronnie james dio

almost everybody and everything in JJBA is a musical reference

• Options
    edited March 2018

-snip-

He is actually named for that Dio. JoJo also has REO Speedwagon, Vanilla Ice, Iggy Pop and a bunch of others I am forgetting.

Axen on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    I don't know what a JJBA is. I will assume it is an anime thing.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i also got a mod that silences my rifle which completely changes the way you can play solo missions.
    so much fun.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    I was also specifically referring to DIO, who is named after the band Dio. Not Dio Brando, who is named for the man Dio.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

If you ever seen that Frozen Time meme, that's DIO.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

Hm. No, no I don't think I have. I am apparently older than I thought.

• Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

Hm. No, no I don't think I have. I am apparently older than I thought.

part 3(the part where dio can stop time) came out in like 1990

• Options
    JoJo may not be the first anime (or manga), but it is pretty much the anime (or manga) from whence all anime (or manga) springs forth.

The manga started in 87(?) and is still going. You can't throw a waifu without hitting like a dozen JoJo references. It is crazy.

In Warframe news, hey I completed The Second Dream and The War Within. I am adorable!

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Ianator wrote: »
    Holy crap you guys I actually got a Gara part

...Now to find like thirty-five more Iradite!

This is funny to me, because last night my IRL friends were running bounties and a full 75% of the drops we got were Gara Systems.

I mean, c'mon game. I know it's uncommon, but it's not that not-rare.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Happy ChunksHappy Chunks Registered User regular
    Can I get my 2 man clan invited to the alliance on PC? Clan name is Chunky, mine is HappyChunks.

Also we have the Ignis Wraith blueprint if anyone wants one PM in game if I'm online.

• Options
    I've unlocked the route to Jupiter (and still have the route unlocked to The Void as well). Aside from those planets, just missing two Ceres missions from being complete.

I am increasingly having a hard time when it comes to taking damage and lasting through it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how I'm supposed to be fighting or when. Considering putting off further progress to do some mod upgrade farming for my frame and rifle. I swapped melee and pistols to things I need to level.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Could also be that you need to use your CC/survivability powers more.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Oh, also worth noting that when you complete all of a planet's mission nodes you will unlock a rotating mission that is set to Nightmare Mode.

The mission will have one of several modifiers (low gravity, your health drains constantly but dealing damage to enemies restores it, no shields, no energy) and reward you with a Nightmare mod (a mod that gives a +bonus to two stats)

28qJvR7.png

When you encounter alerts for Nightmare mods, they always default to players having no shields. Keep it in mind before queuing. Rhino and other high health frames can basically ignore this restriction if you bring one.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The mods you really want from that list are:
    Blaze, Chilling reload, Seeking fury, Shred, Lethal Torrent, Drifting Contact, Animal Instinct

Low levels really take rapid fire shotguns to the next level (chilling reload, Blaze) while Seeking Fury at the next tier is what makes "the big boomstick" (Tigris and variants) the menace it is.
    Drifting contact is what makes "melee only" viable at higher tiers, but really requires either stuff from the plains of eidolon or the ultra hard-to-get (but not as ultra hard to get as it used to be) Blood Rush mod. At least you don't need Body Count anymore.
    Shred, Lethal Torrent and Animal Instinct are just great mods for Rifles, Pistols and Sentinels respectively.

The rest of the mods on the list are either really really situational, or trash. Alas, poor Accelerated Blast! I knew him, Horatio. It used to be THE mod back in Damage 1.0, but has become mostly useless.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Man, some really bad assassination missions on the tail end of sorties lately.

• Options
    A friend advised me to get all the syndicate sigils before actually working up any favor or whatever it's called in this game with them. So I just did that. High-five to Kelor for helping me take a trip to Saturn for the one set of materials I needed.

I'm gonna work on the Syndicate that does scanning stuffs that I read about. So I can scan all the things. I'm guess this will make one or two other syndicates unhappy with me. What should I expect?

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    A friend advised me to get all the syndicate sigils before actually working up any favor or whatever it's called in this game with them. So I just did that. High-five to Kelor for helping me take a trip to Saturn for the one set of materials I needed.

I'm gonna work on the Syndicate that does scanning stuffs that I read about. So I can scan all the things. I'm guess this will make one or two other syndicates unhappy with me. What should I expect?

That one is actually independent of the six main syndicate factions. Cephalon Simarus(i?) is the name of it, you find it on relays. He'll pick a target for you, you have to go hunt it down and scan the nodes on it's body with a special scanner.

If you're just keen to scan stuff you would probably be better served by buying the Helios blueprint from the Energy Lab in your clan's dojo, it's a Sentinel companion that automatically scans everything you run across.

For the six initial syndicates they will dislike you for working with some of the others and send hit squads after you if you tick them off enough. Usually while you're in a ventilation shaft during a spy mission.

Take a look at them and see what warframes they support, they sell Augmentation mods that alter a specific warframe's abilities. Some are minor, some totally change the way you will build the frame (Vampire Leech, Iron Stampede) and others convert abilities into totally different ones (PIlfering Swarm for Hydroid makes it so enemies have double the chance of dropping items when they die in Hydroid's tentacles)

Kelor on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    If you like scanning stuff it's worth both getting Helios and ranking Simaris, because helios can also use synthesis scanners (though they won't give rep) and there's the one scanner upgrade from Simaris that gives you infinite synthesis scanner charges.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The Cephalons can also give you access to a huge hammer that kill-scans things. Kill-scans All the things.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I appear to be stuck. I can't unlock any new planets, and the only quest I have is to raise the pet. Which I looked up, and requires materials from planets I can't get to yet. I went ahead and farmed the three Rhino parts, bought the blueprints, and realized it also needs several bits from places I can't get to yet.

What should I be doing here? Is progression locked behind ranks? Do I need to just grind on the three planets I have now for another day or two?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I appear to be stuck. I can't unlock any new planets, and the only quest I have is to raise the pet. Which I looked up, and requires materials from planets I can't get to yet. I went ahead and farmed the three Rhino parts, bought the blueprints, and realized it also needs several bits from places I can't get to yet.

What should I be doing here? Is progression locked behind ranks? Do I need to just grind on the three planets I have now for another day or two?

You have to unlock the relays. Each relay will tell you what you need to do to unlock it, leading to the next planet.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I've done all of that for the one relay I have available. But I can't get to the relay itself to do the unlock mission. The spot on the map that connects to it is locked.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Complete the missions leading to the relay? As you complete each node it unlocks the ones connected to it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I've done all of that for the one relay I have available. But I can't get to the relay itself to do the unlock mission. The spot on the map that connects to it is locked.

What relay? If it's earth, have you gone to cetus and checked out the plains?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

I think it's Earth, yeah. The spot I can't unlock is the Plains. But I haven't gotten a mission to go anywhere else, or been told to or anything. So I just have to go to that planet and do a mission or something to unlock the Plains on Earth, too?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

I think it's Earth, yeah. The spot I can't unlock is the Plains. But I haven't gotten a mission to go anywhere else, or been told to or anything. So I just have to go to that planet and do a mission or something to unlock the Plains on Earth, too?

You have to go to Cetus first, then the plains will unlock and the path towards the junction will become available.

Edit: And you're right, it's really poorly sign posted to lead you there.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Alright, thanks.

So, is it fairly normal to just run out of things to level? Two frames maxed already, down to my last weapon of each type to use, and they're already almost maxed again. And the Sentinel and its weapon are maxed as well. Do you regularly run into dry spells between finding new things?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Alright, thanks.

So, is it fairly normal to just run out of things to level? Two frames maxed already, down to my last weapon of each type to use, and they're already almost maxed again. And the Sentinel and its weapon are maxed as well. Do you regularly run into dry spells between finding new things?

If you're around, jump on, we can farm up the components you need for your Rhino so it'll be done before the end of the weekend and get you at least partly caught up.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Alright, thanks.

If you're in the clan there's a bunch of blueprints in the dojo you can buy.

• Options
    I wanted to make sure I understood the game and everything before I asked to join up. But if you've got space open, that'd be great. I just got off, but I'll hop back on again for a bit, sure. Account should be RadSuit.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.