As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    And if that's not super appealing, wait for an affinity booster to drop from a daily box or something to help speed things up.

It's not 'zomg fast' like some standard frame maps, but it's a hell of a lot faster than it used to be. At release... oh god, it was like watching paint dry.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I like using my archwing on the plains as an airborne sniping platform. Good visibility, I can relocate quickly, etc.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Donuts, pre-discovering Archwing Launchers are a thing:

Archwings are fun! Archwings will be great on the plains! I can't wait!

Donuts, post-discovering Archwing Launchers are a thing:

Archwings are fun! Why does DE hate fun?!

Yes, it has charges but why is that even necessary?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So I decided to take a look at the plague zaw grips because the other day a couple people in alliance chat were wondering if there was a stat difference from them and the standard grips, or if it was just fashion, and I was also curious about it. From what I can tell there actually is a stat difference. The plague grips seem to be an in-between sort of deal when compared to the standard grips. The one-handed grip is described as fast but weak, and this seems to hold true, but it's not the same as the Peye, the standard fast but weak one-handed grip, as the plague one is slightly slower and slightly stronger while still being faster and weaker than the neutral one-handed grip. Same deal for the two-handed grip, as it's described as being slow but strong, and is indeed slower and stronger than the Jayap grip, but not as much as the Kroostra.

So I guess in the end you'd use them if you wanted something slow-but-strong or fast-but-weak, but you don't want it to be as extreme as the normal ones are.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The launchers are stupid cheap, doesn't seem like that'll be a problem.
    Y'know what I do think is annoying with plains archwinging though? There's a bunch of attacks that just instantly knock you out of your archwing so it's really hard to actually engage enemies in one.

• Options
    The launchers aren't super expensive, but if nothing else the Oil seems like the sticking point.

Is it a huge deal to take like 10 minutes, hop into the plains, do a little fishing, and jet to do some crafting?

Not really, but it's needless busywork all the same. I suppose if I were to actually craft some more Zaws or Gara or whatever I might be drowning in fish oil, but as I haven't, that's my short supply item that isn't easily picked up while running around doing other missions. Even mining can be slowly picked up while roaming from place to place, or taking a second while at a defense objective at a mine, but that's my take on it. Not a crime against gaming or humanity, but I would've preferred they go a different way. Hell, make a version that's more expensive but has infinite charges, or can be bought with faction like the Scanner upgrade (another item with a pittance required for upkeep and yet they allowed for not having to worry about it eventually). That precedent exists, though I respect that it's something of an exception compared to the dozens of other gear with uses to keep us fiddling with one thing or another (Polymer, I'm looking at you, at least before I went on a rampage and snagged a simply absurd amount of it).

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    what's annoying is that in between when i last played the game they fucked with the way archwing controls

whether or not you can brake on the Plains of Eidolon is a coin toss and it feels like a worse, less controllable experience even in archwing maps

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    You can turn them back to the old controls.

It's a toggle in the options menu.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    FormalhouteFormalhoute Registered User regular
    if there is room in the PC clan could i get an invite? was in before but hadn't been on in a long time because of a deployment so i got kicked; in game name Formalhoute

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So the event.
    What do I do and how long does it take.
    Also do I need to do War Within first

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So the event.
    What do I do and how long does it take.
    Also do I need to do War Within first
    You run the Plague Star bounty from konzu in cetus, how long it takes depends on how good a group you have and if you slap in any of the 'I want to fight a lephantis reskin' consumables during the stage where you can do that.
    WW is not required.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Y'know what I do think is annoying with plains archwinging though? There's a bunch of attacks that just instantly knock you out of your archwing so it's really hard to actually engage enemies in one.

This.

A foot patrol of three level 10 Grineer instantly shot down my level 28 Odonata Prime while Energy Shell was active.

I’ve got 30 or so air to ground kills to get for the trophy, then I’m saving the rest of my launcher charges for when DE makes Sky Archwing actually useful.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

That's another reason why I like sniping with the archwing. I can engage from so far away that they never shoot their rockets at me to knock me out of the sky. Even if they do fire them at me, I'm so far away that I can shoot the rockets out of the air before they reach me.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    You can turn them back to the old controls.

It's a toggle in the options menu.

I think i did do that

I'll have to check

• Options
    if there is room in the PC clan could i get an invite? was in before but hadn't been on in a long time because of a deployment so i got kicked; in game name Formalhoute

Invite sent, welcome back!

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I like how my Targis prime shoulders occasionally break and one shoulder just shoots a large spout of energy off. I hope other people see it too! <3

Plains really makes me wish there was a consumable or something to bring back your sentinel if it dies... specially when you run into a lot of napalm and bomber guys on the plains.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I like how my Targis prime shoulders occasionally break and one shoulder just shoots a large spout of energy off. I hope other people see it too! <3

Plains really makes me wish there was a consumable or something to bring back your sentinel if it dies... specially when you run into a lot of napalm and bomber guys on the plains.

A consumable would be cool. In the meantime, you might know, but for the benefit of anyone reading this, Primed Regen is worth grabbing if you see it come back around in Baro’s rotation. Two to three revives of your sentinel, once it’s leveled.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Dang, saw an Ember just melt the Lephantis knock offs in Plague Star down in about three seconds earlier by stacking four Fire Blasts one on top of another.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

I thought you meant you were buying individual Vauban pieces and was trying not to say "damn, you got fuuuuucked", but 60 is substantially under the going Marketplace rate for a full set, so nicely done.

Re-reading over your post, I can see where the misunderstanding arose. :-P

I blame myself for not being clear. Yeah, I was prowling and just looking for full Vauban sets for 60p on the PS4. Found three so far and used one for myself, but have slacked off since. Baro's recent wares weren't super impressive, so I am good at the moment with what I've netted. That and still plenty of time to grind relics before his next visit anyways.

I still am going to try your method, though, if I can mentally recover from accidentally finishing a build early in my foundry. Platinum, wasted. I felt sick afterwards. It's what I get for not paying attention.
    Kelor wrote: »
    Dang, saw an Ember just melt the Lephantis knock offs in Plague Star down in about three seconds earlier by stacking four Fire Blasts one on top of another.

I am scribbling this down. Ember Prime is so much fun on the Plains thus far.
    Entaru wrote: »
    I spend a ton of time running akkad over and over again because I like leveling things.

Is it weird? Yeah but fun for me.

Is that the Infested defense in the small area? Buddy of mine dragged me there for the first time. He told me to bring Nekros, didn't tell me anything else. He was Ivara and he put dashwires over the defense point. We just hung up there on the wires with Despoil running murdering. Was boring, but effective.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

A consumable would be cool. In the meantime, you might know, but for the benefit of anyone reading this, Primed Regen is worth grabbing if you see it come back around in Baro’s rotation. Two to three revives of your sentinel, once it’s leveled.

Primed Regen was on sale this past weekend! (on PC)

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Based on a recommendation, I just picked this up on PC over the weekend. Spent almost as much time reading guides and watching videos to figure out what is going on as I did playing. Not sure that I will binge-play this, but it seems like it will be a lot of fun to pop in and play a few missions.

Anyway, my Excalibur is about halfway through Venus. I was a little disappointed yesterday when I reached the XP needed for mastery rank 2 and it told me I needed to wait 5 hours. I was hoping to start building a new gun. I think Boltor was the recommendation I saw on a video.

Hints and tips for super noobs are always welcome.

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    Oh, Regen and Primed Regen help, but when you're getting bombard napalm spammed and that uh... mortar thing it's like boop-ba-doop. Same as normal (talking lvl 30+ mobs)

There's just a point where being fixed directly above your shoulder is probably not a good thing. If only we could direct our sentinels to stop following or resume following. That'd be
    awesome.

Trying to figure out where I can slide uninterrupted for 500m. I've been able to go ~250m before hitting a rock.

Was also able to snag Piercing Caliber for 100p last night. Console is up to 75% before Razorback returns, so that's kind of a steal.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Being able to exit plains without other people when?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    You can just Leave Squad and then exit the plains.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Not sure when/where it happened, but Rage dropped in during Plague Start runs last night, and I am super excited. I've got a Inaros waiting with baited breath.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Bizazedo wrote: »

*blink*

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER WHAT THE HELL WHY ISN'T THAT MORE CLEARLY EXPLAINED?

Edit: granted, with the new 'no really, people want to leave, you have 1 minute to finish faffing about' countdown it's not nearly as big a deal, but I wish this was expressed explicitly in the tutorials for the Plains somewhere.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Hmm... I would have assumed it worked that way because don't the plains function (as far as hosting, etc) the same was as the relays except you can shoot people?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Hmm... I would have assumed it worked that way because don't the plains function (as far as hosting, etc) the same was as the relays except you can shoot people?

I've seen enough hosts leave and being forced to transition that I'd just assumed it was treated like any other mission.

Cetus exists like the relays. The Plains themselves still rely on players to host.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER WHAT THE HELL WHY ISN'T THAT MORE CLEARLY EXPLAINED?

warframe

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Last night was a pretty good night. I finished the Inaros quest. I had to replay the last mission 3 times though. That boss seems oddly placed. It's a 20-25 mission, and I was using my Braton. Everything I faced in the mission literally died in 1 bullet. Then the boss comes along and is just a complete bullet sponge. I ended up running out of ammo on both my primary and secondary and had to engage in melee, which isn't great considering he could kill me in like 2 hits in melee.

Anyways, on my third attempt I brought my Opticor and killed him in 3 shots.

But even better than this, after a run of like 30 or 40 goes trying to farm up the pieces of Nidus and not finding a single piece, I somehow got all 3 pieces over a course of 5 attempts. So he's baking right now along with Inaros. Those are the two frames I feel I've had my eyes on the longest. Once I get them leveled and modded I can focus more on weapons and mods.

I was the beneficiary of a bug last night that allowed a Riven to unlock. It was a 'complete a 30+ defense where no damage happens to the pod' mission. A ton of damage happened to the pod, but it still unlocked at the end. It's for the Mutalist Quanta, which seems like a neat weapon, so I'm going to start trying to build that tonight.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I unveiled my first riven yesterday. Which hilariously was +5% dmg vs infected and Corpus but -10% dmg overall.

Do not want.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    one of my rivens requires me to win a 30 minute defense without killing a single enemy

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    I unveiled my first riven yesterday. Which hilariously was +5% dmg vs infected and Corpus but -10% dmg overall.

Do not want.

Re-roll it!

I am constantly in need of Kuva now, it's alarming.

• Options
    When you re-roll, does the weapon it’s for get re-rolled too? Because that riven was for the Boltor, and I don’t really think there’s a possible riven that will get me to return to the Boltor.

• Options
    What's wrong with the boltor?

• Options
    Nothing wrong with the gun, just not my steez.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    metaghost wrote: »
    When you re-roll, does the weapon it’s for get re-rolled too? Because that riven was for the Boltor, and I don’t really think there’s a possible riven that will get me to return to the Boltor.

No, the weapon remains constant. You also get to choose whether to keep the original roll or keep the new roll.

It's like gambling, and do you know who likes gambling?

Winners.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    one of my rivens requires me to win a 30 minute defense without killing a single enemy

Are you sure you don't mean Level 30 survival without killing? IIRC none of the rivens require a specific time or # of waves, only start level req and if it's actually defense... you need to report that, because that's impossible as waves don't end until everything dies.

Anyway, it's easier than it sounds. Take Ivara or Loki, pick a Grineer map and stay stealthed the whole time, opening every locker and canister you can find for life support and energy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I really need to get back into doing sorties again. I only have one riven card... just got fed up with all the nezha parts and stuff.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Foefaller wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Are you sure you don't mean Level 30 survival without killing? IIRC none of the rivens require a specific time or # of waves, only start level req and if it's actually defense... you need to report that, because that's impossible as waves don't end until everything dies.

Anyway, it's easier than it sounds. Take Ivara or Loki, pick a Grineer map and stay stealthed the whole time, opening every locker and canister you can find for life support and energy.

I also had a Riven that required winning a level 30 or higher defense with no damage to the target we were defending, maybe he / she is mixing it up with that? I am blessed and RNG gave me a Limbo who had the same Riven. My Frost Prime plus his Limbo plus the two randos made it easy.

We both apologized when we bailed after the 5th wave, though.

Bizazedo on
This discussion has been closed.