As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS OLD AND FUNKY! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Hunter seems very good indeed in arena right now.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Just finished a Dungeon run with Hunter where I got Potion of Vitality, and Ring of Justice with a full Quel'Delar blade.

That thing is absolutely nuts, and the proc effect is separate from the base weapon attack so you can do 12 damage per hit when you go to face. I luckily had the blade before the hilt, and used it and my Eaglehorn to keep control of the board while I Dinomanced my low drop minions into a wrecking crew. Was a pretty stress free run!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    copied Dog's kingsbane list, that's a blast. took a while but I beat out a paladin through quite a bit of healing and taunts.

so that's spell hunter, resurrection priest, dk priest (sans dragons), and spell hunter I've got built so far. Probably gonna turn dk priest into the dragon version next. After that I don't know, I guess lock sounds like the next most fun thing.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Guys, as much fun as you think it will be, do not take the darkness in arena. The other leggo options I had were also crap so at least I wasn't missing out on something worthwhile

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Is there an interesting deck with The Darkness?

It looks like he will be dust since I got him golden, but perhaps he is fun in a Druid or Warrior deck or whatever I'm not thinking about right now.

Well I'm trying to use him in shaman, that way you can drop the battlecries trigger twice card, then drop darkness and put 6 candles in the opponents deck instead of 3. but what im trying to do with shaman isnt working out so i need to shift strats.

It's not a battlecry, right?

Edit: no you are right, it totally is!

I want to make a controll shaman now!

I'm trying to friggin FIND a single control shaman that could be modified for my idea, but am having trouble. its all evolve crap right now and totem shamans do poorly without specific mulligans.

What i was hoping to do was build a control deck that would let me create a situation to have my totems up ready for a double battlecry + windshear to summon two Al'kairs, THEN i could next turn assuming one of my al'kairs lived, either sapphire spellstone more al'kairs, or worldshaker to get a double Al'kair turn.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Shen wrote: »

lol.

9987d9ytiutm.jpg

First 12 win run since maybe 2014, definitely 2015. Obviously Bonemare is stupid busted, and getting extras from Tracker is great, and if you draft a Spellstone just take every single goddamn secret you're offered. Misdirection was typically "Deal 1 damage to the enemy hero, summon a 3/3 (in 2/3 turns)" and nothing else, and it was still crazy good, especially if I hit two spellstones at once.

Losses were to another hunter and a Priest with Duskbreaker (could have maybe won that one if I'd let the Bone Drake get bounced by Freezing Trap).

ladi.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I'm sure someone has pointed this out, but Unstable Evolution does count as an individual spell each time for the purposes of reducing Arcane Giant's mana cost.

I got it in rogue one game and had two arcane giants + the lich king on turn 5.

• Options

lol.

9987d9ytiutm.jpg

First 12 win run since maybe 2014, definitely 2015. Obviously Bonemare is stupid busted, and getting extras from Tracker is great, and if you draft a Spellstone just take every single goddamn secret you're offered. Misdirection was typically "Deal 1 damage to the enemy hero, summon a 3/3 (in 2/3 turns)" and nothing else, and it was still crazy good, especially if I hit two spellstones at once.

Losses were to another hunter and a Priest with Duskbreaker (could have maybe won that one if I'd let the Bone Drake get bounced by Freezing Trap).

4 spellstones and 3 bonemears? Really? Theres a special hell for people like you.... :)

• Options
    Heartharena reckons Spellstone is a 72 rating card and puts the Misdirection and Explosive Trap at 31 and 45 respectively, outplayed tbh :P

ladi.png
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Calling it now, Secrets/Tempo with Aluneth is going to be the new go-to aggro ladder deck. It's really good.

I was telling people Aluneth was really good! 3 cards a turn is no joke!

There is a lot less weapon destruction bring played than I anticipated too.

everyone's gonna be running silence when naxx drops
    There is less weapon destruction then we've seen in previous metas though. Back when Gadgetzan came out I think most decks were running an ooze or two.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Calling it now, Secrets/Tempo with Aluneth is going to be the new go-to aggro ladder deck. It's really good.

There is less weapon destruction then we've seen in previous metas though. Back when Gadgetzan came out I think most decks were running an ooze or two.

IT'S SO WEIRD. THERE ARE MORE TARGETS THAN EVER.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    For folks getting the Quest bug, try switching your language to German, and then back to whatever you normally play in. That fixed it for me and a bunch of folks on the subreddit.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

I'm not really seeing that many new weapons being used though.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I think it’s because a lot of the weapons give you value before they can be destroyed.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Phew. Cleared a Priest run with the help of Spellpower +3, and drawing Archmage's Staff (0 cost, 0/3 weapon, at the start of each turn, get a random mage spell) on turn 3. That easily let me control the board against The Darkness and fatigue him. That makes 5 full clears out of 8. Spellpower +3 for Rogue and Priest, and minions cost 5 mana maximum for Hunter have been the carries. Warrior I happened to luck out a win against King Togwaggle who didn't random anything good. Warlock I managed to miss all my 5-cost max. lategame against The Devourer, but luckily I had enough early game to drop a whole Zoo on his face until he stopped moving.

Best game mode? Best game mode. I just wish you could complete quests in it (besides the "7 wins in any game mode" one, which ruled).

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options

I think it’s because a lot of the weapons give you value before they can be destroyed.

Sure, but they also almost all have continual value.

I think it's just because it's early days and people are still feeling things out.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Just had my first experience with Rin managing to draw all of the seals and destroy my deck playing as taunt warrior

I should probably tech a silence for her (a smart player would find a way to kill her the turn she is played though)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Rin only works against suuuuuuuuuuuper greedy decks. Getting all the seals in place just takes too much mana against someone who's dropping threats every turn.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Every time I see a warlock play Rin part of me hopes they actually pull it off

not enough for me to help them, mind you

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

It's because you don't literally immediately die if you don't break the weapon, unlike vs pirate warrior. And gluttonous ooze's armor gain was super relavent then.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Finally caught up on thread. I'll have to try that aggro-din list, but I'm missing Aluneth for Secret/Tempo Mage.

I can throw my hat in that Miracle Rogue with Kingsbane is super, super fun. Especially since Doomerang works as it should returning it to your hand after doing damage, including lifesteal. I have had some great fun with it.

I crafted a dragon priest without the legendary + valen combo cause I don't have Dragon Temporus, but I also went 100% for about 8 games with that until rank 11 where I got beat twice. Once by tempo Secrets, and once by Hunter Spells. I'll post my list when I get a chance, but it's a pretty standard control Priest with dragon synergy plus new cards.

• Options
    Finally caught up on thread. I'll have to try that aggro-din list, but I'm missing Aluneth for Secret/Tempo Mage.

I can throw my hat in that Miracle Rogue with Kingsbane is super, super fun. Especially since Doomerang works as it should returning it to your hand after doing damage, including lifesteal. I have had some great fun with it.

I crafted a dragon priest without the legendary + valen combo cause I don't have Dragon Temporus, but I also went 100% for about 8 games with that until rank 11 where I got beat twice. Once by tempo Secrets, and once by Hunter Spells. I'll post my list when I get a chance, but it's a pretty standard control Priest with dragon synergy plus new cards.

I think it's worth teching Eater of Secrets into Priest because its weakest matchup by far right now is Secrets Mage. Gonna mess around with it later.

• Options
    edited December 2017

The problem is that the weapons are also insanely good. Most of the new weapons allow you to trade at least 1 for 1 so that by time you kill you it, your opponent's already even on cards and tempo. If you don't kill it, your opponent is way ahead. There's no time for weapon removal outside of like, control warlock.

I'd even argue that Spellbreaker right now is better than weapon removal. There are a LOT of silence targets right now, and there are a bunch of decks that can't win against certain cards without at least 1 silence.

I've even thought about swapping an Arcane Giant for a spell breaker or possibly second sap for that reason.

Roz on
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    I need 3 epics for Kingsbane miracle rogue, which seems like more than I want to craft this early but I'm weak so will probably spend the 1200 dust soon.

• Options
    @GoodKingJayIII You left before that game ended! I won at 1 life.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Has the dust settled on the best Kingsbane deck?

• Options
    Kolosus wrote: »
    Has the dust settled on the best Kingsbane deck?

I'm not even convinced Kingsbane is the best rogue deck.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Every time I see a warlock play Rin part of me hopes they actually pull it off

not enough for me to help them, mind you

I've pulled it off a few times, but the silly thing is most lock decks include the leggo weapon...which can drop the demon out of your hand and you never get the battlecry.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Rin is in my DK warlock deck right now and I've cracked the final seal a few times, but never actually played Azari. There's always just something better to do with my ten mana on any given turn.

• Options
    In most games, by the time you get to Azari, he's not devouring much.

I could see Rin being common in tournaments where so many control/control games are just pass. pass. pass. pass. pass., but on ladder she's just a meme.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Finished it finally. Priest was the hurdle against The Devourer. I got Boots of Speed on turn 4 and able to drop down Deathwing Ascendant and several other fatties. And cube was the MVP again in some of the games.

9b3ce31hg8cx.gif

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I could see Rin being common in tournaments where so many control/control games are just pass. pass. pass. pass. pass., but on ladder she's just a meme.

She's actually already been in tournament games. Azari has been played, too

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

She's actually already been in tournament games. Azari has been played, too

I know! Part of why I think she'll be common is because of how successful she was at whichever tournament just happened in Australia. Tournament games are so much slower than ladder games that she hugely increases in usefulness.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I've been trying to clear the dungeon starting with Priest. I now have 50 bosses killed with Priest but have never gotten past boss 7. Last night I had lethal next turn on the ooze guy and he drew exactly enough damage to kill me before I could kill him.

I think I'm just bad at this point.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    You left before that game ended! I won at 1 life.

That’s awesome! Sorry, sometimes I have to do work. ;)

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I've been trying to clear the dungeon starting with Priest. I now have 50 bosses killed with Priest but have never gotten past boss 7. Last night I had lethal next turn on the ooze guy and he drew exactly enough damage to kill me before I could kill him.

I think Priest is the hardest due to the RNG of some of the bosses and it's hard to zerg them down when you don't have the early game.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options

Don't feel bad SIG. I don't have a single end game boss beat yet. Not even on Druid :/

• Options
    So weird to see warlocks running Rin without Geist. Like, what do you think is going to happen here, against my jade druid. Why have you wasted 15 minutes of our time.

ladi.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Don't feel bad SIG. I don't have a single end game boss beat yet. Not even on Druid :/

I got soooo close today. Had a great warrior deck. Then didn't draw most of my tools in the final boss :(. Still got him down to 4, but then he healed and wiped my board and I lost :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    So weird to see warlocks running Rin without Geist. Like, what do you think is going to happen here, against my jade druid. Why have you wasted 15 minutes of our time.

It's Post-expansion Tech Card Amnesia. Happens every time. Eaters, Geist, Oozes inexplicably disappear until people realize "oh right! Tier 1 decks are probably still around!" and add them back.