The Vault of Time is a legend in the Dragon Empire, a mythical prison where the most dangerous artifacts, creatures, and people are locked away. The Vault is said to be removed from time and space, and that anything placed inside the Vault disappears from History and memory. Its location is a closely guarded secret, so secret that some say that not even the Icons are allowed to know. That was until a slip of paper appeared from nowhere in the Magic Academy on Horizon and the Archmage suddenly remembered something he forgot.
So this game is going to be played over Discord on Saturday nights, likely at 8pm Eastern Standard Time, although I am flexible on days and times (Also may be interrupted by American College Football if Alabama is playing during that time.) I am looking for 4-6 players to join. I have 2-3 people interested but not confirmed. Everyone's characters will be 1st level characters, and race or class from the core book or 13 True Ways allowed. Other homebrew stuff you will need to ask so I can review it before making.
I'm going to be using my Icon Token system instead of the RAW Icon relationship rolls. They work much the same in character creation but they work differently in play.
Session rolls - At the beginning of each session, players will roll all of their icon relationship dice. 5s and 6s become tokens for the players to spend as they see fit. They do not expire, but you can only hold a maximum number of tokens equal to the number of relationship dice you have. If a talent or feature grants you extra temporary icon relationship dice mid-session, you will be allowed to roll them when they're obtained.
The following is a list of the types of things you can get by spending your tokens.
If you spend a 6, you can:
• Succeed at a skill check.
• Re-roll an attack roll and take the better result.
• Let an ally re-roll an attack and take the better result.
• Force an opponent to re-roll and take the worse result. (does not apply to critical hits)
• Redistribute recoveries among the party.
• Restore two recoveries for yourself or an ally.
• (Spend 3 tokens) Gain a true magic item, you get to choose the type. (Limit one per adventuring tier).
• Influence the story, conjure a resource, etc. E.g.
If you spend a 5 token, you can do all of the above things except gain a true magic item. In addition, spending a 5 comes with a complication or cost. This is a sort of negotiation. You tell the GM what you want, they tell you what they think it'll cost, and you can suggest tweaks or changes and come to an agreement. There is one more use for 5 tokens and only 5 tokens, listed below:
• Save someone from death
○ A PC can spend a 5 token to save an ally from death(but cannot spend one for themselves)
○ A hard bargain will be offered, and the dying PC either chooses to accept it and live, or go on to die.
I'm going to keep the recruitment open until I get 6 players or everyone is ready to play.
The Discord Channel Link is https://discord.gg/eX56MB6
I just made it so its got nothing on it yet but it will have a Dicebot once I put one in.