The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

East 2018 [Hotel] Partners and Discussion

13»

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    The hold will typically just be for 1 night's amount, just fyi. I wouldn't chance the the hotel you want will still be available in the next few weeks

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    POE_SE1 wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed at the Boston Marriott Copley Place?

Yes but not for Pax. I stayed there for Anime Boston many years and its a really nice hotel. However for Pax I spend so much to go I get a cheap hotel and stay at the Midtown. I might cancel though and stay at Copley House instead (not on the hotel list, but its between midtown and marriott) and just walk to the midtown each day. You get a full kitchen which is pretty sweet and its usually a bit cheaper.

I mention Midtown because Midtown and the Marriott are on the same shuttle route. At least 2-3 times each weekend (especailly in the morning) the shuttle stops at Midtown and its completely full when we load up. We drive a few blocks down the road to Mariott and there is a massive group standing outside and the drive just goes by and radios in that they need to send a second shuttle for Mariott. Which of course they do, but thats gonna be another 20-30 minute wait. I always feel really bad for them becasue they are the second stop. Or you could take a walk down to Midtown (maybe 5 minutes?) and get on the first stop. Its not a huge issue most of the weekend, but it does happen.

I also had a drive once that stopped and let people stand in the aisles! It was crazy but I guess he didn't care about safety lol.

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    anyone staying at the revere hotel?kinda far at 1.8 miles but uber is always an option.anyone remember is the shuttle bus goes near it?

Just a heads up, last year I found Uber and Lyft to be in surge pricing almost the entire time, so I wouldn't rely on it ALL the time.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 18
    ahh ok,first time renting a room so dont know squat lol.i did reserve it but then cancelled because dont have enough int he bank for the full amount for them to put a hold on just yet.hopefully in next couple weeks ill be good to go.

I have never had a PAX affiliate hotel put a hold on, or charge my card prior to checking out. Your milage may vary though

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • DaPunisher416DaPunisher416 Registered User new member
    Just thought I'd share some tidbit on the Hilton Boston Logan Airport. Seems to be wide open and not bad priced. I've never stayed there myself so can't comment on that. But since I work at the airport I can say that if you decide to stay here, you're connected to the airport and can take the Silver Line T straight to the waterfront which leaves you a couple of blocks from the convention center. And it's free "from" the airport but you gotta pay to return. If you sounds like an option, do your homework and check it out. Might work for some.

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Just thought I'd share some tidbit on the Hilton Boston Logan Airport. Seems to be wide open and not bad priced. I've never stayed there myself so can't comment on that. But since I work at the airport I can say that if you decide to stay here, you're connected to the airport and can take the Silver Line T straight to the waterfront which leaves you a couple of blocks from the convention center. And it's free "from" the airport but you gotta pay to return. If you sounds like an option, do your homework and check it out. Might work for some.

Similar to that is the Embassy Suites at Logan Airport. I really liked staying there 2 years ago, good breakfast, cheap. I'd probably stay there again but I got the Seaport this year so finally being close will be nice.

PAX Prime '07, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17
    PAX South '15
    PAX East '16, '17
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Stayed there a few years back and I've got no complaints beyond the commute. It was great having such an easy way in but it was about 30-45 minutes if IIRC.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Currently stalking for 2, 2-bedded element rooms for Wednesday night and would appreciate any heads up if people see availability. In my panic I forgot Pax East was now 4 days and only booked Thurs-Sun, OOPS!

DXLJjjr.png
13»