Options

[PAX East] 2018

13

Posts

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    God, I want to go to the Asgard

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cello nobody WANTS to go to the Asgard

  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    On the plane, about to take off! See you all this evening :o

    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Cello nobody WANTS to go to the Asgard

    There's one more Batman cocktail I haven't drank

    My quest is unfinished

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Cello nobody WANTS to go to the Asgard

    You mean you DON’T want a half-available selection of the worst Batman-villain-named drinks made incorrectly?

  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Sad I have to wait until Sunday :(

    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I'm experiencing that weird feeling I get every year where I'm kind of sad I'm not going to be at East but also I remember that conventions are really hit or miss on whether I actually enjoy them. I do kind of miss Enforcing, but I know like one person who's still active from when I was doing it these days.

    Hrm.

    Maybe next year I should just re-activate my Enforcer status and do it and see what happens.

    3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    God, I want to go to the Asgard

    Oh shit, I have to do this at some point this year.

    ...this may be my plan for tonight after the Acquisition Inc. panel.

  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Rather than The Asgard may I suggest the vastly superior Meadhall, which is in the same part of Cambridge?

    Personally I'd go to Whiskey Priest, it's much closer to the venue and it's very solid.

  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Have fun yall!

    Going tomorrow and sunday

    Today I'm at school, which is also super fun. . . I guess

    vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Rather than The Asgard may I suggest the vastly superior Meadhall, which is in the same part of Cambridge?

    Personally I'd go to Whiskey Priest, it's much closer to the venue and it's very solid.

    I think you might be misunderstanding the reason people go to the Asgard.

  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    @DrZiplock ‘s game looks fucking awesome.

  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    @DrZiplock ‘s game looks fucking awesome.

    where is this, I wanna stop by and see

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Rather than The Asgard may I suggest the vastly superior Meadhall, which is in the same part of Cambridge?

    Personally I'd go to Whiskey Priest, it's much closer to the venue and it's very solid.

    I think you might be misunderstanding the reason people go to the Asgard.

    There is an exit sign that points at an exterior window

    The place is SE++ incarnate

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    Rather than The Asgard may I suggest the vastly superior Meadhall, which is in the same part of Cambridge?

    Personally I'd go to Whiskey Priest, it's much closer to the venue and it's very solid.

    I think you might be misunderstanding the reason people go to the Asgard.

    I must be! I went there once and we left within 20 minutes because the service was garbage and we were bored, does it have secret strippers that come out later or something.

  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I once had a really great hefeweizen as Asgard while waiting for a show at the Middle East. I thought the place was pretty fun.

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    No no, the service being garbage is a feature

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm struggling to understand why you'd go to a mediocre bar when you're in Cambridge and/or Boston, both of which are chock-a-block with excellent bars.

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey if any of you don't play dropmix but see the Harmonix booth, their giving away free promo cards add you best friend bucketman would absolutely toss someone a few bucks for them

  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    I'm struggling to understand why you'd go to a mediocre bar when you're in Cambridge and/or Boston, both of which are chock-a-block with excellent bars.

    Mediocre is definitely overselling it.

    People go to the Asgard because it is an experience. Not a good one, though.

    edit: I once ordered food there and they were out of the food. So I ordered a different food and they failed to give me any cutlery. That was actually one of their better days, service-wise.

    double edit: don't forget the paper-mache viking paraphernalia everywhere. The Asgard takes "low-rent" to a new, cheaper, probably danker level.

    Triple edit: Most of the toilets have ... problems.

    tynic on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    How am I just now hearing about this place?

    Now I am actually upset that I am not there right now.

    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    How am I just now hearing about this place?

    Now I am actually upset that I am not there right now.

    I think it was only discovered after the spirit walk PAX.

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    How am I just now hearing about this place?

    Now I am actually upset that I am not there right now.

    I think it was only discovered after the spirit walk PAX.

    Spirit walk PAX?

  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Now I am upset and confused.

    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Apparently Jason Mewes (of Jay and Silent Bob) was at Lucky Strike tonight, isn't that Jillian's?

    Did y'all see Jay?

  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I think tomorrow's gonna be my Asgard journey, Acq Inc. has exausted me with copious amounts of laughter.

    Holy shit that was a good show.

  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Apparently Jason Mewes (of Jay and Silent Bob) was at Lucky Strike tonight, isn't that Jillian's?

    Did y'all see Jay?

    My buddy did

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Now I am upset and confused.

    The PAX where we walked “a lot”. I think there was still some snow there. Also we were there.

    I put “a lot” in quotes because EVERYONE ELSE MUST NEVER WALK MORE THAN A FEW FEET EVERY DAY.

    Edit : the spirit walk one. They must’ve found the bar afterwards like some kinda jerks.

    Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Now I am upset and confused.

    The PAX where we walked “a lot”. I think there was still some snow there. Also we were there.

    I put “a lot” in quotes because EVERYONE ELSE MUST NEVER WALK MORE THAN A FEW FEET EVERY DAY.

    Edit : the spirit walk one. They must’ve found the bar afterwards like some kinda jerks.

    I think Nic and I discovered it on our own, two years back, unless a separate group of SE++ers found it in years previous and we didn't know. We brought backup to it the second time we went in a row.

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Watching a dude offering free Pop tarts and rice krispy treats to people in line as a way to walk up through the line toward the front and it's kind of genius I can't even get mad.

    He's acting like he's just walking around giving people free breakfast as he walks up toward the front of the line and nobody is batting an eye.

  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Watching a dude offering free Pop tarts and rice krispy treats to people in line as a way to walk up through the line toward the front and it's kind of genius I can't even get mad.

    He's acting like he's just walking around giving people free breakfast as he walks up toward the front of the line and nobody is batting an eye.

    Thats so fuckin good

  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Now I am upset and confused.

    The PAX where we walked “a lot”. I think there was still some snow there. Also we were there.

    I put “a lot” in quotes because EVERYONE ELSE MUST NEVER WALK MORE THAN A FEW FEET EVERY DAY.

    Edit : the spirit walk one. They must’ve found the bar afterwards like some kinda jerks.

    I think Nic and I discovered it on our own, two years back, unless a separate group of SE++ers found it in years previous and we didn't know. We brought backup to it the second time we went in a row.

    Well it's been longer than 2 years since I've been to East, and I am pretty sure I would have remembered a place like that. Well, at least now I have goals.

    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Now I am upset and confused.

    The PAX where we walked “a lot”. I think there was still some snow there. Also we were there.

    I put “a lot” in quotes because EVERYONE ELSE MUST NEVER WALK MORE THAN A FEW FEET EVERY DAY.

    Edit : the spirit walk one. They must’ve found the bar afterwards like some kinda jerks.

    I think Nic and I discovered it on our own, two years back, unless a separate group of SE++ers found it in years previous and we didn't know. We brought backup to it the second time we went in a row.

    Well it's been longer than 2 years since I've been to East, and I am pretty sure I would have remembered a place like that. Well, at least now I have goals.

    I was referring to your spirit walk Tonkka, not the death march that one year after the fancy dinner

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I dont remember the line going in being this long last year

    Then again, I think I cut through most of it by accident last year

    vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    I dont remember the line going in being this long last year

    Then again, I think I cut through most of it by accident last year

    I seem to recall the line being really bad in 2016. (Or 15? It was the year after the marathon bombing so the Convention Center Authority had drastically changed their security policy.)

    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Now I am upset and confused.

    The PAX where we walked “a lot”. I think there was still some snow there. Also we were there.

    I put “a lot” in quotes because EVERYONE ELSE MUST NEVER WALK MORE THAN A FEW FEET EVERY DAY.

    Edit : the spirit walk one. They must’ve found the bar afterwards like some kinda jerks.

    I think Nic and I discovered it on our own, two years back, unless a separate group of SE++ers found it in years previous and we didn't know. We brought backup to it the second time we went in a row.

    Well it's been longer than 2 years since I've been to East, and I am pretty sure I would have remembered a place like that. Well, at least now I have goals.

    I was referring to your spirit walk Tonkka, not the death march that one year after the fancy dinner

    Oh man, NOW I remember that. You were on a journey @Tonkka, a journey to walk all of Boston.

    @Cello yeah, we never discovered Asgard. Sounds like it would have been right up my alley.

    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, THAT I remember.

    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    Granted I only ever attended PAX on a not-Sunday the first year I attended, but damn is it a more hectic experience on the peak Fri/Sat. days.

  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I might be here with some kids. The 2 year old needs to learn 2 game better.

    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
Sign In or Register to comment.