As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Russia/US investigation thread] - Mueller seeks to question Trump

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Has she even done anything lately? Like, at all?

Oh, well this isn't a good look

Hillary Clinton questions 'legitimacy' of Trump's victory in 2016 election

One year after losing the presidential race, 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is still questioning the “legitimacy” of President Trump’s victory, accusing Republicans of voter suppression tactics in swing states and Russians of influencing votes through a “disinformation campaign.”

“I think that there are lots of questions about its legitimacy,” Clinton said of the election during a video interview posted online Friday by the liberal Mother Jones website.

Clinton lamented how “we don’t have a method for contesting” the election in the United States and called for an independent commission to “get to the bottom of what happened.”

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

She's certainly been on TV way too much. After you lose a presidential election, you just have to shut the fuck up for a while - cf. Kerry, McCain, and Romney.

It's like a year since the election and she's barely been visible. There was literally a meme about her hiding in the woods!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Republicans are mad at the moment because she said something indicating she thinks the election might not have entirely on the up and up recently. What with the Russian hacking and GOP voter suppression of it all.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

She's certainly been on TV way too much. After you lose a presidential election, you just have to shut the fuck up for a while - cf. Kerry, McCain, and Romney.

It's like a year since the election and she's barely been visible. There was literally a meme about her hiding in the woods!

On the contrary, she's had multiple televised interviews and appeared on various shows. Certainly far more than the last three losers.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

On the contrary, she's had multiple televised interviews and appeared on various shows. Certainly far more than the last three losers.

Well yeah, because she is still popular and influential and actually won the election. She can do as she damn pleases.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

Well yeah, because she is still popular and influential and actually won the election. She can do as she damn pleases.

She also wrote a bestselling book

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

One year after losing the presidential race, 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is still questioning the “legitimacy” of President Trump’s victory, accusing Republicans of voter suppression tactics in swing states and Russians of influencing votes through a “disinformation campaign.”

“I think that there are lots of questions about its legitimacy,” Clinton said of the election during a video interview posted online Friday by the liberal Mother Jones website.

Clinton lamented how “we don’t have a method for contesting” the election in the United States and called for an independent commission to “get to the bottom of what happened.”

Ugh, yeah no, she shouldn't be doing that. Don't give the Republicans something to rally around, please.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Also the country may have an unprecedented amount of buyers remorse considering it hasn't even been a full year into the term yet.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    If Hillary had won, does anyone think Trump would have even paused to take a breath by now to interrupt his crying foul?

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    If Hillary had won, does anyone think Trump would have even paused to take a breath by now to interrupt his crying foul?

He was crying foul before the election even happened.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I don’t necessarily think there’s anything wrong with the answers she gave...but the sound bite and headline versions are gonna hurt.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

"Isn't a good look"? Her statement is completely reasonable given the circumstances in which America currently finds itself.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Ugh, yeah no, she shouldn't be doing that. Don't give the Republicans something to rally around, please.

Her name is 'Clinton'. What else should she do to limit being a rally point?

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

"Isn't a good look"? Her statement is completely reasonable given the circumstances in which America currently finds itself.

Shhhhhh! Clinton rules, remember

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This thread is not for relitigating the 2016 election or for discussion of the failings of Hillary Clinton.

Don’t have anything on topic to add? Don’t post.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    I guess Donald heard some news he didn't like today:

Donald J Trump is apparently the President and / or a gigantic crying pissbaby.

How is she going to try again in 3 years if she's under investigation or on jail for the crimes you say she's absolutely guilty of?

Dude can't even stick to his bullshit.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This is off-topic, see Tube’s post before yours.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Senator from Rhode Island helps put things in perspective.
    The news has dribbled out slowly, but the totals are striking: “the Trump campaign interacted with Russians at least thirty-one times throughout the campaign” and there were “at least 19 known meetings."
    We've been seeing the details roll out over such a long period of time that it's easy to forget how much of a grove has formed from all the trees. This isn't one or two incidental things that happened, there was a lot going on.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I would probably die from laughter if it turned out that all these fools individually took it upon themselves to sidle up to Russian interests in an attempt to win the election.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    31 times is a lot for Sessions to be unable to recall

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Unless they colluded during 31 Sessions, and after each one they realised the magnitude of these crimes and killed and regrew a new clone of him before he had a chance to sleep and upload his memories to the Prime Consciousness. I mean at the time of the election he was Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, the first of which lived during the Civil War era, so this wasn't necessarily an exclusively Trump thing. No reason to believe that we're not up to LIX now.

Maybe there is another reason he's unconsciously against stem cell research and human cloning.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »

Unless they colluded during 31 Sessions, and after each one they realised the magnitude of these crimes and killed and regrew a new clone of him before he had a chance to sleep and upload his memories to the Prime Consciousness. I mean at the time of the election he was Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, the first of which lived during the Civil War era, so this wasn't necessarily an exclusively Trump thing. No reason to believe that we're not up to LIX now.

Maybe there is another reason he's unconsciously against stem cell research and human cloning.

It took courage. It took courage to climb into that machine every night, not knowing if I'd be the man in the box, or the prestige. Do you want -- want to see -- what it cost me?

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »

It took courage. It took courage to climb into that machine every night, not knowing if I'd be the man in the box, or the prestige. Do you want -- want to see -- what it cost me?

I think I ought to know that quote, but it escapes me.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

The Prestige

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

It's from The Prestige.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Forar wrote: »

It's from The Prestige.

aka a great fucking movie

if you haven't seen it, don't read the wiki article - go watch it immediately

edit: sorry, forgot I was in D&D - ignore this off-topic post please!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    George Papadopoulos won't go away

Trump’s “Coffee Boy” Keeps Sabotaging His Russia Story

Papadopoulos, according to Donald Trump, was a low-level volunteer—a “coffee boy,” according to another former campaign official. But Papadopoulos saw his role as much more significant—and evidence of his travels and communications on behalf of the campaign suggests that it was.
    Regardless, however, Papadopoulos’s boasts appear to have opened doors for him. Politico reports that Papadopoulos traveled at least twice to Greece and, as a representative of the Trump campaign, met with senior government officials, including President Prokopis Pavlopoulos while he was there. He is also reported to have met, at various points, with British Under-Secretary of State for Defence People and Veterans Tobias Ellwood, as well as Cypriot and Israeli officials, in addition to his now well-publicized contacts with Russian intermediaries.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Maybe Greek coffee is worth the trip

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Trump doesn’t even drink coffee. Which is the best thing about the coffee boy excuse.

• Options
    That's why Trump doesn't know him. He never got coffee from him.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    George Papadopoulos won't go away

Trump’s “Coffee Boy” Keeps Sabotaging His Russia Story

Papadopoulos, according to Donald Trump, was a low-level volunteer—a “coffee boy,” according to another former campaign official. But Papadopoulos saw his role as much more significant—and evidence of his travels and communications on behalf of the campaign suggests that it was.
    Regardless, however, Papadopoulos’s boasts appear to have opened doors for him. Politico reports that Papadopoulos traveled at least twice to Greece and, as a representative of the Trump campaign, met with senior government officials, including President Prokopis Pavlopoulos while he was there. He is also reported to have met, at various points, with British Under-Secretary of State for Defence People and Veterans Tobias Ellwood, as well as Cypriot and Israeli officials, in addition to his now well-publicized contacts with Russian intermediaries.

Just a low level campaign volunteer of no consequence...that was sent all over the world to meet with foreign government officials.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Let's be honest, Trump doesn't know what anyone around him does. All he's concerned with is "answer to me be loyal to me." God, the day this fucker has to testify is going to be mindblowing.

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular

I think she made some comments recently that the election may have been illegitimate, so maybe it was about that.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Henroid wrote: »
    Let's be honest, Trump doesn't know what anyone around him does. All he's concerned with is "answer to me be loyal to me." God, the day this fucker has to testify is going to be mindblowing.

If Trump himself ever actually has to answer for this shit, I was a soundboard set up in the room, and every time he tries for a variation of "I don't remember" I want them to slam a button that plays his "the best memory" quote back at him.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

If Trump himself ever actually has to answer for this shit, I was a soundboard set up in the room, and every time he tries for a variation of "I don't remember" I want them to slam a button that plays his "the best memory" quote back at him.

Technically, it's a GMOAT

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Maybe Greek coffee is worth the trip

Well, it is actually. Hm.

• Options
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Ha, yeah, he usually throws his tantrums when something serious happens that has him and his administration pinned.

As for the news itself, does this mean that the DOJ is under investigation by Mueller?

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Ha, yeah, he usually throws his tantrums when something serious happens that has him and his administration pinned.

As for the news itself, does this mean that the DOJ is under investigation by Mueller?

Maybe, but there's a few more likely meanings: people in it, like Sessions, are, or because it's a large and wide ranging request this may be to get the status of any prior investigation before Trump took office and what was done with it since. If it magically stopped progressing it would be the smoking gun that Trump and Sessions killed the investigation.

• Options
    A Russian Journalist Explains How the Kremlin Instructed Him to Cover the 2016 Election

During the 2016 election, the directions from the Kremlin were less subtle than usual. “Me and my colleagues, we were given a clear instruction: to show Donald Trump in a positive way, and his opponent, Hillary Clinton, in a negative way,” he said in his speech. In a later interview, he explained to me how the instructions were relayed. “Sometimes it was a phone call. Sometimes it was a conversation,” he told me. “If Donald Trump has a successful press conference, we broadcast it for sure. And if something goes wrong with Clinton, we underline it.”
    “There was even a slogan among Russian political élite,” he said. “ ‘Trump is our president.’ And, when he won the elections, on 9th November, 2016, Russian Parliament or State Duma even applauded him and arranged a champagne party celebrating the victory of Donald Trump.” That night, Skorobutov and his colleagues played clips of the party on the news.

This discussion has been closed.