As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Russia/US investigation thread] - Mueller seeks to question Trump

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    WL emailed Jr about an opposition PAC

Jr. responded with "I'll ask around" then never responded again.

WL continued to fish with no replies.

What's the story here?
    That Wikileaks cannot claim political neutrality or lack of agenda, for starters.

yeah this is the only takeaway for me, personally

there was a case to be made that Assange is just a contrary asshole, but I don't think anyone can make that argument anymore

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Wikileaks didn’t write again until Election Day, November 8, 2016. “Hi Don if your father ‘loses’ we think it is much more interesting if he DOES NOT conceed [sic] and spends time CHALLENGING the media and other types of rigging that occurred—as he has implied that he might do,”

This is one of those rare quotes that I come across which makes me stare blankly for a second before quietly whispering "Fucking hell" to myself.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

What's the story here?
    That Wikileaks cannot claim political neutrality or lack of agenda, for starters.

yeah this is the only takeaway for me, personally

there was a case to be made that Assange is just a contrary asshole, but I don't think anyone can make that argument anymore
    I mean, this isn't some bombastic news that's going to smash this investigation further on or anything. It's a tangential detail (well, unless WL being a Russian outfit is proven true) that just helps to cast a shadow on how the Trump team operates and who it operates with.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Not that it wasn’t already obvious, but hopefully that puts a dent in their “we let you see behind the curtain” reputation. It’s kind of undercut by the curtain they themselves have erected.

Wikileaks can just get fucked. We don’t need pro-Russia “whistleblowers”, thanks.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I'm mostly just embarrassed that espionage is conducted on twitter DMs.

What happened to like, dead drops in alleys and coffee shops?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    I'm mostly just embarrassed that espionage is conducted on twitter DMs.

What happened to like, dead drops in alleys and coffee shops?

Yeah, the internet is just ruining person-to-person communication.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

What's the story here?

Sure they can, to the extent that they ever could.

Reading the article, it looks like he also asked them a question they didn't answer, and tweeted a link they asked him to tweet.

I would have leaked this myself to demonstrate how little cooperation there was; then been all indignant about the fact it leaked.
    You don't need to respond to make use of someone communicating to you. As in the post above, there's examples in the article where WL would communicate to the Trump administration / campaign, and while they didn't get anything back, said Trump admin/campaign would act on that communication.

When/if we get a hold of wikileaks's emails we're going to find the second email that Don Jr was responding back with.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Whomever wearily wondered whence a Watergate with witless weasels would wend and weave won't wonder henceforth.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Can Stupid Watergate get any stupider?

Yes. Yes it can.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Watergate was nothing

nothing

compared to this

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    There are some important things here.

Wikileaks is laughably easy to prove is a foreign entity, or at the very least not American.

Wikileaks, a foreign entity, is now outright conclusively proven to have been providing things of value to a presidential campaign, which as you might recall, is grossly illegal.

The people are the top of the campaign were all fully aware of it.

Twitter still has whatever else Wikileaks has sent out to whoever else using this comically insecure messaging system.

Mueller and pals would be insane if they had not already slammed Twitter with a subpoena for everything else Wikileaks sent and what people they contacted during the election. That's going to get super ugly for Assange and his Russian pals super fast.

E:
    Old article from Obama lawyer laying out how coordination is a smoking gun for collusion. In brief, "coordination is a legally prohibited form of collusion: spending by Russia, if coordinated with the campaign, is a contribution to the campaign."
    https://www.justsecurity.org/42956/open-door-moscow-facts-potential-criminal-case-trump-campaign-coordination-russia/

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Solve Ukraine?

You mean the country that Russia invaded?

A country being forcibly dissolved and absorbed against their will into a larger attacking country is technically a solution.

If ever there were a need for a "Hail Hydra" button...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Solve Ukraine?

You mean the country that Russia invaded?

A country being forcibly dissolved and absorbed against their will into a larger attacking country is technically a solution.

If ever there were a need for a "Hail Hydra" button...

:hydra:

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Wikileaks' response is that the DMs were definitely edited.

And if you want proof that they're edited, tough shit because we, a group ostensibly dedicated to radical transparency, don't owe you any transparency, fuckfaces.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    It's amazing that Julian Assange, who selectively releases things with little context, is now complaining the same thing was done to him.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    With all this Wiki Collab info coming out. In my head I can just picture the political cartoon of a flower girl with Trumps head on her throwing flower petals from a basket labeled Evidence.

How can they be this bad at not leaving a MASSIVE TRAIL OF BREADCRUMBS every time we look at new evidence. There is probably a Trump Tweet in the timeline that just so happens to coincide with the timeline of every Collab story out there. If Don Jr hasn't fled the country yet, he should probably start. Mueller is straightening his tie and filling a briefcase of indictments any day now.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

What's the story here?

Don followed up and informed key members of the campaign that Wikileaks had made contact. Within that is the admission that Jr had actually followed up like he said.

What's said in there is that Jr didn't contact Wikileaks through that channel, what's not said is whether the other key members of the campaign did similar.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    With all this Wiki Collab info coming out. In my head I can just picture the political cartoon of a flower girl with Trumps head on her throwing flower petals from a basket labeled Evidence.

How can they be this bad at not leaving a MASSIVE TRAIL OF BREADCRUMBS every time we look at new evidence. There is probably a Trump Tweet in the timeline that just so happens to coincide with the timeline of every Collab story out there. If Don Jr hasn't fled the country yet, he should probably start. Mueller is straightening his tie and filling a briefcase of indictments any day now.

He's still the president. Before he goes in any way, he will do whatever he can to stay in power, because he doesn't give a shit about convention, and not even about law

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Wikileaks didn’t write again until Election Day, November 8, 2016. “Hi Don if your father ‘loses’ we think it is much more interesting if he DOES NOT conceed [sic] and spends time CHALLENGING the media and other types of rigging that occurred—as he has implied that he might do,”

This is one of those rare quotes that I come across which makes me stare blankly for a second before quietly whispering "Fucking hell" to myself.

They basically asked him to start a civil war if he lost

I can't think of any other way that would play out. We've seen how Trump supports act. That way violence lies.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

I think Wikileaks doesn't care if they were caught on this or not. Every angle on this benefits their purpose as propaganda and counter intelligence for a foreign power. The question is not if they are foreign agents, the questions are "How long have they been foreign agents", "How many whistleblowers did they pass on because it hurt the foreign power they worked for", and "How many whistleblowers within that foreign power did Wikileaks give up to them?"
    I'm willing to bet Wikileaks has wound up killing more than a few would-be Russian whistleblowers in their time.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I think Wikileaks doesn't care if they were caught on this or not. Every angle on this benefits their purpose as propaganda and counter intelligence for a foreign power. The question is not if they are foreign agents, the questions are "How long have they been foreign agents", "How many whistleblowers did they pass on because it hurt the foreign power they worked for", and "How many whistleblowers within that foreign power did Wikileaks give up to them?"
    I'm willing to bet Wikileaks has wound up killing more than a few would-be Russian whistleblowers in their time.

There have been several cases of Wikileaks rejecting or editing out Russian intel given to them

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

These are people who, beyond paying out settlements, haven't had to answer for any crimes they've ever committed, as well as being complete neophytes when it comes to politics.

They literally don't know how to hide their garbage and even if they did, they probably wouldn't care.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

This is basically my nightmare scenrio:

Trump loses 2020, but refuses to relinquish power and cites rigging/illegal votes/whatever.

You think things are bad now? Current reality ain’t got shit on that potential future.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    (redacted, not on topic)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    He's doing this again

Here is the entire chain of messages with @wikileaks (with my whopping 3 responses) which one of the congressional committees has chosen to selectively leak. How ironic! 1/3 https://t.co/SiwTqWtykA

• Options
    He just... he just tweeted it out

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    He's doing this again

Here is the entire chain of messages with @wikileaks (with my whopping 3 responses) which one of the congressional committees has chosen to selectively leak. How ironic! 1/3 https://t.co/SiwTqWtykA

"Yeah we did it. Fuck you, it was awesome!"

Record speed here. Sure don't look edited like our Ecuadorian guest asserted earlier...

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    You can see the exact moment in that exchange where the Trumps checked out.
    Leak us one or more of your father's tax returns.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Trump Jr's lawyers are screaming right now, I can hear them from across the country.

• Options
    What is he even alleging there? Selectively leak? What context has he added that wasn't already plainly there?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    He did it again!? Junior, you're not going to win a prize for proving you're the dumbest person in this whole affair!

EDIT: I'm not complaining about him being stupid, but I just. Cannot wrap my head around it.

Gennenalyse Rueben on
  • Options
    He did it again!? Junior, you're not going to win a prize for proving you're the dumbest person in this whole affair!

Don't worry

Someone, somewhere in the Trump administration read this and said "hold my beer"

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Will there be consequences for this, though?
    Really?
    or is this... just how it's going to be, from now on?
    Because "both sides" and/or "fuck you".

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, Franken is demanding Sessions come back to the Senate again to perjure himself some more.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I keep trying to post my thoughts on this but all I have is "Ahahahahahahaha!"

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    1 of Don Jr's replies was him asking for info about an upcoming leak.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'd sure love to know what goes through Jr's head.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Hip to be Square?

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

I have inside information in the spoiler here in regards to your inquiry:
    . .

. .

.. . .

This discussion has been closed.