As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Russia/US investigation thread] - Mueller seeks to question Trump

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So, Wikileaks claims that their exchange with Don Jr. was edited, and then Don Jr. says "here's the whole unedited thing" a few hours later, huh?

I wish I could have seen Assange's face when he found out.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So, Wikileaks claims that their exchange with Don Jr. was edited, and then Don Jr. says "here's the whole unedited thing" a few hours later, huh?

I wish I could have seen Assange's face when he found out.

Wait... did Don Jr just act on the idea that they were edited without checking first to see if they actually were?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    So in more Russia-US investigation news,

Sessions is considering appointing a second special council to investigate Clinton and the Uranium One deal with Russia, urged on by GOP concerns.

After watching John Oliver's latest piece on Trump... Whataboutism, indeed.

I'd like to know what there is to investigate; this appears to be entirely a case of two foreign companies making a buisness agreement that required hillary's approval only because of the scale of the mining rights being sold.

That’s never stopped all the Benghazi bull shit. The only reason would be to muddy to actual Russia investigation.

Congressional investigations into anything related to Hillary are basically this.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Sessions is considering appointing a second special council to investigate Clinton and the Uranium One deal with Russia, urged on by GOP concerns.

I'd like to know what there is to investigate; this appears to be entirely a case of two foreign companies making a buisness agreement that required hillary's approval only because of the scale of the mining rights being sold.

That’s never stopped all the Benghazi bull shit. The only reason would be to muddy to actual Russia investigation.

Congressional investigations into anything related to Hillary are basically this.

wasnt one of the contributing factors to the benghazi attacks republican cuts to cia operating bases?

Its like after all the investigating nobody on the right wanted to look too closely at what the actual results were for some reason

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

wasnt one of the contributing factors to the benghazi attacks republican cuts to cia operating bases?

Its like after all the investigating nobody on the right wanted to look too closely at what the actual results were for some reason

Yep.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Donald Trump is the current primary resident of the white house

Jragghen on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    "I shat myself"

• Options
    Totally not prompted by more evidence of collusion coming out tonight.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Whats the split between him rage quitting, throwing a bitchstorm and firing Mueller?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Whats the split between him rage quitting, throwing a bitchstorm and firing Mueller?

My money is on Special Prosecutor for the Hillary stuff.

Also, christ, what a dick. Announcements of announcements sucked when movies and games started doing them; adding politics doesn't make them any better.

EDIT: Actually, my money is this is much ado about nothing, like when he mentioned it was the "Calm Before the Storm."

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2017

"Come at me, bro @Mueller", I assume.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    If it's to announce an investigation into Hillary, that's an impeachable abuse of power right there.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Not to rule out other possibilities

But this is Trump

It's very likely nothing at all

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »
    If it's to announce an investigation into Hillary, that's an impeachable abuse of power right there.

Well throw it on the pile of all the other impeachable offenses that the Republican Congress is uninterested in acting upon, I suppose. My theory is that he's going to announce something completely unrelated, like how he personally intervened to help the basketball players arrested for shoplifting in China.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

It's one of the few norms and one of the few steps towards turning us into a banana republic that he hasn't taken so of course it's got a punchers chance of happening.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

But this is Trump

Remember back in like February or March he said he had a big announcement, maybe, and the day came and if I remember right... he made no announcement.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

It's one of the few norms and one of the few steps towards turning us into a banana republic that he hasn't taken so of course it's got a punchers chance of happening.

Although not for lack of trying. My other theory is that he's gonna fire Sessions which would go in the obstruction of justice pile instead so...

Of course this is the guy who teases possible wars because he likes fucking with people so who even knows.

• Options
    Speaking of Sessions, what Trump's relationship with him these days?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    It feels like we’re heading toward a point where either Hillary or Trump is in prison and neither one ends particularly well for the country.

He’s either firing Sessions, or Sessions is going to arrest Hillary.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hopefully someone explains to him that Hillary is useful as a political enemy for Republicans, but actually jailing her puts us down an extremely dark road.

But he's a complete imbecil, so shrug.ASCII

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    My money is on nothing.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    It could be nothing but I won't lie that I'm not concerned it's firing Mueller

I really hope he doesn't of course

It would really ruin my weekend to have to lose my voice protesting

Of course it might also be some other truly awful thing, but really, probably related to Russia, right

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    My assumption is that it's going to be an advert for another one of his fucking hotels.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    My assumption is that it's going to be an advert for another one of his fucking hotels.

He finally gets one in Russia.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The absolute stupidest thing he could do is suddenly suggest Assange as Australia's ambassador to the US, since he's a real smart tough guy and the most famous Australian they have!
    I may put some money on it...

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    The absolute stupidest thing he could do is suddenly suggest Assange as Australia's ambassador to the US, since he's a real smart tough guy and the most famous Australian they have!
    I may put some money on it...

... also, he's at the top of the alphabetized list, so that's convenient.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

But this is Trump

I saw on the news this morning that Trump is apparently getting involved the the thing in China where some college basketball players were arrested for shoplifting and are being prevented from leaving.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'd bet money it's a special investigation into the uranium thing which should go nowhere

But sessions, ryan, mcconnell, trump, and pence are our ranking officials so ....

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    "We've discovered that we sold uranium to these countries. Which is appalling, because Putin said he'd buy it from us at a much better price."

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    I think it’s nothing...Trump always makes empty threats.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    News sources think it is trade related. I think Trump doesn't even know.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Tomanta wrote: »

So he's going to promote it as some big huge amazing thing that's going to be So Great For America Believe Me, but it'll turn out like that big China deal he "structured" a few months back that he made an equally big fuss about but was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better for China than the US (China was allowed to open banks in the US, and we agreed in exchange to.....export more beef to them)

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

The Michael Scott approach

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I find myself hoping that my hypothesis that Trump is senile and genuinely forgets to do these stupid announcements (and no one else reminds him because not a single person in the executive branch gives a genuine damn for the fat stupid elderly toddler and are only using him for their own gains, including his children because no one of his bloodline is capable of feeling actual love) is true and that's been the only thing that's kept us from nuclear war so far.

I've been dreading the day when the witch hunt against Clinton started. I thought it would've already happened, and probably the only thing that delayed it was Trump's laziness and stupidity/early dementia.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Hey, if they want to haul her before another Benghazi-like panel and humiliate themselves for 10+ hours again like last time...

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Jeff Sessions testifies today...

is it a closed session or an open one?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    It’s never an open Sessions.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    It’s never an open Sessions.

You know i left that pun out there for a reason. >:|

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    It’s never an honest Sessions.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Since he’s trying to stall and obfuscate things, could we refer to these hearings as jam Sessions?

...sorry.

This discussion has been closed.