• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Ireland vs Denmark was a bad game of football

I’m glad we didn’t lose, but going into Tuesday at 0-0 has my nerves shot
    *looks at score*

Ties are bullshit

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    ties are great. sepp is bullshit.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    black butte porter and destiny 2 tonight bhwckphadsh2.png

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Ties are like kissing your cousin

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Ties are like kissing your cousin

There's nothing hot about a tie tho

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Ireland vs Denmark was a bad game of football

I’m glad we didn’t lose, but going into Tuesday at 0-0 has my nerves shot

It was woeful, but I'm not sure Martin O'Neil's cunning plan of not even trying for an away goal will pay dividends.

Still Tuesday afternoon will be a "I'm physically here, but t'fuck if I'm working" day.

Now Playing:
    Dragon Ball FighterZ [PC] - Sure is a lot of not killing Goku going on right now.
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Artaud puts it well: all writing is so much pig shit--that is to say, any literature that takes itself as an end or sets ends for itself, instead of being a process that "ploughs the crap of being and its language," transports the weak, the aphasiacs, the illiterate.

Artaud was great

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I, for one, stay in bed all day because I cannot solve the mind-body problem

Whereas I stay in bed all day because I have solved the mind-body problem.

The solution is that my mind and body enjoy being in bed a great deal.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I got the bluray for Foreign Correspondent, never seen that before.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Usefulness is the metric by which cynics and capitalist pigs measure the world.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Wait, isn't that a good thing?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    gross

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Not as an absolute measure, no. Most creative endeavors are “not useful” in the way that I mean this.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i have no particular problem with philosophy. it does make for a lot of conversational gaps with all my friends who probably would have been killed in cambodia for being overeducated.

• Options
    i guess my only real issue with philosophy is that it's philosophy instead of a calzone

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    https://youtu.be/HNa_UWX51_s

Throat is scratchy. Hoping it is just saying I need more tea not that I am getting sick.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Throught is scratchy. Hoping it is just saying I need more tea not that I am getting sick.

sorry you're feeling unwell but I just died laughing at "throught", it honestly took me a few seconds to understand what a 'thrufft' was

I don't mean to be mean I just don't think I've ever seen that before

in other news I am very tired

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options

Not as an absolute measure, no. Most creative endeavors are “not useful” in the way that I mean this.

But ... Hollywood ...

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Throught is scratchy. Hoping it is just saying I need more tea not that I am getting sick.

sorry you're feeling unwell but I just died laughing at "throught", it honestly took me a few seconds to understand what a 'thrufft' was

I don't mean to be mean I just don't think I've ever seen that before

in other news I am very tired

One day I will stop transcribing whatever I am hearing as I type.

Also the lady in the video looks a lot like a friend of mine, though she can sing unlike my friend.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

But ... Hollywood ...

But everything not Hollywood, which is most creative output, that doesn’t have commercial value. . .

• Options
    hello bleric how do you do

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i just went to charlottesville to watch this is spinal tap on the big screen for 11/11

good times but i just got home and now i am hungry and everything is closed because i live in the middle of nowhere and i don’t go grocery shopping until tomorrow so i am dead

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i just went to charlottesville to watch this is spinal tap on the big screen for 11/11

good times but i just got home and now i am hungry and everything is closed because i live in the middle of nowhere and i don’t go grocery shopping until tomorrow so i am dead
    I hope you learned a valuable lesson about going places and doing things.

• Options

one time i was hanging out in casual eddy's apartment and opened the grubhub app and there were over a thousand results

i real mad

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    philosophy is useful. philosophers invented science and science invented the computer. qed

science also invented the nuclear bomb.

Philosophers: responsible for the likely destruction of the world.

Would a nuclear bomb destroy the world without a man to fire it

:Infinitythenk:

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hot take: Philosophy is not very useful.

Hotter take: Hot Takes are a form of Philosophy

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    Hot take: Philosophy is not very useful.

Hotter take: Hot Takes are a form of Philosophy

All things are philosophy.

No things are philosophy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Sex Criminals is pretty good.

disagree!

I'm just 4 chapters in, so maybe it's bad later on. The start is quirky and cute, I find.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Deleuze and Atari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf-Lt5SNHYk

An exploration of how a few companies fucked up their console launches. Some of them recovered(Nintendo), some of them didn't.

I didn't know how much of a role Warner and Trammel had in fucking up the 7800's launch but I can't say I'm actually surprised. Atari's console history seems to have been number of unfortunate near-misses that could have otherwise potentially kept them in the market.

#1 is just hilarious hubris.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    A friend has sent be an article titled "Two Steps To Kill Workout Fatigue". It is long and contains many numbers and science.

I assume it boils down to:
    1) Workout less
    2) Eat donuts often

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is pretty quirky fun 2 areas in. I don't like how the controls are set though. Having to aim with the right stick AND jump is difficult.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    About

This Voice activated energy war clothing concepts is sound control to use LED strip and multi sensor program integration to production, which can be used for outdoor and indoor use, you can wear at night, through the voice to know the surrounding things, in addition work with at sea and mountain Used to explore rescue and save .
    Risks and challenges

This Voice activated energy war clothing will Risks and challenges should be made sure smooth all LED strip cable connection. The sound system sensor integrated need functional with 50Meter-100Meter distance, then depend of sound must be need 50-95dB for senses with LED strip clothing, so all tests and safety should only be fine checked every details, each clothing are done by hand with worker, it is a very big challenge.

I'm not even sure what this Kickstarter is going for. They call it war clothing but the prototype looks like someone went nuts with ruffles that light up....

• Options

But ... Hollywood ...

But everything not Hollywood, which is most creative output, that doesn’t have commercial value. . .

Ah, like posts in a [chat] thread. Yes, I would classify those as "Not useful". :razz:

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

I hope you learned a valuable lesson about going places and doing things.

never again

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

one time i was hanging out in casual eddy's apartment and opened the grubhub app and there were over a thousand results

i real mad
    Organichu wrote: »

i real mad

when i lived in the city there was always at least one or two places delivering after 10:00pm

my choice of housing location was a huge mistake

• Options
    why did that quote twice? stupid phone

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @simonwolf

This is a thing of beauty.

Fmr1sz6.png

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @simonwolf

Fmr1sz6.png

Is this loss?

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    simonwolf

Fmr1sz6.png

Is this loss?

Yes, yes it is.

• Options
    oh ffs it is loss

This discussion has been closed.