Options

deleuze and [chat]tari

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    The Net is the best Sandra Bullock movie

Organichu "Blameless Cleric" I too am drawring tonight, because it’s been ages and I need to do something while I’m jobless besides play video games and masturbate

I drew a thing earlier, but I’m not good enough to say that I “draw”, more just that I put lines on paper and sometimes they vaguely resemble faces.

I also wrote tonight as well, I’m really trying hard to be more creative lately, that’s a side of myself that has been ignored for the last few years, and with my brain feeling less foggy these days, I figured it’s time to put it to work again.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'm going to sleep

https://youtu.be/uJLK85uU5mA

• Options
    Ok, time to get ready for work :(

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Ok, time to get ready for work :(

Abolish and so forth

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    hello bleric how do you do

I drew art for 6 hours today as my job and then I did another commission and sketched for a third commission and then I COULDN'T STOP so I did some art homework and now my hand and eyes hurt how are you, sir?

OH also I watched a video about how to get hired in the animation industry and all it was was 7 minutes of The Void

dang. the future is scary.

hmm i am mostly bad. i did kickstart a product which i now have and it does solve the problem it was trying to solve but it introduces a big dumb flaw so poop.

on monday i have work before class so i have to be up at 4am and get home from class at 11pm ;_;

several of my favorite coworkers went to dinner and didn't invite me which flared some social anxiety

also i'm registering for classes and facing existential horror

but i've been drawing some which is noice

if it helps ur existential class sign up horror I actually forgot to sign up for classes for next semester and didn't realize that until I was sitting in a meeting with the professor whose class I want to be in and I was like "oh yeah, class sign ups, I'm going to take yours - I got a good time, 3pm, that's on Friday right?" and he looked at me

with the greatest pity

I have ever seen

before saying

"No, that was .. monday .."

(I am now 11th on the waitlist)

(don't worry though I'm a senior I'll get in)

oh also re: anxiety, I got a clonazepam prescription!!

further also: show me ur art

it is not at a point yeah where i wanna show it to anyone. i know people can be real self effacing about art but it's genuinely like, stick figures bad. i have never drawn before

BUT I AM TRYING

GOOD

U JUST

KEEP DOING THAT FOR A LONG TIME

THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

I drew art for 6 hours today as my job and then I did another commission and sketched for a third commission and then I COULDN'T STOP so I did some art homework and now my hand and eyes hurt how are you, sir?

OH also I watched a video about how to get hired in the animation industry and all it was was 7 minutes of The Void

hmm i am mostly bad. i did kickstart a product which i now have and it does solve the problem it was trying to solve but it introduces a big dumb flaw so poop.

on monday i have work before class so i have to be up at 4am and get home from class at 11pm ;_;

several of my favorite coworkers went to dinner and didn't invite me which flared some social anxiety

if it helps ur existential class sign up horror I actually forgot to sign up for classes for next semester and didn't realize that until I was sitting in a meeting with the professor whose class I want to be in and I was like "oh yeah, class sign ups, I'm going to take yours - I got a good time, 3pm, that's on Friday right?" and he looked at me

with the greatest pity

I have ever seen

before saying

it is not at a point yeah where i wanna show it to anyone. i know people can be real self effacing about art but it's genuinely like, stick figures bad. i have never drawn before

BUT I AM TRYING

GOOD

U JUST

THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE
    ok but loan me some talent

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/6OZ8ZILdWTs

this fuckin theme

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

with the greatest pity

I have ever seen

before saying

BUT I AM TRYING

GOOD

U JUST

THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE
    ok but loan me some talent

sorry that only works for the first few thousand hours so I've run mine out a long time ago

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2017
    Geth, the word Trump is forbidden in the thread.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. "trump" is forbidden in this thread.

• Options
    Geth, set phasers to cook.

• Options
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Setting force level to 'medium'.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    main_1200.jpg?1510341112

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    While you're ordering around the murderbot I consider the title of the Destiny thread an act of aggression

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    main_1200.jpg?1510351171

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    [/quote]
    Elki wrote: »
    main_1200.jpg?1510341112

fuck.....

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Geth, the word Tump is forbidden in the thread.

Wow I see the mods have gone OUT OF CONTROL while I was away! UNBELIEVABLE I AM ON THE LINE WITH BREITBART RIGHT NOW TO REPORT THIS

Neco on
  • Options
    Ps <3

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I’m feeling nostalgic anyone have the infamous photos of the Desu Brigade created by Ketcgam_Ash?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    main_1200.jpg?1510341112

fuck.....[/quote]

After effects of a Saudi airstrike.

• Options
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I just fought this sidequest boss in ME:A and it took, no joke, like 20-30 minutes on the kill attempt (maybe 10 wipes before that)

I suspect i may have been a bit underlevelled

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

YES

fun fact the toys for this are exceedingly rare and SUPER valuable

Whaaat? Bullshit, I am pretty sure I still have the big combiner.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    main_1200.jpg?1510341112

Scenes from the Fyre festival

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »

YES

fun fact the toys for this are exceedingly rare and SUPER valuable

Whaaat? Bullshit, I am pretty sure I still have the big combiner.

Im not talking $Texas but as far as toys go they are worth something

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I liked the boss fight on the ice planet. Lots of juggling of equipment, enemies, and placement, requiring constant movement and awareness.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I just fought this sidequest boss in ME:A and it took, no joke, like 20-30 minutes on the kill attempt (maybe 10 wipes before that)

I suspect i may have been a bit underlevelled

Was it
    An Architect? I did the same. They are a straight pain in the ass but pretty epic

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I like to imagine, for a moment, that the ballistic dog has something to do with the burning stadium.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I still wish they dropped the Kett and made the Remnant the inscrutable antagonists of Andromeda

I've said it before but the Kett were so boring, just...the worst.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Ok @Organichu here is how New York went.
    I planned the trip to visit my lover and to figure out whether I would like living in New York.

I arrived in Brooklyn early on Saturday and had an (excellent) everything bagel with a jalapeno-tofu spread, and then we went out for delicious cocktails and an Off-Off-Broadway production of the Legally Blonde musical.

On Sunday we wandered the Brooklyn Museum and Prospect Park. Then we went to Ikea and, prior to shopping, got a little drunk in a slightly shady cash-only bar.

On Monday, I stopped by her office with flowers, wandered around the southern tip of Manhattan, and then caught a ferry with @Deebaser to drink delicious cocktails with him and @Hakkekage in Queens; it turns out that Deebs and Hakkes are cool! Who knew??

Lover worked from home on Tuesday, so we hung out while she worked, and then we went into Manhattan in the evening. I considered buying a pair of tight black pants at Uniqlo, but lacked the courage to do it. Then we ate ramen, drank at her favorite sake bar, and bought books at the Strand.

0635piV.jpg

nGt1UTM.jpg

On Wednesday, I wandered through the Met until my brain was 98% art by volume, and I still had only seen maybe about 15 or 20% of the exhibits? These were my 2 favorite paintings, although I also ended up liking Degas' work a lot.

Then Lover and I practiced yoga in her favorite studio and ate dinner at Mamoun's Falafel.

wmsgss8.jpg

There were lots of good doggos all over the place, all the time, like this little pupper who crossed a crowded intersection even though he was scared.

On Thursday, I had a pleasant lunch chat with skoofum; he gave me solid career advice, good coffee, and a great slice of lemon-poppy seed pound cake. Then I wandered approximately halfway up Central Park, which was beautiful, and took a break to read and sketch near the lake.

NIkaIsQ.jpg

I saw a man trying to train a young cat with a leash and harness. The cat attempted, endlessly, to crawl and skulk away, as if hiding and sneaking might defeat the leash; it was pretty amazing.

Then @Casual Eddy had me and Hakkes over for drinks! C. Eddy was a great host, and together we inflicted plenty of patriarchy on Hakkes.

uWpU391.jpg

On Friday, Hakkes showed me around Manhattan. She said I should get pictures of myself smiling next to famous buildings, because I was on vacation? It was pretty fucked up.

Lover and I reserved a cute little hotel room in Midtown for that night, and so of course later we [REDACTED] our [REDACTED] all over the [REDACTED].

SKQh8NI.jpg

This is from the return flight; I call it, "Portrait of the artist as a shitposter"

And now I'm moving to New York!

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ok i have thoughts

1) did you get a meal on the plane? if so, what was it. if it was snack service only, did you get water or juice or a soft drink? you're under oath
    2) who is this lover in the anthology of your lovers, using short and punchy adjectives
    3) isn't cas eddy's apartment fkn sick
    4) that painting with the sun breaking through looks awesome
    5) can skoofum nepotism you
    6) you look like one of those handsome california men who will be linked to the disappearance of their wife

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    lol jeez

The first 13 episodes of Utena are occasionally dark - mostly all the abuse that Anthy gets - but mostly just hilariously gay.

Then you hit episode 14 and shit gets twice as weird and waay darker.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Jesus fucking christ, last night was horrendous. I woke up at 4 AM with an aching back after three hours of sleep with nothing but nightmares. I was trapped in the house I grew up in, and it had three ghosts that tried to kill me if I didnt follow a specific pattern to avoid them. That is some Freudian shit up ins.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    ok i have thoughts

1) did you get a meal on the plane? if so, what was it. if it was snack service only, did you get water or juice or a soft drink? you're under oath
    2) who is this lover in the anthology of your lovers, using short and punchy adjectives
    3) isn't cas eddy's apartment fkn sick
    4) that painting with the sun breaking through looks awesome
    5) can skoofum nepotism you
    6) you look like one of those handsome california men who will be linked to the disappearance of their wife

1) kale salad
    2) the bold artist
    3) yes
    4) yeah it looks amazing in person
    5) probably no openings at his firm right now
    6) this interview is over

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    yay redx just got, like 7 hours of snugglles

actually feeling like a human is good

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I've also started rereading the Aubrey-Maturin series and god some of O'Brian's passages are just so so good

This is the storm scene that ended up getting adapted in the movie, as they're crossing the Cape of Good Hope
    [...] above the thunder as it passed his waiting ear caught a sharp gun-like crack, a crash forward, and the foremast went by the board. The foretopsail, ripped from its yard, vanished far ahead, a flickering whiteness in the gloom.
    'All hands, all hands,' he roared. Already the ship was steering wild, yawing off her course. He glanced back. They were running down into the trough: unless they could get her before the wind - could get some headsail on her - the next wave would poop her. She would broach to and take the next sea on her beam.
    'All hands - ' his voice tearing blood from his throat - 'Pullings, men into the foreshrouds. It's gone above the cap. Forestays'l, forestays'l! Come along with me. Axes! Axes!'
    In the momentary lull of the deepest trough he raced along the gangway, followed by twenty men: a cross-sea broke over the side waist-deep: they ploughed through and they were on the forecastle before the ship, slewed half across the wind, began to rise - before the next wave was more than half-way to them. Men were swarming up the weather ratlines, forcing themselves up against the strength of the gale; their backs made sail enough to bring her head a little round before the sea struck them with an all-engulfing crash and spout of foam - far enough round for the wave to take abaft the beam, and still she swam. The axes cleared the wreckage. Bonden was out on the bowsprit, hacking at the foretopmast-stay that still held fast to the floating mast, slewing the ship around; holding his breath Jack swarmed out after him, his head under the foam, feeling for the gaskets of the forestaysail, snugged down tight under the stay. He had it - his hands, many hands were tearing at the lashings, so tight they would not, would not come.
    'Hold on!' roared in his ear, and there was a strong hand pressing on his neck: then an unimaginable force of water, a weight and a strength past anything - the third wave that broached the frigate squarely to.
    The pressure slackened. His head was above water, and now there were more men in the shrouds. Again the thrust of the gale on them brought her head round, helped by a savage cross-sea; but they could not hold there for ever - a few more minutes of this and the shrouds would be swept clear. Down again as she plunged, and running his hand along the sail he found the trouble - the down-hauler had fouled the clew: stray lines from the wreckage in the hanks. "Knife!" he roared as his head cmae clear. It was in his reaching hand: a lightning slash, and all sprang free.
    'Hold on! Hold on!' and again the thunder of a failling sea, a mountainous wave: the intolerable pressure on his chest: the total certainty that he must not let go of the sail clutched under him: his legs curled round the bowspirt to hold on: hold on. . . strength going. But here was breath again in his bursting lungs and he reared up out of the water bawling, 'Man the halliards. D'ye hear me aft? Man the halliards there!'
    In slow jerks the sail rose up the stay, filled: they sheeted home. But now she was broadside on, wallowing. Oh would it be in time? Slowly, heavily she turned as the forestaysail took the strain, the great wave racing up - turned, turned just enough and took it on her quarter: rose to the height, and the full blast in the head-sail set her right before the wind. Faster and faster she moved, steering nimbly now, for though the last blow had flung the men from the wheel the relieving-tackles held; and the next wave passed harmlessly under her stern.
    He swarmed in, clinging ot the knightheads for a moment as she plunged again, and then he was on the forecastle: it was clear of wreckage: the sail set well. He called the men down from the shrouds and moved along the gangway. 'Any hands lost, Hervey?' was asked, with his arms round the stanchion.
    'No, sir. Some hurt, but they have all come aft. Are you all right, sir?"
    Jack nodded. 'She steers better,' he said. 'Dismiss the watch below. Grog for all hands: serve it out in the half-deck. Pass the word for the bosun.'
    All night. The officers stayed on deck that endless night or spent a few brief spells in the gunroom, sitting between dreaming and waking, listening gravely, concentrated upon that one triangle of rigid canvas forward. After an hour Jack found the trembling that had affected his entire body die away, and with it even the consciousness of his body. The wheel was relieved. Relieved again: again. Continually his croaking voice called out orders, and twice he sent picked parties forward, strengthening, frapping, making all as fast as ever they could in a night that cut to the bone. A little before dawn the wind veered a point, two points, blowing with sudden flaws, vacuums that hurt his ears; it reached a screaming note more savage than anything he had heard and his heart hurt him for the staysail, for the ship - an edge of sentiment and self-pity, with Sophia's name hovering on the edge of utterance aloud. Then, slowly, slowly, the shriek dropped half a tone, another, and another: a low buffeting roar at last, when the faint straggling light showed a sea white from rim to rim, with the steady procession of great rollers in their due solemn ordered ranks once again - vast indeed, but no longer maniac. No cross-sea; very little roll; and the Surprise scudding over the desolation, passing every sea under her counter, her waist with no more than a foot of water swirling about it. An albatross broad on the starboard beam. He cast off his lashings and moved stiffly forward. 'We will ship the pumps, Mr Hervey, if you please. And I believe we may get a scrap of maintopsail on her.'

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    NIGHT Y'ALL

BOOK FINISHED IN A DAY

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.