As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Will it include the Samusmobile?

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    My partner got me one of these for Christmas. Gave it to me early so that I could enjoy it during some of the holiday downtime at work.

She's the best. I'm on the Great Plateau right now.

• Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    My partner got me one of these for Christmas. Gave it to me early so that I could enjoy it during some of the holiday downtime at work.

She's the best. I'm on the Great Plateau right now.

Funny, I’ve played 175 hours and I’m also on The Great Plateau because the new DLC (which is really great) has me back to shrine searchin’.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    tadaaaaa!

ujoZQO8.jpg

Oh god it's even easier to connect to the Switch than the NES30Pro. All I did was turn it on, hold pair for 2 seconds, then go to change grip order on the Switch and hit start. That's it. Within 10 seconds it was perfectly synced, no firmware update required.

edit: gyro controls are as advertised, I can aim a bow in BOTW with precision just like with the pro contoller or the joycons. I havent used it enough to fully experience the rumble but I'll update this post when I do. The sticks feel VERY nice, like a legit modern controller. Huge improvement over the tiny nubbins on the NES30Pro. The weight is about the same as the NES30Pro, which was kind of surprising to me. There's no denying there's some heft to it but I expected for it to be much heavier than the nes30pro at least. It feels very nice in my hands overall and the ABYX buttons are EXTREMELY smooth and shiny. They come protected by a special cover seperate from the one covering the controller itself. I'll have more impressions and pics soon.

edit: upon closer inspection it appears that the control sticks are the same as (or at least are identical to) the sticks on the pro controller.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM

This is coming to Switch! Glad I held off from buying the Ultra Street Fighter II game! :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ok, I had no idea there was a new Cruis'n game out in Arcades. This needs to come to Switch

cruisnblast_10.png

http://nintendoeverything.com/raw-thrills-says-nintendo-was-super-excited-for-cruisn-blast-open-to-possible-switch-connectivity/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Cruis'n is just permanently etched in my mind as this:

wKTsRsG.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Wake me up when it's Rush.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Wake me up when it's Rush.

Bubbles, is that you?

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Dammit you guys got the Cruis’n menu song in my head now

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
      There's a long and honored tradition of ridiculous music in racing games

https://youtu.be/a14tqUAswZU

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
      Cruis'n is just permanently etched in my mind as this:

wKTsRsG.jpg

For me it's exploding deer.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
      Got to try out the pro controller.

Now THIS is more like it.

That's a comfy controller.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
      Okay it's cool that Bayo 1-3 are coming to the Switch, I really like that, but I feel like the lede has been buried here.

I WANT THE NEW SOUL CALIBUR ON THE SWITCH DAMNIT. FUCKING. MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

MY SOUL STILL BURNS!

A Nintendo platform hasn't gotten a numbered Soul Calibur title in over 15 years. I wouldn't hold your breath.

I always found that rather peculiar, as to my recollection, the best-selling version of II was the GameCube one. So of course you'd follow that up by... ignoring that part of the player base from then on?

As far as I remember, the ps2 version outsold the GameCube version, but I don't think it was by very much.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
      Darkewolfe wrote: »
      Honestly, having Nintendo characters in soul Calibur would be completely pointless to me. They're not part of the universe. I'd just like core SC.

They're attractions, to attract new people to the brand. Case in point: Link attracted me to SCII, and while I've not been the most avid follower of the franchise for different reasons (such as the sequel being exclusively on families of platforms I didn't own at the time), it's retained my interest.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
      Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
      edited December 2017
      Shadowfire wrote: »
      Okay it's cool that Bayo 1-3 are coming to the Switch, I really like that, but I feel like the lede has been buried here.

I WANT THE NEW SOUL CALIBUR ON THE SWITCH DAMNIT. FUCKING. MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

MY SOUL STILL BURNS!

A Nintendo platform hasn't gotten a numbered Soul Calibur title in over 15 years. I wouldn't hold your breath.

I always found that rather peculiar, as to my recollection, the best-selling version of II was the GameCube one. So of course you'd follow that up by... ignoring that part of the player base from then on?

As far as I remember, the ps2 version outsold the GameCube version, but I don't think it was by very much.

Nah, it was a rare case of a third party putting the same amount of effort into a multiplatform title on GC. That plus the inclusion of Link meant that the game performed best on Cube, sales wise. It was a really frustrating thing for Nintendo fans at the time because it was really just illustrative that whatever happened, third parties were happy to write off Nintendo fans in favour of Sony strongarms.

DaveTheWave on
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
      All I could find on wikipedia was that combined sales from all 3 platforms reached about 2.6 million, and that about a million of those sales were on GCN. Sure it sold more on PS2 (assuming XBox version sales were less than 0.6mil), but when nearly 40% of your sales are coming from a console with roughly 15% of the market*, you'd think it would merit a second look.

*I'm probably being generous here. PS2's market domination was unheard of.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
      edited December 2017

Is the dpad fixed?

lionheart_m on
      3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Is the dpad fixed?

Oh was there an issue?

I haven't noticed anything after a good 15 hours of play time this weekend.

Doesn't mean it isn't there though! Wasn't using the d-pad too much, but did use it some.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
      I got my 10 year anniversary bonus at work today, so I used part of it to grab myself a Switch. It should be here by the weekend.

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular

Is the dpad fixed?

Oh was there an issue?

Doesn't mean it isn't there though! Wasn't using the d-pad too much, but did use it some.

If you have Shovel Knight or another similar 2D platformer installed, try it out with the Pro controller D-pad. You'll know very shortly if your controller is fixed or not.

Kreutz wrote: »

Is the dpad fixed?

Oh was there an issue?

If you have Shovel Knight or another similar 2D platformer installed, try it out with the Pro controller D-pad. You'll know very shortly if your controller is fixed or not.

My only games are Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey.

• IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
      edited December 2017
      tadaaaaa!

ujoZQO8.jpg

Oh god it's even easier to connect to the Switch than the NES30Pro. All I did was turn it on, hold pair for 2 seconds, then go to change grip order on the Switch and hit start. That's it. Within 10 seconds it was perfectly synced, no firmware update required.

edit: gyro controls are as advertised, I can aim a bow in BOTW with precision just like with the pro contoller or the joycons. I havent used it enough to fully experience the rumble but I'll update this post when I do. The sticks feel VERY nice, like a legit modern controller. Huge improvement over the tiny nubbins on the NES30Pro. The weight is about the same as the NES30Pro, which was kind of surprising to me. There's no denying there's some heft to it but I expected for it to be much heavier than the nes30pro at least. It feels very nice in my hands overall and the ABYX buttons are EXTREMELY smooth and shiny. They come protected by a special cover seperate from the one covering the controller itself. I'll have more impressions and pics soon.

edit: upon closer inspection it appears that the control sticks are the same as (or at least are identical to) the sticks on the pro controller.
      How are the dual shoulder buttons? They look a bit weird.

The analog sticks click when pressed in, right?

Also, is that extra face button for Home/Share?

IceBurner on
      3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
      PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
      Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    • vamenvamen Registered User regular
      Anyone doing any streaming from their Switch? If so, what device do you use?
      I'm not a streamer by any means but my friends and I stream stuff for each other when we play, just to see what everyone is up to since a lot of us play different games. And Switch is the only device I can't really do that on.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
      edited December 2017
      vamen wrote: »
      Anyone doing any streaming from their Switch? If so, what device do you use?
      I'm not a streamer by any means but my friends and I stream stuff for each other when we play, just to see what everyone is up to since a lot of us play different games. And Switch is the only device I can't really do that on.

A while back someone in the thread’s suggested one of these to me, and it's worked perfectly fine for me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00840353W?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Super plug ‘n play, just install the software, plug it into a USB port on your computer, and then it acts as a pass-through between the Switch and the TV.

Don’t know if there’s a new model or anything out now, though.

PMAvers on
      persona4celestia.jpg
      COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
      IceBurner wrote: »

I think I can answer:

They shoulder buttons work well, about as well as the pro IMO.
      Yes the sticks click when pressed in.
      There are 2 extra face buttons for share and home.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
      edited December 2017
      IceBurner wrote: »
      tadaaaaa!

ujoZQO8.jpg

The dual shoulder buttons took a bit getting used to but now I barely even notice that it's like that. They have grooves that feel good when your finger is resting on them/pressing them. It's much improved over the side by side buttons on the NES30Pro

The analog sticks do click when pressed in, yes.

Yeah, the extra button on the right is the home button and the extra button on the left is the share button, just like on the pro controller.

I've tried the rumble, it works, not nearly as good as HD rumble of course but it's no better or worse than any other rumble effect out there.

edit: I would say I was beatd but actually I see a value in having two opinions so similiar yet posted without knowledge of one another.

Handsome Costanza on
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • vamenvamen Registered User regular
      @PMAvers - Much appreciated! I figured at some point it had been discussed, but I couldn't find it. This looks like it will fit the bill, thanks!

Yooka-Laylee kickstarter codes are being sent out and just managed to download it. Already getting a major Banjo-Kazooie nostalgia trip.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »
      Ok, I had no idea there was a new Cruis'n game out in Arcades. This needs to come to Switch

cruisnblast_10.png

http://nintendoeverything.com/raw-thrills-says-nintendo-was-super-excited-for-cruisn-blast-open-to-possible-switch-connectivity/

I actually just stumbled on this last week during a work trip. Apparently it came out last year, according to the copyright.

It's pretty fun (in the bit I played I drove around Death Valley during a sandstorm and had to dodge a wind turbine that blew off its pole) and looks really good by modern arcade standards (the visuals in modern arcade games tend to be a cut or five below AAA gaming standards), but it's definitely arcadey. There's only five tracks. Dunno if Raw Thrills has the manpower to really beef up the game, but at the right price point I'd be up for it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
      I have the 8Bitdo SF30 Pro Controller Windows waiting at home. Now the question is do I have the will to wait till Christmas and put it in one of the kids stockings or just open now for myself.

steam_sig.png
      Nintendo ID: Incindium
      PSN: IncindiumX
    • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
      Incindium wrote: »
      I have the 8Bitdo SF30 Pro Controller Windows waiting at home. Now the question is do I have the will to wait till Christmas and put it in one of the kids stockings or just open now for myself.

why not both?

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Is the dpad fixed?

Supposedly the contacts and membrane were modified on the Xenoblade edition ones. I don't know if the regular ones being made now are fixed as well, but probably they are (but I don't know how you're supposed to be able to check production batches or anything, you'll have to do some research).

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
      Only complaint with the Pro controller I have is that once in a blue moon, I'll hit the screenshot/home buttons when I mean to hit the +/- buttons. I wish they were somewhere more out of the way, but then again there's not much real estate on the controller to begin with.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
      Only complaint with the Pro controller I have is that once in a blue moon, I'll hit the screenshot/home buttons when I mean to hit the +/- buttons. I wish they were somewhere more out of the way, but then again there's not much real estate on the controller to begin with.

I kind of wish they used the same shape buttons as the ones on the Joy-cons for +/-.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
      edited December 2017
      Incindium wrote: »

The packaging is such that you can take it out and put it back in without damaging or undoing anything. The only thing that will be different is the little celophane wrap over the buttons will be gone but I doubt your kids will notice, or care. In fact you could probably do them a favor by charging it before giving it to them so it's ready to go out of the box. Go for it. They basically addressed all of the complaints with the NES30Pro and knocked it out of the park while doing so. I can't get over how comfortable it is to hold in my hands. I thought it would be awkward, at least at first, but no. It's everything I hoped it would be.

Handsome Costanza on
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
      Naphtali wrote: »

I kind of wish they used the same shape buttons as the ones on the Joy-cons for +/-.

I kinda low-key hate the pro for this. With the lack of defined shape combined with their proximity to share and home, I am hitting the wrong shit at least 2 or 3 times per session. Really poor design.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      I had a Best Buy credit, so I used it to order this:

Azure-Striker-Gunvolt-Striker-Pack-1.jpg?fit=800%2C450&ssl=1

I played the first game on the 3DS but never finished it, and never bought the second. I enjoyed the parts I played just got caught up with other games. Looking forward to playing through these to fill that Mega Man void until the legacy collections hit the Switch. Anyone else like these games? Is the second one as good as the first?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
    • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      WTF Doom has a huge patch?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »
      I had a Best Buy credit, so I used it to order this:

Azure-Striker-Gunvolt-Striker-Pack-1.jpg?fit=800%2C450&ssl=1

I played the first game on the 3DS but never finished it, and never bought the second. I enjoyed the parts I played just got caught up with other games. Looking forward to playing through these to fill that Mega Man void until the legacy collections hit the Switch. Anyone else like these games? Is the second one as good as the first?

I plan on getting this but I don't know why there was a delay in getting a physical copy of it.
      But the way work as turned into a meatgrinder this holiday season prevented me from getting it as a download since I have to plan against the cap every month

This discussion has been closed.