Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Fire Emblem] Strategy RPGs at its finest!

1789101113»

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Damn, I realized the version of FE7 I bought is the European release :/ It's really really annoying me seeing "Ositia" instead of "Ostia"... Grrr...

Annoyingly it's not even consistent. It's Ositia and Lahus in the missions but goes back to Ostia and Laus in the narration between missions.

Yeah, I saw "Bern" during one of the narration things and was hopeful but then Serra immediately started talking a out Ositia :/ I read the European version also cut out the ending special scenes which is bm.

Went back on eBay and found an actual US version (I messaged the seller to confirm) for $9. I think it's worth that not to be constantly annoyed :P I can keep the EU version as a weird oddity :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited March 11
    I think I'm giving up trying to recruit Percival early :/ Every time I try to ask advice somewhere people are like "Don't do it, it's not worth it." I just can't get a straight answer on which knights need to be kept alive for the Knight's Crest. (Someone said all of them, but that seems a bit asinine... only two of them leave with him when he leaves the map...)

Almost beat the map, got some really nice level ups.... then Gonzales got crit by a lance -_- Maybe 5 enemies left on the whole map, boss already dead. *siggggggghhhhhhh*

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 12
    Edit: Wrong thread.

Fire Emblem is a pretty cool series.

Lucascraft on
    MNC Dover
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Friendship ended with the ocean's grey waves, now cherished halls is my best friend

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    MNC DoverPolaritieWotanAnubisAndy JoeTairu
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, it's no Id, but that's hard to top.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    It's no Into the Shadow of Triumph either, but I guess it'll do.

I wonder if there's a character in the game that's supposed to be signing this, like how The Ocean's Grey Waves was Azura's song, or if this is just the non-diegetic Three Houses main theme.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Miss Femblem, "I fight for my franchise."

D1XVHWMU8AAODf5.jpg

9e0txHT.gif
    Thirdy25
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Is that an amiibo or what? Whatever it is, it is beautiful.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    It's from this tweet apparently, but the one that posted it isn't the one that made it. According to him it is from one of his few friends.

9e0txHT.gif
    Ok, after way too many resets, beat chapter 13. Got some really good level ups so I'm happy. Speaking of which, Lilina somehow leveled speed three times this map. Wtf. Look at this, this is insane:
    58v2uwmsm7c4.jpg

I sent her into the arena at the end and she basically could not be hit by anything. Only remotely scary battle was a swordmaster who she crit on the very first attack and one-shot. lol

MNC DoverTalithPolaritie
    The copy of Shadow Dragon I ordered arrived today finally. Holy crap I have been playing too much on crap-ass DS Phat because playing something again on my 3DS feels so dang weird. Like, so thin and such high quality, large screens. Haha.

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

D1XVHWMU8AAODf5.jpg

Fix the mismatched boots and that's actually a good look.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
    My *US* copy of Blazing Blade arrived today. I've been playing through Lyn's story. I knew Hector was in one of the houses so I wanted to see what happened if I sent Matthew in. Holy crap there was special dialog I don't think I've ever seen. Noticed he also has some for Serra where he hides from her. Hahaha...

I also probably just spent 20 minutes trying to get Sain to hit a 67% to kill a boss on a castle because I wanted him to get a level and the idiot kept missing. Then all he got was HP and STR :/ (he needs speed so bad)

MNC Dover
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    The European limited edition of Three Houses finally went up for pre-order yesterday and I was able to snag a copy. However, it was at the local electronics store which managed to mess up my Switch pre-order, so I'm not sure I trust them 100%. Might try and get a copy off Amazon and switch to that.
    My *US* copy of Blazing Blade arrived today. I've been playing through Lyn's story. I knew Hector was in one of the houses so I wanted to see what happened if I sent Matthew in. Holy crap there was special dialog I don't think I've ever seen. Noticed he also has some for Serra where he hides from her. Hahaha...

I also probably just spent 20 minutes trying to get Sain to hit a 67% to kill a boss on a castle because I wanted him to get a level and the idiot kept missing. Then all he got was HP and STR :/ (he needs speed so bad)

FE games tend to have a lot of special dialogue for occasions like that which 99% of the people playing it likely never get to see. Radiant Dawn is especially ridiculous.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Finished RD think I might go back and play PoR now.

Maz- wrote: »
    The European limited edition of Three Houses finally went up for pre-order yesterday and I was able to snag a copy. However, it was at the local electronics store which managed to mess up my Switch pre-order, so I'm not sure I trust them 100%. Might try and get a copy off Amazon and switch to that.

FE games tend to have a lot of special dialogue for occasions like that which 99% of the people playing it likely never get to see. Radiant Dawn is especially ridiculous.

Yeah, I may have seen it before because I played through Lyn's campaign on the Wii U VC release years ago, but I totally forgot if I did so it was still a huge surprise. I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy going through the game now that I know a lot more about the story and characters. Especially the Binding Blade stuff which I had not seen a let's play of when I watched a Blazing Blade let's play before.

I was having fun and made my way a bit into Eliwood's campaign up to 13x (where you defend Merlinus). Though I really gotta finish Binding Blade first so still going to put it aside until then. It's kind of funny how much the difficulty spikes from Lyn's campaign, even on forced Normal difficulty. Doesn't help that my Lowen keeps getting garbage level ups. I'll probably just bench him once I get Kent and Sain back.

• Thirdy25Thirdy25 Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »

D1XVHWMU8AAODf5.jpg

Fix the mismatched boots and that's actually a good look.

Noticed the mismatched boots as well but overall it is very pretty.

1789101113»