As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, Crimson Flower 18 is no joke.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Huh, I am starting to catch up to you guys I guess :P I am up to chapter 16 of Crimson Flower :3 I have been kinda taking it slow because I haven't had a ton of time to play. Chapter 15 was kinda a joke. I was sad I could not steal the anti-crit shield tho T_T

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    As it happens I managed to recruit Ashe on exactly the same day his paralouge was locked out. Whoops.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »
    As it happens I managed to recruit Ashe on exactly the same day his paralouge was locked out. Whoops.

Yeah I never got his. I figure it's fine - this is what repeat playthroughs are for :P (honestly I'm not even using him anyways, I just wanted to not kill all the other students :3)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Decided to restart a battle from the beginning since I couldn't see myself beating it the way things were going. Crimson Flower chapter 18
    Those damn golems. I thought that buff from Rhea's Roar only lasted for one turn. But after awhile I noticed that that little arrow indicator wasn't going away..then I actually looked at their stats and realized: oh shit, it's actually stacking! I was advancing fairly slowly so by the time I got to the third and fourth golems they had pretty ridiculous crit rates.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    How are you getting the route names ie Crimson Flower etc, are they named ingame?

Would be good to know for once I get to part 2 probably.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Decided to restart a battle from the beginning since I couldn't see myself beating it the way things were going. Crimson Flower chapter 18
    Those damn golems. I thought that buff from Rhea's Roar only lasted for one turn. But after awhile I noticed that that little arrow indicator wasn't going away..then I actually looked at their stats and realized: oh shit, it's actually stacking! I was advancing fairly slowly so by the time I got to the third and fourth golems they had pretty ridiculous crit rates.

I'm having a bit of trouble with that chapter.
    I don't have any fliers, and I feel like they're important here. Almost all my guys are cavalry, which is just the worst here.

I managed to sneak a small team up to the dragon and knock off one of her health bars. I think next time I need to do a slower advance, there aren't that many golems.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Honk wrote: »
    How are you getting the route names ie Crimson Flower etc, are they named ingame?

They're named in-game. You can hear them when the Chapter is announced.

Part 1 is always White Clouds and gets announced as "Part 1: White Clouds: (Moon Name): (Chapter Name)". Part 2 is named differently depending on the House. Crimson Flower is one of the two Black Eagle routes, so it's convenient to use when you want to specify which Black Eagle route.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

I'm having a bit of trouble with that chapter.
    I don't have any fliers, and I feel like they're important here. Almost all my guys are cavalry, which is just the worst here.

I managed to sneak a small team up to the dragon and knock off one of her health bars. I think next time I need to do a slower advance, there aren't that many golems.

Remember that your cavalry units can temporarily dismount. That helps a lot in that chapter.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Just realized I posted this in the Fire Emblem Heroes thread instead of here:

Uh.....shit

kax46kbgrvph.png

Edit: Nevermind, she just murdered every single person who attacked her

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

If you're curious what the four route names are:
    Verdant Winds [Golden Deer]
    Azure Moon [Blue Lions]
    Silver Snow [Black Eagles default]
    Crimson Flower [Black Eagles alternate]

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I just hit the Black Eagles route decision:
    Man, I lost the entire day and the follow-up training session? Fuck you Edelgard! A warning or option to back out ("Let me think.") would have been nice. Sigh....

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So doing Azure moon. After having recruited Bernie, her supports are
    just heart wrenching. I have a feeling they will change with higher levels but holy shit. Felix was just being himself Ingrid no, bad not her door! .

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I just hit the Black Eagles route decision:
    Man, I lost the entire day and the follow-up training session? Fuck you Edelgard! A warning or option to back out ("Let me think.") would have been nice. Sigh....

Spoilers for the end of Black Eagles Part 1
    The entire point of that question is to put you on the spot and make you choose between teaching and Edelgard. If there was a back out option or warning, it would completely destroy the significance of that choice, as its entire purpose is to put you, the player, at the crossroads and make a decision as to what is most important in the game for you.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Beat Crimson Flower. That was a pretty good video game y'all.

Now on to the Golden Deer.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Uh.....shit

kax46kbgrvph.png

Whenever I overextend byleth and see those red lines I just chuckle and think oh, you poor fucks

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Not choosing the Black Eagles after spending 95 hours with them before feels so wrong.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Uh.....shit

kax46kbgrvph.png

Whenever I overextend byleth and see those red lines I just chuckle and think oh, you poor fucks

Hey I think that's where I am and also yes generally I'd think the 3rd or 4th troop running up get killed by byleths counter would reconsider their life choices

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Just fyi for people who aren't there yet

Crimson Rose goes from C17 battle straight to C18 battle. You can visit the standard marketplace but you can't visit Anna and buy accessories or Master Seals, so if you're planning on Master classing someone at a certain level, buy enough seals in advance.

Also I have an inventory of stat boosts I should probably use, but am now forced to do so in the slowest possible way; trading them 1 at a time into a characters inventory and activating them.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is

I'm going to feel so silly based on how you answer this

Is there a faster way to use them?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    That's what I've been doing but I haven't horded them, just used them immediately when I've harvested them but it's probably one great big timesink if youve just been stockpiling

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i think its more the getting them into peoples inventory but maybe reading it wrong

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Just fyi for people who aren't there yet

Crimson Rose goes from C17 battle straight to C18 battle. You can visit the standard marketplace but you can't visit Anna and buy accessories or Master Seals, so if you're planning on Master classing someone at a certain level, buy enough seals in advance.

Also I have an inventory of stat boosts I should probably use, but am now forced to do so in the slowest possible way; trading them 1 at a time into a characters inventory and activating them.

It's a little worse than that. You can't perform certs or supports either, so take care of everything you can before you start Ch 17!

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Fist Master is a welcome addition to the game.

1. Raphael is currently Fist Master with 117 base chance to hit and 109 chance to crit
    2. When he crits (which is always) he spins

butts
  • Options
    Spoilers for about halfway through Crimson Flower:
    Doing a NG+, in the prologue bandits attack and nearly kill the three house leaders. These bandits were directed by the Flame Emperor. Edelgard is the Flame Emperor. What the hell sort of plan was that?

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I'm 7 hours in and have fought like 4 battles. Not sure if I'm playing this wrong.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Sounds about right to me.

• Options
    Doing a NG+, in the prologue bandits attack and nearly kill the three house leaders. These bandits were directed by the Flame Emperor. Edelgard is the Flame Emperor. What the hell sort of plan was that?
    The goal was most likely to kill Claude and Dimitri, as they are obstacles to her future ambitions of unification. Killing the heirs to Faerghus and Leicester would make the eventual war effort easier, as those territories would have a leadership crisis.

Hiring bandits, as opposed to Death Knight or poisoning them, maximizes plausible deniability. It would have looked like an unfortunate accident running into the bandits, and Edelgard being involved would have made her look like an innocent victim. Killing them in anyway that makes it look like Edelgard was potentially involved would have caused a war she wasn't ready to take the reigns of, empowering her political enemies within the Empire. Once the two were dead she probably had a way to call the bandits off, or thought she can fight them off... but then Claude, the king of tactical retreats, runs for it and accidentally draws all the bandit attention after him, since he was one of the main targets. Dimitri, not about to back down, chases after them and brings Edelgard with her. They probably thought to keep on running and later hide but they run into Jeralt and Byleth and that in turn causes them to stand their ground.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

Spoilers for the above.
    One of the main things about the Crimson Flowers route is that it does not spell anything out for you in regards to the plot. It expects the player to put all of the pieces together to figure out what's going on. Edelgard is never going to tell you about why she arranged that initial bandit attack, but the information is all in the game.
    Second spoilers for the reasoning in case you want to know.
    Edelgard despises crests and the nobility. She sees them (and the Church which constantly pushes this view) as the reason that Fodlan is in such a terrible place. In the opening scene of the story, the house leaders tell you about how they were cutoff from their fellow students, who are almost entirely nobles we learn once we become part of the school. Then, when you get the cutscene of the Flame Emperor talking to the bandit after the failed attack, there's an off the cuff line about "attacking and killing as many nobles as possible".

Basically, it was never about the house leaders. Edelgard arranged that attack to kill as many crest bearing children of noble houses as possible in order to cull the nobility and begin weakening them. Its just another step in her plan to destroy the system.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Is there a decent non spoilery guide on good ways to build characters? I'm torn by all the choices

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Is there a decent non spoilery guide on good ways to build characters? I'm torn by all the choices

As far as what classes? Just look at what stuff they start with D ranks in (or have the blue arrows in) and that's a safe bet. Most of the time hidden talents are viable options (a few characters get melee weapons and poor strength or reason and poor magic though). Really, you can just stick with whatever their starting weapon is and you'll be fine. Also pay attention to armor/riding/flying growths here - flyers especially are really valuable since they have tons of movement, ignore almost all terrain (though they can't get defense boosts without dismounting), and can hit and run really well to pick off pesky enemies.

Anyone with high magic probably benefits from getting D in faith to learn Heal. Never hurts to have more people who can patch someone up (though a lot of the mages can just delete enemies easily anyways).

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Character's initial Goals are usually a pretty good indicator of what they're capable of. Focus on their strengths, ignore their weaknesses, it'll be fine.

You can't really go wrong with anything, but I'd say...

Swords and Bows can be studied solo or in combination, and that's both fine. Axes go together well with Heavy Armour, Flying, and Brawling. Lances should really only be taken together with Riding (or Flying for female characters) - there are no Classes beyond the basic Soldier that just use Lances, but all mounted units need some skill with Lances, so train everyone you want to eventually put on a horse with the Lance. Mages should just study Reason and Faith and not bother with anything else.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

I've been talking with SilverWind about this for a few days, and we think we've arrived at a pretty solid take on what's happening there.

Grown-up spoilers for the first 12-13 chapters of Crimson Flower:
    What Edelgard actually did in this situation was hire bandits to attack the Knights of Seiros—while pointedly omitting that the Knights would be there. The bandits intended to kill a bunch of kids, yes, and if they'd managed to do it then more the good for Edelgard, but her goal wasn't actually any particular deaths—it was undermining the church. As one of the knights mentions to you in an Exploration phase, the death of students undermines not just the assumed safety of Garreg Mach, but the underpinning trust of the Church itself. By creating the possibility of noble children dying, Edelgard was attempting to drive a wedge between the nobles of Fodlan and the church, which would play into her eventual plans when she tries to turn the continent against the church.

The thing is, though, she didn't intend for Dimitri and Claude to bite it. The Knights of Seiros are very capable protectors—it's why Alois charges into the middle of where he thinks hte bandits are without a care in the world—and Dimitri and Claude are, themselves, very strong fighters. Claude running off and being pursued, much less Dimitri following him, actually went against her plans, because it created a stronger possibility that those two would be killed.

What Edelgard was doing, by following them and directing them to Remire village where the Blade Breaker was waiting, was protecting them. If she'd wanted them dead she would have let them run off aimlessly into the woods to be chased down and killed.

As to why she wanted to keep Dimitri and Claude alive—who can say? Maybe she wanted the opportunity to try to make allies of them. Maybe she had connections to Dimitri and wanted to learn about Claude. But she did try to keep them alive, as counterintuitive as that is.

The goal was never really any individual life. It was the church. For Edelgard, the goal is always the church.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Character's initial Goals are usually a pretty good indicator of what they're capable of. Focus on their strengths, ignore their weaknesses, it'll be fine.

You can't really go wrong with anything, but I'd say...

Swords and Bows can be studied solo or in combination, and that's both fine. Axes go together well with Heavy Armour, Flying, and Brawling. Lances should really only be taken together with Riding (or Flying for female characters) - there are no Classes beyond the basic Soldier that just use Lances, but all mounted units need some skill with Lances, so train everyone you want to eventually put on a horse with the Lance. Mages should just study Reason and Faith and not bother with anything else.

That's for the most part true, but not strictly true. Hubert for example doesn't really have access to any good Master classes being a male(only females can be a Gremory), so normally building him as a caster plateaus him in the Advanced category. But he learns Frozen Lance as a budding talent, which is a magic-based lance attack that also has mt scaling based on dex(he has pretty solid dex). So a common build for him is to class him into Dark Knight, give him a quality lance and watch him sail across the field as a glass cannon selectively deleting targets with his opener.

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

I've been talking with SilverWind about this for a few days, and we think we've arrived at a pretty solid take on what's happening there.

Grown-up spoilers for the first 12-13 chapters of Crimson Flower:
    What Edelgard actually did in this situation was hire bandits to attack the Knights of Seiros—while pointedly omitting that the Knights would be there. The bandits intended to kill a bunch of kids, yes, and if they'd managed to do it then more the good for Edelgard, but her goal wasn't actually any particular deaths—it was undermining the church. As one of the knights mentions to you in an Exploration phase, the death of students undermines not just the assumed safety of Garreg Mach, but the underpinning trust of the Church itself. By creating the possibility of noble children dying, Edelgard was attempting to drive a wedge between the nobles of Fodlan and the church, which would play into her eventual plans when she tries to turn the continent against the church.

The thing is, though, she didn't intend for Dimitri and Claude to bite it. The Knights of Seiros are very capable protectors—it's why Alois charges into the middle of where he thinks hte bandits are without a care in the world—and Dimitri and Claude are, themselves, very strong fighters. Claude running off and being pursued, much less Dimitri following him, actually went against her plans, because it created a stronger possibility that those two would be killed.

What Edelgard was doing, by following them and directing them to Remire village where the Blade Breaker was waiting, was protecting them. If she'd wanted them dead she would have let them run off aimlessly into the woods to be chased down and killed.

As to why she wanted to keep Dimitri and Claude alive—who can say? Maybe she wanted the opportunity to try to make allies of them. Maybe she had connections to Dimitri and wanted to learn about Claude. But she did try to keep them alive, as counterintuitive as that is.

The goal was never really any individual life. It was the church. For Edelgard, the goal is always the church.

End of Crimson Flower spoilers
    Regarding keeping Dimitri alive: when she eventually kills Dimitri, he calls her El, which I think she said only her siblings called her.

• Options
    It took some effort but I managed to make Edel a Gremory to make use of all that magical training I gave her. Looks great. If they make a new house with black jack and DLC then I'll probably turn her into Hector 2.0 but I guess I'll have to find another axe murderer whenever I run through a different house's campaign.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Hey how do I unlock this class for um reasons

• Options
    Hey how do I unlock this class for um reasons

You get to unlock Dancer for one character late in act 1.

This discussion has been closed.