As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Ken O wrote: »
    Honestly I can't believe how happy it made me just to see/hear Hilda again.

Hilda ! Hilda ! Hilda

She is type of character that’s cool/funny in game but would be miserable to be around irl.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Wow forgot this was coming out so soon … also forgot felix is a swordsman and Dedue is a armor knight , I always have them as grapplers or warmasters . By far my favorite house too .

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    That release date is unfortunate with Sunbreak the following week.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I'll hold off until I hear whether it runs like age of calamity or not. The switch really struggles with the musuo style games.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I'll hold off until I hear whether it runs like age of calamity or not. The switch really struggles with the musuo style games.

the fact they didn't include the performance mode that FE warriors had is baffling. the performance mode actually made it run really well

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I didn't think Age of Calamity's frame drops were that bad but I don't know if playing docked the whole time makes any difference.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    https://youtu.be/hmWfId9saFc

Petra is a definite downgrade from her 3h look.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I am Ferdinand von Aegir!

Yesssssss...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Dorothea seems basically unchanged, but I've gotta wonder what Bernie's thinking with that hairstyle and how Caspar got that scar.

caspar tripped and clipped his head on his dresser

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Petra being a knifesassin and not a swordmaster feels incorrect to me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

xbe2anwktzx7.jpeg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page

I don't even know what her intended advancement was. She's too perfect for Wyvern Lord (or Falcon Knight, which is technically probably a stronger class for her). Her growths make her an utter monster with any weapon.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I don't even know what her intended advancement was. She's too perfect for Wyvern Lord (or Falcon Knight, which is technically probably a stronger class for her). Her growths make her an utter monster with any weapon.

I hear she's an assassin when she's an enemy on other routes, which is usually a tell as to what a character is "supposed" to be.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Nobody else in the Eagles seemed like an obvious pick to go Thief, and you've gotta have someone capable of unlocking all those chests and doors, am I right?

(Yes I know you can use keys. Keys are for slackers.)

I hear she's an assassin when she's an enemy on other routes, which is usually a tell as to what a character is "supposed" to be.

Yeah, I suppose I can see that - her proficiencies do line up better there (all the flyers need lance which she's neutral in). But she's the only member of the Black Eagles who's strong in flying, and everyone knows flying+axes=wyverns!

Any path you take Petra is fine so long as that path leads to marriage

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist

Yeah, I suppose I can see that - her proficiencies do line up better there (all the flyers need lance which she's neutral in). But she's the only member of the Black Eagles who's strong in flying, and everyone knows flying+axes=wyverns!

I made her a pegasus knight in my playthrough, which also has some basis in her Heroes version.
    Butters wrote: »

To Dorothea?

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

I don't know why I took such a liking to Ingrid so early on, but it paid off when she snuck out of the party so she could eat a pile of meat without worrying about what people thought of her. Definitely a soulmate.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    My wife played most of the time but I did our first Black Eagle run, supported Edelgard's dark MFGA campaign, and still couldn't stop wooing Petra.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    The Dynasty Warriors style game play does absolutely nothing for me, but these trailers really showed me how attached I got to the 3 Houses characters. I may have to try it anyway.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Ah yes. The best team.

"Awakened Rivals" Three Hopes trailer:

https://youtu.be/f91wvxXAEXw

Shows off the Ashen Wolves, also announces the availability of a demo that carries over progress to the full game.

Oh shit you meant demo is out now! I thought you meant soon , downloading now!

edited June 2022
    Wow, Three Hopes is not shy about dropping spoilers for Three Houses. In the Black Eagles chapters, at least, don't know about the others yet.

WotanAnubis on
    edited June 2022
    Having fun so far , it really does seem like three houses but a musou instead of a strategy rpg.

Edit very faithful to three houses down to spending years in the monastery between gameplay lol.

EspantaPajaro on
    edited June 2022
    Hmm , they ping pong from playing the story straight to throwing huge new things happening. I’m enjoying the blue lions so far , gameplay is also enjoyable . It’s standard musou but it’s smooth so far.

Edit - really nailed the if my units get magic instead of strength one more fucking time I’m going to scream.

Cavalier and Pegasus ( so slyvain and Ingrid for me ) are both tippy top tier from my impressions. Very fun and useful.

EspantaPajaro on
    If nothing else, this demo proves that Bernadetta really is the Black Eagle's Token Straight Person.

Geez.

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Played a good bit of the demo with Black Eagles, really having a good time with it and uh... wow.

Spoilers for Black Eagles path thoughts (Only read if you want the first 4 chapters worth of Black Eagles plot)
    • Byleth is pretty scary when fighting for the other side, surprising no one
    • I'm a sucker for 'What if X lived instead of dying' stories or vice versa, so I guess I'm on the hook now
    • The house leaders never make it to Remire so Byleth is just... out there.
    • Joining the Officers Academy as a student rather than the professor was interesting. I guess Shez doesn't have the same fearsome reputation as Byleth so, makes sense.
    • The above means my professor is Jeriza. Interesting.

The plot just starts off mad then goes even more off the rails immediately.
    • Professor Jeritza took the class out on their first mission and proceeded to murder the bandits they were supposed to engage by himself
    • The class comes across a bandit stronghold. In the basement is Monica, who they free before her form is stolen by Kronya, who you fight on the way out.
    • Monica just outright tells everyone that Tomas is a kidnapper
    • Tomas is outed by the Knights of Seiros before he gets to do much of anything and peaces out
    • Edelgard decides 'Fuck my original plan, lets act now' and Hubert does a rare thing whereby he openly disagrees with her.
    • Half of the Black eagles just skip the rest of school the march on Enbarr and enact Edelgards plan like, super early. They also do this openly, with the backing of the church.
    • Edelgard: 'I've arrested everyones dads' Bernie: 'Did you arrest my dad? :')' 'Edelgard: 'Unfortunately not.' Bernie: 'Oh... Okay.... :'('
    • Now a couple of years have passed and the Empire has declared war on the church, as normal. Difference is, you get to actually see the invasion happen. I fully anticipate we're gonna hit the monastary and Byleth is there, possibly post-ritual. Byleth, bar the first intial encounter, has been completely absent from the story and there is no way that bomb isn't going off.

In short, what I'm saying is, this is nuts, and I love it.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Played a good bit of the demo with Black Eagles, really having a good time with it and uh... wow.

Spoilers for Black Eagles path thoughts (Only read if you want the first 4 chapters worth of Black Eagles plot)
      • Professor Jeritza took the class out on their first mission and proceeded to murder the bandits they were supposed to engage by himself

I read this point differently then you. In a slightly earlier cutscene, there's a discussion between Edelgard and Hubert talking about "saving her" and having the right people to do so. Then, when the group gets to the village, they find some of the bandits they were hunting already dead, and Jeriza says "Follow the blood" and runs off. I don't think Jeriza killed them. Rather, I think other members of Edelgard's forces killed them, and Jeriza took the credit while leading the class to the fortress where Monica was being kept prisoner.

As for my thoughts on the demo, I did not at all care about this game prior to playing the demo. Now I am not only all in, but actively cursing the fact that I can't buy the full game right now. I forgot how much I love these characters, and am just really happy to spend more time with them in a new story.

PSN|AspectVoid
      AspectVoid wrote: »

I read this point differently then you. In a slightly earlier cutscene, there's a discussion between Edelgard and Hubert talking about "saving her" and having the right people to do so. Then, when the group gets to the village, they find some of the bandits they were hunting already dead, and Jeriza says "Follow the blood" and runs off. I don't think Jeriza killed them. Rather, I think other members of Edelgard's forces killed them, and Jeriza took the credit while leading the class to the fortress where Monica was being kept prisoner.

As for my thoughts on the demo, I did not at all care about this game prior to playing the demo. Now I am not only all in, but actively cursing the fact that I can't buy the full game right now. I forgot how much I love these characters, and am just really happy to spend more time with them in a new story.

You got those two events backwards, I think. But otherwise I agree with your point.
        Jeritza first talks about following the blood scent and then the group runs across the dead bandits near their fortress.

But yeah, that chapter is Edelgard just taking full opportunity of the facts that she got Jeritza in a professor position and - frankly - that Kostas dies near Remire and does not retreat to the sacred ground of Zanado. Like, the Church was probably always going to round up the bandits who insulted the Church by attacking their students, and who better for a task like that than Jeritza who happens to actually be working for Edelgard? Even if Jeritza is put in charge of another House, Edelgard can basically just tell him to head to that particular castle anyway.

The only mystery is how Edelgard knew those bandits also held Monica, but I guess that can be hand-waved away by Hubert keeping an eye on Edelgard's 'allies'.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
        This seems like a good excuse to use my switch again. I loved Three Houses so much.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
      • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
        AspectVoid wrote: »

You got those two events backwards, I think. But otherwise I agree with your point.
          Jeritza first talks about following the blood scent and then the group runs across the dead bandits near their fortress.

But yeah, that chapter is Edelgard just taking full opportunity of the facts that she got Jeritza in a professor position and - frankly - that Kostas dies near Remire and does not retreat to the sacred ground of Zanado. Like, the Church was probably always going to round up the bandits who insulted the Church by attacking their students, and who better for a task like that than Jeritza who happens to actually be working for Edelgard? Even if Jeritza is put in charge of another House, Edelgard can basically just tell him to head to that particular castle anyway.

The only mystery is how Edelgard knew those bandits also held Monica, but I guess that can be hand-waved away by Hubert keeping an eye on Edelgard's 'allies'.

Did I? That's what I get for trying to remember stuff from the previous day on half a cup of coffee.
          As for your final mystery, that's sort of why I got the events out of order. I was thinking "Clearly that is a Those who slither in the dark base since Monica is being held there, so Edelgard had her people chase the bandits there, and then Jeritza followed along". I suppose instead it could be implying that Those who slither were using the bandits as extra muscle or allowed them to use the fortress for that job or something instead. In either case, though, I think the fact that Monica is being held there is to imply its actually a Those who slither base, not a bandit base.

PSN|AspectVoid
          edited June 2022
          I’m getting big “ the house leaders becoming so attached and dependent on byleth made the situation worse” vibes but need to see more . So the big problem with hard is that leveling the units is kinda of a pain but once they get going it’s easy street . Also really don’t appreciate the all your phys units level up magic instead , I got enough of that in the normal game Ty !

Mercedes’ is a full blown drain tank that’s pretty cool .

EspantaPajaro on
          So was anyone else freaked out by (mission 2 spoilers, I think it's at least in black eagles and blue lions paths)
          how monica and kronya were in the same place at the same time

that's pretty different, seeing as kronya was just pretending to be monica in the original game, and assumedly solon replaced the actual tomas at some point as well

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
          Do characters that share classes also share movesets? That would be a bit of a bummer, I always prefer character variety cranked as high as possible in musous.

edited June 2022
          Class impressions from what I’ve tried

The best :

Cavaliers and Pegasus- hit hard ,hit fast move fast . Especially with the cavaliers lance powering up the more you attack . You end up with a massive aoe on your normal attack just clearing everything.

Archer - Ashe is destroying everything on hard , massive aoe good dmg and ash’s wind trap is very useful

The ok:

Mercenary- kinda blah which is sad , mercenaries-> hero are some of my favorite units in FE
          Monk- good support lots of self /group healing
          Bandit- wish it had more aoe

The rest:

Armored knight - so so slow , hoping that fortress knight has the damag to make up for it
          Mage - just doesn’t do enough damage to justify being so fragile

Also if anyone is curios the max level for a unit is 15 in the demo.

EspantaPajaro on
          How's the performance? Any better or worse than Hyrule?

This discussion has been closed.