As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I've made Shez cavalry, and I'm trying to put the skill to nullify bonus damage against cavalry on her, but I don't see it. I've mastered all classes, so I think I should have all skills unlocked. Is Shez unable to get that skill? Am I missing something?

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Characters definitely have different learn-sets for the same classes; for instance, Ignatz gets Appraise from Thief and Despoil from Assassin (raise item quality and get gold for KOs, respectively), whereas Petra gets neither, but has attack-improving abilities from those classes (like Lethality from Assassin). So, not every character can get the same abilities and it might very well be that Shez can't get the Cavalry protection ability.

EDIT: As a follow-on to the above, note that you can use X or Y to flip between tabs on the Aquire Class dialog at the Training Master or the Assign Class dialog in the Convoy, one page of which will show you the abilities learned by that character for that class. So you don't have to guess and can identify in advance if a particular set of classes has abilities you want for that character.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    Characters definitely have different learn-sets for the same classes; for instance, Ignatz gets Appraise from Thief and Despoil from Assassin (raise item quality and get gold for KOs, respectively), whereas Petra gets neither, but has attack-improving abilities from those classes (like Lethality from Assassin). So, not every character can get the same abilities and it might very well be that Shez can't get the Cavalry protection ability.

EDIT: As a follow-on to the above, note that you can use X or Y to flip between tabs on the Aquire Class dialog at the Training Master or the Assign Class dialog in the Convoy, one page of which will show you the abilities learned by that character for that class. So you don't have to guess and can identify in advance if a particular set of classes has abilities you want for that character.

Huh, thanks. I've been trying to get everyone to master every class, but not actually paid attention to what they learn when they do.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Starting another run of 3h . My maddening run was on casual so this time I’m going to finish it on classic . No Ng+ though, makes the game too easy and I lose interest .

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    so in 3 hopes i got to a level where it was like "your decisions will super affect things" and i'm just like...what decision?
    it's the level where i'm playing as the federation and rudolph died...maybe i could have saved him somehow?

• Options
    I'm considering replaying 3H. I've done all four paths but never got the DLC. Spoilers question:
    Do you ever learn much about Those Who Slither In The Dark? I remember in Edelgard's path feeling like it was incomplete, we barely learn anything about them, and then the other paths barely interact with them at all. In 3 Hopes they're referred to as Agarthans from Shambala, or something, and I don't remember anything about that from 3 Hopes. Is that all from DLC, or is my memory just utterly failing me?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    so in 3 hopes i got to a level where it was like "your decisions will super affect things" and i'm just like...what decision?
    it's the level where i'm playing as the federation and rudolph died...maybe i could have saved him somehow?
    Yeah, I gather ever route has a main mission where you can complete it without engaging Byleth to recruit them and Jeralt.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I'm considering replaying 3H. I've done all four paths but never got the DLC. Spoilers question:
    Do you ever learn much about Those Who Slither In The Dark? I remember in Edelgard's path feeling like it was incomplete, we barely learn anything about them, and then the other paths barely interact with them at all. In 3 Hopes they're referred to as Agarthans from Shambala, or something, and I don't remember anything about that from 3 Hopes. Is that all from DLC, or is my memory just utterly failing me?

The dlc is it’s own route that doesn’t factor into the others . I think the only real exposition they get is in church route and golden deer. Iirc the place you’re thinking of is one of the last maps of that route, the one with the dubstep.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I found a good exploit for Echoes: retreat mid-battle when things go sideways, the army count stays at the level you left them at.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Sometimes I dearly miss the rescue ability of older games. The one where you carry the unit and protect them , not the staff.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Sometimes I dearly miss the rescue ability of older games. The one where you carry the unit and protect them , not the staff.

I'm reminded of Radiant Dawn's Fiona, who starts with a skill that makes it so that when she's carrying someone, she has similar stats to a non-shitty cavalier without the skill who's carrying someone.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    All right my maddening/classic run has gotten past some of my bigger roadblocks . Namely passing hunting by daybreak without anyone getting killed. I’m really turning around on Annette , don’t know if she is stat blessed but she is destroying everything this run.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Does Celica stay a complete idiot for the entire game? Because this "stop trying to stop this invading country from murdering everyone we love and stealing our lands, you jerk" attitude of hers is not a good look.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    She is very much one of those "I love happiness and puppies" princess archetypes so yeah kinda.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    She is very much one of those "I love happiness and puppies" princess archetypes so yeah kinda.

In all fairness happiness and puppies are pretty awesome.

• Options
    It's interesting how Alm and Celica's armies each have completely different specializations. Celica's healer has the ability to make a clone brigade and ranged fighters, while Alm has more tanky soldiers(and glass cannons).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Azure moon maddening/classic done with no deaths . I cannot tell you how fast I ran out of curses for whoever decided the last boss should have a 99% coverage ballista attack with 10% crit. Add the fact that you cannot block the first wave of endless reinforcement ( first wave being the siege mages ) and the map can quickly snowball out of control.

And now for the needless tribalism, Blue lions are the best and I cannot fathom playing other houses . The bash bros of Dmitri/Dedue/Felix/Slyvain and dodge tanks of Byleth and Ingrid are just too good. The only OOH that gets use are the dlc units ( in some runs ) and Lysethia ( because she is by far the best mage in the game )

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Wrapped up Scarlet Blaze. I know the Hopes team didn't want to make a Golden Ending, because they thought a Golden Ending might end up invalidating all the Three Houses endings, but I think Scarlet Blaze is about as close to a Golden Ending as it's possible to get given the setting.

I'll probably end up playing Golden Wildfire as well at some point. I want to see Claude's scheming for myself.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    somehow in 3 hopes i missed the dancer class quest and i think i have to play through the whole thing again to get it? i'm on the final chapter of golden deer so i'll guess we'll see. if there's one thing i love about this game "It's Bernies' time to shine!" is probably the pick. But there are more than one thing, there are many things.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    somehow in 3 hopes i missed the dancer class quest and i think i have to play through the whole thing again to get it? i'm on the final chapter of golden deer so i'll guess we'll see. if there's one thing i love about this game "It's Bernies' time to shine!" is probably the pick. But there are more than one thing, there are many things.

I think you can see the record keeper person and replay to get the mission, but I might be wrong about that one.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

Every time you pick Bernadetta, she starts with an upbeat "It's Bernie's time to shine!", but then when you give her an order she immediately shifts to a nervous "Hope this goes OK". Which gets a bit silly after a while.

Though, I guess, it isn't entirely out of character.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Every time you pick Bernadetta, she starts with an upbeat "It's Bernie's time to shine!", but then when you give her an order she immediately shifts to a nervous "Hope this goes OK". Which gets a bit silly after a while.

Though, I guess, it isn't entirely out of character.

If you're going to ("Everything would be lost if I were to die here") complain about repeated voice lines, then ("I can't fight like this, I'm bleedin' all over the place!") there are better examples to ("A taste more bitter than blackest coffee...") pick from.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Ingrid please honey I love you but please get strength why do you insist on getting magic . PLEASE. Ashe has gotten more strength !

• Options
    edited August 2022
    God I hate oath of the dagger , there is way too many sources of high range high magical dmg that can also crit . I have never seen a 4-9% chance proc so many goddam times , the enemy averages 30 % hit rate and they still always hit me . I’ve cleared the entire map only to game over because the boss just decided to crit 5/6 pulses in a row with single digit crit. It’s infuriating.

Random thoughts :

Not even felix can make swordsmaster more then mediocre.
    Dodge tank Ingrid is fun if unreliable. Can kill mages but not much else then chip.
    Ashe ended up decent but again not much use other then hunters volley for chip.
    Playing in house units only ( and ashen wolves, but pretty much just Hapi ) was pretty fun . No warp(till much later) or dark spikes made the death knight levels at the start really scary.
    It doesn’t matter if Dedue misses 3 chapters and you can’t train Dimitry , they don’t need it and will destroy the game on any difficulty
    Getting every student to b and having some just never ask to join is really annoying . Even got Ferdinand and Caspar to join by getting the skills they wanted since their b support is locked till after the TS
    Getting really good at just running through azure moon, but Jesus fort Mercer and oath of the dagger will always take a few attempts.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Ingrid please honey I love you but please get strength why do you insist on getting magic . PLEASE. Ashe has gotten more strength !

One playthrough, Caspar got so much Magic and so little Strength that he ended up with a Magic stat higher than his Strength stat. I don't know what the odds are on that, but they can't have been good.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Random thoughts :

Sounds like bad stat rolls to me. Swordmaster was always one of the strongest classes for me. Could dodge everything. Could hit everything 100%. Just a total beast of a class in my 2.5 playthroughs.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Random thoughts :

Sounds like bad stat rolls to me. Swordmaster was always one of the strongest classes for me. Could dodge everything. Could hit everything 100%. Just a total beast of a class in my 2.5 playthroughs.

In maddening? Hitting things isn’t the problem it’s not getting bodied in the counterattack , enemies are too fast to double and too accurate to dodge without alert stance outside mages . Endgame warriors and warmasters will one round anyone outside Dimitry and Dedue. Swordmaster just isn’t as good as warmaster which is what I typically run on felix, or grappler for quick riposte .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Fire Emblem: Engage announced.

https://youtu.be/3ExaJIB5Phk

January 20.

Andy Joe on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    marth's back

in pog form

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    After Three Houses' 'feudalism and theocracy are bad, actually' plot, I'm not all that pumped about a Fire Emblem that seems to go back to its simpler roots of Good VS Evil (Dragon). Even 3H's earlier trailers had Edelgard talking about how Crests are to blame for this brutal, irrational world we live in. Nothing like that can be found here, it would seem.

Although this trailer does correctly identify Lyn as the protagonist of FE7, so it's got that going for it.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    After Three Houses' 'feudalism and theocracy are bad, actually' plot, I'm not all that pumped about a Fire Emblem that seems to go back to its simpler roots of Good VS Evil (Dragon). Even 3H's earlier trailers had Edelgard talking about how Crests are to blame for this brutal, irrational world we live in. Nothing like that can be found here, it would seem.

Although this trailer does correctly identify Lyn as the protagonist of FE7, so it's got that going for it.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if there are more lord stands to fusion dance with than just the 12

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I like complex political stories. I like simple good vs evil stories. Just make sure you give me memorable, likable characters and I will be happy with a Fire Emblem game.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    I'm probably in the minority that I wasn't really enjoying the "walk around in the school" parts of Three Houses (although I'm not very far in it). I'm assuming this game will probably follow the same formula so I'll have to think about this one.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So 12 rings of power engaging you to the lords of old, and what was probably the One Ring the big bad gets to use engaging them to the greatest villain of all

kypygprya38m.png
    Gachaos1b0yiey11a.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority that I wasn't really enjoying the "walk around in the school" parts of Three Houses (although I'm not very far in it). I'm assuming this game will probably follow the same formula so I'll have to think about this one.

Yeah thank goodness you could fast travel through the school and achieve like 90% of what you needed to do with it.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I see Lyn. The game will be mine.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    So that’s where all the Colgate kun jokes are coming from . The rumors were real , huh.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The hell is that hair, seriously.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Yes, I too will wear Lyn's engage(ment) ring.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Lyn is the worst lord of all the games I played .

This discussion has been closed.