As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

They advanced the PLOT?! Warhammer 40k casual lore

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    We shall see
    p2h95mmya3up.png

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    The Squats are returning.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    Edith Upwards
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    The Squats are returning.

Well the Tyranids are apparently running from something ...

So squats it is!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    CHAOS SQUATS.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    CHAOS SQUATS.

Ooh, I've had that after too much Thai food.

TonkkaAuralynxGnome-InterruptusShortyZibblsnrt3cl1ps3tzeentchlingdarunia106SnicketysnickDarmakKane Red RobeSkwigelfFiendishrabbitKristmas KthulhuHacksawsarukunLord_AsmodeusTynnan
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Do we have any Age of Sigmar guys in here who can tell me in a general way whether I can buy the Flesh-Eater Courts box, then later beef it out with a bunch of cool ghosts and skeletons and regular vampires should I want to set a bunch of money on fire?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    The Pfhor?

New faction is Adeptus Custodes!

New Codex for Thousand Sons!

New Battletome for Legions of Nagash!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

TonkkaGnome-Interruptus
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The things that forced the hive fleets into terrified flight to the blackness, that drove an endless hunger bolting like a kicked dog into the endless void between galaxies. The tyranids were followed.

Edit: aw I was late on my random and sleep deprived speculation

Metzger Meister on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Those Custodes models are very pretty.

I will probably paint at least one of them.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Way too much gold. Looks too baroque for me. I've never appreciated the Custodes.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Gnome-InterruptusEdith Upwards
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    Way too much gold. Looks too baroque for me. I've never appreciated the Custodes.

Too... baroque?

?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I definitely think the Custodes ought to be fluff only. Having them as a fully fledged army is a bit like having The Ark of the Covenant as your battle tank, such things are meant to be hidden from most people. The times you see or hear them are meant to be legend.

But I feel similarly about the Primaris Marines and Rowbooty coming back too, so I guess 40k is moving in a different direction now.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Vic wrote: »

Too... baroque?

?

d0o8zekie1lb.jpg

Children's rights are human rights.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Do we have any Age of Sigmar guys in here who can tell me in a general way whether I can buy the Flesh-Eater Courts box, then later beef it out with a bunch of cool ghosts and skeletons and regular vampires should I want to set a bunch of money on fire?

Word is it's a fun army and you get cool things

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Too... baroque?

?

d0o8zekie1lb.jpg

Too much gold and flair, even for 40k.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    That's unpossible. You cannot be over blinged in 40k.

Elaro wrote: »

Too... baroque?

?

d0o8zekie1lb.jpg

Too much gold and flair, even for 40k.

Well they have watched and waited since the 30k

Tonkka
    I heard a thing somewhere that if your purchase the models, you can paint them any way you want.

DarmakBrainleech
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I agree in thinking a Custodes army shouldn't be released.

These guys are to space marines what space marines are to normal humans. They have to start the process when the Custodes are infants.

The genetic compatibility requirements are so strict, there are only 10,000 of them despite having the entire Imperium to recruit from. They're also (bar being killed in combat or an accident) immortal. It's just too much to have as an army unless you nerf them OR make them hideously expensive points wise.

TonkkaDouglasDanger
    The jetbikes do look boss though

TonkkaGvzbgulBrainleech
    Karl wrote: »

These guys are to space marines what space marines are to normal humans. They have to start the process when the Custodes are infants.

The genetic compatibility requirements are so strict, there are only 10,000 of them despite having the entire Imperium to recruit from. They're also (bar being killed in combat or an accident) immortal. It's just too much to have as an army unless you nerf them OR make them hideously expensive points wise.

I remember when GW (well, Citadel) made models of stuff, just because!

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    :(

I'm assuming he's keeping his promise about writing until they're all dead.

I think the one after this

Too... baroque?

?

I say,

If it isn't baroque....

...don't fix it!
    :cool:

valhalla130stopgapdarunia106IronKnuckle's GhostKristmas KthulhuitalianranmaLord_AsmodeusDescendant X
    edited January 2018
    Bugger, should've bought some Games Workshop stock last year:
    The stock surged 269 per cent last year, the best performance of any stock on the FTSE All Share index by a wide margin.

Last year seems to have been very good for Games Workshop.

https://www.ft.com/content/6b8a147f-33cd-33fd-a3a4-bc62bb3ed5b4

SharpyVII on
    Gnome-Interruptus

Yeah, but the other 40k tradition is unending escalation. The Imperium is reforming, but on the ropes. If you don't deploy your reserves now, what's the point?

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I thought the Custodes were always defending Holy Terra in a continuous siege type situation.

That rift is sealed so for some fucking reason they've been sitting on their arses until Robute told them to pull their finger out

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    That rift is sealed so for some fucking reason they've been sitting on their arses until Robute told them to pull their finger out

Well I mean to be fair they were fighting a constant 10,000+ year war, they kind of deserved a vacation.

The rift was sealed during the Horus Heresy

They've been fucking about. Lazy banana headed fuck wits. They did fuck all until Siege of Terra 2: Fucking hell, not this shit again

The "lore excuse" is the Lords of Terra who run the Imperium were a bunch of infighting, sometimes cowardly bastards only caring about keeping Earth secure. Who Robot threw under the bus after his Resurrection and said, "Ok boys, time to get back to Crusading," and the Custodes went "Yay!".

I think realizing how pointless it was to have such a force of warriors just loafing around, looking after a very important piece of jerky, other writers introduced the idea the Custodes hunted Chaos cults on Terra. And also imported Ork Warbosses, Lichtors, Dark Evles etc and set them loose, in the Imperial Palace, to hunt to keep their skills sharp. Which is crazy, and fun at the same time.

NewblarGnome-Interruptus
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I almost feel like “most elite fighting force of warriors in the galaxy” and “been sitting around doing nothing for 10,000 years dont go together very well

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    ShortymanwiththemachinegunDouglasDangerCouscousAndy JoeKane Red RobeHacksawLord_Asmodeus
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Prior to now the Imperium wasn’t really in danger though. It was being slowly nibbled to death on all sides sure, but as a whole it was just too big for the damage caused to have any noticeable immediate effect. There was more danger of it just collapsing under its own rotten weight from corrupt administration, which a bunch of glorious golden soldiers with guns on sticks would be woefully ill equipped to handle.

But the current situation is a real danger, right now, of everything literally going to hell. There’s visible, credible threats that they can shoot at. You can’t charge the jet bike squad at bureaucracy, but a bunch of monsters stumbling around on the Imperial Palace’s front lawn is something they’re capable of dealing with.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Anything new going on with the necrons? Other then the orcs they were always one of my favorites.

EspantaPajaro on
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    They killed their gods and have personalities now. They're closer to the Warhammer tomb kings.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    They killed their gods and have personalities now. They're closer to the Warhammer tomb kings.

I am reading the second Sisters of Battle book right now, and the necrons are actually fairly interesting villains.

Gvzbgul wrote: »

Seems legit, now excuse me I have work to attend to.
    gqw2j9cbfklc.png

Moriveth
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Have the Tau taken over everything yet, or?

Odd
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ
    It's Morthai so I know little of what happened at the end times of Warhammer I am very happy and curious to see where GW takes this

Have the Tau taken over everything yet, or?

I think their latest sphere of expansion stalled because dear lord they were not ready for the terrors of the galaxy.

The ethereals are pulling a "no, demons and chaos don't exist" and we all know how that worked out for the Imperium.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Should be a bit more difficult now, too, with that big warp rift right next to them.

And then there's that necron dynasty they're sitting on top of.

This discussion has been closed.