As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

They advanced the PLOT?! Warhammer 40k casual lore

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I went to the Games Workshop and the guy there gave me a promo (Fantasy) model to practice stuff on

Except I don’t remember what it’s called and I do not have instructions so I can’t figure out how to put this together
    kRQTlzm.jpg

What is this?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    That is an Easy to Build Sequitor of the Sacrosanct Chamber sub faction of the Stormcast Eternals, I believe.

Having a hard time finding instructions though.

• Options
    That's enough to let me figure it out from pictures, thanks

There's some weird manuevers you have to do to snap these things together

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Found someone who'd converted up a knight armiger using a lego knight helmet

and it looked good

So i might have gone and bought two of said helmets for my own conversions

being able to buy a couple bucks worth of bits off ebay or whereever is going to ruin me

Lalabox on
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I’m deep in with Kill Team, but oddly enough mostly for making terrain boards. Having a small area that needs a heavy amount of terrain means you can make some really unique boards. I’ve got a thick deathworld jungle set I’m painting up right now, and a train yard I’m waiting on bits for. I really want to make a foldable carrying box for terrain that opens up into a board to put it on now, but my carpentry skills are pretty awful.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    are Fantasy models generally bigger, or is that just for the Easy Build ones?

cause these are like twice the size of my 40k models

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    are Fantasy models generally bigger, or is that just for the Easy Build ones?

cause these are like twice the size of my 40k models

The Stormcast are large in general, like in relations to the rest of the fantasy range. But also it’s that a lot of the current Age of Sigmar range (as compared to the old Warhammer Fantasy range) is new and as GW has gotten better and better at plastic their models have become larger and more detailed.

Here is a new Deathguard and new Primaris Marine model standing next to an old marine, for example:

comparativa-marines-death-guard.jpg

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Primaris are.....bestmaris?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Has this been posted over here? Saw it in the CF 40k thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWCjfUcBTI

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I dig it , rogue traders always seemed like they lived a super interesting (even for 40k) life .

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They’re basically the only humans left with true freedom. Even Inquisitors have their Duty but a Rogue Trader’s job is literally “find interesting stuff, make money, using only this kilometre long starship and these ten thousand crew.”

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Well use only that ship until you buy more and recreate the east India company...BUT IN SPACE! Kinda makes me wish there were good 40k animation projects or that most of the video games were better .

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Oh yeah, a 40k Space RTS/RPG sorta like Elite but with FPS bits as well would be amazing. Possibly also the first 40k game where the first response to anything isn’t automatically “shoot it!” Followed by “what do you mean ‘it’s angry now’? It’s supposed to be dead! Shoot it harder!”

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    This is cool, a new endless spell for Age of Sigmar:

4i1oewcuxxxd.jpg

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

4i1oewcuxxxd.jpg

I forsee Chaos Dorfs in AoS's future, which might actually get me into it and encourage me to finish all of my War of Kings Abyssal Dwarfs

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it's likely for the beastmen update that has been rumored, but I don't think anybody would object to them bringing back silly hats

• Options
    also can we talk about how great nurgle names are

Gutrot Spume is my personal fav

• Options

4i1oewcuxxxd.jpg

I forsee Chaos Dorfs in AoS's future, which might actually get me into it and encourage me to finish all of my War of Kings Abyssal Dwarfs

Chaos dwarves in blood bowl give me fits , I hate that op team . I also realize that bloodbowl is its own thing now and not related to mainline WH but god the mention of that team enrages me.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

4i1oewcuxxxd.jpg

Chaos dwarves in blood bowl give me fits , I hate that op team . I also realize that bloodbowl is its own thing now and not related to mainline WH but god the mention of that team enrages me.

the only person i knew of that played warhammer and blood bowl an epoch ago was a huge chaos dwarf fan he had the whole range painted and played eith them. He was quite broken hearted when they were pushed aside a a small trivia in the rulebook even more so as a rumor in warhammer quest

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Chaos Dwarves have some of the best and most unique aesthetics. There's not many models that take inspiration from Mesopotamia like they do.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    also can we talk about how great nurgle names are

Gutrot Spume is my personal fav

Nurgle is just great in general. Those new Death Guard models are gorgeous.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Chaos Dwarves have some of the best and most unique aesthetics. There's not many models that take inspiration from Mesopotamia like they do.

It's such a bummer how the Foregeworld versions sucked out all the flavour completely.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    I am incredibly pumped for the (very likely) possibility of Chaos Dwarves appearing in Total Warhammer 3. Heavy dwarven infantry, awesome war machines AND monsters? An embarrassment of riches!

• Options
    edited August 2018
    -SPI- wrote: »

It's such a bummer how the Foregeworld versions sucked out all the flavour completely.

They kinda have and haven’t really; those dudes aren’t regular Chaos Dwarves: they’re filthy debtors on punishment detail/sold into slavery by their creditors until they earn back enough to buy a proper hat or die trying. And they all die trying because those masks with no nose or mouth-holes are welded on.
    The regular dudes you’re familiar with are all still there back at the big ziggurat… or they were until the planet exploded….

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    They’re basically the only humans left with true freedom. Even Inquisitors have their Duty but a Rogue Trader’s job is literally “find interesting stuff, make money, using only this kilometre long starship and these ten thousand crew.”
    Rogue traders still need to follow rules, even if the rules they have may be less strict.
    Like some might be confined to certain areas of space, or need to constantly move their operations into certain direction, and thats the original, signed by the bloody emperor himself, rogue traders.
    The newer charters will have lot less freedom, and be far more in danger of getting their charter revoked if they piss of wrong people.

But compared to average imperial citizen, yeah, they have way more freedom.

• Options
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Rogue traders still need to follow rules, even if the rules they have may be less strict.
    Like some might be confined to certain areas of space, or need to constantly move their operations into certain direction, and thats the original, signed by the bloody emperor himself, rogue traders.
    The newer charters will have lot less freedom, and be far more in danger of getting their charter revoked if they piss of wrong people.

Still though , there is some appeal to a character going “No? Really, because I have this contract signed by the god emperor himself that says fuck you I do what I want!” Whenever someone tries to deny him the ability to do something.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »

Still though , there is some appeal to a character going “No? Really, because I have this contract signed by the god emperor himself that says fuck you I do what I want!” Whenever someone tries to deny him the ability to do something.
    True, but sometimes the contract says you do something no matter how much you don't want, and there's the whole imperium ready to make sure you do.

Also, some parts of the ecclesiarchy might think it's better if you did not do, well, anything, at all, ever, and that charter with god emperors thumb print or whatever was better kept in the local cathedral.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »

They kinda have and haven’t really; those dudes aren’t regular Chaos Dwarves: they’re filthy debtors on punishment detail/sold into slavery by their creditors until they earn back enough to buy a proper hat or die trying. And they all die trying because those masks with no nose or mouth-holes are welded on.
    The regular dudes you’re familiar with are all still there back at the big ziggurat… or they were until the planet exploded….

In fact the crews for the Forge world artillery are very much your traditional chaos dwarfs.

• Options
    So I have a bunch of old Tyranid models my friend helped me paint a long time ago, and he was pretty busy with his own stuff so he didn't really do the wash/drybrush thing and apart from teeth and eyes and stuff he didn't really add any flair or anything, which was fine but it's something I never got around to either. Now I'm wondering what to do with them. For now I'm just putting a gloss wash on some Hormagaunts to test out how it looks, but I'm wondering what other things I should do. For reference, they have like fair-tan humanoid skin coloring and beetle-black carapace for their armor and claws. I kind of like the look but my first minor issue is I can't precisely match the paint he used for the skin, and the other is that I want to tie these guys to my Ktulu/Lovecraftian Genestealer Cult and I feel like they're missing a bit of something for that.

• Options
    Nearly a week later, I am finally done assembling everything in the Kill Team box
    pUTQc1j.jpg
    vF3Npcl.jpg

I definitely screwed the terrain all up and gave up because I am not spending hours painstaking assembling a building that's supposed to be destroyed anyway, and also somehow ran out of appropriate pieces so one of my Skitarii Rangers is just legs because the only legs I had left won't fit in the only cloak I had left

but I'm done!

now to find time to play, which I will have...at some point...probably

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    You bought the extra set of Joy cons just to have a blue set?

Sigh I know I have a ton of Wytches for the Drukkari/Ynnari but that kill team set and the death world are really tempting

• Options
    I can't decide if I want rubric marines or harlequins for a kill team

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I can't decide if I want rubric marines or harlequins for a kill team
    Por qué no los dos?

Killteam has me buying so much plastic to make teams I likely won't play but feel I NEED in my life.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What are the kill team factions?

I want to do like, chaos, but not marines or demons? They got like... cultists?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Playing through Deathwing enhanced edition because I didn't realize it was a separate install, like these new huge enemies that come at you with a giant mining laser.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

I don't know if they're in kill team but traitor guard has always been a thing

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

I don't know if they're in kill team but traitor guard has always been a thing

yeah that's kinda what I was thinking, sounds up my alley.

I ought to look into it.

• Options
    Nothing keeping you from using guard rules and converting up traitor guard.

My kill team is Gue’vesa using Guard rules.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

Here's an overview of all the factions and the units they use.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/06/kill-team-faction-focus-index/

honovere on
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

each faction gets a limited set of units to draw from, you could do cultists but it would be difficult.

units available to each faction....
    Asurayani - guardian defender / storm guardian / ranger / dire avenger
    Drukhari - kabalite warrior / wych
    Harlequins - players

Necrons - necron warrior / immortal / flayed one / deathmark
    Orks - ork boy / gretchen / kommando / burna boy / loota
    T'au - fire warrior / pathfinder / breacher / stealth suit / drones (gun / shield / marker / guardian / grav-inhibitor / pulse accelerator / recon)
    Tyranid - termagant / hormagaunt / lictor / tyranid warrior / genestealer
    Genestealer Cults - acolyte hybrids / aberrant / neophyte hybrid / hybrid metamorph

Adeptus Astartes - scout / tactical marine / reiver / intercessor
    Deathwatch - deathwatch veteran
    Grey Knights - grey knight
    Astra Militarum - infantry squad guardsman / special weapons squad guardsman / militarum tempestus scion
    Adeptus Mechanicus - skitarii ranger / skitarii vanguard / sicarian ruststalker / sicarian infiltrator

Chaos Space Marines - chaos marines / cultists
    DeathGuard - plague marines / poxwalker
    Thousand Sons - rubrics / tzaangors

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
This discussion has been closed.