Options

They advanced the PLOT?! Warhammer 40k casual lore

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Not to leave out the condemnor boltgun favoured by some inquisitors and the sisters of battle: a bolter with a crossbow glued on top.
    99120108034_SoBCanonessLead.jpg

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    9madmz1fqjm0.jpg

This veteran witch hunter has seen hundreds of witches, heretics, and living dead burned at the stake during his illustrious career. Armed with a holy pistol and his trusty rune-etched broadsword, Galen ven Denst can slay the vilest creatures and even banish endless spells with a determined strike from his blessed weapons. He may be long in the tooth but, make no mistake, nothing gets between this grim huntsman and his quarry.

In recent years, Galen ven Denst rarely works alone – he’s often accompanied by his fellow witch hunter, who also happens to be his daughter, Doralia ven Denst.
    w1148u06jqdq.jpg

The family that slays together...

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Not to leave out the condemnor boltgun favoured by some inquisitors and the sisters of battle: a bolter with a crossbow glued on top.
    99120108034_SoBCanonessLead.jpg

Is it just me, or does she look like Samuel L. Jackson in a wig? Not complaining, mind, it's just that the face strikes me as oddly masculine. Which, again, is fine, but I was wondering if the impression was widespread.

ETA: Of course, now that I've voiced my impression, the visage is starting to look more feminine, but still. Odd.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The SoB sculpts are pretty good in general. But GWs had issues with women's faces since forever. I've heard that the 'Eavy Metal (the official GW painters) style doesn't work so well and tends to make figures look mannish.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Given the racquet in her hand, that is clearly a direct descendant of the Williams sisters.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The old sisters of battle art from 3rd ed made them look like 80s goth beauty queens in power armour replete with perfect lipstick, sneers and bob cuts and that absolutely awakened something in young Solar

It's also just fucking rad art

ccvs2s4229zm.png

zr34m4bb2gnf.png

n8unjk4nw29b.png

Solar on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    one time, I got paid to write a story about somebody's like, original content Sisters of Battle squad

they sent me an enumerated and lengthy list of the members and their personalities and likes and dislikes and examples of how they talk

it was actually kind of nice to have someone else do the legwork for me, character speaking, and I could just write about how they annihilated some greenskins and had unresolved romantic tension.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    he new sisters models have probably the best faces/heads Gw managed to release in like ever. And there's actually a big variety in styles and types and dicernale differences in age in there.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I have a box of the new sisters I've been meaning to do up as a painting project sometime and it's a really nice kit. I was tempted to start up an army but then I remembered writing 40k lists gives me a headache, way too many weapon options and upgrades per squad for my taste.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Yeah, I have a box of the new sisters I've been meaning to do up as a painting project sometime and it's a really nice kit. I was tempted to start up an army but then I remembered writing 40k lists gives me a headache, way too many weapon options and upgrades per squad for my taste.

I bought 1 box of battle sisters to use as a KT. According to BS, this is 100 pts exactly (warcom lists it at like 95 pts):
    • Sister superiour with combi-plasma (leader)
    • Sister gunner with HB (heavy)
    • Sister gunner with HF (demolitions)
    • Sister with simulacrum (comms)
    • 5x battle sisters with bolters

You can build all of them with no conversions/extra bits necessary.

Edit: The last sister can be built with sb in case you want to swap out the hb. Also whith no conversions.

[Expletive deleted] on
  • Options
    Incidentally, as a pure painting project, the triumph of st katherine looks amazing.
    99120108037_TriumphofKatherine02.jpg

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I bought 1 box of battle sisters to use as a KT. According to BS, this is 100 pts exactly (warcom lists it at like 95 pts):

Edit: The last sister can be built with sb in case you want to swap out the hb. Also whith no conversions.

I'm sure this is very true and quite helpful, though I don't know that there's much of a KT scene in my area, but if I do that I'm left with a bunch of leftover special weapons and stuff!

I start writing lists and then get stuck with thoughts of 'but what if I want to use flamers instead of bolters in another list down the line?? I'd have to buy a whole other box!' and then decide it's not worth the trouble, I'll just stick with fantasy where units are less granular.

• Options
    edited April 2021

I'm sure this is very true and quite helpful, though I don't know that there's much of a KT scene in my area, but if I do that I'm left with a bunch of leftover special weapons and stuff!

I start writing lists and then get stuck with thoughts of 'but what if I want to use flamers instead of bolters in another list down the line?? I'd have to buy a whole other box!' and then decide it's not worth the trouble, I'll just stick with fantasy where units are less granular.

I have literally never played a game of kt; it's just an excuse for a painting project. (And you're literally not allowed to use flamers instead of bolters (sob have almost no option in kt), but I understand that's not the point.) Since I will never really use them, who gives a shit exactly how they're loaded out?

Might I suggest making a small diorama? I'm currently making a book nook out of plywood, paper mache, and a reaper bones monster I had lying around.

[Expletive deleted] on
  • Options

Have you considered magnetising your miniatures?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Sometimes they are so tiny it's not worth the effort

• Options
    By the current rules and with only battle sisters, a kt will always have:
    - Sister superior leader
    - Sister gunner with hb or sb heavy
    - Sister gunner with hf or flamer demolitions
    - Sister with boltgun and simulacrum comms
    - Bolter sisters until you run out of points

You can't have more than 1 superior and 2 gunners, so 2 special/heavy weapons is max, plus arms for superior. (Strict wysiwyg seems pointless to me in such cases as this.)

But who knows what they'll do in the future, ruleswise.

• Options

Trying to magnetise tiny infantry weapons is an exercise in frustration, it's fine, like I say I'll do them up as a painting project at some point.

• Options
    So I was debating since I got the paint what to do first as I sadly know I will need to get more cans of primer no matter what I did first
    At 3am in the yard light I primed whatever was on the keyboard that I did not put away. The stuff I did not put away
    I started a wych cult hekatrix since she would not fit in the plano and I wanted to see how the colors I picked out would look
    This is what I have done so far
    063ili0qitf4.pngjcbu2qqxgvae.png

• Options

Trying to magnetise tiny infantry weapons is an exercise in frustration, it's fine, like I say I'll do them up as a painting project at some point.

Go nuts! They're cool minis.

My KT suggestions were only to give some direction to the assembly. This helps focus me; even if I will never actually use them for a game, the fiction that I will is helpful. And, on the off chance I do get to play with them, they're a legal KT (or were when I made them).

If I wanted to stop pretending, I think they'd go into a diorama.

• Options
    I'll probably just build them however looks coolest, I don't really have space for a diorama setup.
    Also they're kind of down at the bottom of my painting queue right now as I've got a copy of Cursed City on the way and I haven't had chance to expand my Slaanesh army with any of the new mortal units yet.

• Options
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    One of my favorite things about Warhammer (as a casual fan) is that I'm never 100% sure whether models like that are 40k or AoS. Torch and crossbow have me pretty sure AoS but if you told me there was an Imperium order that used flintlock pistols for hunting demons I'd buy it.

40K tech being as wacky as it is I'm sure there's flintlock, matchlock and wheellock bolters out there. Somehow.

The adeptus mechanicus, the machine cargo cult that supplies most of the imperium's tech and weapons equips the bulk of its own soldiers with guns that are basically all 19th and first half of 20th century technology. They do go a bit esoteric with the ammunitions though. Like wooden stock flintlock rifles that fire self steering bullets with emp charges, or carbines with enriched uranium ammo.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Admech's two basic infantry weapons are SMLE-based mini-railguns and MP40s that shoots cancer bullets.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Honestly as someone who plays and loves AdMech I'm continually disappointed that the rest of their guns aren't nearly that zany

Like you have Eradication Beamers which are straight-up just 50s ray guns, and then the next closest thing is, like, "this is a machine gun that shoots white phosphorous tracers"

Which is nasty but not campy enough

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    I think I might have just talked myself into liking the dumb Kastellan models actually

uH3IcEi.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    still mad about what they did to the transuranic arquebus

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Did it get nerfed?
    Monwyn wrote: »
    I think I might have just talked myself into liking the dumb Kastellan models actually

I'm 50/50 on the doofy robots & the shock-priests (and their variant, that escapes me), but I just don't like the servitors who've had their legs replaced with caterpillar treads. I really like the rest of the AM line so far, though. But it's pretty typical for my experiences with wh40k that the units I'm not a fan of seemed to be the ones that got the most hype as must-include for build lists.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Admech's two basic infantry weapons are SMLE-based mini-railguns and MP40s that shoots cancer bullets.

https://youtu.be/QJZkx6huor0

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Did it get nerfed?

7e skitarii infantry had the Relentless rule where they could move and still fire their heavy weapons normally. Arquebuses were the only really applicable weapon but the rule made Skitarii a weirdly mobile army.

8e removed all of the weird mobility and to this date the transuranic arquebus is literally the only weapon in the entire game that you cannot move and fire with.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Ah, bummer.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    They're getting a new codex this month so that might get rectified.

Disappointing there is just that the new skitarii leader they're getting is not some kind of skitarii alpha as described in the background but just a regular guy with a pistol and a stick.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Disappointing there is just that the new skitarii leader they're getting is not some kind of skitarii alpha as described in the background but just a regular guy with a pistol and a stick.

A stick, you say? Is it pointy?

• Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    It's a rod of command, right? So he'll be buffing his buddies in some way.

• Options
    Grudge wrote: »

Spare the rod and spoil the skitarii I always say.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

So, what is a skitarii alpha then, if not a command-modified skitarii?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    They're like a regular skitarii but with real long legs, regular otherwisr but like real long stiltman stilt legs not stilts though all real leg

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

So, what is a skitarii alpha then, if not a command-modified skitarii?

Alphas were always described as being way more cyborgyfied than the rank and file skitarii, like halfway to a techpriest but more focused on guns and blades and strength. More appendages, more weird stuff. Like maybe a ruststalker on mechanical steroids or something.

• Options
    Grudge wrote: »

Spare the rod and spoil the skitarii I always say.

So the Mechanicus truly has lost the technology of the pointy stick. We may have a chance after all.

• Options
    I know they have shown stills and compilations of the forth coming animations
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad4BrJitN88
    I just wish they would bring one out already

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Can I interest you in a big metal friendly* Necromundan mining automata?

*citation needed

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    The scraped paint is awesome.

Twitch: Thawmus83
This discussion has been closed.