As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Beauty and the Beast & Village Victory!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    What's nine questions?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    He asked nine questions and you answer them. Not doing so means punishment.

• Options
    Ok but I'm about to stop posting so I don't really have much time for answers

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    What's nine questions?
    It's like twenty questions, but you only get nine.

Let's say you're working with with someone behind the scenes, and they ask you to vig somebody. Who would that be?

• Options
    Probably jaykaos?

• Options
    But yeah, wouldn't surprised if you're an SK Belle niw

• Options
    Interesting. Next question. You're traveling alone through the woods, when you come across SeGaTai. They've fallen from their horse, and have broken a leg. You don't stop to help them.

Why didn't you help them, discrider?

• Options
    He seems capable of breaking his own horse legs?
    This doesn't exactly seem to be something I should be helping him with..

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Interesting. Next question. You're traveling alone through the woods, when you come across SeGaTai. They've fallen from their horse, and have broken a leg. You don't stop to help them.

Why didn't you help them, discrider?

Voight-Kampf?

Also, I've been bitten. I'm paranoid, afraid of water, and can't sleep. :(

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Is SeGaTai a centaur?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Day Seven: Meanwhile in the Young Adult Section...

The Guard had grown weary lately. It wasn’t the hopelessness of being attacked by a pack of oddly intelligent wolves. It wasn’t facing down murderers, beasts, failures of democracy. It was that everyone seemed to be quite certain he wasn’t there. It takes a toll on a man when he hears he isn’t there everyday.

The town had a heated last minute discussion but decided to kill Green. As they struck him dead, a wordless predatory cry of hatred and fury breaks the night. Everyone leaves the body in terror and prays for their safety. Morning seemed like a good time to check out who or what they had slain.

Of Green only some teeth could be found. The town lamented the loss of their dentist once more.

SeGaTai was found torn apart in the woods. Oddly enough, a large powerful wolf lay in a pool of blood. Uncountable tiny wounds dotted its back. Its mouth had a peculiar pinkish froth around it. JayKaos’s jaw still had small scraps of human skin on it. It had recently bit someone.

At the encouragement of the town, our hero set out to accomplish the impossible. But what was out of reach in a time of beasts and supernatural wolves? Singular, unsettling tales suggested that the book covered in occult symbols and wrapped in some sort of exotic leather had a fabulous and unnamable power within. With relic and ritual he bent every effort to the recovery of its secrets, although conventional wisdom held that reading and thinking were dangerous pastimes. As the hour of midnight arrived, the torches were lit, the blood was spilled, and a darkness that breathed pulsed. The birds screeched and flew away, the wolves howled, lightning flashed, thunder crashed, and all was silent.

The Dead:
    Green - The Vote
    SeGaTai - Guard
    JayKaos - Slavering Wolf

By hateful curse or malign miracle, it seems even death may be defied in this damnable place:

Phoenix-D

PMs are OUT. Everyone voted. YOU GUYS I AM SO HAPPY!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I mean admittedly I might be partial to breaking legs if my horse throws me, but stepping in for someone else seems like it wouldn't help with their stress release at all.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Only mostly dead!

...might have been someone more useful than a two for one vote special but hey. Phoenix is alliiiiiiiive.

• Options

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Well, I think we've learned Gaston II can resurrect people, but I guess they thought we were still trying for dentistry?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Oh.right.
    Better than a vindictive Gaston

discrider on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Well, I think we've learned Gaston II can resurrect people, but I guess they thought we were still trying for dentistry?

I have no idea what's going on with the inspire vote. Has it gone as planned publicaly once?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I guess I owe @SeGaTai an apology. People who outed themselves, or had been declared as seered village kept getting killed that day despite seeming like the obvious choice to guard. In hindsight I suppose he might've been roleblocked a bunch?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Only mostly dead!

...might have been someone more useful than a two for one vote special but hey. Phoenix is alliiiiiiiive.

I suspect Phoenix D was the only choice

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    I guess I owe @SeGaTai an apology. People who outed themselves, or had been declared as seered village kept getting killed that day despite seeming like the obvious choice to guard. In hindsight I suppose he might've been roleblocked a bunch?

He guarded GG i reckon from a mafia kill, night that GG and friends said they were seen.
    Which is why I think you're probably not a werewolf, otherwise you would have realised your kill had disappeared.

• Options
    Jesus, how many wolves are in this game?

• Options
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    OoooOOoOOooOOoOoooooooo

I apologize for nothing!

oOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I said it before, but I am merely LeFou. I can't imagine he's very important since his name is literally "the fool". But more to the point, as I said right after getting a pm from 38th for tonight, I have been bitten. Fortunately from the narration it sounds like I'll be the last victim of that wolf, but I dunno if me or the other surviving infected villagers might bite more.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    jdarksun wrote: »
    This is why you stop to help people in the woods, discrider!

Well yeah, but then there would have been two of us covered in horse blood in the middle of the woods.
    Good way to get ate, that's what I say.

discrider on
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »

He guarded GG i reckon from a mafia kill, night that GG and friends said they were seen.
    Which is why I think you're probably not a werewolf, otherwise you would have realised your kill had disappeared.

Yeah, I had been going on the theory they'd lost a kill per night via one of the obscured deaths before, but you're probably right, SeGaTai was just tanking the missing kill. Shit.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Well, we don't know about that. They've lost a Wolf Scion since I opened up as the mouth piece.

• Options
    No one resurrects the Beast like Gaston?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Earlier today, a totally ripped 7 ft tall wolf approached the villagers.

"eating pork today, huh Jay?" - the village elder greeted, refering to the
    frothe and blood and meat, oozing out of thier maw.

"haha, you know me, love that bacon, by the way
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Rabies stuff has been a bit confusing the whole game, I think there's definitely some rules there we're not grasping - maybe it's only a chance for it to kill?

Jaykaos, you ham

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Well, we don't know about that. They've lost a Wolf Scion since I opened up as the mouth piece.

Well, there was no wolf kill that night, so guard seemed the most obvious explanation.

Anyway, I feel good about Virgil still.
    Not sure what we do about Phoenix.
    Probably interrogate him?

Hey Phoenix, do you reckon mafia voted for you?
    If so who?

• Options
    Also if Gaston could bring back to life known other villagers, then the mafia had to kill em, so I'm going to keep inspiring that way.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    We need to figure out whether the resurrection can be used on people that were village which is probably possible but maybe not. How hunter used the power should clear that up but question is how the hunter can give us that information without revealing themselves.

Resurrecting people that we already voted out and didn't learn anything from is about the worst possible use of a power

• Options
    We don't know how the targeting works, but since it seems to take effect the same day we inspire they probably are doing it blind (ie, not knowing what ability it's going to be besides what's discussed in thread). I think they expected it to be dentistry last night and targeted one of the obscured deaths?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I think that's a good guess

• Options
    So, looking at the remaining player list, I'm pretty happy with everyone bar Virgil, and the recently revived wild card Phoenix.
    .. I'm not sure who else would need killing of Virgil dues and wolves remain.

... And it is perhaps worth wondering whether Beast and Belle have a survival neutral wincon if we brought back the best.
    Assuming we cannot just kill Belle to stop her stabbing people.

• Options
    I think that's a bad idea. We know we can rez Beast, and he died blue which is traditionally the village special color. Why kill Belle when she's taken out a mafia for us and might be able to help other ways?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Because it sounds like she may have gone mad night of Beast's death.
    If we find that all the wolves are dead, but we cannot find the SK, then it might be worth bringing the Beast back rather than letting her stab more folks.

• Options
    Or it might fix what's wrong by bringing the Beast back now, plus it seemed like The Beast was a vig.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Hmm
    Worst case scenario: Stabbings stop, Beast starts eating us all again.
    Best case scenario: Beast likes eating wolves, wolves forced to shred Beast, wolves get stabbed by DEATHBLOW, Beast and Belle win with us when all the wolves die.

• Options
    Scenario that I'm entertaining:
    The Beast is not a vig. We had too many single shot and other hunters I think for him to be a vig.

More likely, he was an SK and Belle was a seer, and if Belle saw the Beast then they won the game and were removed from play.
    As the Beast is now dead, Belle is stabbing people.
    Reviving the Beast would switch the roles back, and then they would win the next night assuming Belle survives the first night and the second night's kills happen after Belle's action.