Options

[The Game Awards 2018] Habemus doritos papem.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Wow someone caught something amazing from the feed.

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh look, two complete Muppets on stage next to each other.
    Clicking "awesome" isn't enough to highlight the quality of this post. Well done.

Someone in chat posted this tweet.

For someone who only barely knows who Ninja even is, what's the joke?

Dude acknowledged he won't stream with women.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh look, two complete Muppets on stage next to each other.
    Clicking "awesome" isn't enough to highlight the quality of this post. Well done.

Someone in chat posted this tweet.

For someone who only barely knows who Ninja even is, what's the joke?

Dude acknowledged he won't stream with women.

Specifically because he doesn't want people saying he's having sex with them. Because that's all female streamers are people male streamers have sex with.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    "Acknowledged" is a pretty charitable way to phrase he's misogynistic.

• Options
    Yup.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ninja's a huge misogynist

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    And that's why it won best score.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Is this performance actually indicative of music that can be found in Red Dead Redemption 2? Because if that's the case, I can forgive the RDR2 Commercial this has been partially.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

They still have time to take it back

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

This song?? Really? Lol

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Sorry...my pocket posted...

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Is this performance actually indicative of music that can be found in Red Dead Redemption 2? Because if that's the case, I can forgive the RDR2 Commercial this has been partially.

Yes it is. Like D'angelo sings Unshaken in the game itself, and the Great willie nelson with Cruel Cruel world.

https://youtu.be/-MK5ChLJTAk

This is one of the tracks that plays during action scenes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yooooo That Obsidian game seems cool!

Far Cry looks great too!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Oh snap, I didn't know the Stranger Things guys were this hansom.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    C'mon Mortal Kombat 11

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Not to open a debate into Ninja because I am not a fan and he is a jackhole.

It was more, "If I stream with a female, it might start drama and I really like money - so this is a business decision."

I don't think he feels an obligation to be a decent person because he sees it all as an industry in which he needs to maximize his profitability. Which is bad, because it means he is fine with the way things are but I don't know that I've heard anything about him actually being actively malicious, just ignorantly complacent even when these things are pointed out to him.

Making him a grubby asshole who doesn't mind the dice rolled in his favor and has no problem with current structure among streamers.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Ooh, the fakeout!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »

It was more, "If I stream with a female, it might start drama and I really like money - so this is a business decision."

I don't think he feels an obligation to be a decent person because he sees it all as an industry in which he needs to maximize his profitability. Which is bad, because it means he is fine with the way things are but I don't know that I've heard anything about him actually being actively malicious, just ignorantly complacent even when these things are pointed out to him.

In an industry/fandom known for its extreme sexism, his take was like the "its about games journalism" of takes. He has no issue streaming with any dude of various celebrity, but a woman will cause "drama" like its everything shitty about gaming.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Ooh, the fakeout!

I think that might've been a legit fuckup.

• Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Did the YouTube stream just get content ID'd?

Twice!

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Whelp, we know Sonicfox's next conquest

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Are they just giving up all pretext and working the ability to do a fatality after every round into the fiction?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    damnit, Game Awards, I thought you'd put doing that stupid combining awards thing together thing behind you! Good to know Celeste got
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Ooh, the fakeout!

I think that might've been a legit fuckup.

Nope. Not with Scorpion's spear piercing through the title card.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    OOOH! OOH! OOH! OOH!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Holy shit new Psychonauts?

This show has more surprising trailers than E3 which just seems weird.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Are they just giving up all pretext and working the ability to do a fatality after every round into the fiction?

They were two different era Scorpions.

It seemed more like a way to show the game will use time-y wime-y stuff to do an "ultimate" style roster.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Holy shit new Psychonauts?

This show has more surprising trailers than E3

Between this and PAX, this is why E3 is on the downswing again.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Did they announce Mortal Kombat or no?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    WAS THAT GALOCHIO?!?

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Did they announce Mortal Kombat or no?

They did.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Just saying. Scorpion torpedo'ing through Raiden like that shouldn't leave the spine intact the way it was. Just saying. Realism in video games, yo.

But I'm hyped. Like, I never thought I would ever say "I really look forward to the story mode of Mortal Kombat" in my life. And yet, here we are.

I might be one of the only people in this planet who does not care for the art style of most Tim Schaffer games. I do not care for Psychonauts. It looks like Psychonauts 1...

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Wow, when MS said they'd be revealing the Winter of Arcade at the game awards, I expected like a trailer.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »

Making him a grubby asshole who doesn't mind the dice rolled in his favor and has no problem with current structure among streamers.

quoting an observation someone made in the SE thread:
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Yo I just saw Ninja shake the hand of every person who came up on stage for Celeste except for the women.

FUCK THIS GUY FOREVER

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    That Hello Games title is a two man pet project

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Just saying. Scorpion torpedo'ing through Raiden like that shouldn't leave the spine intact the way it was. Just saying. Realism in video games, yo.

But I'm hyped. Like, I never thought I would ever say "I really look forward to the story mode of Mortal Kombat" in my life. And yet, here we are.

I might be one of the only people in this planet who does not care for the art style of most Tim Schaffer games. I do not care for Psychonauts. It looks like Psychonauts 1...

Nah. I find it's a lot like Tim Burton. It's very distinct, but being so distinct basically sets the tone for the entire experience from the start, there has to be a lot of interesting stuff going on for me to sit through it. I enjoyed Psychonauts, but it took overcoming some pretty specific design decisions to enjoy it.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    So DMC.

Does the new one connect the old ones or something? EDIT: I mean does this new one connect the more recent one with the older ones.

I really don't know anything about the series, but I'm just confused whether or not they completely dropped the "reboot" stuff or if it's all in the same universe; because DMC5 looks like it has the old Dante and the one from the more recent game.

Or where they already connected?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

They were two different era Scorpions.

It seemed more like a way to show the game will use time-y wime-y stuff to do an "ultimate" style roster.

Hanzo Hasashi and the demon Scorpion were separated when the Special Forces released some of the Earthrealm warriors' spirits from Quan Chi's control. MKX doesn't explicitly mention it, but the prequel comic goes into more detail about them being separate entities.

In that trailer, the first "Scorpion" we see is Hanzo, and the second demonic one is the Scorpion.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Don't you dare give this to Detroit..

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So DMC.

Does the new one connect the old ones or something? EDIT: I mean does this new one connect the more recent one with the older ones.

I really don't know anything about the series, but I'm just confused whether or not they completely dropped the "reboot" stuff or if it's all in the same universe; because DMC5 looks like it has the old Dante and the one from the more recent game.

Or where they already connected?

DMC5 is the sequel to DMC4, not DmC.

Well, the sequel to DMC2, because apparently every game after DMC2 takes place before it. It’s weird. The order as I understand it is 3, 1, 4, 2, 5.

It’s basicaly unrebooting the series.

The guy who says “time to kick some ass!” is an older version of Nero, from DMC4.

Enlong on