As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do you wash your hands?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Soap on dry hands, rinse.
    Man, I suddenly feel like I fell through some sort of time portal

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Larlar
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    Also, people who pad their toilet seats and then just leave that shit sitting there after they leave are the wooooorst people ever

Even worse than people who deliberately piss on the toilet seat?

Those people are animals who have accidentally been allowed into the bathroom.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    One time here at work I found that someone had taken a messy dump in the toilet, not flushed, and also left several shit-encrusted bits of toilet paper around the toilet.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    Moriveth wrote: »
    One time here at work I found that someone had taken a messy dump in the toilet, not flushed, and also left several shit-encrusted bits of toilet paper around the toilet.

what else are you supposed to do when there's no trash bin to throw your shit paper into

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    It's the same way that I wash dishes - water on them first, then the dish soap (or, more usually, dish soap on a damp sponge, rather than directly on a surface).

Concentrated soaps on dry surfaces can be a bit harder to remove. They seem to really cling to the surface, which can be a bit annoying.

Also yeah, wet toothbrush prior to toothpaste person checking in

• Options
    Larlar
    Hello, geneva?

Yes, I would like to report bowen for committing bathroom crimes.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    Someone on the finance department at my work used to use, with no exaggeration, at least 6 feet of paper towel whenever they used the toilet. That's not a mistake, paper towel, not toilet paper.

I'm not sure what they were using it for, just that the toilet in the shared bathroom would be full of paper towel that either they didn't flush, or couldn't, blocking it up until maintenance could clear it out

• Options
    In some countries it's actually pretty common to have old piping which can't handle toilet paper

So people there put any used toilet paper in the bin

It's really gross but oh well

• Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    how can you not wet a toothbrush before putting toothpaste on

it's so uncomfortable, like nails on a chalkboard almost

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    I don't touch things with wet hands.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    In my sophomore year of college I wrote a paper about medical/health information in the bible (for a Bible as Literature class) and learned that before germ theory had been proven a lot of doctors would go around doing surgeries and delivering babies back to back while rinsing off their hands in a single big bowl of water and they were really at a loss for why so many babies dying in infancy and people not surviving otherwise successful surgeries.

And like, at first I was like "Well no shit they died" but then I was like "holy fuck that must have been frustrating" because they just didn't know.

• Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    have you guys ever been over at a friends house and went to wash your hands and then go to dry them off and it's clearly a towel they use to shower with and you just freeze with "oh no what do I do now" ?

• Options
    In some countries it's actually pretty common to have old piping which can't handle toilet paper

So people there put any used toilet paper in the bin

It's really gross but oh well

Even when you flush it down, toilet paper itself can be really gross to people from other cultures which predominantly use water

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    have you guys ever been over at a friends house and went to wash your hands and then go to dry them off and it's clearly a towel they use to shower with and you just freeze with "oh no what do I do now" ?

I lack hand towels

I also didn't know that some people have decorative towels that aren't intended for use

basically I grew up used to grabbing the first threadbare towel that came to hand, or rooting around for one in the airing cupboard that may or may not be covered in cat hair (because the cat was permitted to nap in the airing cupboard where all the clean clothes were stored), so my towel etiquette is not up to par

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    it's actually EXTREMELY easy to pee and not touch Mr. Johnson even once. That ain't even a thing.

Why should one avoid anti-bacterial soap tho?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

I keep my towels clean. My towels are used only to dry off a clean me after I take a shower, or dry off my clean hands after I've washed them.

I guess I always hope that the same is happening at other peoples' houses and they haven't used a small corner of their bath towel to wipe their ass or something I guess.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    it's actually EXTREMELY easy to pee and not touch Mr. Johnson even once. That ain't even a thing.

How

• Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

How

i'd be happy to give demonstrations to all but it basically unzip, out she comes, pee. it doesn't flail around like a fire hose

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

How

It's all in the hips

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    jgeis wrote: »
    In my sophomore year of college I wrote a paper about medical/health information in the bible (for a Bible as Literature class) and learned that before germ theory had been proven a lot of doctors would go around doing surgeries and delivering babies back to back while rinsing off their hands in a single big bowl of water and they were really at a loss for why so many babies dying in infancy and people not surviving otherwise successful surgeries.

And like, at first I was like "Well no shit they died" but then I was like "holy fuck that must have been frustrating" because they just didn't know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

e: the worst part was that doctors thought he was crazy that he suggest that a proper gentlemen was causing these deaths because they were "unclean" and fought tooth and nail against washing their hands at first

bowen on
  • Options
    That seems physically impossible to me from my own perspective

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    There was once in high school that the entire campus became enraptured in a week long mystery. Faculty and students were trying to figure out who took the Monster Dump of 2005.

No one flushed it. How could you? It was beyond that. There were lines to the bathroom to see this towering mass of rusted coils. Whoever did it became a gripping source of intrigue. Do we congratulate them? Do we send them to a doctor? Was it a student or was it faculty?

And like the greatest of mysteries, this one had now answer.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

How

giphy.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    Gustav wrote: »
    There was once in high school that the entire campus became enraptured in a week long mystery. Faculty and students were trying to figure out who took the Monster Dump of 2005.

No one flushed it. How could you? It was beyond that. There were lines to the bathroom to see this towering mass of rusted coils. Whoever did it became a gripping source of intrigue. Do we congratulate them? Do we send them to a doctor? Was it a student or was it faculty?

American Vandal season two

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hand washing is for squares
    Hand washing is for squares

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

I'm Aaron Mahnke. And this is Lore.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

I keep my towels clean. My towels are used only to dry off a clean me after I take a shower, or dry off my clean hands after I've washed them.

I guess I always hope that the same is happening at other peoples' houses and they haven't used a small corner of their bath towel to wipe their ass or something I guess.

The worst is when they have a lot of pets and they can't keep them clean and it's covered in hair too.

And because your hands are wet that 2 week old cat hair sticks to your hands.

• Options
    Larlar

American Vandal season two

Actually it's the subject of the new season of S-town

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

How

i'd be happy to give demonstrations to all but it basically unzip, out she comes, pee. it doesn't flail around like a fire hose

I'll pass on giving demonstrations but if it's flailing even a little it's usually a sign that something's gone wrong. In general it just sort of does its thing - the organ's hydraulic to begin with, more or less.

• Options
    But how would you align it

We're talking about peeing standing up, right

• Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

Why should one avoid anti-bacterial soap tho?

Soap works by basically breaking surface tension of water (makes water wetter). So soap is, usually, more than enough to get bacteria and dirt off your hands.

Anti-bacterial is a waste because the bacteria are already gone and best case scenario it does nothing, and worst case is it's another drop in the bucket of bacterial resistance.

Also yes it is super easy to pee without holding your johnson... I'm actually surprised I'm the first to mention it.

• Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

Unless your pee angles itself out of the penis, or you've got a curve while flaccid, it's pretty much straight out in front of you?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

Most of ours have a default position that is pretty workable for that kind of thing.

• Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.
    Yeah grabbing onto it doesn't really impart any better aim before you start peeing. It just gives you more correctability after you start going. Several years of experience and most of us can predict where our stream goes before we start.

The worst is split/triple streams. There's no recovering from that one you just gotta let it happen.

Fellas, make sure you pee after you have sex or masturbate not just for UTIs but to help prevent split streams.

Only jerks don't clean up after themselves too.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Most of ours have a default position that is pretty workable for that kind of thing.

I don't wanna go out and say that you guys have baby dick but

• Options
    Rinse, lather, rinse.

Auralynx wrote: »

I don't wanna go out and say that you guys have baby dick but

or it's big and heavy enough it points that way and doesn;t move

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar
    so just so we're clear, this thread has devolved into a literal dick swinging contest?

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Well, I mean you pull it out and just rest it on the toilet paper padding you've placed on the toilet and just let it do its thing.

• Options
    No, I'm learning new things here