Options

[PC Build Thread] New graphics cards are outrageously expensive. News at 11.

1939495969799»

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I've never paid $400 Canadian for a video card. That used to get the "second best" card in the line. Or on a good day, the best card.

Now, part of this is the Canadian dollar being a .75 to the USD when it used to be .95, but right now $400 Canadian would get me a 1060 6GB. not a bad card at all for 1080p gaming, but nowhere near the top of the line.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Counterpoint: I bought my 1060GTX last January, and barring a flat out hardware failure or the coming of the singularity, it's going to last me another 4-5 years. If there are games that it can't run, then those will be games that I don't play. And that's no big deal really tbh, because that probably just means waiting a year or two until I upgrade and then buying those games when they're 25% of launch price, have been optimised, rebalanced and bugfixed, and the DLC are all available in the "Gold" edition

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Counterpoint: I bought my 1060GTX last January, and barring a flat out hardware failure or the coming of the singularity, it's going to last me another 4-5 years. If there are games that it can't run, then those will be games that I don't play. And that's no big deal really tbh, because that probably just means waiting a year or two until I upgrade and then buying those games when they're 25% of launch price, have been optimised, rebalanced and bugfixed, and the DLC are all available in the "Gold" edition

Not to mention those games will probably come to console, if you have one.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Enthusiast and "bang for your buck" are not synonymous terms. Enthusiast last generation was a 1070 or 1070 Ti.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    *Edit: Removed for fail-necro - copied to the new thread, disregard >.<*

Redspo0n on
    "Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
This discussion has been closed.