As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who's the best character in [Justice League]?

12345679»

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Cyborg
    I agree on the ice-skating effect. At times it was like someone stuck him on a power skating trainer in front of a green screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzLZYTDr6tQ

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    It looks exactly like he is running like me when I am trying to run in a Dream.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Aquaman
    Kevin Smith has talked about some of the original scenes in Zack Snyder's first cut, which was reportedly verified by some of his sources
    Superman was originally going to be tempted by Steppenwolf to join his army and be given a vision of the BvS Knightmare as well as Darkseid himself. Superman snapped out of it and takes out Steppenwolf in a rage.
    There was a much longer focus on Cyborgs origin.
    Deathstroke broke Luthor out of jail and it was in the film itself.

Also, per Blank Check, Whedon had to have rewritten, wholesale, at least 40% of the script to receive the co-writing credit he did per WGA rules. Which is a BUNCH.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Superman
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Kevin Smith has talked about some of the original scenes in Zack Snyder's first cut, which was reportedly verified by some of his sources
    Superman was originally going to be tempted by Steppenwolf to join his army and be given a vision of the BvS Knightmare as well as Darkseid himself. Superman snapped out of it and takes out Steppenwolf in a rage.

Also, per Blank Check, Whedon had to have rewritten, wholesale, at least 40% of the script to receive the co-writing credit he did per WGA rules. Which is a BUNCH.
    I wouldn't mind more Cyborg because he needed fleshing out but I think making Superman beat Steppenwolf in anger would have been much worse than Supes showing up and cheerily handing him his ass with a quip about truth and justice

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Aquaman
    I'm surprised Shed on wanted the co writing credit.

edited December 2017
    Superman
    He may not have wanted it but when you contribute a certain amount I think the rules are that you have to get it

Grey Ghost on
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Cyborg
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    He may not have wanted it but when you contribute a certain amount I think the rules are that you have to get it

i can't imagine someone ever totally has their hands tied in this regard

There's gotta be like an Alan Smithee for writers too

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Superman
    Okay well maybe he didn't care
    What compelling reason does he have to take his name off it?

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Cyborg
    Okay well maybe he didn't care
    What compelling reason does he have to take his name off it?

yeah I really wouldn't think he'd want to run away from it

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    The Flash
    you can easily ask to, like, not get a credit. people do it all the time. all ya'll's need to hate on the dceu blinds you to the fact that hey, maybe some people might be proud of the work they did? ain't no shame in that.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    you can easily ask to, like, not get a credit. people do it all the time. all ya'll's need to hate on the dceu blinds you to the fact that hey, maybe some people might be proud of the work they did? ain't no shame in that.

Im more surprised since he specifically refused a directors credit out of respect of Snyder.

Quire.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    The Flash

Im more surprised since he specifically refused a directors credit out of respect of Snyder.

see this i get! that's classy as hell.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited December 2017
    Cyborg
    i don't think there are any social mores standing in the way of elbowing chris terrio over to make some room

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure all of you run like dork nerds

I run like Tom Cruise but with better posture

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman

I listened to his podcast and a lot of that stuff just sounds like comic references put in there for the fans to recognize and wouldn't have really improved the movie.

Aquaman
    I was wondering because he's quick to pass blame off onto others and putting his name down on the script seems to run counter to that.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Aquaman

I listened to his podcast and a lot of that stuff just sounds like comic references put in there for the fans to recognize and wouldn't have really improved the movie.
    I wasn't saying it would be improved, just that it was in there

CYpGAPn.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The Flash
    Finally saw this yesterday.

It was better than it should have been and I think if they can keep building off Wonder Woman and this then the dc movies might be back on track. Sure, it has structural problems, there were some bad lines in the script, and the new characters needed more development, but they brought everything together toward the end in a satisfying way.
    That scene with flash and superman saving the car / apartment building had me rolling.

The approach to supes this time around was basically what I wish he could’ve been in the previous movies. I still like Batfleck and Wonder Woman. Flash fuckin ruled. Aquaman I’m not fully sold on but he had some moments. Cyborg needs some tweaks to his design but was fine.

Aquaman

Does this shot really happen in Justice League?

Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman was good but the only comic book/superhero movie with a chance at the Oscars should be Logan.

Superman
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

Sure does!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman was good but the only comic book/superhero movie with a chance at the Oscars should be Logan.

Nothing in Logan is half as good as anything in Legion so I don't even really think it deserves much of a chance.

Aquaman

Sure does!
    it_s_so_bad_meme_by_misterzero-d773a47.png

Superman
    nah I think it was actually a cool shot

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Would have been better if they mirrored the first part.

edited December 2017
    Aquaman
    It makes sense as an act. She flips it over her head and catches it. No mirroring needed. But she is obviously miming holding a sword. The CGI looks unnatural and the sword doesn't match her hand movements. It is, well, bad.

Gvzbgul on
    It makes sense as an act. She flips it over her head and catches it. No mirroring needed. But she is obviously miming holding a sword. The CGI looks unnatural and the sword doesn't match her hand movements. It is, well, bad.

The speed and direction of the sword makes it look like it's going to go up to about her chest's height and fall back down.

Wonder Woman
    Straightzi wrote: »

Nothing in Logan is half as good as anything in Legion so I don't even really think it deserves much of a chance.

Logan has much better developed character relationships despite having less time. It does a better job of actually moving forward with the X-Men's social commentary. It deconstructs comic book/superhero tropes while also reinforcing the importance of those stories. And the acting is stellar.

I just realized there were MULTIPLE "talks to fish" jokes in this movie.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    I remember 4 or 5