As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] 2B for Xmas

• Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    dav3yb wrote: »
    I feel like I paid 60$ for a beta test version.

This. 100%

SFV at launch was an early access sham of a bamboozle. Capcom got away with theft on that one...

I'm sorry you felt ripped-off, but I can only repeat my own (very different experience). I bought the game a few months after launch. Had fun with it. Purchased all the S1 characters with fight money and a few extra costumes. In the end, I thought it was of comparable value to vanilla SFIV.

Opinions!

Speaking of them, Ivy's costume in SCV looked awesome. And did you know that Mari Shimazaki (Bayonetta designer) did some of the SCV designs? Specifically, she did Leixia's 1P, Ivy's 2P and Tira's 2P. In terms of aesthetics I think SCV blows SCIV out of the water. Hope SCVI continues the trend.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean there is no denying SFV was a mess at launch. I enjoyed the game for months and still go back to it but that's just true.

I'm just confused about the logic of free updates somehow diminishing what you paid for.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    I hate sfv so much.
    I just reinstalled it.
    wtf am i doing.
    shoryuken.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I mean there is no denying SFV was a mess at launch. I enjoyed the game for months and still go back to it but that's just true.

I'm just confused about the logic of free updates somehow diminishing what you paid for.

I'm not mad that they're adding the Arcade mode content at all. But the fact that they're just handing out the dlc characters when I had to wade through the literal dumpster fire that was the launch with zero reparations is pretty much inexcusable in my book. Having bought the steam version, which was the absolute worst of the bunch at launch, i was met with not being able to play the game for hours on end, virtually no online play, and compatibility issues that I still can't understand to this day. It probably wasn't until a month or two after the games launch that things finally started to smooth out, but by then, the damage was done. If I could have gotten my money back, i would have, but I did want to try the game, and by the time I realized capcom going to need some serious time to get the game in shape, I couldn't.

Not to mention at launch the pc version couldn't even differ from 2 separate controllers connected if they utilized the same type of input (xinput or direct input), so you had to use outside programs like xpadder to play 2 players on pc.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    At the very least, early access games usually cost less to buy when they are in the early access stage.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Dragkonias wrote: »

It sounds less like the issue is free updates diminishing value and more that Capcom wasn't upfront about the game still being half done on the "release date".

I think the problem is that fair criticisms of Capcom's framing get entangled with bullshit criticisms like "Content created before release should be free, regardless of what budget it came out of." A YouTube video I just saw - that I will refrain from naming - was entirely bullshit criticisms from someone who's never managed a budgeted project.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    According to a Famitsu interview, Soulcalibur 6 is "70% complete," will definitely have guest characters and some form of character editing and creation, and wants to put a lot of emphasis on the reboot and remake aspects.

They also used a bunch of buzzwords about making things easier and more accessible for casual players that has the internet in a tizzy. I have to believe that's part of the climate now.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    as long as they don't add loot boxes i think people will be fine with it.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    there's going to be plenty of cosmetics dlc, has been since sc4.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    What if you had to buy lootboxes to unlock customization sliders in Create-A-Soul mode?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So he does team up with himself at least for a super.
    No, it's more than just one move. Neat.

PLA on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah, Hit is cool as shit! Beerus too. Black Goku is kinda meh... too many Gokus.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The most important new announcement is that certain character combinations can have unique ending screens in a match, including Nappa getting a bunch of saibamen to explode on Yamcha. Amazing.

Seriously though I'm very happy about Beerus, even though he was basically confirmed already.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting we're just a little over a month for that.

Super hyped!

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Stealing from SE

EDIT: Mistake

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Beerus got all that sassss!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Really at this point I want Android 13, Broly/Fem Broly, Cooler, and Mr. Satan for that game. Lets round it out.

• Options
    I just hope that the best team isn't a team with literally 3 Goku variants on it. All-Goku Grand Finals isn't something I want to see.
    I would totally watch it

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Kamehamehamehameha! :P

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I mean, Black isn't Goku and won't fight like him at all.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Yeah but that doesn't trend in social media.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yeah, and Reptile isn't Scorpion isn't Subzero isn't Smoke isn't Ermac, but all the clones still made Mortal Kombat aesthetically boring as all shit, is the thing.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I would have prefer Cabba over Black Goku, or Caulifla and Kale since the game still needs more women fighter.

• Options
    It doesn't help that Black likes the kamehameha, for whatever reason.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I would have prefer Cabba over Black Goku, or Caulifla and Kale since the game still needs more women fighter.

Hopefully they're one of the DLC fighters at least.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Drascin wrote: »
    Yeah, and Reptile isn't Scorpion isn't Subzero isn't Smoke isn't Ermac, but all the clones still made Mortal Kombat aesthetically boring as all shit, is the thing.

I was about to make this exact point.

They don't look the same anymore, but it's no coincidence that I didn't buy any mortal Kombat between 2 and 9

templewulf on
  • Options
    Even my beloved soul calibur tweaked clones to give them very different gameplay, but I'd prefer a leaner cast instead of two different hammer giants

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh I almost forgot. SC6 is another chance and likely missed opportunity to finally give us fucking Bangoo as a character.

If they had added him with Spawn's moveset (I mean seriously, a 1H axe and those moves makes so much sense I feel like they purposely made Spawn using old concepts for Bangoo) it would be fine with maybe some tweaks. I just want an alternate Rock because I loved Rock too.

I think he almost made it as well because they had that poll for who to add to console SC2 and he was an option. Not going to complain about getting Sophie though.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm still wondering how the roster will look. I think they know there are fan favorites from the later games that folks were already upset didn't make it into V.

So I'm wondering how generous they'll be with the whole "reboot" thing.

• Options
    One alternative is to make a poorly thought out mess.

• Options
    Rumors of leakage are stating Characters like Talim and Viola will be in. But take that with a grain of salt.

Might also be taking place closer to SC2's timeline instead of SC1. Which would make sense, because I think Talim was 14 in SC2 so she can't really be much younger and it make any sense.

Just give me the SC2 version of Yunseung please if he is in. I don't even care if he is the worst again, the new style he had in SC3 was boring as hell compared to how fun he was in SC2.

• Options
    If they're soft rebooting ages don't matter. They can male characters any age they want.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I inherently doubt every leak that comes out within a few days of a game's announcement

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the people making the game don't even have a finalized character list yet

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I hope that Soul Calibur X will remake Soul Calibur V out of existence.

• Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'd probably be happiest with a straight-up remake of SC1. I'd miss a few of the later characters, but the first game stands head and shoulders above the rest. And Hwang! He's as fun to play as his name is to say.

• Options
    If they're soft rebooting ages don't matter. They can male characters any age they want.

Freudian slip or.... ?

SC1-4 added at least one awesome new character with each game (even if the character was poorly balanced and tournament problematic and SHUT UP OKAY), and it'd be a shame if they weren't utilized in some way.

But SC1's cast was pretty damn great right out of the gate.

That said, young Mitsurugi looks lame compared to grizzled Mitsurugi.

• Options
    Olcadan was a fun Mokujin.

• Options
    stream
  • Options
    I inherently doubt every leak that comes out within a few days of a game's announcement

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the people making the game don't even have a finalized character list yet

The game is 70% done.

There are people in the community on the inside. They already knew when it would be announced.

These leaks are from fairly reliable sources. They could be bsing now, but it isn't just random nobodies spewing hot air.