As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] 2B for Xmas

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    God bless Namco and their new 'stupid crossover fanfic' guest character selection strategy.

latest?cb=20110417101531

New?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Link fits into the SC setting I think. Heihachi too I guess.

Spawn, though? Ehhhh... Gerald's a good pick, though. I don't much care for the games, but I do like the books.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    With the goofy shit in SC, Spawn at least partly fits in, and at least he has an axe. Meanwhile, you a geezer from Tekken doing EWGFs all day with his fists in an obstinately weapons-based fighter.

Link is still the best guest character with a bullet tho.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Nah. Vader was the best because he was the most fun to play and had a fantastic fighting style that needs to be put back into the game somehow.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Vader was the best because he's Darth em effing Vader.

I forgot about the Star Wars guest characters, heh!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Nah. Vader was the best because he was the most fun to play and had a fantastic fighting style that needs to be put back into the game somehow.

And Yoda was the worst by far. That stupid small hitbox and immunity to throws!

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular

Just skipping around, this is why I never understood the competitive appeal of VS. and VS.-like games where it's all about infinites. Visually, Dragonball FighterZ is pretty amazing, the developer did a great job, but watching this is super boring. Ok great, the first person to land a hit and keep it going (potentially linked into an infinite) is going to win. Not as bad as mvc2 where you get hit once by Magneto and you're done.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    there are no infinites in dbz

there are tod's, which usually require both assists and between 3-7 meters

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    ChrisG vs SonicFox, grand finals at Winter Brawl this year was a bit more interesting to watch.

While it's crazy fun to play, DBFZ can definitely be a bit boring to spectate if you're just watching someone blockstring, get a confirm, and then combo for twenty seconds.
    The interesting plays happen in neutral. DBFZ has a deep and interesting neutral game, imo.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i ain't seen anyone let go of the stick in neutral in DBFZ so how can the game have interesting neutral???

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    there are no infinites in dbz

there are tod's, which usually require both assists and between 3-7 meters

Doesn't really seem like a problem if someone burns all their resources to drop one of three chars, since then they're empty and the other guy just came in with resources. Unless you mean taking out all remaining chars in one combo.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    ChrisG vs SonicFox, grand finals at Winter Brawl this year was a bit more interesting to watch.

While it's crazy fun to play, DBFZ can definitely be a bit boring to spectate if you're just watching someone blockstring, get a confirm, and then combo for twenty seconds.
    The interesting plays happen in neutral. DBFZ has a deep and interesting neutral game, imo.

I actually agree and I think if this A. Gohan stuff catches on it'll probably get stale real quick.

• Options
    Soul Calibur footage from Spooky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ8yXV5L9Bw

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    we have their small tournament thing. they did the same for sc5, which i got to participate in. for some reason i thought this one was later in the year even though it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb9Tmvi8lF0

notable that the throw system has changed to some vf5:fs style simple direction+a+g system. gis are universal (so no 4g at all), which seems stupid but maybe that will cut down on the brave edge spam even more.

kilik can't kill himself with his SC transformation. hopefully the same would hold for tira if she makes it into the game.

characters can have moves that are only avaialable in SC mode.

you do chip damage in SC mode.

mitsu's 2kb getting getting nerfed, so they just gave him an even better string (1bb) to compensate because why not

no more classic relic k?

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I want Arc to make a Jojo fighter. They've already got the art style on lock, they just need some grainy shaders.

OOOOHHHHHH SHEEEEEEEEET

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    no more nightmare gs k :<

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I want Arc to make a Jojo fighter. They've already got the art style on lock.

OOOOHHHHHH SHEEEEEEEEET

I recall something about one in the works but not ArcSys. Maybe it was the Under Night people?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    He's beating up Frieza in the trailer, but Frieza is totally getting a dramatic finish where you obliterate Bardock with a Super Nova.

• Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Hey look, it's a new KOF character:
    https://youtu.be/AGvE22Xw8ow
    She looks pretty cool. She was the winner of a contest for fan-submitted characters.

Only one more DLC character left for KOF XIV. As nice as it is to get a new character, I'm still pulling for Blue Mary.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Viskod wrote: »
    He's beating up Frieza in the trailer, but Frieza is totally getting a dramatic finish where you obliterate Bardock with a Super Nova.

Well, Frieza works as a stand-in for Chilled. He is from another movie/OVA where Bardock somehow ended up being blown to the past by Frieza's supernova attack.

Bardock beats him by turning super saiyan.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Well, Frieza works as a stand-in for Chilled. He is from another movie/OVA where Bardock somehow ended up being blown to the past by Frieza's supernova attack.

Bardock beats him by turning super saiyan.

And Team Four Star had a field day with that...

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Hi thread

ive been playing more and more of brolly

hes really fun!

armor is op!

command grabs and wall presses! and lots of meterless stuff

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    HYPE!

https://youtu.be/80PSrXOwJlw

All the DLC characters (Oswald, Heidern, Najd and Blue Mary (woo!)) will drop on April 12th. SNK Heroines reveals are also expected this week.

• Options
    JombalayaJombalaya Registered User regular
    That E-League reality show, who is the target audience? It looks stupid and whoever picked the contestants is stupid.

• Options
  • Options
    Ah dang, I thought SNK Heroines was coming in May... It's launching on the same day as Spider-Man on PS4 =/

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Competent Street Fighter play always amazes me. I feel like I'm the man if I can manage a three hit combo, and the good players make it seem like they're playing Marvel vs Capcom or something :P

• Options
    Cammy
    Decapre
    Ed
    Falke
    G

Looks like a pattern shows.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Cammy
    Decapre
    Ed
    Falke
    G

Looks like a pattern shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Njvm1g38v8

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Oh god. He’s going to be Magneto.

• Options
    Or Dormammu.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    HYPE!

All the DLC characters (Oswald, Heidern, Najd and Blue Mary (woo!)) will drop on April 12th. SNK Heroines reveals are also expected this week.

Well, this is a surprise. I doubt it'll be switching from KOFXIII even with this, but still...surprising.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    HYPE!

Well, this is a surprise. I doubt it'll be switching from KOFXIII even with this, but still...surprising.

Any chance you play xiii on steam?

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.