As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Black Friday 2017 and onwards!

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Anyone else having trouble getting onto PSN in the UK/EU?

Internet connection is fine, but sign-in keeps failing.

Edit: Nevermind, needed to system update but it wasn't giving me any notifications to say so.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I don't get those emails from Sony, but I don't really need reminders on how much time I waste on video games. I know vividly which game is at the top of 2017 for me though. Witcher 3 by a long shot... last I checked I'm on my second playthrough and spent some 280 hours playing it last year.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'd be curious to see mine but also don't get these!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Survive Beta is available free on PSN. I played a few rounds, you can only do one survival horde mode mission but keep resources and rewards based on ranking, so after awhile you can start bringing in machine gun turrets etc. instead of starting from scratch each time. Highest rank I got was A. Overall I enjoyed the bit I played, makes me actually interested in the retail game when it releases next month

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Has anyone else received the '2017 in review' email yet?

My 'total hours played' stat was sobering.

UnbreakableVow

You've been pursuing greatness for 10 years.

Here's your journey through 2017

FIRST STOP: YOUR FIRST GAME
    Your path began on January 1 2017 when you played NIDHOGG.

NEXT STOP: YOUR TIME ON THE ROAD
    Over the months, you played 828 hours
    over 95 different games, while making the most progress in September with 106 hours of gameplay.

NEXT STOP: YOUR FAVORITE PATHS
    Some take the road most traveled. You chose the road most enjoyable. Here are your top most-played games of 2017:

PERSONA 5
    113 hours

HORIZON ZERO DAWN
    88 hours

DESTINY 2
    86 hours

NEXT STOP: WAYPOINTS ON YOUR JOURNEY
    Your pursuit of greatness was marked by some notable achievements. In 2017, you earned a total of 477 trophies.
    (Psst, that puts you in the top 10% off all trophy earners! Way to go!)

January was your highest trophy-earning month with 128 trophies.

Damn, beat me on hours (664 for me) but I killed it on trophies (690). It was a heavy PS4 year for me thanks to the Pro. Things will shift back on Xbox this year.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I'm just glad Steam doesn't send me personal notifications and emails of how long I've spent playing games . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I played 146 hours of Binding of Isaac.

Jeez.

I must really like the game.
    I really do. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'd be interested to know my stats. Too bad there's not something you can see on the playstation website... I don't get those emails either =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    DaringDirk

You've been pursuing greatness for 41 years.

Here's your journey through 2017

What the fuck? You pay for PS+, yet you haven't even put in more than an hour for a single game in 2017. Don't give us that job, marriage, and kids runaround, people make time to do the shit you enjoy. What are you, depressed or some shit?

Over the months, you played 8 minutes 37 seconds
    over 3 different games, while making the most progress in April with 3 hours of gameplay.

Some take the road most traveled. You chose the road least played. Here are your top most-played games of 2017:

ERROR: GAME NOT FOUND!

Your pursuit of greatness was marked by some notable achievements. In 2017, you earned a total of 1 trophies.
    (Psst, that puts you in the top 99% off all trophy earners! Way to go!)

January was your highest trophy-earning month with 1 trophies.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know my stats. Too bad there's not something you can see on the playstation website... I don't get those emails either =/

i've actually been tracking all your activity for three years. if you send me your address to send all my hair and fingernail clippings to i'll share it with you :3

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Here's mine:
    Looks like you really enjoyed playing DESTINY 2 in 2017 » | View as web page »
    PlayStation®Store
    Random35
    You've been pursuing greatness for 10 years.
    Here’s your journey through 2017

Your path began on January 1 2017 when you played THARSIS, and the first trophy you earned while playing was
    Risk Management Professional.

Over the months, you played
    746 hours
    over 75 different games, while making the most progress in December with 119 hours of gameplay.

COMMUNITY STAT

Want to see how you compare to the rest of PlayStation gamers?
    SEE IT IN YOUR FULL RECAP

Some take the road most traveled. You chose the road most enjoyable. Here are your top most-played games of 2017:
    DESTINY 2
    291 hours
    DESTINY
    87 hours
    NIER AUTOMATA
    39 hours

Your pursuit of greatness was marked by some notable achievements. In 2017, you earned a total of
    383 trophies
    (Psst, that puts you in the top 10% off all trophy earners! Way to go!)

August was your highest trophy-earning month with 89 trophies.
    Well done, Random35.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I finally bought a PS4 and holy shit all the names are taken, jesus.

If I need to buy a membership, where's the best bet for deals?

Also headphones. I guess the ones in the box are crap? And my excellent xbox headset only sort of works because the xbox add on thing has the volume and mute function on it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Also headphones. I guess the ones in the box are crap? And my excellent xbox headset only sort of works because the xbox add on thing has the volume and mute function on it.

The ones that came with the PS4, the little ear bud thing, are the only ones I'll use. I've tried others and all the rest suck.

As for good PS Plus deals, just keep an eye on Amazon and this thread. People usually post any found deals.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've had no issues with the ear bud, other than it being an ear bud and not being very comfortable. The cord has a mute toggle and volume controls are handled via the "quick menu".

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Sony Gold wireless headset is really nice.

Worth the investment if you primarily play with a headset on.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

I like the HyperX Cloud headsets a lot. You can get the entry-level ones refurbished on eBay for like $35, although sometimes they don't come with the little volume/mute control cord.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I just use the buds that came with my phone. Never had an issue. I have some nice headphones that I use when I'm gaming solo and trying to be quiet. You can use pretty much any wired headphones you want.

• Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    1) Bloodborne: 764 hours
    2) Final Fantasy Tactics: 126 hours
    3) Counterspy: 12 hours

A hunter must hunt.

HeraldS on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    How do I sign up for those end of the year emails? I have a dedicated email address I use for PSN and I get tons of "thanks for your purchase" and "funds added to your wallet" emails. One more email every year wouldn't make any difference but I'm interested in seeing my stats.

EDIT: Found it... you have to sign up for marketing emails at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/cam/account/notify/edit-settings!input.action which makes ZERO sense at all since I'm already receiving periodic emails from SIE about how great it would be to buy such-and-such game that I've already bought and played, even though I was not opted in to the marketing emails. Whatever. Sony doing what Sony does.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I agree though mine has cracked four times on the plastic part. I just use Sugru to keep fixing them.

I will probably look for different one next time.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I agree though mine has cracked four times on the plastic part. I just use Sugru to keep fixing them.

I will probably look for different one next time.

Yeah, I had the same problem with my golds. They still work fine, it's just annoying. The Sony platinum headset doesn't seem to have the same design flaw, but it also costs twice as much.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Wait... You can plug in headphones to the controller and play silently for others? I... I never realized this if it is indeed the case.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Yeah, but you might have to change the settings to make the headphones output all audio instead of just chat first.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Guys, uh ... Metal Gear Survive might be a lot of fun. I'm just really worried about the potential for P2W lootboxes to make their way in. Look at what Konami's main business has been of late.

• Options
    I don't care for Survive after playing the beta. I guess it gets better as you level up, but ammo is far too scarce and melee combat is far too slow/clunky.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    And the main knock against Metal Gear Survive is that it doesn't feel like Metal Gear and has no real character.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

What you get for a headset depends on how much of an audiophile you are, and how much you're using voice chat. Also, how much you care about being tethered to the console. I have a pair of Razer Kraken headphones that work great and have a good mic, but it's corded. I also have an Afterglow LVL3 headset that plugs directly into the PS4 controller. The Afterglow works really well, but the mic isn't as good as the Razer, and the audio enhancement along with noise cancellation requires AA batteries that you burn through really quickly.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Have to disagree with the above. When you first start you have nothing, but after a single match you should be able to fill up your inventory with items like gun turrets to make getting S rank on easy mode super duper easy.

I wasn't expecting Metal Gear Solid VI, just a fun multiplayer side game using Phantom Pain's amazing engine and gameplay. Have to say it exceeded my expectations, having a lot of fun with the beta

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Whenever I use my headphones the audio cuts out like crazy. I have to have the controller wired for anything good to come out. It's interference right? I live in an apartment complex. Anything I can do to keep the audio from cutting out?

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Flash Sale up!

Jackbox 3 is $5. I bought it a few weeks ago for like $17, also on sale. You're welcome!

Renzo on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hrm...for some reason the flash deal pages aren't showing up for me. Or they load and then when it sees it is me they disappear? Confusing.

Still, Mother Russia Bleeds is a fun beat 'em up game I enjoyed quite a bit.

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    Hrm...for some reason the flash deal pages aren't showing up for me. Or they load and then when it sees it is me they disappear? Confusing.

Happening to me too

• Options
    Good it's not just me!

I thought it was my shitty computer and equally shitty phone conspiring against me.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Just click on the individual systems and they should show up.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure they have only one person who updates the store page, and in real time no less. You get the same errors and silliness every Tuesday.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Just click on the individual systems and they should show up.

They should, but they aren't. At least for PS4.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Seems to be fixed now.

It's funny that actually buying Oxenfree + Dyanamic Theme + Avatars is actually some odd cents cheaper than just the game. I loved it so much I just have to plunk money down on it again.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Is deus ex good

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Is deus ex good

He has built in cyber sunglasses.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    But yes it's pretty good. Stealth gameplay is neat, dialogue changing on how you do things is neat. The story is a bit constrained due to prequel territory but the sheer interactivity with your approach to solving things is fun. Just if you're OCD about finding/picking up everything then you're going to be spending a lot of time breaking into random buildings and apartments.