As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Black Friday 2017 and onwards!

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I had completely forgotten I can finally play Let It Die now that I have a PS4.

Time to download the hell out of that.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Neil Druckmann posted a picture of himself with a big ol german shepherd in a mocap suit.

So maybe expect an awesome dog companion in TLoU 2 that will probably die in some soul crushing fashion.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Man, I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I am judging books by their covers in the drop post... Lotta Steam Greenlight lookin' rejects in there. Gonna pick up SAO Fatal Bullet on Friday tho!

Also Thor: Ragnarok is finally available this week! Can't wait to finally see it :D

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I finally finished Hellblade. That is probably the least I have enjoyed a game that I bothered to finish. By the time I realised I didn't like it I'd committed enough time that I felt I needed to get through it all.

I appreciate what they went for with the theme, but the actual story telling, the gameplay, the combat. It did absolutely nothing for me and I found it a bore and a chore.

Still, not every game is going to be for everyone!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Neil Druckmann posted a picture of himself with a big ol german shepherd in a mocap suit.

So maybe expect an awesome dog companion in TLoU 2 that will probably die in some soul crushing fashion.
    It would be a post apocalyptic german shepard so its technically indestructible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTXsBquBR3g

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I finally finished Hellblade. That is probably the least I have enjoyed a game that I bothered to finish. By the time I realised I didn't like it I'd committed enough time that I felt I needed to get through it all.

I appreciate what they went for with the theme, but the actual story telling, the gameplay, the combat. It did absolutely nothing for me and I found it a bore and a chore.

Still, not every game is going to be for everyone!

I am not ready to give up on Ninja Theory but Hellblade is going to make me think twice about their next game. Their games always have issues but this was the first that was more bad than good.

Yes, I liked DmC.

• Options
    The only Ninja Theory game I do not like is Heavenly Blade. All their other games are aces IMO, with Enslaved being their crown jewel. Hellblade is a close second. Really neat story, decent combat once you figure out all the stuff you can do (which isn't much, but it's fun enough), and gorgeous visuals. The one puzzle type got slightly old though.

DmC is the best Devil May Cry game.

• Options
    Looks like the mode that removes the monster bits in Soma is available now on PS4. Haven't played that in a while, might go through it again without having to slog through the monster parts.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Heavenly Sword ruled

Also it looks like Burnout Paradise Remastered has indeed been leaked for a mid-March release

You'd think EA would announce a game that's three weeks away, until you remind yourself that they're EA

• Options
    Oh now they're not above doing remasters?

Well, hopefully ME Trilogy remaster isn't too far off, then.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I was worried about the soundtrack remaining but just hearing that guitar sealed a purchase.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Hey (hey)
    You (you)
    I don't like your girlfriend

Or no sale.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    How many loot boxes will it take to unlock all the cars and modes?

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    WHAT. IS. IT.
    what-is-it
    IS IT?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Heavenly Sword ruled

Yeah, that's one of few games I played through multiple times. I loved it. Hellblade is the first of their games I've played that I disliked. Enslaved was probably one of my favourite games from the previous generations, along with the Uncharteds.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Not sure how I feel about Let it Die yet.

I love the style, its got Suda51 written all over it. Combat feels kind of rough though, going to give it abit more time and see how I'm feeling.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I love the style, its got Suda51 written all over it. Combat feels kind of rough though, going to give it abit more time and see how I'm feeling.

I enjoyed it but I played it right before I got FFXV so I ended up cutting my playtime short.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Thumper was only $6, so I grabbed it and played the first two levels with my Gold headphones on.

I feel unsettled. This game unsettled me. I can't even explain why. The music? The backgrounds? Whatever it was, it was not a relaxing experience. Fun, but not relaxing.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Hey (hey)
    You (you)
    I don't like your girlfriend

Or no sale.

Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I recommend looking at some guides or something, because there's a lot of stuff going on in that game that isn't clear at the very start. But winds up being increasingly more important as the game continues. You can do a few things at the start just messing around that you'll realize really slowed you down later.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Glad to see one of my favorite games of last gen back! I hope it gets released physically.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Thumper was only $6, so I grabbed it and played the first two levels with my Gold headphones on.

I feel unsettled. This game unsettled me. I can't even explain why. The music? The backgrounds? Whatever it was, it was not a relaxing experience. Fun, but not relaxing.

The game is very stressful.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I really really like Thumper's aesthetic, but I don't like how there's no regular rhythm to follow since the music is less music as it is closer to generated sounds. I can't get into a rhythm game with no rhythm.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's more sound cues that happen before something shows up.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I would pay full price for an Enslaved remake. Played through it last fall and it was still great if a bit hitchy.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Once they added custom soundtrack support, I never even listened to the Paradise soundtrack (and I particularly hate the song Paradise City). But I remember having to go through the trouble of copying mp3 files to my PS3. So glad I can just play this with easy access to Spotify.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

I know this was probably meant as a joke, but EA did come out and specifically say there are no micro-transactions or DLC.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    nusu wrote: »

I know this was probably meant as a joke, but EA did come out and specifically say there are no micro-transactions or DLC.

It was meant as a joke, but glad to see that there won’t be loot boxes or dlc.

• Options
    I really love how much negativity is attached to loot boxes now. And I say that as someone who used to think they were neat, but like most neat ideas, the "AAA" publishers ran it into the ground.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I really love how much negativity is attached to loot boxes now. And I say that as someone who used to think they were neat, but like most neat ideas, the "AAA" publishers ran it into the ground.

Well, they did literally monetize what happens when you kill any random trash mob in Diablo, so they deserve any flak they get.

• Options
    Dangit, where's the SAO: Fatal Bullet reviews??

Also, when I was searching for them, I typed in "Fatal Buttel"...

Actually, I've been doing that alot lately when I type. Swapping letters in words... am I going mad?

y/y

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    you just wanna see some deadly butts ain't no shame in that

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Well, they did literally monetize what happens when you kill any random trash mob in Diablo, so they deserve any flak they get.

The Auction House? It's been gone for a while now.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

The Auction House? It's been gone for a while now.
    they still did it in the first place.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    No, I mean killing any random trash mob in Diablo drops random rewards. Money, loot, blah blah.

They turned a basic attack in Diablo into a monetized thing.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    No, I mean killing any random trash mob in Diablo drops random rewards. Money, loot, blah blah.

They turned a basic attack in Diablo into a monetized thing.

Hold on, mobs dropping random loot is how action RPGs have worked since their inception. This is a problem because?

• Options
    I don't understand how this isn't clear.

Loot boxes distribute a random assortment of money, items, etc.
    Killing a mob in Diablo does the same thing.

These companies took a very basic thing that takes a single mouse click and turned it into something they charged money for. It's good that they're finally getting backlash over it.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Speaking of addicting loot based games, Metal Gear Survive is currently my drug of choice on PS4. I never thought I'd be so happy finding bow and arrow recipes.

• Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Speaking of addicting loot based games, Metal Gear Survive is currently my drug of choice on PS4. I never thought I'd be so happy finding bow and arrow recipes.

Im glad my first impression was so disastrous then... I entered the matrix like loadout area, accidentally took off all my clothes with the click of a button, and then couldn't figure out how to put them back on.

Witchsight.png