As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Black Friday 2017 and onwards!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Snagged Yakuza Kiwami for $18. If I ever managed to pull myself away from God of War, I'm going to finish Yakuza 6. Then I'm going to finish Yakuza 0 and then play Kiwami. I'm sure I'll buy the Yakuza 2 remake, and I can only hope they remake 3, 4, and 5. Just like Persona, I stuck with Yakuza and it's finally clicked for me :^:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I never played the first Nier or any of the Drakengaard games but $30 off Automata was too good to pass up I guess

You're fine; I watched hours of stuff in prep for Automata and none of it was really required. I do need to finish the game, though; I'm just gonna start over. I picked up a copy off Amazon for $32 last week.

From what I saw, the Nier: Automata DLC is on sale for the first (?) time. Has anyone played it to recommend or not?

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Not a great start for Cosmic Star Heroine's Vita version. Got a few screens into the start of the game and it crashed out.

Yeah, I picked it up on pc ages ago and it was buggy as fuck. Basically you have to be saving constantly or you risk losing progress.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Artereis wrote: »
    Not a great start for Cosmic Star Heroine's Vita version. Got a few screens into the start of the game and it crashed out.

Yeah, I picked it up on pc ages ago and it was buggy as fuck. Basically you have to be saving constantly or you risk losing progress.
    The PS4 version was fine. For me anyway.

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    I never played the first Nier or any of the Drakengaard games but $30 off Automata was too good to pass up I guess

You're fine; I watched hours of stuff in prep for Automata and none of it was really required. I do need to finish the game, though; I'm just gonna start over. I picked up a copy off Amazon for $32 last week.

From what I saw, the Nier: Automata DLC is on sale for the first (?) time. Has anyone played it to recommend or not?

I liked it! General Nier spoilers below:
    It’s a few combat arenas, all of which have a loose narrative running through them. There’s some sweet-ass gear to unlock (particularly an A2 costume which is aces), and some additional content which I won’t spoil. The only downside is that you have to be close to max-level to complete it, so if you nuked your save, you’ll need to basically run through the whole game again.

• Options
    Beyond: Two Souls and Rayman Legends are the PS4 Plus games for May.

Glad I held off on rebuying Beyond!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Snagged Yakuza Kiwami for $18. If I ever managed to pull myself away from God of War, I'm going to finish Yakuza 6. Then I'm going to finish Yakuza 0 and then play Kiwami. I'm sure I'll buy the Yakuza 2 remake, and I can only hope they remake 3, 4, and 5. Just like Persona, I stuck with Yakuza and it's finally clicked for me :^:

I wouldn't expect a remake of 3-5. There's not much reason to do so, they are still relatively modern games.

The best we'd get is a PS4 release with maybe some remastering.

• Options
    Remaster's fine as long as they bring em to PS4.

Also, Insomniac confirmed today that Spider-Man's sexy Iron Spider suit from Avengers: Infinity War is one of the suits you can craft in the game.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I'm very down with Beyond: Two Souls and Rayman Legends being the Plus games. Those are two games that I wanted to pick up when they came out and then skipped for whatever reason.

Also, glad to see that Nier is on sale for $30! Should pick that up, but the backlog is so long that I may be able to talk myself out of it. Eventually, I'll play it.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Of course it is a game I've bought and haven't started yet.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Just bought Beyond last week

You’re all welcome

• Options
    Just bought a PlayStation TV, hoping the streaming is decent.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Of course it is a game I've bought and haven't started yet.

Someone always has.....The Touch

It's for the greater good

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Remaster's fine as long as they bring em to PS4.

Yeah, 4 was my favorite overall, I think, and I'd really love to play it again on PS4, remaster or remake, I don't care.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Just bought a PlayStation TV, hoping the streaming is decent.

You'll want to have both the PS4 and the PlayStation TV plugged into ethernet; streaming over wifi is reportedly a bit hit or miss. I haven't streamed with mine, but my unit's wifi speeds in general aren't spectacular.

Also, compatibility with the Vita's library is pretty spotty. Reviews2Go has the most complete compatibility list. If it's not on there, it's probably not going to work.

Frem on
  • Options
    Thanks mate, I'll have them both plugged in.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The Capcom x Sega Humble Bundle is a crazy deal if, like me, you don't own any of those games.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/24/save-big-with-the-capcom-x-sega-humble-bundle/

Be warned they're spread out over PS3, PS4 and Vita.

Still a good deal for $15 or so.

If anybody is interested in the bundle but does not want Monkey Ball or Code Veronica, I'd be willing to trade for those two keys.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Dudes with guns have started showing up in rando fights in Yakuza 6. Maybe there was a chance those guys I was knifing survived, but I've definitely murdered some dudes with those guns. You roll up on Kiryu with a gun, you best not miss, boi!

Also, Kiryu is super rad.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Possible stupid question, but it is on sale, so...

Persona 5: Yay or Nay?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

It was my favorite game last year. You should absolutely play it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's got some problems and the middle part can really drag, but if you have any appreciation for turn-based JRPGs you'll probably ultimately enjoy your time with it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It might be the most stylish game I’ve ever played

• Options

Super Yay. Ultra Yay even.

Do you like Persona? You'll love P5.

Do you like JRPGs? You'll love P5.

Also, the game's stylish as fuck and has possibly the best soundtrack of any game.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I love jrpgs and love P3 and 4. Just never paid much attention to 5 (mainly because I wouldn't be getting it at launch, so best to avoid spoilers), so for all I could know, it's the Persona that shits the bed and everybody hates.

But good to know. Thanks!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I love jrpgs and love P3 and 4. Just never paid much attention to 5 (mainly because I wouldn't be getting it at launch, so best to avoid spoilers), so for all I could know, it's the Persona that shits the bed and everybody hates.

But good to know. Thanks!

I'm playing it right now and that would be a nope. I really dug P4, but P5 slathers so much style and quality of life improvements over everything I'm not sure I could ever got back to P4 now.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I kind of went nuts after getting RE:REmake and Code Veronica from the humble bundle.

I bought RE 4, 5, 6, and 7 along with RE: Revelations.

I also bought all the RE movies on bluray.

I woke up to shipping notifications and went oh wow I actually did that.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Itchy, tasty

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The Capcom x Sega Humble Bundle is a crazy deal if, like me, you don't own any of those games.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/24/save-big-with-the-capcom-x-sega-humble-bundle/

Be warned they're spread out over PS3, PS4 and Vita.

Still a good deal for $15 or so.

If anybody is interested in the bundle but does not want Monkey Ball or Code Veronica, I'd be willing to trade for those two keys.

Sadly I think it is all one code so you can't break up the bundle. At least that's the impression I get from the warning on the page.
    ATTENTION: A single key will be provided to redeem all the games in your bundle. You will not be able to add money to unlock additional content after your initial purchase.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    It is one code.

All I wanted was the 2 vita games - so I paid $1 and Monkey Ball and Dustforce are both better than I expected.

Dustforce REALLY makes me miss Splosion Man.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    I kind of went nuts after getting RE:REmake and Code Veronica from the humble bundle.

I learned to love the movies once I made peace with the fact that they are nothing like the games. They're just really fun dumb movies. Though, the last one is not as cool as the trailer made it seem IMO.

Also, you forgot RE Rev 2.

• Options

I learned to love the movies once I made peace with the fact that they are nothing like the games. They're just really fun dumb movies. Though, the last one is not as cool as the trailer made it seem IMO.

Rev 2 wasn't in stock at Amazon so I'll have to pick it up later.

And yeah I've only seen two of the RE films and they're super entertaining to me.

• Options
    Ah, for some reason I assumed you bought all those games digital :P

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm a big fan of physical games. Probably 85% of mine are physical. I usually only go digital for digital only indie games or ridiculously good sales (like Titanfall 2 for $6 the other day, or the $15 humble bundle that got me 7 games).

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular

There are a few CGI movies set in the game universe. I would go so far as to call the 3rd one “fun”. And it’s got Rebecca!

• Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    It is one code.

All I wanted was the 2 vita games - so I paid $1 and Monkey Ball and Dustforce are both better than I expected.

Dustforce REALLY makes me miss Splosion Man.

Too bad they never fixed the optimization for Vita. Some levels are unplayable because of the slowdown. It’s not a game where intermittent fits and spasms are still playable.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    We have any Super Robot Wars fans in here? Super Robot Wars X released today in English. It's on the Singapore PSN if you want to get it digitally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ch7vaemnTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXN8-eIqhM

Play Asia delivered my physical steelbox version to me, today, on release day, from Hong Kong. I am... pretty satisfied with their service.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Play Asia hasn't even sent mine yet. Though I did order the Vita version.

• Options
    Does the PS4 region lock games?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    PS4 disks don't have region locking, but the playstation storefront is different from region to region.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    SRW actually released yesterday digitally. 12 hour time zone difference had it unlock at noon. It's pretty good so far. It's the same system that SRW V used last year.

PSN|AspectVoid