As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dropmix!

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i think it was @Maddoc said he was using the KMC Perfect (i picked some up at PAX South to use on my set), and it reads about a 6-stack? haven't sleeved 'em to test myself, yet, but this reddit thread has some options/opinions.

the OP used the Ultra Pro Premium and stacked up to 16.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I have KMC Hyper Matte and they work up to about 6 or so. I think they stacked even higher on a buddy's board, but I can't confirm right now.

Unrelated:
    Does anyone else's board light up randomly like it's trying to connect to the app, despite being nowhere near it? I've seen it happen fairly often, and I wonder if it's killing my batteries.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    i think it was @Maddoc said he was using the KMC Perfect (i picked some up at PAX South to use on my set), and it reads about a 6-stack? haven't sleeved 'em to test myself, yet, but this reddit thread has some options/opinions.

the OP used the Ultra Pro Premium and stacked up to 16.

So I just tested it, and I was able to get them to stack up to 14-15 without any issues

At 16, it started having trouble figuring out which card was on top so it'd switch between the top and second to top card erratically unless I pressed them down

So realistically, you wouldn't really have any issues with KMC Perfect I think

The one caveat that I mentioned before is that they are a super tight fit, and if you're not careful you can definitely bend the cards getting them into the sleeves

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    When you save a mix, does it get saved to a specific folder on your device? Just noticed I've been saving a bunch without even thinking about storage space and would like to move them over to my PC if possible.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    NeoToma Stilts
    your tune!
    https://youtu.be/GgjG75IMz40

Wooo!

It's really incredible how we just happened to make that during Clash. It sounds so good!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    When you save a mix, does it get saved to a specific folder on your device? Just noticed I've been saving a bunch without even thinking about storage space and would like to move them over to my PC if possible.

You mean exporting them as video?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I wasnt sure if they were saved locally on a device and then can be transferred to a PC. Are saved mixes being saved on my phone, taking up space?

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I wasnt sure if they were saved locally on a device and then can be transferred to a PC. Are saved mixes being saved on my phone, taking up space?

If you're exporting the mixes as a video, they should end up in your video or media folder on your device, and you can transfer them onto your PC. The videos take a while to export and end up being between 7-12 MB a pop.

If you're just saving the mix in-game, it's code that's hidden in the app itself and presumably takes up very little memory space, as you can trade links for custom mixes with people and they pop up instantly assuming you have all the cards downloaded already.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    NeoToma Stilts
    your tune!
    https://youtu.be/GgjG75IMz40

Wooo!

It's really incredible how we just happened to make that during Clash. It sounds so good!

This mix just sold me on this game holy shit

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    gotta extremely resist the urge to buy that

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    gotta extremely resist the urge to buy that
    Good news, it's already sold out.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    my wallet lives another day

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Redditor made a site where you can create mockup cards:

https://dude902.github.io/DropMix-Card-Template/

Update: The Lucky Playlist is live on Hasbro: https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-c3886as00

CESDROPMIX code still works.

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    JerrithJerrith Registered User new member
    My favorite mix - Take My Sunshine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUaxqcBVPLA

Lucky and Discover Series 3 appeared on Amazon today. Lucky sold out almost instantly, but Discover Series 3 is still in stock.

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod

Update: The Lucky Playlist is live on Hasbro: https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-c3886as00

GAMES2018 is giving you 25% off until the 28th

• Options
    edited January 2018
    just picked up the Target exclusive playlist (Flawless). i'm not the most completionist, but man, i could slide down that road with this game... i almost bought more than one playlist, but i figured i should get 'em through that Hasbro discount if i do go in on this.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    just picked up the Target exclusive playlist (Flawless). i'm not the most completionist, but man, i could slide down that road with this game... i almost bought more than one playlist, but i figured i should get 'em through that Hasbro discount if i do go in on this.
    It's real, real easy to go down the "Gotta Catch 'em All!" path here. The biggest barrier is finding some of the cards!

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I got to play this last weekend and I actually enjoyed the regular play mode a lot more than I thought I would - turns out the beatmatching mixed with the rush of selecting a card for the right part and levels actually sounds good while you're at it

and then we tried freestyle and we were really bad at it!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I got to play this last weekend and I actually enjoyed the regular play mode a lot more than I thought I would - turns out the beatmatching mixed with the rush of selecting a card for the right part and levels actually sounds good while you're at it

and then we tried freestyle and we were really bad at it!

One thing that helps clash and party is that the dropmix button is "hit" frequently, resetting the mix. In freestyle the tempo and pitch are set by the first card and any later played wild cards, unless you hit that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    denihilist wrote: »

GAMES2018 is giving you 25% off until the 28th

The GAMES2018 promo code is a 25% discount, free shipping starts at $49.

The CESDROPMIX code is a 20% discount with free shipping regardless of total.

GAMES2018 is a better deal if your subtotal before the promo discount is over $49.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It's real, real easy to go down the "Gotta Catch 'em All!" path here. The biggest barrier is finding some of the cards!
    yeaaaaah 'bout that.

so, i got the Ouroboros pack --which is supposedly only in the UK-- at Toys R Us... [size=tiny]among other playlists[/tiny]. also gushed about the game to the girl who helped me find it, and she ended up giving me her number 'cause she's new in town and needs friends. DropMix: Brings People Together! (let's ignore my social anxiety for this heartwarming moment.)

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    So, the confirmation email I got from Hasbro said "shipping 2/15", but I just got a package from them. That should be my discover packs!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Got mine too!

... Man, the way they come packaged just looks tiny.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    when the heck is BestBuy getting Chiller? I need dat New Order song

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Okay. I wasn't expecting this, but I think Moonlight (Country) is my new favorite playlist.

I want to throw this sucker in with Tower or Fever, maybe Astro something fierce.

https://share.dropmix.com/X_ghkhO4SSmrAV2NkeThA28sbFwDxJh9nJGg3vt5mI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDmKZXAZ7FI

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I was surprised at how many Moonlight tracks I really enjoyed, since I didn't look at any track lists for series 3/4 before hand.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    I had gone through and looked for songs I liked, like Jolene and Every Rose has its Thorn, and stuff like that. But as I'm not into country, a lot of the songs were lost on me.

• Options
    Anyone been able to pick up Lucky? Supposedly it is out by now but I'm thinking it is not a wide release yet.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Anyone been able to pick up Lucky? Supposedly it is out by now but I'm thinking it is not a wide release yet.
    Yup! I managed to snag it off Amazon when they had it for 15 minutes. Still looking for the first two Discoveries and Chiller though. :cry:

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Yup! I managed to snag it off Amazon when they had it for 15 minutes. Still looking for the first two Discoveries and Chiller though. :cry:

Generally it looks like Chiller hasn't been released yet. Yay best buy exclusives!

What do you mean by discoveries? I have pretty easy access to all of Series 1 and 2 locally. 3 and 4 I got off HasbroToyShop.

• Options
  • Options
    My local game store has them. If you want me to pick them up for you at retail cost + shipping, let me know. (I earn rewards points for every $25 spent there).

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    This was on sale for $69.99 at Target the other day and that was enough of a push to get me to finally buy it, plus the Target Exclusive Pop pack.

Its really fun! I just need more cards

• Options
    One of us...

I introduced it to some old friends who were in town by playing a few games at our favorite local pizza pub.

All the staff were curious what we were doing, so I demo'ed it a bit for them too.

I also wore through my first set of batteries, which is fun.

Still can't firmware upgrade, even after re-installing the OS on my phone, but that's okay.

• Options
    I still need to hunt down a Lucky...

• Options
    I still need to hunt down a Lucky...

HasbroToyShop is doing free shipping right now, I think, with a special code. They are saying it'll be available 3/1, but I suspect that is just the restock time - they often get in things earlier.

• Options
    I swung by Best Buy in the fruitless hope of finding Chiller.

Instead I walked out with a Chromecast, which works really well with Dropmix!

• Options
    Head's up, Lucky is listed as in stock on HTS.

$5.99 shipping (because I couldn't find anything else I wanted to buy at this time, but eh).

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/brands/brands-A-L/-dropmix/-c3886as00

The reddit is talking about Ultra Pro having some Dropmix product out in a couple months, but no one knows what.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Yes hello thread, you've convinced me to get this. It is very very good.