Options

[Steam]: The Backlog does matter? Backlog Challenge spreadsheet linked top of OP.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I've heard they were very solidly mediocre. I've always wanted to give them a shot.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Decided to not take a break from the Assassin's Creed series after completing Liberation and started up Unity. Boy it pushes my system a lot! Fans were at max and temperatures were high but it played fine. Best in mind I have a 1080ti and one of the i7s that came out this year. Oooof.

The game itself plays ok. It's easy jankier than the other AC games, that's for sure. I've not had any game breaking bugs or weird faces :lol:

Couple times I saw NPCs g floating in the air and Arno, the main protagonist bugs out when free running oftentimes getting caught up on geometry or just making a jump that is impossible.... He sorta floats across a gap more often than he should.

The story is interesting but nothing to scream about, the main character is the real draw here but he seems to be becoming more grimdark as the story progresses which is a shame. I quite liked his little quips and digs. I'm about 4 hours in and 22% through the main story according to the progress tracker so it shouldn't take long to beat it...... It's just very bland so far. Really hoping it picks up and the assassination missions, whilst cool in concept are buggy and don't work the way they intended, sadly.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    @Arithon32 sent me a Gal Civ 3 key so I can begin my digital takeover of the galaxy.

Gracias!

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Unity is super badly optimised.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Is Syndicate better? I got it free on Uplay, but haven't gotten around to testing it myself.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I just discovered that The Signal From Tolva has a 48 page lore book. It's pretty cool, check it out.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm suddenly inspired to replay one of the saints row games because I've yet to see a movie where someone with Melissa McCartney or Raven Simone's body types snaps a neck, tosses them in the dumpster, and snipes a VIP in a limo.

I really should jump back into death to spies after Xenonauts.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Is Syndicate better? I got it free on Uplay, but haven't gotten around to testing it myself.

I don't know about optimization, but gameplay, story, and just about everything it beats Unity at.

Well except taking place in France.

Seriously, people had been waiting a long time in hopes of getting an Assassin's Creed set during the French Revolution only for it to fall flat in comparison.

I think the plus side is it finally woke up Ubisoft that cranking out an AC game every year isn't the best idea. Thankfully they redeemed themselves with Syndicate IMO.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    SteevL wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed Liberation beat! Just Unity to go before I can delve into Origin!

Wait... There are Assasins Creed games besides II/brotherhood/rev and Black flag/freedom cry/rogue?

Who knew?

I always forget about Liberation despite my owning it. I've still never played it/ I know it's set around the same time period of AC3 and that it's a PSP port.
    I kid, but yeah I totally forgot liberation was a thing, and have never played much of 3 at all despite owning it for years... missed out on unity and syndicate too. I hear unity turned out to be good eventually?

I just bought the Farcry games I didnt have yet... will try 4 and blood dragon but so far I still like primal best...

People in this very thread have said that Unity still isn't a good game, unfortunately. And I still aim to find out for myself, for good or ill. But I won't be buying it for a while.

I've never played the Far Cry series beyond Blood Dragon. Eventually I want to play Far Cry 4, but it can wait. Especially after playing AC: Rogue. I'm pretty well Ubisoft Open World Game fatigued.

I enjoyed Far Cry 4 but didn't even bother taking all the outposts. They'd started to run together in my mind, I didn't get any meaningful reward from taking them anymore, and interacting with the main villain was more interesting for me.

See, that’s why I like primal. The story isn’t compelling, but every few days I can drop in for an hour or two and hunt/tame animals or fight the neandertal canibal/witch slavers for more land for my generic cromagnon people. Clearing a really hard base then seeing it populated by friendlies who fight with me against raids is pretty neat, and it feels more organic than farcry 3 or 4. The crafting and hunting is more fun too.

Although I had a twinge of guilt last night, had some trouble with an neandertal outpost, so hit it at night with stealth takedowns and fire arrows. Shot a neandertal with a fire arrow who was asleep in a cot, they ran off on fire and died, went to loot and it was a woman... so I basically set some poor sleeping lady on fire in an effort to kick her tribe out of her village so I could take their houses and move in my own people... I may not be playing as the good guy here.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    so I basically set some poor sleeping lady on fire in an effort to kick her tribe out of her village so I could take their houses and move in my own people...

Wait so would it have been okay if it were a sleeping man you set on fire? :wink:
    I may not be playing as the good guy here.

...you have my attention.

Karoz on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    One thing I forgot to mention about Rise of the Tomb Raider: as I was playing, I'd occasionally come across backpacks that didn't appear to be a part of the game's set collectibles (including the backpacks you find that show you other item locations on the map). When I'd pick one up, it would give me a name, which I later realized was the name of someone on my Steam friends list. Do these appear where someone in my friends list might have died in-game recently or something? I didn't make the connection until I was near the end of my playthrough.

Never heard of this, but it sounds cool. Reminds me a bit of dark souls.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Nier: Automata has that component, as well. If you come across the "bodies" of other players, you can choose to loot them or reanimate them to help you (you only get one helper at a time).

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Is the Most Wanted games among friends feature busted for anyone else? It hasn't been working for me on the web or in the client for a while now. :(

5AS28J1.png

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Nier: Automata has that component, as well. If you come across the "bodies" of other players, you can choose to loot them or reanimate them to help you (you only get one helper at a time).

I always reanimate them. Turning other players into undead minions is a thing that appeals to me. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Is the Most Wanted games among friends feature busted for anyone else? It hasn't been working for me on the web or in the client for a while now. :(

snip

puwmxi403ier.png

Works for me.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I didn’t think I was going to get anything this sale, I have an enormous backlog and tons of games I’ve bought and never played, so it didn’t seem reasonable.

But I did grab Endless Space 2 and sat with it for about 45 minutes last night. That’s a very pretty game, and looks like a great entry for my recent interest in 4X games.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    The only think I ended up getting myself in this sale was Clustertruck, and gifting Undertale to a friend.

Doubting whether to spend these ten bucks I got left in the couple hours left.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed Liberation beat! Just Unity to go before I can delve into Origin!

Wait... There are Assasins Creed games besides II/brotherhood/rev and Black flag/freedom cry/rogue?

Who knew?

I always forget about Liberation despite my owning it. I've still never played it/ I know it's set around the same time period of AC3 and that it's a PSP port.
    I kid, but yeah I totally forgot liberation was a thing, and have never played much of 3 at all despite owning it for years... missed out on unity and syndicate too. I hear unity turned out to be good eventually?

I just bought the Farcry games I didnt have yet... will try 4 and blood dragon but so far I still like primal best...

People in this very thread have said that Unity still isn't a good game, unfortunately. And I still aim to find out for myself, for good or ill. But I won't be buying it for a while.

I've never played the Far Cry series beyond Blood Dragon. Eventually I want to play Far Cry 4, but it can wait. Especially after playing AC: Rogue. I'm pretty well Ubisoft Open World Game fatigued.

I enjoyed Far Cry 4 but didn't even bother taking all the outposts. They'd started to run together in my mind, I didn't get any meaningful reward from taking them anymore, and interacting with the main villain was more interesting for me.

See, that’s why I like primal. The story isn’t compelling, but every few days I can drop in for an hour or two and hunt/tame animals or fight the neandertal canibal/witch slavers for more land for my generic cromagnon people. Clearing a really hard base then seeing it populated by friendlies who fight with me against raids is pretty neat, and it feels more organic than farcry 3 or 4. The crafting and hunting is more fun too.

Although I had a twinge of guilt last night, had some trouble with an neandertal outpost, so hit it at night with stealth takedowns and fire arrows. Shot a neandertal with a fire arrow who was asleep in a cot, they ran off on fire and died, went to loot and it was a woman... so I basically set some poor sleeping lady on fire in an effort to kick her tribe out of her village so I could take their houses and move in my own people... I may not be playing as the good guy here.

Well it's a Far Cry that's not Blood Dragon or the first. That's kind of a given.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    The only think I ended up getting myself in this sale was Clustertruck, and gifting Undertale to a friend.

Doubting whether to spend these ten bucks I got left in the couple hours left.

Winter Gale will be here in a month.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I admitted my shame in Steam chat. @UseR2006 would have none of it:

dU2fepD.png

I guess I need to finally try Quake :) Anyone want to play tonight?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options

Plus you got some randomly generated poetry to go along with the body.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Random? I always set what my corpse text was and assumed other people did as well. It was fun playing with the mix-n-match poetry generator.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    All this NieR talk has me thinking I should go and finish up the achievements I'm lacking. I finished the game story but still have ~10 left to go. That and I enjoyed the combat so going back to finish things up as a victory lap of sorts would be fun (and I can uninstall the game after I'm done and free up a quarter hojillion GB on my hard drive.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    One thing I forgot to mention about Rise of the Tomb Raider: as I was playing, I'd occasionally come across backpacks that didn't appear to be a part of the game's set collectibles (including the backpacks you find that show you other item locations on the map). When I'd pick one up, it would give me a name, which I later realized was the name of someone on my Steam friends list. Do these appear where someone in my friends list might have died in-game recently or something? I didn't make the connection until I was near the end of my playthrough.

Never heard of this, but it sounds cool. Reminds me a bit of dark souls.

I did a little digging around, and it looks like my suspicions about how it works are mostly correct. It gives you 3000 credits and some expedition cards, both of which are used for the game's other mode which I haven't touched. Still, it's a neat touch. I like it when games pull from your friends list like that.

• Options

Random? I always set what my corpse text was and assumed other people did as well. It was fun playing with the mix-n-match poetry generator.

Well I thought it was random. I never died during the first half of the game, only the second where I never got an option to enter text.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Well I thought it was random. I never died during the first half of the game, only the second where I never got an option to enter text.

You don't enter it when you die. You set it in your game options somewhere. I forget where exactly - it's been a while.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Do people in this thread want filthy Origin keys too?

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    While I wait for an answer up there, here have Sid Meier's Pirates! Steam key:

Loading...?

• Options

Origin keys will almost certainly get scooped up by someone. :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Okay, then. Watch this space later today!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Especially for Titanfall or Battlefront.

• Options
    Speaking of Origin, they recently switched their free game of the moment to Plants vs. Zombies. If you've never played the original Plants vs. Zombies, it's a fantastic little tower defense game.

• Options
    I'm really starting to enjoy Xenonauts, I'm screwing over the western hemisphere, but its.....Oh fucking, my best sniper?

But I'm a bit miffed I cannot equip my troops with alien weapons after researching them the way I can in XCOM, X-COM, and UFO:AI.

But at least I can scavenge them on the battlefield.

Suppression is a mechanic I enjoy in this game and wish it had been in others, or at least signaled.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

"Forsooth, I beeseech thee
    gnaw upon my derriere
    such iron luminescence."

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    New Humble Bundle:

$1:
    F1 RACE STARS™
    F1™ 2011
    F1™ 2012
    Toybox Turbos

BTA:
    GRID 2
    F1™ 2014
    F1™ 2015
    F1 RACE STARS™ + Season Pass
    60% off DiRT 4 Coupon
    40% off F1™ 2017 Coupon
    F1™ 2017 DLC - 1988 McLAREN MP4/4 Classic Car
    DiRT 4 DLC - Hyundai R5 Rally Car
    DiRT 4 DLC - Team Booster Pack
    More games to be added next week

$15:
    Micro MachinesWorld Series
    F1™ 2016
    DiRT Rally
    F1™ 2016 DLC - Career Booster Pack

I think it's the first time I see DLCs in a humble bundle for games not included in the bundle itself. IGN effect already, maybe?
    Also this bundle will last 3 weeks instead of the usual 2.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Humble Bundle:

$1:
    F1 RACE STARS™
    F1™ 2011
    F1™ 2012
    Toybox Turbos

BTA:
    GRID 2
    F1™ 2014
    F1™ 2015
    60% off DiRT 4 Coupon
    40% off F1™ 2017 Coupon

$15:
    F1™ 2016
    DiRT Rally

Well, I'm certainly not going to race to the site to buy that bundle, but it sounds great for people who like those types of games.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    The bundle would be more interesting if half of them weren't coupons, DLC, and a bunch of outdated F1 games. I may bite though since I never fucked with F1 and why the hell not.

Yo @Jazz tell me about Codemasters F1 games.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Humble Bundle:

$1:
    F1 RACE STARS™
    F1™ 2011
    F1™ 2012
    Toybox Turbos

BTA:
    GRID 2
    F1™ 2014
    F1™ 2015
    60% off DiRT 4 Coupon
    40% off F1™ 2017 Coupon

$15:
    F1™ 2016
    DiRT Rally

Well, I'm certainly not going to race to the site to buy that bundle, but it sounds great for people who like those types of games.

Ya this bundle doesn't really drive me to buy it.

• Options
    Lovely barista in a star wars shirt brought to the surface the fact that I've played and beaten nearly every single player fps star wars game on steam from before Disney.

And now I'm sad

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Still enjoying TellTale's Guardians of the Galaxy. Finished up Episode Three, and there's some big swings in there.
    But it definitely has all those TellTale game foibles. There was a conversation choice where the severity of my dialogue was WAY beyond the slightly skeptical sounding text choice I made. I had to drop out of that and restart the whole section. It was a hard break decision point for something I'd been trying to do the opposite of throughout the game up until that point. They did not telegraph that well at all.

This discussion has been closed.