As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - End Of The Line

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - End Of The Line

End Of The Line

End Of The Line

http://www.campcomic.com/comic/486

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• JuniorRollJuniorRoll Registered User new member
    NOOOO!

• HasudesuHasudesu Registered User regular
    OK, this just got really really cool

• JReynoldsJReynolds Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The way -into- the camp requires a long drive (through mountains!) to the camp gate. Upon which I'm sure is written "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate". Getting out on foot would be ... difficult at best.

And those who do get to the nearest town? I'm sure there's a cell in a Supermax prison waiting for them.

I guess we'll see.

JReynolds on
  • SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    I'm worried where this could possibly go from here on... Especially since I'm reading too much into Linus handing the rope to Malachi.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    They attempt to leave but hit an invisible barrier. Slow zoom out to Neiman holding a snow globe.

• lethegrinlethegrin Registered User new member
    One of the campers is in a coma, perhaps Linus? Once he walks down "the way out of camp" he will awaken to see all the familiar characters just in different roles in a "wizard of oz"-esque scene.

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Hm.
    I don’t know if I believe that’s an exit.
    Friday can’t get here soon enough.

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Wait, he's gonna head towards that apparent slightly brighter but still ominous exist?
    Nope. Not gonna happen. Malachi still needs to celebrate his one-day-past-birthday!

• ShadymanShadyman Registered User regular
    What lies on the other side? The padded walls of a psych ward? Hmmm.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Reminds me of 'Inferno' by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle. Someday it will be Mal's turn. Or maybe he's aged out, time to leave Neverland for the real world. Too many possibilities!

BTW - anyone see a kitty? I think I see just ears. But I could be wrong.

Hawk1966 on
  • DublinDublin Registered User regular
    And we all have to wait till Friday! Oh, the humanity!

• IcecreamIcecream Registered User new member
    Butler / 9:20AM
    They attempt to leave but hit an invisible barrier. Slow zoom out to Neiman holding a snow globe.

So we're all just going to ignore this masterpiece?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total ... ooh, biscuits!
  • ApplemaskApplemask Registered User regular
    AW SHIT SON

• LazySusanneLazySusanne Registered User new member
    REYNOLDS / 3:58AM
    The way -into- the camp requires a long drive (through mountains!) to the camp gate. Upon which I'm sure is written "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate". Getting out on foot would be ... difficult at best.

And those who do get to the nearest town? I'm sure there's a cell in a Supermax prison waiting for them.

I guess we'll see.

Wait, yeah, there's a road out of camp. Why don't they just use that? Why haven't any of them just walked back out?

• CandlewhisperCandlewhisper Registered User regular
    So they're all dead right? Malachi can see dead people.

*Insert other M. Night Shyamalan twist here*

Or we could get the "Lost" approach, where we get more and more unanswered questions, and then a final comic strip that refuses to answer any of them.

• FellowFellow Registered User regular
    Man, Malachai can't even host a birthday party the right way, he just manages to make the birthday boy leave him forever. If only he were more like his dad.

• WolandWoland Registered User regular
    Does anyone else see Wario in the bush in the bottom right corner of the final panel? On the top?

• CryptkickerCryptkicker Registered User regular
    Hawk1966: Fourth panel.

• ShamrockSeraphShamrockSeraph Registered User regular
    Notice the lantern on his backpack. This almost feels like some Dark Knight Rises shit.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    End of the rope.... start of the true journey.

• BrobBrob Registered User regular
    Just out of sight down the path is a ravine filled with the remains of past campers who have found "the way out."

• GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    Whoa! Now that is how you do a cliffhanger!

• MIJackelMIJackel Registered User regular
    I think that leads right back to the library. They have been traveling a looong time through the dark woods, It is easy to get turned around.

Also, No cats as they are all eating the rope with proto-kid.

• UnwieldyUnwieldy Registered User regular
    Is Mal the librarian now? There are so many things going on here, I can't wait to see what happens.

• RuntCakeRuntCake Swampsville, USARegistered User regular
    Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNN!

The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed after him.
  • mdude009mdude009 Registered User regular
    Notice how he stares at the rope when he says he's found what he's looking for?
    Don't do it Linus.

• ShadymanShadyman Registered User regular
    So I guess you could say (puts on shades) he's reached the end of his rope.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

• SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    ye56qm06zdsn.jpeg

• PotatamotoPotatamoto Registered User new member
    Yes, I reckon that this is the fate of every kid who starts getting old enough to lose their fear of the deep, dark woods in favor of getting the hell out and figuring out what's going on. Needless to say, whatever they find, they don't come back.

I wonder if Purdy's been thinking about it.

• xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    But... but I don't want him to leave ; __ ;

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    don't you dare leave this on this cliffhanger and letting us wait for season three! /GJ in storytelling. thank you

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    "Darest thou now, O Soul, to go where there is no ground for the feet, nor any path to follow?" --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Roads? Where we're going we won't NEED . . . roads."
    --Dr. Emmett Brown

• te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    I told you they were hitting close home!

• mdude009mdude009 Registered User regular
    @PotataMoto
    The problem with Purdy is she pretty much belongs in Camp Weedonwantcha, send her back into the real world and she'll be building a tree house in the local park and pointing a .308 she likely stole at any hikers or who walk into one of her many traps

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    haha
    I'm just realizing
    We're all like "no, don't escape the camp you were abandoned at, where you don't have clean clothes, abundant food, adequate medical care, or adult supervision. Stay Linus, Malachi needs you!"

• SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    haha
    I'm just realizing
    We're all like "no, don't escape the camp you were abandoned at, where you don't have clean clothes, abundant food, adequate medical care, or adult supervision. Stay Linus, Malachi needs you!"

Haha yes we selfishly want to maintain the status quo of the fictional world Katie has created.

• DMDannyDMDanny Registered User new member
    This is where we find out that the outside world has "ended" and only a few isolated groups remain. Including a scavenger group that drops supplies to the kids ocasionally. They make no contact in hopes of not "contaminating" (Disease?) them.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    @Cryptkicker WOW, good eyes. I never would have seen that one. Looks like just ears in the last panel.
    Thanks!!

• Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    Has anyone made a Lost joke yet? Maybe Malachi and Linus escape together, but then months from now, Linus finds Malachi again and is all "WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!!"

Sorry to whoever's probably already made that joke ^_^

• LazyMummyLazyMummy Registered User new member
    The lengths one will go... To get away from Malachi.

Just kidding, of course. Though I DID totally forget that this was just buying time for a surprise party.