Options

and the name of the thread is [POD CATS]

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Beastcast RPG:
    Dan's self-declared reward of the Empire State Building is the only way the campaign could go, really.

Also the bullshittery of David de Grutolla/Cage continues:

Despite all my rage, I can't believe how shitty is David de Gruttola

Because him using the penname "David Cage" makes a lot of things make sense tbh

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    You: "Travis wants to fuck his character"

Me, an intellectual: "Travis wants to fuck this rabbit"

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There's basically two outcomes I will accept for that rabbit, either it dies or it starts talking and Griffin dunks on Trav at every opportunity using the rabbit version of Salem from Sabrina.

Or he's the mastermind behind the whole thing.

Aside from that I think I like this a lot more than the last pilot, everyone has found their feet quickly and I think I've got a better chance of staying with it. Unlike the prior one, where I fell off after the second episode. (Right after they got powers)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My only real complaint about it is I don't think the theme music fits the tone so far

it sounds like Deadwood when it should probably sound more like Twin Peaks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    My only real complaint about it is I don't think the theme music fits the tone so far

it sounds like Deadwood when it should probably sound more like Gravity Falls

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I think it sounds like something that fell off the Bastion soundtrack.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm tired of seemingly every weird small town thing being like Twin Peaks
    I don't want more Twin Peaks shit
    Let the music be like Deadwood if that's what it is

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I've somehow managed to not get Twin Peaksed very hard throughout my life, the most I know about Twin Peaks is that one Simpsons gag and the entirety of Deadly Premonition

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I met Cheryl Lee aka Laura Palmer once. The place we were at also had red curtains. It was wild

Twin Peaks is the best

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My main issue with Travis' character is the voice he has chosen for her

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    My main issue with Travis' character is the voice he has chosen for her

Travis is usually the least liked of the boys, voice-wise.

• Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    I've made the same mistake I think Travis has made here in RPGs I've played in: having a 'super dope' character idea way ahead of time and sticking to it no matter what I hear about the setting or the other characters, and mistaking the fact that it is incongruous as being creative in a zany way, and trying to lean into that silliness

I've found that for me it's a lot better to have a few vague outlines for different characters that can be mutated or shuffled around when it comes to actually beginning play.

Cause for me it's not so much about fitting in with everyone else, it's about being an honest collaborator and making your thing a part of the same reality as everyone else, with honesty. If you don't want to do the work to make your character seem tangible to the party in whatever scenario you've built together, then you're resigned to just doing the same Bit for hours on end.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gah

Checked out the new TAZ

Turned it off 30 seconds in

I absolutely cannot with this kind of narration stuff, it's a complete and total nonstarter

Oh well, too many podcasts already

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I think it sounds like something that fell off the Bastion soundtrack.

Bastion was composed largely using the prebuilt loops in Garageband and a lot of Griffin's music is as well, so there's often some familiar elements between the two.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Gah

Checked out the new TAZ

I absolutely cannot with this kind of narration stuff, it's a complete and total nonstarter

Wait what's your issue

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Gah

Checked out the new TAZ

Wait what's your issue

I can't do the like, self serious audio narration with backing track for a dnd game. When I'm listening to a dndgame I need it to be way more conversational and less dinner theater

It just gives me crushing embarrassment

I had to skip it when it happened in the balance arc as well

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also also also
    I’m going to lose my mind if nobody mentions that this entire Clint plotline is just Pottersville, it’s just Pottersville!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    It is collabor18 after all

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Listening to the Blank Check on Robocop while wearing my “I [Heart] Miguel Ferrer” t-shirt, my “My Other Friend Is A Kurtwood Smith” baseball cap, and my big “#1 Ray Wise Fan” foam finger

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I am all in for clint's character i this new TAZ, what a fun concept!

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Gah

Checked out the new TAZ

Wait what's your issue

I can't do the like, self serious audio narration with backing track for a dnd game. When I'm listening to a dndgame I need it to be way more conversational and less dinner theater

It just gives me crushing embarrassment

I had to skip it when it happened in the balance arc as well

Same, but even TAZ's normal jokey tone gave me this feeling after a while.

But I can't really do role-playing myself without feeling weird so not a big surprise.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Upwards of a million people on HQ tonight for Scott's first night back
    Soon enough he's gonna be asking us these from every screen in Times Square
    and then.... The World

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    and then.... The World

people want trivia

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    and then.... The World

people want trivia

How many times do I have to tell you, you cannot say people want trivia

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    and then.... The World

people want trivia

How many times do I have to tell you, you cannot say people want trivia

alright fine I'll just go get a salad at sweetgreen.

• Options
    LOCK HIM DOWN

• Options
    LOCK HIM DOWN

????

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    So far I've attempted to play HQ once. I guess it didn't like me looking at a different app during the countdown and didn't let me answer any questions.

The times it's on also aren't great for Europe.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im pretty sure you wouldnt be able to win the cash anyways

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I mean once the split happens you make like 10 bucks, sure

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    No I mean im pretty sure they dont pay outside of the US

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    also peewi is very stupid just kidding

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I just wanted some trivia.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I just wanted some trivia.

*finger goes to trigger of stun gun*

...go on

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    No I mean im pretty sure they dont pay outside of the US

If you have paypal I believe they do

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    The latest Teenagers With Attitude has the end of the Ninja Quest and the third annual Teenies!
    I can't even believe how far off Joel's Ninjor impression is, it's like it's a completely different impression.
    "I heard him more as Marvin the Martian." Yeah, that's what that impression actually was.
    "I'm so glad to guest on this podcast show called Teenagers With Attitude."
    "Hold on, is Emily more of a regular than Matt now?" I'm pretty sure Emily is more of a regular than anyone else at this point!
    "You're our Finster, actually, you might've left for a while but you're still in the crew."
    "I wasn't here last week, but I assume I missed nothing?"
    Matt is apparently shocked about the existence of Optimus Primal, here on this podcast with the host of another podcast about Beast Wars.
    Emily is right, the white ranger is the actual leader of the team in Kakuranger.
    "Here's the thing: evil and unhinged but not entirely committed to it is the picture-perfect profile of a lifetime cop." "God damnit."
    "I told you, all this time ago, mouths can hold things." that's a fuckin callback
    "Also, it's crotch is just the face of the frog, and I love that every podcast I do ends up with crotch face."
    I definitely think the fucking cop montage song is hilarious.
    "Bulk finally learned how to control his clown magic! That's the only way they could've gotten this stuff!" fuck, that's exactly what happened
    "He can be your angle or your demon."
    This episode: characters who are bulls
    "Ninjor rides a cloud, then goes to hell." That is what happens.
    "They spared every expense on this."
    "I love that we here at Teenagers With Attitude know a lot about floppy swords, ladies and gentlemen, you know what I'm talking about."
    "Finster? I haven't heard that name in such a long time." "We did that joke already."
    hell yeah, the Teenies
    "I hate that we've done this long enough that this is an actual fuckin' tradition."
    I would say Wild West Rangers for best multi-parter, it was amazing and also I was on the podcast one of those episodes.
    "I mean, if we're judging these based on the podcast that came out of it, Mike can't even properly vote in this because he was missing for Wild West Rangers." "I mean, listen, guys, I'm sorry, but every time I try to sit down and try to watch it, I black out, and then I wake up in the bathroom of a fuckin' Longhorn Steakhouse, so"
    "There's Storybook Rangers, which I will not allow anyone to put on this list, no FUCKING matter what you say, it's garbage"
    "Well, it's a really tough call, but I gotta go with Storybook Rangers."
    I don't fuckin remember any of the single episodes
    "I'm going to go with Zedd's Monster Mash, because being a dick to children is funny."
    "Let's not mention Friend In Need ever again." "I don't think the show is going to, so"
    Who would leave a review specifically saying they wouldn't listen to any episode Matt was on, was it Matt?
    "remember that we're actual human beings who, probably have feelings?"
    I'm glad Frankie showed up to say the monster's voice was racist at the end, it seemed bad to me but I wasn't sure.

• Options
    Oh my god

They talk about Robocop v the terminator on Blank Check

We just placed that game live

• Options
    This Blank Check also might include the sweetest Little Griffy story I've ever heard

That starts with him being the worst

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The latest Teenagers With Attitude has the end of the Ninja Quest and the third annual Teenies!
    I can't even believe how far off Joel's Ninjor impression is, it's like it's a completely different impression.
    "I heard him more as Marvin the Martian." Yeah, that's what that impression actually was.
    "I'm so glad to guest on this podcast show called Teenagers With Attitude."
    "Hold on, is Emily more of a regular than Matt now?" I'm pretty sure Emily is more of a regular than anyone else at this point!
    "You're our Finster, actually, you might've left for a while but you're still in the crew."
    "I wasn't here last week, but I assume I missed nothing?"
    Matt is apparently shocked about the existence of Optimus Primal, here on this podcast with the host of another podcast about Beast Wars.
    Emily is right, the white ranger is the actual leader of the team in Kakuranger.
    "Here's the thing: evil and unhinged but not entirely committed to it is the picture-perfect profile of a lifetime cop." "God damnit."
    "I told you, all this time ago, mouths can hold things." that's a fuckin callback
    "Also, it's crotch is just the face of the frog, and I love that every podcast I do ends up with crotch face."
    I definitely think the fucking cop montage song is hilarious.
    "Bulk finally learned how to control his clown magic! That's the only way they could've gotten this stuff!" fuck, that's exactly what happened
    "He can be your angle or your demon."
    This episode: characters who are bulls
    "Ninjor rides a cloud, then goes to hell." That is what happens.
    "They spared every expense on this."
    "I love that we here at Teenagers With Attitude know a lot about floppy swords, ladies and gentlemen, you know what I'm talking about."
    "Finster? I haven't heard that name in such a long time." "We did that joke already."
    hell yeah, the Teenies
    "I hate that we've done this long enough that this is an actual fuckin' tradition."
    I would say Wild West Rangers for best multi-parter, it was amazing and also I was on the podcast one of those episodes.
    "I mean, if we're judging these based on the podcast that came out of it, Mike can't even properly vote in this because he was missing for Wild West Rangers." "I mean, listen, guys, I'm sorry, but every time I try to sit down and try to watch it, I black out, and then I wake up in the bathroom of a fuckin' Longhorn Steakhouse, so"
    "There's Storybook Rangers, which I will not allow anyone to put on this list, no FUCKING matter what you say, it's garbage"
    "Well, it's a really tough call, but I gotta go with Storybook Rangers."
    I don't fuckin remember any of the single episodes
    "I'm going to go with Zedd's Monster Mash, because being a dick to children is funny."
    "Let's not mention Friend In Need ever again." "I don't think the show is going to, so"
    Who would leave a review specifically saying they wouldn't listen to any episode Matt was on, was it Matt?
    "remember that we're actual human beings who, probably have feelings?"
    I'm glad Frankie showed up to say the monster's voice was racist at the end, it seemed bad to me but I wasn't sure.

That Longhorn Steakhouse line actually killed me for a hot second.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    it was a very good pull

wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.