As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Get ready to raid some tombs! Tomb Raider collab incoming!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    So you can also get Kelsus during this event! Which is cool because I was not playing when he was a thing the first time.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Is Kelsus any good? I didn't think he was all that hot, considering he's a sort of "free" unit.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Not so much but I want his TM for Rikku.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    He can have some niche usage as setting up chains for jumpers with Missile Shelter, but you'd need two of him, and it's super finicky.

Also, Prodigy Goggle Moogles are in the raid Gacha. Looks like I'll be summoning a third Kelsus in this event and trying to get a bunch of goggles.

I am so happy that my Olive is off the bench for this raid. Please please gets your enhancements for Christmas!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Got Rikku on my daily, my fourth one.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Might need to switch off Nox, they've done a number on it. You can't go into ES explorer anymore to remove the nox launcher. First to even 'unhide' the system files they make you download a shitty slots app. Using a 3rd party root explorer, I can get to the launcher but it won't save the rename. I get they have to make money somehow but I'd rather they offer a $5 version or something. How is Memu? any others that folks have tried?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Memu has in general been ok, but I go through various periods of reliability. Sometimes it will be good for a day at a time, other times it crashes pretty quickly and doesn't recover correctly. Memu itself hasn't crashed in forever I think but FFBE does.

That said I really don't sweat losing energy if it bombs and I'm at work or something. It is what it is.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Might need to switch off Nox, they've done a number on it. You can't go into ES explorer anymore to remove the nox launcher. First to even 'unhide' the system files they make you download a shitty slots app. Using a 3rd party root explorer, I can get to the launcher but it won't save the rename. I get they have to make money somehow but I'd rather they offer a $5 version or something. How is Memu? any others that folks have tried?

Is there a reason to remove the Nox launcher?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    In the past it was more stable with a 3rd party like Nova launcher. Also you can remove all the other apps so if it does crash the macro won't do anything. I had to rearrange items so that if it crashes with nox launcher it doesn't activate some app or what not.

• Options
    So I have my first set of TMRs coming out soon that will turn A2 into an even more bonkers unit. Should I go defensive TMRs next or build out some magic damage stuff for Light Veritas?

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So, I made a list of stuff I'm going to sell. Is there anything in it that I should keep for whatever reason?

Platinum Dagger
    Toxic Dagger
    Mage Masher

Royal Sword
    Rune Saber
    Platinum Sword

Golden Blade
    Force Stealer

Yakei
    Murasame

Golden Staff

Drakesclaw Rod
    Fire Rod
    Platinum Rod
    Striking Staff

Rune Bow
    Platinum Bow
    Elven Bow

Ogre Killer
    Golden Axe
    Rune Axe

Platinum Lance

Rune Bell

Kangaroo

Betelgeuse
    Rigels
    Ras Algethi

Platinum Mace

Poison Knuckles

Mythril Buckler

Golden Shield

Circlet
    Sage's Hat

Golden Helm
    Thornlet

Golden Vest
    Ruby Breastplate
    Military Plate

Golden Armor
    Heavy Armor B

Garnet Bracelet
    Hyper Wrist
    Magick Gloves

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    So I have my first set of TMRs coming out soon that will turn A2 into an even more bonkers unit. Should I go defensive TMRs next or build out some magic damage stuff for Light Veritas?

If you're finding it difficult for your tanks/support to survive in some of the trials/harder content, go defensive. If you want to blow up easier content/raids even faster, go Light Veritas.

I've "farmed" (mostly gained through fusing dupes) one defensive TMR (Arsha's Talisman) and have had very little trouble with surviving in trials (except for Malboro, but that's mostly due to my lack of appropriate units than anything else). You might have a few decent/good defensive TMRs from the Nier raid/recent Ariana raid.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Tried a 10+1 and like 15 tickets going for Roy. Failed at getting the 4* or Roy, but ended up adding Barbariccia to my list of mages. Probably just do dailies for the rest of the banner.

Don't have Ramza or Roy yet, but I've got Lunera riding the bench. I guess Soleil will do for now and maybe Lunera will take her place some day if needed.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    What's the budget method for getting Soleil to 100% evasion? I have a ring and a d20, along with most of the event equipment.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    30% Innate (Endless turn +2)
    25% RoL
    20% d20
    5% Raven Beret (or Zwill Crossblade or Swordbreaker)
    Then 20% combined with materia (Quick Assault, Evasion, etc)

Leaves some slots for +HP that you'll need for AoE/ST magic damage. If you want to avoid ST magic damage you can throw Montana's Camouflage TMR on her as well.

Cruor on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    You have a D20 and a Ring of Lucii which will get you to 75% with her enhancements putting her at a base of 30. You have to pick 25% up from somewhere else to take care of the rest.

There was a dagger called Swordbreaker from some quest that gives 5% which means you would need another 20% from materias and other equipment.

Evade gives just 10% dodge with no other stats. (Cyan's TMR)
    Quick Assault gives 30% Atk and 10% dodge. (Shine's TMR)
    Raven's Beret gives 5% as well.

Some combination of those items would have to make up the other 20% to get her to 100%.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So I spent 5 tickets and one of the 11 pulls I had saved up gem wise, because it seems like having a solid Bard could be useful. I did not acquire said bard. I did however get the 4*, the 3*, Veritas of Heavens, Mercedes, Nine, Rosa, Bran, 4 more of the 3*, and mother fucking Cecil!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Oh, if you have Xon, and also Pirate Jake or Paul, you can steal from the ELT boss and bump your gil income to 12,000 per raid orb.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Cirira wrote: »
    You have a D20 and a Ring of Lucii which will get you to 75% with her enhancements putting her at a base of 30. You have to pick 25% up from somewhere else to take care of the rest.

There was a dagger called Swordbreaker from some quest that gives 5% which means you would need another 20% from materias and other equipment.

Evade gives just 10% dodge with no other stats. (Cyan's TMR)
    Quick Assault gives 30% Atk and 10% dodge. (Shine's TMR)
    Raven's Beret gives 5% as well.

Some combination of those items would have to make up the other 20% to get her to 100%.

I see, thanks. Amusingly, I haven't finished any of Cyan's or Shine's, but if I throw Dual Wield on and go Zwill/Swordbreaker I'm already at 90%. Does this (in combination with iNichol) work for Sheratan damage, or is that ST damage magical?

EDIT: Wait a sec, all I need is DW + Spirit of Freedom, or Spirit + First Strike without DW. This is definitely a lot easier with the ring.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Sheraton is mostly magic, you won't be able to do much with a Physical evade unit unfortunately.

EDIT: I guess the fruit are physical ST, so if you threw in iNichol for phase 2 to cast on Soliel, she could evade that damage.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    I like how the thread on the reddit about the gil stealing gives you the calculation as if you were able to pop every orb, every hour, for the entire 2 week duration.

I'm impressed it's 4million gil in the end, but most people won't be able to use up every orb that way. Most real humans, anyway.

Meanwhile, I definitely don't care enough about the cactuars, snappers, or moogles for TMs from the raid draw enough. So those coins are going to be sold so I can be a gillionaire by the end of the event.

• Options
    Sheratan does a lot of physical auto-attacks that hurt a whole lot, so you can at least nullify those with a physical evade unit. Her big threatening attacks at thresholds are all magic based, however.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    This poor raid boss. A2 & company just casually dealing 14m damage to it.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Noooo.

The raid coins only sell for 10 gil. It's probably not worth selling them now.

How do you keep up on gil when you need to constantly do expeditions and such? I'm not even doing ability awakenings right now.

• Options
    I just tried with 3 2B's and only got around 5m. How are you getting to 14m?

• Options

Probably a finisher with Machine Killer. Using two Fryevia and an Olive I am getting 6.5-7mil damage (with 45% breaks, no Lightning imperil).

• Options
    Noooo.

The raid coins only sell for 10 gil. It's probably not worth selling them now.

How do you keep up on gil when you need to constantly do expeditions and such? I'm not even doing ability awakenings right now.

You guys laughed at me when I set my friend gift to gil. Now look at you!

• Options
    Just a heads up: the Gaia Hammer has Machine killer on it. If you have a unit that can equip it then that could boost your damage.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Just a heads up: the Gaia Hammer has Machine killer on it. If you have a unit that can equip it then that could boost your damage.

But don't if it means losing your 50% or higher imperil, because that will leave you with your regular damage or less. Especially if Gaia Hammer has less atk than your regular weapon. If you keep your imperil element and add a secondary Earth Element, you'll have 25% imperil and 50% machine killer, which is better than 50% imperil.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

But don't if it means losing your 50% or higher imperil, because that will leave you with your regular damage or less. Especially if Gaia Hammer has less atk than your regular weapon. If you keep your imperil element and add a secondary Earth Element, you'll have 25% imperil and 50% machine killer, which is better than 50% imperil.

Oh is this guy weak to Earth?

• Options

Raid boss is neutral to all elements.

Also, Gaia Hammer is Fire element. Yes, I know, it doesn't make sense.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Raid boss is neutral to all elements.

Also, Gaia Hammer is Fire element. Yes, I know, it doesn't make sense.

Global warming.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Cruor wrote: »

Probably a finisher with Machine Killer. Using two Fryevia and an Olive I am getting 6.5-7mil damage (with 45% breaks, no Lightning imperil).

Just 2 A2 Healing chains with WoL DEF break, a Marie -elemental resistance debuff, Tilith buffing, and a Machine Killer on the A2.

14.4m is the current record for me.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I keep forgetting that higher chains are not always better. I was doing 4-5m but I was getting a 60+ hit chain. I'm playing this like a fighter game lol. Switched up to WoL for breaks and FV for 80% atk/mag boost and with 2 2B's chaining Avoid Attack with a Saintly Buster finisher from LV, I was able to get up to 31m damage.

• Options
    Eat my butt, Bloody Moon! Your rod and Staff Mastery (and the Moogle) are mine!

WWFina now has 784 SPR on Bahamut, which makes her Curas heal quite a lot.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So is there any reason to have two Kelsus besides his TMR? I have enough green shards from the raid and the prior Kelsus event to either have 1 6* Kelsus and 2 5* Kelsus (aka 1 Kelsus and 3 Goggles total) or I awaken a second 6* and be short 60 shards to summon a third one (aka 2 Kelsus and 2 Goggles total).

• Options
    Kelsus is mostly good for his TMR. As a unit he's underwhelming unless you want to do some silly and inconsistent jump chains. I'd go with 3 Kelsus.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    If you haven't already, check the Chamber of Gems. They added four new levels I hadn't done before so I got 400 lapis for only 80NRG.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    My first daily rainbow!

Tidus!

Not Roy, but I already have a Lunera anyway. That brings me up to 10 rainbows in 10 months.

• Options
    December Wonderful special added, 150 lapis for 4 expansion vouchers. I grabbed it, it's a great value.

This discussion has been closed.