As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Get ready to raid some tombs! Tomb Raider collab incoming!

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So wasn't interested in Cloud or Elfreeda other than as potential bonus units. I mean if I got them, awesome, but I wasn't going to go all out for them. I told myself.
    All I wanted was two William's for Quake+Stonja chains.
    Daily/Free summon got me garbage.
    5k 10+1 pull: 2 golds, rest blue. The two golds? Both Williams.

Alrighty then. Of course, I feel like I wanted to pull more to get those. So I throw two more 10+1 tickets to enjoy some excess.
    All crap. That'll teach me to keep pulling after the game listens and gives me what I really asked for.

Lorek on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Decided to use all my regular tickets and my 4* regular and the 4* EX. Got a William and a bunch of Conrads, so bonus for the Mog King event is no problem. Did get a rainbow and it was Noctis. And I'm absolutely okay with that, didn't have one before.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Was poking around and found some FD TDH vs. Dual wield examples for Aileen & Tidus. Gear was largely bis for both/all versions and same killers between aileen & tidus.

TL;DR, over a 5 turn span in the training dummy for enhanced 6* Aileen:
    FD TDH: (1 turn 37,525,589, Total: 123,209,392)
    DW: (1 turn 18,929,056, Total: 83,878,343)

Enhanced 6* Tidus (didn't have a comparison with DW)

FD TDH: (1 turn after getting imperil up, 51,799,523, before imperil turn was like 18mil)

Both will probably lose out in a 1 or 2 turn thing since they have to get up their elements + imperils but catch up and blow it away after that.

Aileen vid here which if nothing else shows her chaining better post enhancements

Am kind of curious how as to how a TDH/FD Tidus & P.Jake would compare to the HE family for 10 mans.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Well they are stacking Cloud's TMR so we'll never get to that level.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Yeah but it's not like there are a lot of easy to find comparisons to use yet. A high %atk materia (adv 5 or whatever) instead of the second cloud will get it somewhat close anyway.

Looking forward to 7* a lot of units get their own innate dh/tdh so makes it a little easier to get to the cap without the extra stacking.

BlehBlehAmiga on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Free daily pull was a rainbow...Nyx. I don't really have a use for him, but free is good.

Pulling on the banner, I got two Williams within my first 5 tickets. I figured between that and the earlier Nyx pull that I had used up my luck supply, but I kept pulling to try to get a third bonus unit for farming. Next ticket was another Rainbow...

...Rem.

At least it's a good unit that I didn't already have, and I have a lot of nice magic daggers for her now. I think this also completes my collection for Type-0 5 star units (2 Aces, 2 Queens, and 1 Rem).

Cururu on
  • Options
    Learning that Cloud (and other TDH builds) must use 2-handed weapons really removed most of my desire for Cloud or Elfreeda. Getting Cloud would be cool just because Cloud, but if I'd rather Tifa or Barrett for FF7 units personally. Just not sure why DH and TDH can't just be for single wielding any weapon, not just 1h (DH) or 2h (TDH). I would've totally equipped a Cloud (if I got one) with a Dandelga from Vargas if he'd be able to get his DH benefits from it. But since it only works on 2h weapons? Meh, no skin off my nose if I don't get any TDH stuff.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Was stupid and did one 11 pull

1 4* and 10 3*

Yep, that's what I should have expected from this game

• Options
    TDH works with 1h and 2h.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    Learning that Cloud (and other TDH builds) must use 2-handed weapons really removed most of my desire for Cloud or Elfreeda. Getting Cloud would be cool just because Cloud, but if I'd rather Tifa or Barrett for FF7 units personally. Just not sure why DH and TDH can't just be for single wielding any weapon, not just 1h (DH) or 2h (TDH). I would've totally equipped a Cloud (if I got one) with a Dandelga from Vargas if he'd be able to get his DH benefits from it. But since it only works on 2h weapons? Meh, no skin off my nose if I don't get any TDH stuff.

The only restricted one is regular Doublehand. It only works for single-handed weapons. True Doublehand (Cloud, Elfreed) work with any weapon at all; two-handed weapons are recommended because they have a larger damage variance, so why wouldn't you? But they aren't restricted to just two-handed weapons.

It's in the text even, look at Buster Style (Cloud TMR):
    Increase equipment ATK (100%) when single wielding any weapon
    Increase accuracy (25%) when single wielding any weapon

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I guess I misinterpreted people saying that Cloud has to use a 2h weapon, as opposed to it just being a stronger option. As saying "has to" implies it's the only option, as well as the lamenting about not being able to use Imperils as there are no elemental 2h weapons. Still, too much required for it (3 5* units? That's reasonable), so still not into it.

Zomro on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Since I pulled a dupe Fohlen I went and looked up some info on him as a 7*.

That boy can do some Jump damage, holy crap. I'm not so salty about pulling Duke anymore either, him and Wind Veritas are gonna help out that Fohlen cause very effectively.

Looked again, needs a lot of Elfreeda/Cloud TMRs to get the numbers I saw........oh.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So... after whaling kind of hard...the final result is 10 rainbows...only *ONE* of them was a banner rainbow. (Elf).

some were good, cant complain all that much overall, but kinda irritated i didnt pull cloud.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got myself William and 2 copies of Conrad in only a few tickets, so I'm good.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So, an 11 pull, two 4* tickets, and 9 EX Tickets, and 6 Regular Tickets has gotten me:

Wilhelm
    William
    Conrad x2
    Hope
    Helena
    Shine
    Rasler
    Ilias
    Garnet
    Refia

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Wilhelm is dope! Ilias is a hidden gem in the 4* tier. Refia is a worthy healer (but a sidegrade to multiple units). Good pulls overall!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Also Shine and Rasler have some top tier TMR's.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to use up as many resources as we have, and not even get the on-banner prime unit(s).

The bad thing with this game's gacha is that the meta is always moving forward. Every week*, a new pair of units come along that beat what you have, and what you have might have been last month's top-tier unit. Or last years. Because the units are always in the pool and never get removed.

The good thing with this game's gacha is that missing out on this week's top-tier means nothing because next week, the new unit is better! Like, I'm not too sad that I didn't pull a Cloud, because Sephiroth is the chaining unit godking, and he comes later. Who needs TDH? :P

*Week being a relative unit of time, not to be taken or used literally. It's a fact that new 5* base units are generally as good as if not better than every other 5* in the pool that came before it. Thankfully 7* batches fix the majority of the oldest 5* units problems, but eventually that's going to be moot because the newest 7* potentials will have better stats/abilities than those before them.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Did 30 regular ticket pulls, 10 EX ticket pulls, and 5* guaranteed EX pull. Ended up with Cloud, DKC, SB DF, and Ace.

Over all I'm pretty happy with the pull. DKC and SBDF are both candidates for my 100% TMR moogle. DKC will be a great dark finisher once I finish up grinding my 2 Glauca's. Ace is my first 5* support unit, wooo! Once Hoemaru is done, I could imperil with Ace to allow for fire & light chains, or go with Tonitrus for Thunder & Light.

Going to save the rest till later in the banner to see what Christmas has in store. If nothing interesting, I may pull more in hopes for at least 1 Elfreeda.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    free daily was a terra (non trance T_T) spent my ex's guarantee wasn't anything special, but I did pull a 2nd rem, woo.

nothing big on the other tickets but on the bannerpull with my four normal I got a Conrad and William, so yay for bonus units at least.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Ok, maybe the slog won't be so bad. Already grabbed half of the normal tickets and one of the 4* tickets and it's just been the morning of runs.

Still, hopefully I pull at least one or two bonus units to make the Moogle worth going for.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I had ~3500 lapis, so I grinded out a bunch of the story missions that I've fallen 3 updates behind on. Got up to 5050 and did a 5k pull.

One yellow, ten blues, and I'm groaning like "fuck you really?", except four of the ten blues were Conrads, so... ok then? Plus I got a William earlier this morning. So I guess that's a thing. Still really stupid though.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    More pulls
    4☆ Ex - Refia
    10+1 ticket
    Glauca, zidane, gau, trey, Aura, grace, Edgar, Leo, seven, hope, trey.

I had been hoping for an Aura the other day, so I can live with it.

Edit:
    And because I have a problem, 9 more regular tickets.
    2x William, 3x Conrad, Jack, Xiao, chizuru, Fang

Edit #2: 4☆ EX - Orran

I should stop now.

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    I had ~3500 lapis, so I grinded out a bunch of the story missions that I've fallen 3 updates behind on. Got up to 5050 and did a 5k pull.

One yellow, ten blues, and I'm groaning like "fuck you really?", except four of the ten blues were Conrads, so... ok then? Plus I got a William earlier this morning. So I guess that's a thing. Still really stupid though.

Yeah I normally have ok luck with banner units but this has been the Conrad show for some reason. I'm pretty sure I'm closing in on 50% for his TMR.
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    More pulls
    4☆ Ex - Refia
    10+1 ticket
    Glauca, zidane, gau, trey, Aura, grace, Edgar, Leo, seven, hope, trey.

I had been hoping for an Aura the other day, so I can live with it.

Edit:
    And because I have a problem, 9 more regular tickets.
    2x William, 3x Conrad, Jack, Xiao, chizuru, Fang

Edit #2: 4☆ EX - Orran

I should stop now.

Glauca is a pretty good unit and has a great TMR. His dark element greatsword has a higher attack than 5* DKC (though DKC's has man-eater built in).

• Options
    Well I felt like I had try at least try a little for another Elf. Ended up getting her so figured what the hell and free'd up some unit space in moogles I usually never use anyway. Still have some for a rainy day.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Yikes on regular ticket pulls? You had some good luck today.

EDIT: What's you in game name? Wondering if we are friends. Looking forward to some BiS TDH action if so haha.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Are William and Elfreeta any good to actually use? I have Ny and Flame V but no fixed dice yet so their not end all be all great

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    After not getting anything worthwhile after about 30 pulls, I figured I'd use one more ticket. Conrad #4. Stopping now and doing dailies.

However, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the unit calculators are up to date and that Buster Style (Cloud's TMR) is *worse* on a 100% evade unit. I was considering making a 100% evade Nyx who could also be a Fixed Dice finisher, and obviously all this TDH stuff benefits Fixed Dice tremendously, but it's like 20 worse attack due to how Ring of the Lucii is % based.

It's also fun to see how Buster Style & Marshall Gloves has made every unit that can equip throwing weapons into that being their new BiS, such as Tidus.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Are William and Elfreeta any good to actually use? I have Ny and Flame V but no fixed dice yet so their not end all be all great

Here's Eggy's write up for all the units on the banner: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7jjmb1/who_are_these_character_heroes_ff7_banner_review/

• Options
    2 more tickets used. My First Glauca and my 4th Letters and Arms TMR. 4 of those, 2 Magistrals Crests, Victoria and a Sorcery.... I have a lot of MAG TMRs to farm....

But that will get me an almost optimal BIS Fry or TTerra when Im done!

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yikes on regular ticket pulls? You had some good luck today.

EDIT: What's you in game name? Wondering if we are friends. Looking forward to some BiS TDH action if so haha.

Haha had to spend some lapis but not as much as I'd have thought (though more than the summon simulator said). It's Kas, 124,186,493. Unfortunately missing Prishe but still not too bad for now.

I pulled a Tidus a long time ago that I never leveled up, and might have to finally give in an use more LB pots or farm it up so I can FD him at some point :)

BlehBlehAmiga on
  • Options
    In short, Cloud is a TMR-heavy version of Luneth (enhanced). He only does physical attacks, and is primarily a finisher. His materia allows you to use two-handed weapons, which give you a damage boost compared to one-handed weapons, BUT it's far better to put an elemental weapon on him, in which case you can also put Bartz's TMR on him instead of an Elfreeda accessory if you don't have one.

Whether you need a pure finisher on your team is, well, he's a very good finisher but that's pretty much all he does. Luneth requires enhancements. DKC is dark-only but also requires enhancements. Nyx can do more damage because he has a 780% modifier attack that hits twice, and can also be built as an evade unit/evade tank while doing a good chunk of damage.

Elfreeda is a weird counter provoke tank. She's somewhat like a weaker version of Enhanced Demon Rain. If you're using WoL or VotE, there's little in her kit to warrant pulling for her or switching, unless you're running an ice-element team.

• Options
    Ill admit. Even using @BlehBlehAmiga Cloud during the event. Hes not as spectacular as Id hoped. Its definitely tempered my desire to go all in. I know hes not fully decked out yet. But he just seems to do raw numbers. I can get that from Luneth (as Eggy said)

Hell at this point I want him more for my 7* Fohlen :lol:

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

Here's Eggy's write up for all the units on the banner: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7jjmb1/who_are_these_character_heroes_ff7_banner_review/

Well then, I am very disappointed to see my first 5 star since Nyx is mediocre

• Options
    I think for a 5-star to really stand out nowadays, you need to do two things pretty well. If you do one thing pretty well and another thing really well, then you're meta-defining.

For example, Barbariccia is a very new unit with no precedent in JP, so there's not months of speculation and so forth about what she can do on certain trials or bosses. However, for a mage, she's *very* tanky, has awesome multipliers and magic chaining, and can switch over to bard-like support (without the loss of turns). Yet, there hasn't been any content release that warrants people using her.

CG Fina and CG Sakura are more like that, which is why they're hyped. CG Fina is sort of like an Ayaka with significant damage capabilities, and CG Sakura can dualcast her chains and nukes.

Cloud only does 1 thing. He does that REALLY well though, so it's not that he's bad, just that he's only a finisher.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Barbariccia was crucial to my Marlboro kill, and assisted in Bloody Moon in her support role plus finishing everything off, so there was some content for her.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I am absolutely uninterested in Cloud except for the sprite. Even I know better than to try for three 5* on one banner. But I did get some nice William action!

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Shit I didn't realize the raid was still going on...

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I threw some 17 tickets into the banner hoping for William. Got four golds and a rainbow, not one of them on banner. And the rainbow was Duke, who I'm not sure has much of a spot in any team of mine? So eh. Not terribly lucky today.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    So, after many expended tickets I did actually pull a Cloud! First time I've ever pulled the 'Shiny new character' while they are shiny and new, and not like 6 months after the fact. He's up as my friend unit now, if anyone wants an extra 100% booster for the event (not well geared/leveled at the moment though - will fix soon) - 245,082,843.

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
This discussion has been closed.