As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The robot is not to be trusted, [chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    I propose that actually it is only the robot that can be trusted. Geth should assume control of [chat] creation as a function of [chat] recycling.

No wait, no doubt, no resistance.

I'm better, faster, and stronger than the robot, Surfpossum, harbour no doubts in that regard

I am clearly the superior choice.

Anyway, now that I have done my civic duty of creating the [chat] thread, I must bid you all adieu and do realperson stuff in the realperson world!

May you be well and may your [chat] threads birth many conversations about butts ere my return, friends <3

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    8ueourv970zs.png
    I prefer
    DRwcBpW.jpg
    Meet Noah. ​Noah the Narwhal has good days, when he is productive and social, and pain days, when he needs to rest. His friends and family can find it difficult to handle the unpredictability, but in the end they realize that having Noah in their lives is absolutely worth it!​
    For the people in our lives - young and old - whose brains work a little differently. Noah the Narwhal is here to remind us (and the people who love us) that being valued and loved are just as constant as any chronic condition.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Once we went out to see Inception at the drive in, and as we drove away I saw Twilight playing on the other screen, and a guy was sitting alone on the grass watching it. This image stayed with me

wandering on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    A toddler behind me spent 3.5 of the 4 hour flight screaming and thrashing around because his dad wasn’t on the flight. His mother was in tears by the time we landed and kiddo finally decided it was cool to sleep. Poor woman has to get all the way to Japan.

• Options
    And Osiris and the gods of the Nile
    Gathered up a big storm
    To blow a hurricane,
    To scatter us away,
    In a flood of wind and rain,
    And a sea of tidal waves,
    To wash us all away,
    And if we don't behave
    They'll cut us down again
    And we'll be hopping round on one foot
    And looking through one eye.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    curse of osiris is apparently live now

to continue working from home or not to cont...

too late

im off tomorrow but im not buying the expac yet
    destiyn wasnt even out when i put in for tomorrow off
    alas

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    8ueourv970zs.png
    I prefer
    DRwcBpW.jpg
    Meet Noah. ​Noah the Narwhal has good days, when he is productive and social, and pain days, when he needs to rest. His friends and family can find it difficult to handle the unpredictability, but in the end they realize that having Noah in their lives is absolutely worth it!​
    For the people in our lives - young and old - whose brains work a little differently. Noah the Narwhal is here to remind us (and the people who love us) that being valued and loved are just as constant as any chronic condition.

Oh my god someone has already written a book about me

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Once we went out to see Inception at the drive thru, and as we drove away I saw Twilight playing on the other screen, and a guy was sitting alone on the grass watching it. This image stayed with me

ahaha

w-who would ever see a movie alone?

Am I right, guys?

-tugs collar nervously-

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    A toddler behind me spent 3.5 of the 4 hour flight screaming and thrashing around because his dad wasn’t on the flight. His mother was in tears by the time we landed and kiddo finally decided it was cool to sleep. Poor woman has to get all the way to Japan.
    I’m just saying, if it’s ok to put dogs in the storage compartment...

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I have Horizon waiting for me at home :exclamation:

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

Taking babies on planes is cruel to everyone.

Like, I get that sometimes it has to happen, but god I hope its not on my plane. Or at least not in my area.

• Options
    I’m just saying, if it’s ok to put dogs in the storage compartment...

I was tempted to order one of them a whisky.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elki I’d break you out of prison

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    hm we got approval yesterday to do a cool technique that we have absolutely 0 training data for and for which it is non-trivial to generate training data and for which training data may or may not exist somewhere in the bowels of academia (maybe with licensing problems if it does)

ummmmmmm

This is sort of a problem...

You say "problem", credeiki, but what I see is an opportunity.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I would not break any of you out of prison

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

too late

Maybe the PS4 clan will have more than two people on at a time.

it is pretty bad that my raid group on ps4 gets us the engram every week on saturday

and like triples the number of players online at a given time

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

Taking babies on planes is cruel to everyone.

Like, I get that sometimes it has to happen, but god I hope its not on my plane. Or at least not in my area.

on a connection flight back from atl to montgomery i had an old korean guy who took a nap behind me and he kicked his shoes off and propped his feet by my head and i almsot started throwing up
    he was probably an hyundai executive too since they're american ops are based here

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Once we went out to see Inception at the drive thru, and as we drove away I saw Twilight playing on the other screen, and a guy was sitting alone on the grass watching it. This image stayed with me

ahaha

w-who would ever see a movie alone?

Am I right, guys?

-tugs collar nervously-
    I watch movies alone! It’s just an interesting image. A person alone on the grass at a drive in

wandering on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Ugh I ate too much

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    also, why are you calling it a drive thru instead of a drive in?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

too late

*cough* Oh no, I seem to be coming down with something.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

This is my wife when I leave her with our monster at home. He's gotten better, but he will I guess wait by the door for me to come back.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

maybe the movie isn't very good

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

This is my wife when I leave her with our monster at home. He's gotten better, but he will I guess wait by the door for me to come back.

My cat does this Preach. heh.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Hey, media. "#metoo accusation" is a really shitty phrase. Knock it off.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    10 minutes 5 minutes seems like plenty

It doesnt take 20-30 minutes to slap up a dumb chat thread

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Yeah emotional terrorists tend to work together.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Yeah emotional terrorists tend to work together.

dude

I'm right here

• Options

maybe the movie isn't very good
    i mean yeah inception and twilight weren't that great

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    10 minutes 5 minutes seems like plenty

It doesnt take 20-30 minutes to slap up a dumb chat thread

Don't worry, desc

Whatever rule we eventually agree on, I'll be here to subvert it whenever it suits my fancy

That is my solemn vow to you

• Options
    6ur15upfulp1.jpg

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    hm we got approval yesterday to do a cool technique that we have absolutely 0 training data for and for which it is non-trivial to generate training data and for which training data may or may not exist somewhere in the bowels of academia (maybe with licensing problems if it does)

ummmmmmm

This is sort of a problem...

You say "problem", credeiki, but what I see is an opportunity.

an opportunity to spend all our budget and time collecting data maybe

I hope not...

we're also considering using GANs to turn simulated data into reasonably photorealistic data but both generating the simulated data and programming the gan would be non-trivial
    Man I really hope a dataset exists somewhere
    I should probably be looking instead of writing an email to my friend but I am still digesting bao lunch

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Also I pronounce Aioua's name outloud as Iowa like the state. Is this correct?

/aɪ'yaʊweɪ/
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Local vagrant decided to pull his dick out and start jacking off in front of the cake room window today :\

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Destiny 2 is bad now actually

Patch Note: Fixed an issue causing Louis to jitter erratically

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I BETTER NOT BE GETTING SICK THIS CLOSE TO STAR WARS!

• Options
    'let's have a movie set in people's DREAMS!'

'sounds great, Mr. Nolan. Imagine the possibilities!'

'yeah! we could have, like, a snowmobile chase like in that one george lazenby james bond movie!'

'I uh...'

'or get this....a chase...through a city!'

'hmm'

'And I'm thinking it'll be an ensemble piece you know? A big team of people.'

'Yeah, I could see that, Mr. Nolan. Each person could have a colorful personality'

'....personality?'

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    that hallway scene was cool as shit though

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I BETTER NOT BE GETTING SICK THIS CLOSE TO STAR WARS!
    It's too late. You caught what I had last week (and may still have). It's all over.

• Options
    AND THE TODDLER IS ON THE FLIGHT TO HAWAII GOD DAMMIT

This discussion has been closed.