Copied from the 2016 thread. I didnt find one for 2017.
Food and drink suggestions go....
Summary of the first post from the thread in 2015 (Thanks PurpleSky)
-Whataburger: Open 24 Hours. Late night(after 11)/breakfast? Get the Honeybutter Chicken Biscuit.
- River Center Food Court: Your typical mall food court. On the Riverwalk, great for people watching and listening to Pan Pipes.
- Alamo Street Eat Bar: Food Truck park, good beer selection, 10 minute walk from the convention center (I can recommend this!)
- Tre Trattoria: Some of the best Italian/Pasta in the city.
- The Monterrey: American Gastropub in Southtown, great outdoor seating area.
- Fritte: Belgian Food, also in Southtown.
- Hot Joy: Hipster Asian Fusion. Really, really good.
- The Beethoven: A side of San Antonio most people never see, or even think about. Old school German beer garden in Southtown.
- Shiloh's its close to the convention center and serves German Food. Breakfast is top notch. Also they have good German beer
Breakfast Tacos downtown
-Pete’s Tako House
- The Pearl Brewery: Walk up the riverwalk towards the Museum Reach. Big new complex that has a number of restaurants: La Glora (Mexican Streetfood), The Granary (Micro-brewery and modern BBQ), Green (Vegetarian, closed Saturdays) and more places I haven't had a chance to try. Also has a Farmers Market on Saturdays if you're into that.
- Taco Taco Cafe: Local institution on Hildebrand. Parking is a bit of a pain, but they've got my favorite breakfast tacos in the city (I'm a Trinity kid, so sue me.)
- Central Market: Upscale Grocery store with great prepared foods. Prices for normal grocery stuff also fairly reasonable.
Some of the stuff we have from before:
Here's a link to the old Google Doc from 2015. Its still a great resource with distance from the Convention Centerhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8J2zaWDtgGpZTlnWVd4VUozTzQ/edit?usp=sharing
A link to the previous thread from 2016https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/201229/san-antonio-restaurant-dining-suggestions-2016/p11
A Google Map with mapped out places (Thanks VintageUtti)https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zGEWTyllhmHI.kt8xxeqFofak
1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.