As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Meownster Hunter: World - Out now!

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    so it's kinda like a more fleshed out dauntless?

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I'm excited to finally try a Monster Hunter

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I might actually try out the bow guns now that they have a normal fucking aiming system

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I've only ever used the switch axe and I'm seriously considering trying some other weapons for once. That bug glaive thing looks pretty neat.

This is probably a great time to try new weapons actually now that I think about it. The combos and stuff are probably different enough that there'll be an adjustment period anyway.

But on the third hand that new SA shit looks cool as hell.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'm downloading this with the full expectation I'll play maybe 2 hours. Sometimes working the weekend sucks.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I might actually try out the bow guns now that they have a normal fucking aiming system

Oh shit, yeah, the longbow on PS4 could actually be super fun

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Def going to be all over this demo. Great Sword club for life, though I might mess around with a gunner a bit since the melee/gunner armor split doesn't exist anymore. PSN is Agran-

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I'm excited to bring the hammer down. Haven't played a Monster Hunter since the first on PS2.

Rinder on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Oh shit, yeah, the longbow on PS4 could actually be super fun

Especially now that there isnt a armor split

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    *sigh* guess who just got assigned an overtime shift tomorrow...

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    new trailer at PSX today, which i think showed jay leno for the first time

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh hey, between Barroth and Leno, things are looking up for gen 3 representation. C'mon Barioth......

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be on PSN.

TrippyJing

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    PSN name: Plaid_Mage

I can't wait to try all the weapon types, but I'll probably fall back into Switch Axe/Hunting Horn. I guess those are getting remixed enough to keep things interesting, anyway.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm always shy of sharing my ancient teenage created username
    PSN: L4ST_L3VI4TH4N

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Is this live now? I'm gonna plonk some time into it today.

Also, hopefully not too off-topic: MH4U is only $11.99 on the 3DS until Monday. I had MH3U and never played it, but I did play whatever the PSP one was and loved it. Is that one worth $12?

edit: My PSN is Drezdar for anyone that wants to add me.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    MH4U is absolutely worth it provided you can put up with the small screen and kinda awkward controls. Given that you played the PSP version though, that shouldn’t be a problem.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    MH4U is absolutely worth it provided you can put up with the small screen and kinda awkward controls. Given that you played the PSP version though, that shouldn’t be a problem.

Cool, thanks.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I did it, I hunted a monster!

(I have no idea what I'm doing)

Steam ID
  • Options
    I hunted TWO monsters! Barroth is still my muddy buddy.

Man this game seems cool. Looking forward to the full release.

• Options
    monster hunter has some weird ass weapons huh

Steam ID
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Having extra buttons is throwing me off but man, so good.

The roomID thing for the beta is ridiculous but at least it works! Hopped on quick with a friend and the first thing I did was upswing him at camp.

Welcome back, Monster Hunter.

• Options

Yuuuuuup

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I did it

I murdered them all

Thanks for the last minute assist Rathalos

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Yep yep this is what I wanted. Can't wait for the full game.

Did the first two hunts and now I'm goofing around with the insect glaive. Switch axe is great as usual but this thing is pretty fun.
    I still don't fully understand controlling the bug, but the aerial combo is really cool.

Item selection and some of the other shortcut things are still throwing me off a bit. Also, the scout flies are cool concept, and they look dope and everything, but they kinda get in the way sometimes. Can't really see through them if they're really thick.

It's great to be mon hunting on my tv. It's so pretty!

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    psn downloads: still slow!

add me to the op for monster huntin: NoGreatName

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular

When I started they just had normal (albeit very big) weapons, then they kept adding all sorts of crazy, transforming whatsits that also sometimes explode!

I probably shouldn't pick up a PS4 just for this, buuuut it is very tempting...

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I'm partial to the Vacuum Striker

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    the charge axe is neat.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    once my phone is charged I'm going to go out to the living room and give this a shot if anyone is up to joining me.

what weapon should I try?

• Options
    I'm goofing around with the training mode and will be on for co-op after I try a couple solo runs.

The bow seems REALLY cool in this MonHun.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I got to tinker around with this and yep it's definitely a monster hunter, been a while since I played a game with animation priority and I have to adjust. Is it my setup or is a lot of the text on the quest screen hard to read?

End of January/Early February is definitely way too stacked as far as releases go.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Tried this out after not clicking with past MonHun but loving the aesthetic and monster designs

Switch axe was bad

Insect Glaive was better but not great

Then I picked up a heavy bow gun

Turns out shooting a machine gun at giant monsters is really fun

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    fuck you switch axe is civilization

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i think i solved the mystery of the gunlance, so hopefully i can do things with that

• Options
    Charge Blade ruuuules

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Switch Axe is the light

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    when was the PC version expected? next spring? I hope people are still down to monhun when that comes out :(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i think i solved the mystery of the gunlance, so hopefully i can do things with that
    Welcome to the light, fellow lancer!

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    when was the PC version expected? next spring? I hope people are still down to monhun when that comes out :(

They don’t have an exact date, all they’ve said is “sometime after”.