The Top Grand Gear Tour Thread: James May's Initial D

167891012»

• TexiKenTexiKen Vitamin B! And C! Registered User regular
    One of the first cheap car challenges from season 4, it might have been the first one (a $100 pound challenge), ended with them all ramming their cars into a brick/dirt wall, and I believe it was Clarkson who fractured his hand and brought the X-Ray to show in the studio.

Youtube is saying it's S4E3:

This is the Hyundai Genesis of the cheap car challenges.

H3KnucklesVishNub
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    New interview on the Drive Tribe Youtube channel with a bit of info on Hammond's standalone TV show. In his words, it's a popular science and engineering show with Tori Belleci from Mythbusters taking place on a desert island, and it'll be airing later this year.

mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
    jdarksunTexiKen
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler Registered User regular
    Apparently this isn't his first time hosting a science-y show, he did something similar 15 years ago.

H3Knuckleschr1sh4ll3ttb3BlackDragon480
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    New interview on the Drive Tribe Youtube channel with a bit of info on Hammond's standalone TV show. In his words, it's a popular science and engineering show with Tori Belleci from Mythbusters taking place on a desert island, and it'll be airing later this year.

The Hamster and a Mythbuster on a science show? Hell. Yes. It's so damn hard to find a decent science show these days now that all the science channels have basically packed it in for reality trash. I enjoy watching Savage's channel now and again, but he's more of a special effects guy than an engineering/science guy.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Apparently this isn't his first time hosting a science-y show, he did something similar 15 years ago.

Brainiac was fantastic. It became a staple of my late-night TV routine when it was shown in syndication on G4.

First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    chr1sh4ll3ttb3Dark Raven X
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    Oh my god I totally remember that show! Woah, total memory-hole inversion!