Options

[Monster Hunter] Monster Hunter World out now! Hatching the friendship-egg.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    There is a cosmetic armor system in world. You should be able to make any armor look like Zin's.
    Is this explicitly confirmed? I tried to find clear verification of the idea a couple weeks ago but didn't manage to turn up anything.

It is stated in the deluxe edition in the marketing for the samurai armor.

They mention a layered armor system for having your armor look different than function.

https://i.imgur.com/Yn8Fhvq.png

Arekkz had an interview with developers and they made it sound like the system as it stands is full armor sets only, and only specific armor sets will have it enabled. Which sounds stupidly limited and obviously they should expand it because that's dumb but I'm not allowing myself to be hopeful for anything more than a bunch of DLC outfits and like one flagship monster armor set and one set for a new end game monster.

But it's whatever. With the new skill system nobody can stop me from wearing the most utterly pointless extravagant garbage.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I really like the new skill system. Clear and Concise. Had some fun toying around with mixed sets in the Beta.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I really like the new skill system. Clear and Concise. Had some fun toying around with mixed sets in the Beta.

Yes the new skill system is excellent.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I don't like it.

Give me spreadsheets or give me death!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I actually don’t like the idea of cosmetic armor swaps in MH.

Your armor gives you skills, the skills are derived from the traits of the monster it is from, you have the skills of what you look like.

I really like that thematically.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Yeah I like being able to see at a glance if someone is using a meta set or if they're a fashion hunter or if they probably have 0 skills activated because they didn't understand the system. Helps set expectations for the hunt.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Your armor gives you skills, the skills are derived from the traits of the monster it is from, you have the skills of what you look like.

It'd probably be a hard sell at this point. Most MMO/MMO-like RPGs have gone to stat armor and cosmetic armor as separate things.

• Options
    Can't you just pull up the person's character sheet?

• Options
    edited December 2017
    But that's usually a bunch of extra clicks. MH as a rule has not always had the most straightforward menu systems.

Dracil on
  • Options
    Can't you just pull up the person's character sheet?

That involves extra menus and still changes how the fight looks. I want to see the specific monster parts being used to bring this new monster down.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    The new system is great for newbies, it was way too common to play with people with no armor skills at all, or people with 12 different inactive skills because they didn't know how they worked.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I'll get used to it but I will miss spending hours punching numbers into Athena's to find the right armor set for me.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

See I like this in theory, but then you get stuck with some dumb looking armor while the pretty but useless armor taunts you from your equipment box.

Well, I guess I do like the experience of being directed to use armor or weapons I wouldn't normally use and learning to love the style, but some things are are harder sell than others.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    90% of finding viable sets was needing to charm farm for a thousand hours to get a good one. With the new skill system that seems like it will be less of an issue. It could still be just as bad, but it could also eliminate the need to charm farm depending how it is done in the end.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I just pick whatever armor looks cool and has skills that at least vaguely align with my weapon choice. I won't walk around with no skills or anything dumb, but I want to use what looks cool and I'm not gonna get hung up on stats.

DarkMecha on
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Do we even know if charms and slots will be back in armor this time around? It just feels super unlikely since the new system means there's a lot less variation in what numbers the charms can roll so you'd get everything pretty fast.

Dracil on
  • Options
    The armors in the beta have the jewel icon but no slots. Charms are in the beta, but don't have a jewel icon, but can be upgraded. So we don't know for sure if they still have slots.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Wait so

second beta

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    Is there ever going to be an Xbox beta? I'd like my friends to actually try it with me.

• Options
    kriegs wrote: »
    Is there ever going to be an Xbox beta? I'd like my friends to actually try it with me.

Given that the game is not even releasing on xbox in Japan I fear you may be hosed.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    I just don't even know.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
  • Options
    Alright. Talked another friend into getting a PS4.

Wooo

• Options
    So for this new beta do we have to download a different beta client or

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    So for this new beta do we have to download a different beta client or

I believe it's the same one? The PSN store page for the beta now says the new dates that it will be made available to play.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Yeah it's the same client. Preload started in case you missed the first round.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    When does the new Beta start? Can someone post the dates?

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    22-26

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Sweet, thanks. I'll start the pre-stream tonight and will anticipate spending some time with it this weekend.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Happy to hear they're planning on adding more monsters post launch.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much but hopefully it'll be a regular occurrence with the event DLC.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    They always add stuff post launch. If they have anyone with a brain at all working there, they will try to stay as far away from lootboxes and anything that will bring them bad press. Releasing free dlc is basically the silver bullet of how to get good press right now, and monster hunter is already looking like it's going to do really well at least in the west.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    They always add stuff post launch. If they have anyone with a brain at all working there, they will try to stay as far away from lootboxes and anything that will bring them bad press. Releasing free dlc is basically the silver bullet of how to get good press right now, and monster hunter is already looking like it's going to do really well at least in the west.

No, previously they've held things back for post-launch. All the DLC-only monsters in previous games were on the cart waiting to be unlocked.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Which is on par with what Capcom has been doing for years. :(

As long as they're free, I don't really mind though, it could be like getting upset you can't catch certain bugs in Animal Crossing because it's not spring (Unless you want to cheat and change dates in the game).

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »

all the DLC for every mon hun was developed before launch

all the dlc is an unlock key to open the quest

i can see capcom doing seasons, like a spring season update for $20, winter for $20 adding x new monsters, zones and weapons

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Hopefully we can finally get the Dark Souls/Bloodborne and Monster Hunter crossover event of my dreams. That can be a thing, right?

Come on, Just let me hit Zinogre with the dragon greataxe once while in the havel set.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I wanna hunt a Rathalos since I know know they're in the demo.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Hello old thread <3

fuck gendered marketing