Options

[Monster Hunter] Monster Hunter World out now! Hatching the friendship-egg.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    got a ps4 pro for christmas.

60 fps mon hun here I come.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I got a Kut Ku Plushie and the MH Stories Amiibo.

I need to get a shelf for my Monster Hunter things in my office.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Thinking about making a mistake/buying a refurbished PS4.

Don't do that. Don't do that, Dr. Chaos. You'll only save about 50 bucks and end up with a faulty piece of shit, you cheap fuck.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Thinking about making a mistake/buying a refurbished PS4.

Don't do that. Don't do that, Dr. Chaos. You'll only save about 50 bucks and end up with a faulty piece of shit, you cheap fuck.

I did that with my Xbox one.

I regret it quite often as it has network connectivity issues. Never again.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I'm ok with preowned games, since i can look at a disc and be like no thx if it's scratched. But it's much harder to tell if something is wrong with a console. Like I'm all for people getting ps4 to play monster hunter, but just wait a little longer and get a new one, so you can play without a bunch of headaches.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Refurbished = reboxed

• Options
    I am having a hard time engaging with other games right now.

I just want to be hunting monsters.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Entaru wrote: »
    I am having a hard time engaging with other games right now.

I just want to be hunting monsters.
    Same.

Only thing that comes even close to scratching that itch is Toukiden but even then, I'm left wanting MH.

One of those moments where the hype is so strong, it takes everything down a peg that isn't it and sucks all the air out of it.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Has there been any mention how weapon and armor upgrades will work? I liked the system in Generations.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    got a ps4 pro for christmas.

60 fps mon hun here I come.

From what I heard from the beta it was more like 40/45

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Yeah, its mostly just useful when you need to gather a bunch of a specific monster part to quickly kill something. Its usually when i try out other weapon types too, because I can play a little less than optimal and still do fine. But like I'll never take the weapon im best with into a 4 person hunt unless it's against something actually hard, because it's just overkill.

Is this really a thing? I actually haven't played online that much with random people. Seems like it would boil the game down to almost nothing. I can't imagine its effective on all monsters either way.
    4 veteran hunters (or even just 2 veteran hunters and 2 newbies) make mincemeat out of 90% of monster encounters. This has always been true throughout all of Monster Hunter (even in G-rank, although the risk of death and triple carting is a lot higher at that range). Some of the ultra-hard content in the past couple of games is designed to off-set that somewhat, like the Deviants in Generations, but yeah... a full party is a force to be reckoned with, and a lot of monsters just don't have much of a chance.

meanwhile, as I slowly solo my way through Portable 3rd...

I actually picked up Gen to play with the gf. Trying HBG and having a decent time.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    For all of you waiting on the PC release:

If you can't see the tweet, the PC release of MHW will happen Autumn 2018.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    New PS4 Hunter reporting for duty.

Been on PA for years played a lot of good games with a lot of good people. Looking forward to a new adventure with you guys and gals.

Catastrophe_XXVI on
    PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    For all of you waiting on the PC release:

If you can't see the tweet, the PC release of MHW will happen Autumn 2018.

Ugh, honestly hate these staggered releases. Hopefully it releases as a $40 game by then.

• Options
    I highly doubt it sells for anything below $60.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I bet the price goes up.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Wtf are stickers, btw?

Anyone know?

• Options
    In the beta, besides emotes, you could send small images in the in-game chat, which should be the stickers.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Just as I feared..

Glad I didn't wait and been planning on the PS4 version.

Japanese devs got to get their shit together with the PC release dates.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean, who knows when the decision to port to PC was made. I'd rather have to wait awhile to get my grubby little mitts on it than end up with another Arkham Knight.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    I mean, who knows when the decision to port to PC was made. I'd rather have to wait awhile to get my grubby little mitts on it than end up with another Arkham Knight.
    Honestly, I would rather be able to play the game earlier and just have it patched along the way.

Given the choice, not waiting fricking six months later. I play Bethesda games religiously, I can handle it.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Fine Sony you win and can have my money. But only cause Intel and Capcom fucked up the build a new awesome PC plan.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The pc experience is going to be garbage if you play online at all. People hacked the hell out of 4u on the 3ds and now they wont have to get their tools working on a 3ds to break things, they can do it right on their pc. For single player or playing with friends itll be fine, but randos will be awful. Not saying it can't happen on the ps4, but generally consoles are better about hacking than pc.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    I mean

its a co op game

if someone kills a monster instantly, quit out, dont take rewards

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    "Planned" for Autumn 2018?

Yeah we're not seeing this until March 2019 minimum. Damnation.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    damn announcement for a release date and thread is full on hatorade

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I think a lot of expected a small delay. I can see getting bummed out if it was the version you were waiting for or the one you decided you were going to get.

I am glad I decided on the PS4 though.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The pc experience is going to be garbage if you play online at all. People hacked the hell out of 4u on the 3ds and now they wont have to get their tools working on a 3ds to break things, they can do it right on their pc. For single player or playing with friends itll be fine, but randos will be awful. Not saying it can't happen on the ps4, but generally consoles are better about hacking than pc.

You could hack the 3DS version without any crazy tools, it was pretty much just messing around with your WiFi. The hacking in the 3DS version was minimal. I mostly played with randos and I think I might have seen one instance of blatant hacking, and a handful of people with edited items that weren't game breaking.

The whole "PC is horrible because it is full of hackers" is always way way overblown.

I was already decided on the PS4 release, but I was also hoping maybe my friends and I could wait out for the PC version since it's a lot cheaper usually to get a PC game here, than it is a PS4 game. Plus the cost of PS+.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    By far the worst hacking I know of is Diablo 3 on Xbox One.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The biggest problem with hacking is joining a random room, playing a hacked quest, not realizing it, saving, and end up having your HR maxed out. There's also the problem with the glitched items breaking your game I think that was a problem. Capcom in general is very bad at this sort of security.

Re: PC Release, half+ year out was my expectation anyway.
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Japanese devs got to get their shit together with the PC release dates.

Why would they focus on an effectively non-existent local market? I like that they focused on the platform with the biggest market so I can play it earlier.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    I mean, my brother has a PS4. I could buy it. I just don't want to, because MonHun is a game to play a lot of hours and I don't want to have to fight my family for time in the big TV. The computer is in my room and I can play whenever without bothering anyone. My Switch I can play portably. But any console fixed to the TV basically requires an affidavit to use.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Drascin wrote: »
    I mean, my brother has a PS4. I could buy it. I just don't want to, because MonHun is a game to play a lot of hours and I don't want to have to fight my family for time in the big TV. The computer is in my room and I can play whenever without bothering anyone. My Switch I can play portably. But any console fixed to the TV basically requires an affidavit to use.

Couldn't you get a PS4 and plug it into your computer monitor?

Seidkona on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I don't even own a TV. My PS4 and Switch are hooked up to an HDMI switch hooked up to my 2nd monitor. If I don't need voice chat, the audio just goes straight into a mixer and into my PC Line-In so I don't even need to mess with my headphones.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

This is how I use my PS4

• Options

If I wanted to waste a pile of money, yes. But with one PS4 already in the house, and currently unemployed, how would I justify spending 300+ euro on a redundant console for a single game.

So it's waiting for over a year for me. It's just how it is, but I'm allowed to gripe and grumble, I think.

• Options
    You are. I just misunderstood your wording and I thought you meant buying your brother's PS4 wouldn't work for you because of sharing the TV.

Just got our wires crossed.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

...and they fixed the issue in Generations, and there’s not really any hacking there.

If they have garbage networking models that trust every client implicitly, the game will get hacked, bad, immediately. If they don’t, it’ll pretty much be fine. That’s how this has always worked, on every platform.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i just saw that release date for PC and wow.
    i'm apparently never playing monhun again, cool. :C

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    It's really disappointing that the PC release date is so far removed from console release since it's going to feel like a whole lot of missing out

as someone who doesn't have the space or budget to get a ps4 though, what can I do but wait

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    It looks like most everyone here is getting this on the PS4, yeah? I've been juggling which console platform to go for.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166