As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] Monster Hunter World out now! Hatching the friendship-egg.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    So, I evolved my heal kinsect into blast. now to see how this explosive moth works for my playstyle.

edit: the explosions are pretty. Would +blast make them stronger? or does it just work on my weapons?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Todi-kawhatever lightning skunk dude wasted me. First quest I may be stalled out on without some help.

• Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Does paralysis on a weapon share diminishing returns with shock traps?

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I am uhh... way closer to having every final form longsword than I have any right to, unless tempered monsters unlock some more stuff.

Also, I'm getting pretty far with my set of Pink Rathian + Dragon Eyepatch + Xeno Gloves; I probably need to sub out the pink rath and use a non-poison weapon, but I'm not sure what I should go for chest+boots+legs. Probably just try to grab more crit boost and go 100% crit on weakpoints.

I ate an engineer
    fRAWRst
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Oh man. There aren't Zorah weapons for every type? That's a bummer. I was thinking of starting on a bow tonight.

I think G rank needs to drop ASAP. I'mma go stir crazy.

I ate an engineer
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So I got the 8-star Kirin Quest.

Should I take the time to max out my Anjanath Greatsword because it's weak to Fire, or should I take the Tier 1 Nergigante Greatsword for the Elderseal and tons of blue sharpness

Decisions

Which one looks cooler?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Oh man. There aren't Zorah weapons for every type? That's a bummer. I was thinking of starting on a bow tonight.

Nah, but his armor + his charm lets you do fun things with either of the hidden element blast bows.

Basil
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    vaal hazak needs to give me a gem and some fangs so bad.

killed him 6 times and only gotten one fang since it was very hard to break his head with duals, just cheesing him with hbg now but would like some stuff plz.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    milski
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

Pretty much in the same boat. Waiting on the collab quests right now.

Come ooooon, invisible dual blades for the Street Fighter collab. Gimmie. You wanna.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    explosions are...interesting. the damage spikes made me almost kill something I didn't want to kill. :O

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Knight_ wrote: »
    vaal hazak needs to give me a gem and some fangs so bad.

killed him 6 times and only gotten one fang since it was very hard to break his head with duals, just cheesing him with hbg now but would like some stuff plz.

Vaal's LS weapon requires so many fangs oh my god.

I ate an engineer
    Knight_
    explosions are...interesting. the damage spikes made me almost kill something I didn't want to kill. :O

You spelled "awesome" wrong.

Beezel
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is there a reason that the Endemic Life filter on my map doesn't actually show anything?

dN0T6ur.png
    Chaos is a ladder, my friends. Don't bring dung pods; if a Bagel wants to play, let it. Just did a dual hunt for a normal Azure Rathalos/Tempered Uragaan, and the first five minutes of the fight was just Urgy, Rathy, and Bagel bombing, rolling, and fireballing the shit out of each other while I stood in the center taking no damage and throwing out spirit combos on tripped monsters when I could. Cut all three tails at the start of the fight, too.

I ate an engineer
    Dr. ChaosFawstPLADarkMechaPreacherJustTeeArchBrodyBasil
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Diablos quest, attempt 1: "This game is BULLSHIT, what the FUCK"

Diablos quest, attempt 3: "Maybe I can hit if after the charge? Flash pods might give me an opening to knock it down..."

Diablos quest, attempt 6: "I am the apex predator now."

Steam: Spawnbroker
    Romantic UndeadFawstCorporal CarlfRAWRstvagrant_windsDracilDarkewolfeDarkMechaPreacherJustTeeBrodydestroyah87Hahnsoo1ZanshinretsuGenji-GlovesBasilVarega
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Fought Vaal Hazak for the first time.

No carts, but burned way too many healing items for my liking. That passive damage is easy to miss.

Also made Odogaron Beta armor, mainly for looks, but the sharpness stuff is helpful for IG anyways. And slots! GLORIOUS SLOTS!

Vaal Hazak B armor is... interesting.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Really want to make Bagel's armor, but he refuses to drop this gem

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    PolaritieIron WeaselJustTee
    Ok, so apparently I can get better weapons... by augmenting my weapons when I hit HR 50 and start fighting tempered elder dragons.

That may be a bit too much grind if I don't branch out to another weapon, because I think I'll literally have every longsword maxed by then.

I ate an engineer
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Really grown fond of Barroth as a punching bag. Maybe becuase he's such a fun target for HBG shenanigans.

Brute Wyverns are usually pretty fun/cool in general I guess.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    PLA
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    The beta mask for inside-out-dog armor looks so rad. Gonna have to make one of those.

I'm currently rocking the unknown skull mask, and it looks goofy as fuck whenever my hunter checks her hunting diary thing at the end of hunts. Just the evil looking skull mask doing these silly little "yep, check, OK got that, uh huh" movements cracks me up.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    Basil
    The beta mask for inside-out-dog armor looks so rad. Gonna have to make one of those.

I'm currently rocking the unknown skull mask, and it looks goofy as fuck whenever my hunter checks her hunting diary thing at the end of hunts. Just the evil looking skull mask doing these silly little "yep, check, OK got that, uh huh" movements cracks me up.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the mask on the LR/alpha design (Thank god for hide helmet), but the beta design is wonderful and reminds me of Zinogre gunner armor (well, one of them, since the thing got a different model every rank, plus a deviant for good measure)

getting the membrane drop from breaking vaal hazak's head is the literal worst.

the fang only drops from head breaks, please just give it to me when i break it's head, i already need like 10 of these stupid things.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the mask on the LR/alpha design (Thank god for hide helmet), but the beta design is wonderful and reminds me of Zinogre gunner armor (well, one of them, since the thing got a different model every rank, plus a deviant for good measure)

I dunno I like the look of the helmet, though as cool as the male version looks I think I prefer the mask female characters get.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Really grown fond of Barroth as a punching bag. Maybe becuase he's such a fun target for HBG shenanigans.

How do you HBG, anyway? It seems so fun, but I don't understand how you don't get pasted due to the achingly long sheath time and the pokey movement.

Croaker
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    You pretty much need evade extender and just move by rolling.

I started working on finishing upgrading a bunch of stuff today and the list of crap i need for current projects is terrible. I need gems from rathalos, nerg, bazel, kushala, teostra, legiana. Then i need a few claws from tobi, and possibly a few kirin parts. This week is going to be a griiiind.

On the plus side im getting better at CB, i managed to do a teostra without being greedy and dying so woohoo! And ive had some really quick kills of other stuff, like my 330 legiana felt really good. But the gajalakas were hitting it with para and sleep lol.

Basil
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    You pretty much need evade extender and just move by rolling.

I started working on finishing upgrading a bunch of stuff today and the list of crap i need for current projects is terrible. I need gems from rathalos, nerg, bazel, kushala, teostra, legiana. Then i need a few claws from tobi, and possibly a few kirin parts. This week is going to be a griiiind.

On the plus side im getting better at CB, i managed to do a teostra without being greedy and dying so woohoo! And ive had some really quick kills of other stuff, like my 330 legiana felt really good. But the gajalakas were hitting it with para and sleep lol.

It is hilarious how much status gajalaks inflict with their stuff. Like, can I please buy a few of those?

PreacherTamerBillBasil
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Really wish randos would stop capping Bazel

You can't get gems from the rewards, only from carves and breaks

dporowski wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

How do you HBG, anyway? It seems so fun, but I don't understand how you don't get pasted due to the achingly long sheath time and the pokey movement.

roll everywhere, shoot slicing ammo at everything, win the game.

hbg gets a much longer evade than standard, rolling around is quite quick actually. sheathe time is still long if you need to use an item though, yea.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Dr. Chaos
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Cap rewards use the same loot table as carving.

https://imgur.com/Km2lJn4

steam_sig.png
    WybornMaddoc
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

Even without that nice screenshot in the post above this one, you can still get it from investigation bonuses though, can't you?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    Oh nice! Okay I retract my previous complaint.

boy i hate gems. just want one vaal hazak gem, ran an investigation with 3 silvers all 8 times, carved tail every time, broke head 6 times, vouchered 3 of them, nothing.

qq.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Come ooooon, invisible dual blades for the Street Fighter collab. Gimmie. You wanna.

As a MH noob, what do these words mean? G rank?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Dac wrote: »

As a MH noob, what do these words mean? G rank?

I think it's "even harder hard things".

PLABrody
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

Even without that nice screenshot in the post above this one, you can still get it from investigation bonuses though, can't you?

Yeah from gold boxes.

steam_sig.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    My friend called my new hammer a Blast Ham and now I can't stop calling it that

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Dr. Chaosvagrant_windsPLA
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So I got the 8-star Kirin Quest.

Should I take the time to max out my Anjanath Greatsword because it's weak to Fire, or should I take the Tier 1 Nergigante Greatsword for the Elderseal and tons of blue sharpness

Decisions

Nergigante. Raw is king on GS.

funnily enough, the max out aja GS is tied with nergi in raw

i would take aja tbh for the horn fire dmg boost, provided you can keep sniping head and have WE or crit draw/punish draw

same raw, more fire, and only diff is -30 affinity which isnt a big deal at all

J3qcnBP.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I feel like I've accomplished something for once. I've created my Fashion/Farming++/Ranged (or non-Elemental Melee) set. I just need to have RNG bless me with much better gems now. But hey, I have both Quest Reward+ and Capture Reward+ and Free Element/Ammo Up 2-3 depending on Necklace worn. (3 for Ranged, 2 and something else possibly for melee.)
    Now that that's done... I have to keep working on both my weapons and creating a good Longsword/Switch Axe set next.

x4NKLi3.jpg

As a side note, Death Kitty is maximum adorable.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Ken OfRAWRstArchForever ZefiroadmanbGenji-Gloves