Options

[Chat] Chronicles History

• Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yesh, possibly so. It's hard to put my finger on exactly what it is I don't like there anymore. It's almost like there are just a lot of very skilled and artful trolls there.

Yar on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Is that possible anymore? I thought they checked IPs and autobahned (ha ha) any account that didn't come from an IP relative to the nation the account registers under.

The next patch will do that AFAIK.

You know, it's funny. MUA is for adults only here. Why? Because Activision didn't think there's a market for superhero games here.

Sounds like O_o ? Yes, it is.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    I think Irond Will is even older. Old fucker.

I am. I'm 33. I think maybe Tach, Jeff and Nerissa might be in my range. Proto might be an old fucker too.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    SC wrote: »
    When was the migration of the majority of Xbox 360 fans to their new site? Lost some good posters that way and it's left that forum pretty much an echo chamber full of nintendo fans.
    When they closed the console-specific megathreads, the 360 people I guess wanted somewhere to coordinate their games and gamertags and so forth. I've been to the Arcadians forum and it seems pretty dead these days, so maybe people have just moved on.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You guys have absolutely no idea how good I feel this morning:

AAEU031~Jason-Richardson-Dunk-action-Photofile-Posters.jpg

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If I were to express my feeling in picture, it would be kinda like this, though:

Jason_Richardson_8.02.03.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Maybe like this:

RichardsonJasondunkcomp01.jpg

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Maybe like this:

princess_pink.gif

Dude, you're such a gurl.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't care what you guys say, you have to put up with it for at least another page:

Warriors_63665.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Man I just cannot bring myself to feel the least bit of exaltation or giddiness from professional sport. Rich dudes playing a kids game.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    G&T ain't all that bad. At least we know the english language.
    Most of your denizens still don't know the difference between "your" and "you're." Even SE gets that right more often then not.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Okay I'm done (at least for a little while):

warriors.gif

• Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Yar wrote: »
    I think Irond Will is even older. Old fucker.

I am. I'm 33. I think maybe Tach, Jeff and Nerissa might be in my range. Proto might be an old fucker too.

Yeah, I think I may be the oldest [chat] regular or semi-regular, although I think Tach is close.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man I just cannot bring myself to feel the least bit of exaltation or giddiness from professional sport. Rich dudes playing a kids game.
    I, for one, enjoy watching large men pound the crap out of each other every 10 seconds. That's why I watch Football.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Will the entire arena barely sat down for the entirety of the 4th quarter. All of Oakland was having a goddamn party. I was dancing in the fucking streets last night. I don't care how you intellectualize bullshit, that kind of community celebration is awesome.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Some Japanese know how to hold their licqour. God damn!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I wish I could change my sig/avy to blue/yellow flowers. I think I'll do that when I get home, like later or something.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Will the entire arena barely sat down for the entirety of the 4th quarter. All of Oakland was having a goddamn party. I was dancing in the fucking streets last night. I don't care how you intellectualize bullshit, that kind of community celebration is awesome.
    Yeah I like the community aspects - whenever the Patriots or Sox win, Boston really lights up as well. I just can't make myself give a shit about the games or the players.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So I downloaded the PuzzleQuest demo and promptly became addicted. So did the kid. She wanted me to get the full version, which, of course, I can't because I don't have a DS or a PSP, and refuse to buy one just for a single game.

She was surprised I know what a DS and PSP are. :(

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The DS has a bazillion great games though.

That's an exact figure.

The PSP is kinda meh but has a bunch of great games too, like Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - one of the best games I've ever played.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    So I downloaded the PuzzleQuest demo and promptly became addicted. So did the kid. She wanted me to get the full version, which, of course, I can't because I don't have a DS or a PSP, and refuse to buy one just for a single game.

It's coming out for the 360 on XBLA. I've heard that a full PC version is on its way as well. Cute game - I enjoyed it too, but the Knight is totally broken.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hahahaha -- last one:

dirkPWNED.gif

• Options
    edited May 2007

It's coming out for the 360 on XBLA. I've heard that a full PC version is on its way as well. Cute game - I enjoyed it too, but the Knight is totally broken.

The game has pretty awful balancing issues, and it's super-easy to just cheese out your character to do like 100-200 damage on your first turn (which I've done :D).

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah I like the community aspects - whenever the Patriots or Sox win, Boston really lights up as well. I just can't make myself give a shit about the games or the players.
    I think of it as little more than a hobby, like watching movies or playing video games, but part of what makes it unique is the rollercoaster aspect of it.

Straight up dancing in the streets all by my goddamn self man, you have no idea how good I was feeling last night. I can't imagine what it was like in Oakland. The players were straight up crowd-surfing after the game, I'm not even lying.

• Options
    RandomtaskRandomtask Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Fucking ding.

Can't stand it, either.

They just look so damn... apathetic most of the time.

Randomtask on
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hey, I'm not a big sports fan myself, but I do enjoy watching some soccer or wahtever sometimes.
    And should the local soccer team win the championship this year, all hell will break loose!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    Elkamil wrote: »
    The only person I've regretted losing touch with since high school was on front of me in the line to get in. We just recognized each other and hugged; then looked at each other, and hugged again. Yes, just like in the movies.

He had a bunch of girls with him and they all went "awwwwwwww."

I was just thinking about him earlier this week. This is crazy, and I'm still smiling.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaybooooooooooooooy! :P

Woooooo! It turns out he's transferring to my university next year. How cool is that? Way cool!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Most of your denizens still don't know the difference between "your" and "you're." Even SE gets that right more often then not.
    Intentional?

Regarding G+T: D&D is better because we throw stones rather than feces.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hey, I'm not a big sports fan myself, but I do enjoy watching some soccer or wahtever sometimes.
    And should the local soccer team win the championship this year, all hell will break loose!

Are you from somewhere that isn't America?

Randomtask on
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

The mayhem that might break out if our local sports team defeats someone else's local sports team keeps things exciting.

I find I've been paying a lot more attention to sports in the past year (I.E. "some" as opposed to "none" a year earlier), I guess because I have nothing else to be at.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Randomtask wrote: »

I'm told my accent is sexy. :winky:

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Intentional?

Regarding G+T: D&D is better because we throw stones rather than feces.

Shit, there are people in the Writer's Block who can't use "your" and "you're" correctly. They make me sad in the pants.

Randomtask on
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I'm waiting on the PC version... also not buying a 360 just for one game :P

We're not much into consoles in my house -- not much in the way of games we enjoy that are console-only (or even ON the consoles), so the only one I have is a PS2. We do, however, have a 2:1 ratio of PCs to humans.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I want a recording.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Watching that game last night made wish I could teleport.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

New Jersey?

Randomtask on
    - Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    This isn’t something you regularly wish for?

stilist on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Taoism is a pretty good religion.

It comes later on with Philosophy so it's a little easier to get than in the early-game scramble for Hinduism, Buddhism and Judaism. I think it also comes with a free missionary. [/Civ4]

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    The game has pretty awful balancing issues, and it's super-easy to just cheese out your character to do like 100-200 damage on your first turn (which I've done :D).
    Yeah I had an infinite-moves trick going that involved turning everything into purple gems. I'm sure it's a character flaw but I find myself unable to refrain from using an exploit once I figure it out. It's like picking at a scab or something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    This isn’t something you regularly wish for?

Not with a strong urgency.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.