As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The many divine skills of Kim Jong Un

13»

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    there will be more

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Mine is always available, but not very memorable. I kinda noticed the problem when I changed my Steam name from this to something pronounceable and suddenly people started talking to me in games and adding me as a friend.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I only wish I had capitalized my name. Besides that I've been rocking this thing on various services since 2000. My username is about ready to graduate highschool.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Mine is always available, but not very memorable. I kinda noticed the problem when I changed my Steam name from this to something pronounceable and suddenly people started talking to me in games and adding me as a friend.

who are you on steam?

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    This is an article about cultural and information empowerment as relates to influencing the general North Korean population.

There are also some very interesting books and interviews about how the thriving black market achieves a similar effect.

I like my username a lot.

This has been Salient's Unamusing Informational Post of the Day.

You are a responsible poster, LS.

Now let’s have a look at that sweet, sweet data.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I've been watching a lot of interviews with North Korean people recently, on the Asian Boss Youtube channel

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I only wish I had capitalized my name. Besides that I've been rocking this thing on various services since 2000. My username is about ready to graduate highschool.

i keep on wishing that my first letter wasn't capitalised

Jesus, I’ve been using this callsign for 18 years

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    the thing that gets me are the many people on twitter that will go on to genuinely defend north korea because it's all actually the united states fault

other countries are allowed to be shitty all on their own without blaming it on america, gang

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Wellllllllll

You could probably make a decent argument for it being the Cold War's fault

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Let's not make any mistakes that it's anybody's fault but tyranny. There were some things that impacted the rise of said tyranny, but having extremely paranoid leadership that believes in nothing but swordpoint diplomacy and propaganda is essentially digging its own grave, whether we give them a shovel or not.

It's still possible to identify what you could maybe describe as unhelpful behavior by other parties

I'm not sure Trump for example handles things extraordinarily well

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    My user name is a secret.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I risked a coin flip to get my name changed from "thetheroo" to "Thetheroo"

Sure, there's a lot of fire stoking going around, but keep in mind no party is really being very helpful in wanting to diffuse the situation. I've met vegetables with more tact than our current president, but the majority of current situation lies on KJU's shoulders. And the people suffering are the citizens of North Korea, whose stories are very much unknown to much of the world.

The stories are out there, you can for example watch the Youtube videos I posted

It's just that they don't gain much traction because there is more entertainment value in KJU's funny hairstyle

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    there will be more

I yam what I yam!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I risked a coin flip to get my name changed from "thetheroo" to "Thetheroo"

I'm terrified to do that if an opportunity arises again. It's my entire identity man!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Jesus, I’ve been using this callsign for 18 years

15 years for me.

Well for smof, anyway. Like... maybe 4 years for the corrupted version, I forget.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

Veldrin on
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Melding wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

who are you on steam?
    It's still best to just search for gvzbgul as there's only one result and it is me. My current name is Julius Seizure.

Gvzbgul on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I started using this name like 2006? 2007? I think I started using it in City of Heroes? Or maybe it was for steam, because my previous screen name was too "kiddy" imo, at least back then, but I'm stuck with it on places where Crippl3 isn't available (which is a surprisingly large number, like Reddit or a bunch of MMOs)

Recently I've kinda fallen out of love with it but I don't know what to change it to.

Crippl3 wrote: »
    I started using this name like 2006? 2007? I think I started using it in City of Heroes? Or maybe it was for steam, because my previous screen name was too "kiddy" imo, at least back then, but I'm stuck with it on places where Crippl3 isn't available (which is a surprisingly large number, like Reddit or a bunch of MMOs)

Recently I've kinda fallen out of love with it but I don't know what to change it to.

Diff3r3ntly Abl3d?

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I got pretty much the perfect username for me.

broken image link
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I have always been Indie Winter.

wY6K6Jb.gif
    my username was a babyname for my younger brother, and I nicked it when I was 11 and it has fit like a glove ever since.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

When I signed up I Had No Idea What To Register as, so I just went with my name and year of birth...

for a while when you image searched lalabox a swedish band would pop up before being overwhelmed by a bunch of webcomic, warhammer and homestuck images, but now some brand has claimed it for some product

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

When I signed up I Had No Idea What To Register as, so I just went with my name and year of birth...

And thank God you did, or we'd never differentiate you from all the other chrishalletts.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I think Thetheroo was my username when I used to play Runescape in elementary school, not entirely sure where it came from. Mostly I go by Tetrareggaeton on places other than here. Came up with that one while extremely drunk one night almost a decade ago, the four letter name of Jah.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

And thank God you did, or we'd never differentiate you from all the other chrishalletts.

bloody tossers that they are

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    also I've been using this name since chrono cross came out

the ps1 game

fucking christ I'm 32

EDIT: my current steam name is Entirely Too Many Small Dogs

PiptheFair on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my handle hits a really unfortunate anti-sweet spot where it's dumb nonsense, but not dumb or nonsensical enough to be funny*

which is why I don't use it anywhere else

*sometimes I see stupid handles on Steam or Bnet, the really fucking dumb ones, like Squeakysquak or Dog Jizz or xXxKingFartbuttxXx

and I think, "that coulda been me"

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I've used this username the longest and it tends to be available when I want it, since it was one of the few "original" names I made for characters.

It's amusing to hear people pronounce it so many different ways too. Though the way I personally like is Mad-ih-kin.

Madican on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    This is an article about cultural and information empowerment as relates to influencing the general North Korean population.

There are also some very interesting books and interviews about how the thriving black market achieves a similar effect.

I recently read an article about underground Saudi filmmakers that was wonderful

Sometimes I think about all the amazing, vibrant, kind, creative and curious people being crushed under oppressive regimes across the earth

The enormity of that squandering and wretched waste of individuality makes my heart ache

Prohass on
    Prohass wrote: »

I recently read an article about underground Saudi filmmakers that was wonderful

Sometimes I think about all the amazing, vibrant, kind, creative and curious people being crushed under oppressive regimes across the earth

The enormity of that squandering and wretched waste of individuality makes my heart ache

There's a great film called This Is Not A Film about a director who was put under house arrest and forbidden from making films in Iran for "propaganda against the regime", and it just films him hanging out in his house and taking care of his pet iguana, and doing everything he can to not make a film

I'm still fond of Pharezon's Origin username being AN1ME_PRO_420

I, too, am a professional anime.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If you really loved anime you would do it for free

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think I was originally g0ose on here because Goose without the ! was taken. Then I won this on the flip.