As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! GO POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

19495969798100»

• Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    Calling it now, the deck to fear isn't any Warlock, it's Spiteful Priest. The ultimate in curvestone. Even more so than Secret Pally. Blech.

There was a bit where spiteful priest was running 2x spell breakers. That deck dunked on warlock. I was able to have favorable match ups against them by running 2x nethers and rin and nzoth. Even if you stabilized, you lost to fatigue. And if they stole your voidlords guldangerous and n'zoth were sort of gimped. (And often they'd steal my guldangerous)

I'd imagine that paladin eats spiteful priest alive though. Murloc Paladin is my bet for best deck.

furbat on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Man, Wild is actually so Warlock heavy we're running Sac Pact over Dark Pact.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I've been playing Spiteful Priest and I'm not entirely convinced that Spiteful Priest is better than other similar Priest builds.

It's fun to get a free 8-mana minion at turn 6, but you can go spell priest and take advantage of Radiant Elemental and Shadow Visions, or you can just go Dragon Priest to take advantage of Dragonfire Potion and put more dragons in your deck.

Its anti-Cubelock tricks (like silencing or stealing deathrattle minions) aren't really reliant on it being a Spiteful build.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Okay Dibby, thanks for posting in this thread to tell me that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Idle thought for a Hearthstone card. "transform both player's weapons into another random weapon." The idea being that their weapon would be transformed, not replaced, thus no deathrattle activation. Because there's no weapon removal that doesn't trigger a deathrattle at the moment. This would be a handy tool against Kingsbane or other deathrattle weapons, and it'd be a very good card to run in a Rogue deck, which has an easy method of getting a cheap weapon in hand.

Possibly too good. You can use it when your opponent has a good weapon (with the small risk that they'll get a better one) and you can use it when you have a bad weapon (with the small risk that you'll get a worse one). So it'd be versatile.

well, really thats only a hard counter for kingsbane decks. I kinda doubt it would ever get run...except for a Rin/Cubelock deck using both weapon and rin so the warlock could prevent his own mill

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What was Patches, anyways? Some kind of mini Beholder with an eyepatch?

I think he actually had 7 eyepatches.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Edit: Ack.

forty on
This discussion has been closed.