Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! GO POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Duskbreaker is sooooo good; it's only been a few days, but I've lost count the number of times he's gotten me out of a pickle. I'm actually surprised that he's only a Rare because as said before, a lot of the more useful cards have found themselves in the Epic slot.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel I am falling into the law of diminishing returns in dungeon runs.
    I am getting less further and crapper loot the more I play

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Priest is the last class I need to win a run for the card back and it is being a complete pain in the dick because a) the starting deck is wank and b) I constantly get choices like resurrect/resurrect/convert

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have only finished the dungeon once with a pally deck
    Mage I get stopped everytime on the counterspell Furblog
    Warlock either gets the seigemaster or that dragon that makes me regret my choice of cards from earlier
    Warrior well that is one that fails either early on or later because I either take taunters early or later or I made poor choice in cards
    Hunter is the same as warrior
    Druid I have not tired or Shaman yet

Priest is the deck I have no idea how to play yet I got to the one right before the end with my first and only run with it because I had the random pyroblast wand

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i still have mage and priest to do

mage feels like it should be one that's easy to knock out but i keep getting very spell-heavy buckets and you gotta have those minions to winions

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    quest warrior seems like it can get through the quest so damn fast now. feels like it's gotta be a contender deck

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    in SEVEN games I've pulled an early 3/9taunt monster one single time. every other time I draw them before the card that can pull them, and frequently I draw the two 9 costers in the first 4 hands

having said that, I've also only lost 1 game. I'm using the list from Toast that was post in the last thread.

I assume this will start to turn around and I'll find myself unable to win anything so expect that rant in a few hours

Aye yesterday was a bad day for rin / nzoth warlock. Most games drew lords early. It's interesting that you can still win because of all the removal and healing.

Rin is def a super meme card, and a bad one at that. She either gets silenced or something similar and welp, that wincon is gone.

So I think removing her and putting in another super strong demon would make the deck a ton better.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So I haven't played in a while but I still don't have any quests on EU. Also there is no ingame option to change the language. What do?

Grobian on
  • Options
    ...I ended up beating that quest warrior so what do I know

• Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    in SEVEN games I've pulled an early 3/9taunt monster one single time. every other time I draw them before the card that can pull them, and frequently I draw the two 9 costers in the first 4 hands

having said that, I've also only lost 1 game. I'm using the list from Toast that was post in the last thread.

I assume this will start to turn around and I'll find myself unable to win anything so expect that rant in a few hours

Aye yesterday was a bad day for rin / nzoth warlock. Most games drew lords early. It's interesting that you can still win because of all the removal and healing.

Rin is def a super meme card, and a bad one at that. She either gets silenced or something similar and welp, that wincon is gone.

So I think removing her and putting in another super strong demon would make the deck a ton better.

yeah, while I haven't had her silenced or stolen much it's rare I get through the whole process with any deck left... granted destroying even 3 cards has won me a game but it wouldn't take a lot to push me into not including the card.

• Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    How do you come back from 1 HP vs Dragon tempo priest who's been dominating all game?
    You play that spider lady multiple times.
    g6azgjxy033s.jpg

How do you beat BIG EZ priest?
    You BIG EZ EEEZZZIIIIIERRRRRRR.
    8zu0xw4o1qhv.jpg

What deck is causing this to happen? How have you got the Obsidian statues? I've been ill, as have my 2 daughters, and not played all that much since the expansion. I'm basically running on fumes and thus am completely out of the loop with regards to what is now possible in this game.

It's my taunt-death rattle homebrew. It's been doing pretty well recently.
    The tigers that keep going back to your deck are hilarious vs control decks because they just constantly eat up resources to kill.

I'll post the deck when I get home tonight.
    It definitely has its weaknesses right now vs hyper aggressive decks so I'm still tweaking.
    Oakhart would prob be my first cut.

I got the obsidians with Frostmourne. Kept killing them as he kept rezzing them.

@Redcoat-13
    Here's that deck! Ended up removing Oakhart.

### Taunting Death
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 1x (1) Naturalize
    # 1x (3) Addled Grizzly
    # 2x (3) Crypt Lord
    # 1x (3) Spawn of N'Zoth
    # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
    # 2x (4) Astral Tiger
    # 1x (4) Branching Paths
    # 2x (4) Infested Tauren
    # 2x (4) Oaken Summons
    # 2x (4) Swipe
    # 1x (5) Starfall
    # 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
    # 1x (6) Dark Arakkoa
    # 1x (6) Spreading Plague
    # 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
    # 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
    # 1x (7) The Curator
    # 1x (8) Grizzled Guardian
    # 2x (8) Primordial Drake
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (9) Hadronox
    # 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
    #
    AAECAZICDlbpAaQD4KwCja8C4q8ChLACubICoM0Cws4CntICmdMCr9MCi+YCCECArwLKwwLJxwKR0AKo0gL70wKE5gIA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    How do you come back from 1 HP vs Dragon tempo priest who's been dominating all game?
    You play that spider lady multiple times.
    g6azgjxy033s.jpg

How do you beat BIG EZ priest?
    You BIG EZ EEEZZZIIIIIERRRRRRR.
    8zu0xw4o1qhv.jpg

What deck is causing this to happen? How have you got the Obsidian statues? I've been ill, as have my 2 daughters, and not played all that much since the expansion. I'm basically running on fumes and thus am completely out of the loop with regards to what is now possible in this game.

It's my taunt-death rattle homebrew. It's been doing pretty well recently.
    The tigers that keep going back to your deck are hilarious vs control decks because they just constantly eat up resources to kill.

I'll post the deck when I get home tonight.
    It definitely has its weaknesses right now vs hyper aggressive decks so I'm still tweaking.
    Oakhart would prob be my first cut.

I got the obsidians with Frostmourne. Kept killing them as he kept rezzing them.

Redcoat-13
    Here's that deck! Ended up removing Oakhart.

### Taunting Death
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 1x (1) Naturalize
    # 1x (3) Addled Grizzly
    # 2x (3) Crypt Lord
    # 1x (3) Spawn of N'Zoth
    # 2x (3) Tar Creeper
    # 2x (4) Astral Tiger
    # 1x (4) Branching Paths
    # 2x (4) Infested Tauren
    # 2x (4) Oaken Summons
    # 2x (4) Swipe
    # 1x (5) Starfall
    # 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
    # 1x (6) Dark Arakkoa
    # 1x (6) Spreading Plague
    # 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
    # 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
    # 1x (7) The Curator
    # 1x (8) Grizzled Guardian
    # 2x (8) Primordial Drake
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (9) Hadronox
    # 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
    #
    AAECAZICDlbpAaQD4KwCja8C4q8ChLACubICoM0Cws4CntICmdMCr9MCi+YCCECArwLKwwLJxwKR0AKo0gL70wKE5gIA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Thanks very much for the list; I think I might have to buy a few packs once my next pay day comes because I'm very short on dust. I get paid slightly earlier during December, in addition to some redundancy money (always nice for that to happen at Christmas, but I've now gotten another job, so I've gotten a nice little windfall).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    had the best possible start with battlecry c'thun priest and lost to ixlid because i had nothing against his turn 2 - you die spore

frustrating as FUCK

• Options
    okay i beat mage because i played rod of roasting while i was at 20 life and the darkness was at 70

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    okay i beat mage because i played rod of roasting while i was at 20 life and the darkness was at 70

Legit strat

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    it also cleared all 4 minions on board

i am very good at hearthstone

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Okay, so someone explain this to me. I go into a ranked match against a warlock with my handbuff paladin. i didnt have much to start with, so at turn 3 we both have a clear board. he plays renounce darkness....then proceeds to play rogue, druid, shaman and warlock cards for the rest of the game. he didnt steal cards from me, or play cards to get cards from other classes that i could tell, but I was under the impression that renounce darkness replaced your deck with a single other classes cards, not a mixmash of different classes.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Some interesting decks popped up by some streamers:

Here's Justsaiyan's OTK Druid deck:
    TA8QG5AjLvAKHzgKe0gL70wKa5AKE5gIA.png

AAECAZICCLQDxQTirwLguwKLwQL3zAKgzQKj5gILQF/TA8QG5AjLvAKHzgKe0gL70wKa5AKE5gIA

The combo is to get Fungal Lord + Maly out and then Moonfire / Swipe for the kill. Quest can be completed quickly through Cursed Disciple and Creeper so you get free big guys.

A Priest Dragon deck that hit #2 Legend:
    AAECAa0GBPIFjQj70wLQ5wINCOEE8gyCtQK6uwLwuwLZwQLKwwKZyALKywKmzgLL5gLX6wIA.png

AAECAa0GBPIFjQj70wLQ5wINCOEE8gyCtQK6uwLwuwLZwQLKwwKZyALKywKmzgLL5gLX6wIA

The value with getting Archivist and Summoner with 8 /10 cost spells can be insane. And you always have the Duskbreaker for AoE. Multiples with Historian.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options

apdrop warlock is preeetty fucking good

worth keeping the dark pact to kill your own rin if you know your opponent runs silence (priest)

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Okay, so someone explain this to me. I go into a ranked match against a warlock with my handbuff paladin. i didnt have much to start with, so at turn 3 we both have a clear board. he plays renounce darkness....then proceeds to play rogue, druid, shaman and warlock cards for the rest of the game. he didnt steal cards from me, or play cards to get cards from other classes that i could tell, but I was under the impression that renounce darkness replaced your deck with a single other classes cards, not a mixmash of different classes.

Renounce Darkness does just replace with one class, so I dunno where he got the others.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    So I haven't played in a while but I still don't have any quests on EU. Also there is no ingame option to change the language. What do?

Using the launcher option did it for me.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »

Renounce Darkness does just replace with one class, so I dunno where he got the others.

He might have got some of the triclass discover cards, since Rogue/Shaman/Druid are the same clan.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    cheat out a voidlord > trade then cube voidlord > taldaram the cube

this is the biggest full stop to aggro i've seen

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    on the flip side, aluneth and val'anyr might be the first time we've gotten class legendaries for aggro decks, ever?

which, i don't think they were necessarily intended to be, but

How can drawing 4 cards a turn be intended for other than an aggro deck?

Secrets Mage is more like a really fast Tempo deck than a straight up Aggro deck though, right

You're not flooding the board with weenies and jamming face. You're dropping dudes on curve, trading out, establishing board, getting tempo swings with Kabal Lackey/Kirin Tor, controlling board with Secrets. The usual Midrange-y plan.

If there were an actual Aggro Mage deck though, it'd run this for sure.

Okay it's not an aggro deck in the sense that it smorcs from turn 1 with 1/1s, but it is a deck which will happily run out of cards very quickly. Half the deck is 1 or 2 mana and depending on the variant you have 4 to 8 "cheated" minions/secrets. Aluneth lists tend to be tuned to be more aggro-y/cheap cards too

Yeah no I wasn't arguing that Secrets Mage doesn't want it. Secrets Mage 100% runs Aluneth no question.

I was just being semantic over the use of "aggro" :P

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    That Hunter deck is neat. Is CotW the only spell?

• Options
    edited December 2017
    tips for beating razanduin priest as cubelock:

- dig for rin, rin is how you win, aggressively mull for her (keep librarian/spellstone tho)
    - never play rin naked, she will get silenced and you will feel bad, always combo with taldaram or dark pact
    - once you get your seals it's a race to balance getting to aziz and managing the pressure your sweating opponent will try to apply to prevent you from doing so
    - even if they get raza on 5 and and save their dk anduin to blow up your 5/5 6/6 felhounds you can still manage a win just play aziz and heal up with dk guldan/beetles/cubes on those cards, remember that a well played razanduin opponent can and will do over 30 damage in a single turn directly to your face
    - geist after rin is kind of a double edged sword, it removes fuel for the razanduin machine but it also makes your opponent that much more likely to find his combo

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited December 2017

yeah, while I haven't had her silenced or stolen much it's rare I get through the whole process with any deck left... granted destroying even 3 cards has won me a game but it wouldn't take a lot to push me into not including the card.

OK I'm liking this deck more and more.
    I took out dirty rats and added one cube and something else (can't recall what), and it's been fun.

won VS a mill / king's bane rogue EVEN after them burning a voidlord and then sapped my rin to death which also denied me the seal card due to a full hand. Even with just a single void lord you can just get another 2-3 out with DK and nzoth

and then it's just DK hero power until the end

also beat a cubelock (that didn't run rin, just doomguards and voidlords, plus cairne) after just a constant back and forth.
    Man, cubing a doomguard is a pain to deal with but being able to constantly remove their full board 3-4 times felt amazing and then I stopped tapping knowing the long game would win and surely they ran out of steam. I never even had to play n'zoth (mainly to avoid giving him mistresses of potions but I didn't even need my voidlords back).

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Cubelock reigns until people remember that silence exists.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Cubelock reigns until people remember that silence exists.

Aye, I've been seeing more mages tech in poly as well.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I was watching Dog play it last night. He beat a Paladin running double Spellbreaker twice.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Dog is a wizard.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Taldaram ensures you get your degenerate bullshit off

• Options
    Dog is a wizard.

Yeah, Dog is like, a single-digit Legend player, often plays weird-ish decks, and is skilled at like every class/deck archetype. He's not the best example :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Call to arms is broken. Like stupid broken.

Edit: I beat a Call to arms Paladin because I tempo'd the hell out of him. I had to aggressively trade through both call to arms then drop a 6/6 Van Cleef with a Vilespine to clear everything up.

Kolosus on
  • Options
    The darkness fucks Razanduin so hard I love it

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Taldaram ensures you get your degenerate bullshit off

We've come full circle, folks! All three princes have seen serious deck play.

Kolosus wrote: »
    Call to arms is broken. Like stupid broken.

Aye it's like you get a Finja that is easier to proc and you can run two of them!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    The darkness fucks Razanduin so hard I love it

THE TECH

• Options
    I wouldn't say prince 4 has ever seen serious action

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    So I crafted Corridor Creepers. They are just as broken as advertised. Is there ever a reason to mulligan a corridor creeper unless you are against a Hunter?

This discussion has been closed.