Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! GO POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hearthstone has a general chat?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    It's very MtG circa early-mid 2000s.

Team 5 really hates learning from MtG's past mistakes, it's a bit weird.

Mirrodin/Darksteel era feels about apt.

It's not quite as bad as Mirrodin, but yeah, feels very much about trying to ignore the rules of the game as much as possible.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Hearthstone has a general chat?

No?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Dusted some stuff. Made Kingsbane and also made a second...that rogue epic that puts 4/4 in your deck.

Still have to find a Kingsbane deck that I love.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's very MtG circa early-mid 2000s.

Team 5 really hates learning from MtG's past mistakes, it's a bit weird.

Mirrodin/Darksteel era feels about apt.

It's not quite as bad as Mirrodin, but yeah, feels very much about trying to ignore the rules of the game as much as possible.

cuz team 5 doesn't even realize what the rules are

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I totally called big spells priest with FFA and MC being a thing, btw.

This expansion is neat because there's so many decks that people are finding success with, even if there's an overtone of Corridor Creeper.

un'goro meta redux

i really like just how like, WIDE the deck diversity is within a single class now

really really cool shit, lots of ways to build any given class

except shaman

shaman kinda got effed this go-around

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I hated the Un'Goro Meta in some regards.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    once i hit the rank floor i'm aiming for this season i'm gonna build a Random Shaman deck and only play it, hopefully helping players just under my rank floor get up to the same rank

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

I am OK with Shaman getting shafted.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    I am running a "new" Token Evolve Shaman. It's pretty bad :(.

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    A few pages back someone posted a Big Spell Priest that had Keleseth in it. I sarcastically thought "Just add patches in there and you're good to go".

Guess what the highest win rate deck on HSReplay is right now? https://hsreplay.net/decks/2iSYKM8f4clcSECOfvenic/
    ### Dragon Priest
    # Class: Priest
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
    # 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
    # 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
    # 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
    # 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
    # 2x (3) Southsea Captain
    # 2x (3) Twilight Acolyte
    # 2x (4) Duskbreaker
    # 2x (4) Twilight Drake
    # 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
    # 2x (5) Drakonid Operative
    # 2x (6) Spiteful Summoner
    # 2x (7) Bonemare
    # 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
    # 1x (8) Free From Amber
    # 2x (8) Grand Archivist
    # 2x (10) Mind Control
    #
    AAECAa0GBJG8AtnBApnIApziAg0IqAWNCPIMursC8LsCyssCps4C+9MCy+YC0OcC/OoC1+sCAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    # Find the deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/2iSYKM8f4clcSECOfvenic/

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Any decent Molten Giant Shaman decks? I'm wanting to try a OTK healing rain deck and I figure a Molten Giant deck would be a decent fit. Goal is to go hard with weapons etc to get your health down. Then drop the giants, lightwardens and whatever else to distract the opponent from the lightwardens. Then next turn, healing rain and go face. I've never really played a giant deck before and I'm mostly finding Shaman decks that focus on the other giants.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Expecting a suspicious-looking 2-health minion to survive a turn late game is too optimistic.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Is it just me or have decks reached insane power levels? In the good old days of ungoro you could outvalue opponents with ysera and an elise pack, and that was only half a year ago.

Yes. KotFT and KnC have both massively raised the power level of the game. KnC even more so with all the mana cheat/duplicating minions/spells that summon everyone and their fucking mother.

I think this is my biggest complaint. Beyond just the neutral minions issue, there so many decks that are just doing stuff for free, or grabbing huge mana spikes via possessed lackey or spiteful summoner.

It feels really hard to play fair. You just get blown out by people doing super broken things.

Whenever I'm a very sad secret mage and all my secrets are buried or I can't cheat anything out, even via apprentice it just feels so bad, all I can do is play okay-but-not-great statted minions and some removal on curve

Phyphor on
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

This expansion is neat because there's so many decks that people are finding success with, even if there's an overtone of Corridor Creeper.

un'goro meta redux

i really like just how like, WIDE the deck diversity is within a single class now

except shaman

There's wide diversity? There's 2-3 good decks and the rest are people just experimenting. Only priest has more than one viable archetype, and it's still fundamentally Raza/Anduin just with a different shell.

If you're aggro you start with - pirate package, creeper, sometimes keleseth.

If you're control you start with - creeper, tar creeper, bone mare.

If you're midrange you're probably just boned.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

un'goro meta redux

except shaman

There's wide diversity? There's 2-3 good decks and the rest are people just experimenting. Only priest has more than one viable archetype, and it's still fundamentally Raza/Anduin just with a different shell.

If you're aggro you start with - pirate package, creeper, sometimes keleseth.

If you're control you start with - creeper, tar creeper, bone mare.

If you're midrange you're probably just boned.

I mean you could make the argument that there's always been 2-3 decks because they fall into a few archetypes.

There are lots of viable classes right now, which is awesome.

Also Big Priest is still really good, people are stomping around with it in high legend.

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    I'll just play this Temporus, how bad can it be in arena?

CTl9gA1.png

Oh.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Ugh, I really hate that Temporus was one of the couple legendaries that I opened. I really don't see a world where that card will ever be good.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Ugh, I really hate that Temporus was one of the couple legendaries that I opened. I really don't see a world where that card will ever be good.

A world in which you're playing against a control deck that can't kill you in two turns so you just free OTK them.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I was thinking about that myself. maybe Temporus + a doomsayer might mitigate some of the badness of using Temporus.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Temporus maybe keeps the anduin OTK alive after Raza. First turn you drop velen + HP. Then next turn you HP + MB + HP smite HP something HP for 30

• Options
    I'm playing Big Spells Mage.

My opponent plays 4 Counterspells.

Well. OK. I guess that's the perfect counter to my deck :lol:

Steam profile
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Finally beat the Warrior run off the back of x2 copies of Enemy minions cost 1 mana more and Wax Rager (bonkers OP).

Edit: Final boss was the Dragon. I got the Wand that draws three making them 0, which pulled Varian, which pulled 3 fatties. Next turn I played Blood Warriors to fill my hand with big minions and grinded him out.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    temporus is no different from any of the other winmore cards that you can't play when you're behind, it just has really flashy text about it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    I'm playing Big Spells Mage.

My opponent plays 4 Counterspells.

Well. OK. I guess that's the perfect counter to my deck :lol:

It happened again. Clearly my enemies are counter-queuing me. That is the most reasonable explanation, and not that Secrets mage is popular and it's just super favorable for them.

Steam profile
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Is it just me or have decks reached insane power levels? In the good old days of ungoro you could outvalue opponents with ysera and an elise pack, and that was only half a year ago.

Yes. KotFT and KnC have both massively raised the power level of the game. KnC even more so with all the mana cheat/duplicating minions/spells that summon everyone and their fucking mother.

I think this is my biggest complaint. Beyond just the neutral minions issue, there so many decks that are just doing stuff for free, or grabbing huge mana spikes via possessed lackey or spiteful summoner.

It feels really hard to play fair. You just get blown out by people doing super broken things.

Whenever I'm a very sad secret mage and all my secrets are buried or I can't cheat anything out, even via apprentice it just feels so bad, all I can do is play okay-but-not-great statted minions and some removal on curve
    Secrets buried? Why don't you just turn 2 Arcanologist, like all secret mages do 100% of the time?

• Options
    Cyrenic wrote: »
    A few pages back someone posted a Big Spell Priest that had Keleseth in it. I sarcastically thought "Just add patches in there and you're good to go".

Guess what the highest win rate deck on HSReplay is right now? https://hsreplay.net/decks/2iSYKM8f4clcSECOfvenic/
    ### Dragon Priest
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
    # 2x (4) Duskbreaker
    # 2x (4) Twilight Drake
    # 2x (7) Bonemare
    # 1x (8) Free From Amber
    # 2x (8) Grand Archivist
    # 2x (10) Mind Control
    #
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    "Just add patches" is the TLDR of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWN-LB85qsA

(Skip the first 3 minutes or so to get past the shilling).

• Options
    forty wrote: »

Secrets buried? Why don't you just turn 2 Arcanologist, like all secret mages do 100% of the time?

I've had lots of games where all 4 secrets and both arcanologists were in the bottom half of the devk

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Cyrenic wrote: »

### Dragon Priest
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
    # 2x (4) Duskbreaker
    # 2x (4) Twilight Drake
    # 2x (7) Bonemare
    # 1x (8) Free From Amber
    # 2x (8) Grand Archivist
    # 2x (10) Mind Control
    #
    #
    "Just add patches" is the TLDR of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWN-LB85qsA

(Skip the first 3 minutes or so to get past the shilling).

Pirates have an answer though - praising golakka. Captain goes from the best 3 drop in the game to one of the worst possible if your opponent has one in hand and you have no other pirates

Phyphor on
  • Options
    golakka has done shit all to the strength of pirates over the last year

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    I was thinking about that myself. maybe Temporus + a doomsayer might mitigate some of the badness of using Temporus.

That wouldn't work. Doomsayer is at the start of your turn. Your turn won't start again until after your opponent has taken their two.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If your opponent had no cards in hand then Temporus could be alright, but if they have no cards in their hand they've probably run out of steam anyway.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Holy shit i am watching seatstory...

This redheaded asshole on the couch named george is antagonizing allistraza something fierce in the post game interview.

Won't even look at her when he is wrongly questioning her plays in a very rude way.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Chat was (deservedly) shitting on him for it. Lots of "sap/silence the ginger".

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options

I've had lots of games where all 4 secrets and both arcanologists were in the bottom half of the devk
    Then you are the one secret mage I've never queued into. :|

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    second time in a row i've straight up lost to giant rat as priest because i missed my one drop and he played young dragonhawk + bestial wrath with a timber wolf

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Holy shit i am watching seatstory...

This redheaded asshole on the couch named george is antagonizing allistraza something fierce in the post game interview.

Won't even look at her when he is wrongly questioning her plays in a very rude way.

Link?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Played some shaman for quests and yeah seems to be in a poor spot. That said I really like unstable evolution. Sure it's less efficient then evolve but it gives you the ability to negate bad rolls or stick with good ones. And it's great for rounding out a turn.

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    second time in a row i've straight up lost to giant rat as priest because i missed my one drop and he played young dragonhawk + bestial wrath with a timber wolf
    That first encounter gets dull so incredibly fast. The 10 card starter deck is so derpy.

• Options
    golakka has done shit all to the strength of pirates over the last year

I remember a tournament game last year maybe? Someone got double Golakka Crawler off and still lost to pirates

Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.