As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, December 15, 2017 - Bye

2»

• Options
    aarond12aarond12 Registered User regular
    The comment below was brought to you by M. Night Shamalamadingdong.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    You know what, I just realized something.... I was going through older comics, and I realized how close to home some of these subjects were. Which then made me think that Adam and Katie have to wander through sometimes not-so-cheery memories, to accurately illustrate the wacky adventures of Malachi and the gang.

And it must not always be sunshine and rainbows, really.

So really? Thank you to both of you. I wish you both really pleasant times during the holidays, and do take some time off. We're an easy crowd, after all :)

• Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    @dublin He is right.

First, we will never meet, never shake hands for you are both there and I am here on the other side of the pond. but let me say this as poor substitute.

Thank you to the both of you. You are one of my tiny bright moments in life just before work.

I wish you both the best of time during the holidays. You mentioned a longer hiatus/break between season 2 and 3. I feel it is almost upon us. I hope you find new inspiration for season 3 and more. Take the time you need, we will wait.

best wishes,
    Ilze123

• Options
    SynticSyntic Registered User regular
    @The%20Old%20Scribe That's a rather common "missing the point" quote. The whole poem describes the paths are equally traversed. That at the time of making the choice there was no way to pick the road "less traveled" and so the last line saying it has "made all the difference" is just being sarcastic.

Even if it's not being sarcastic and it's saying in hindsight he realized he took the road less traveled, at the time of picking the paths seemed the same. It's also not making any claims on if "all the difference" is a good thing or a bad thing.

There is no claim that he is glad he took the path he did or if he regrets it. If anything there is simple regret at the start that he can not take both paths.

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Emily Dickinson > Frost fight me literature nerds.

• Options
    msaturnmsaturn Registered User new member
    I always thought the camp was abstract purgatory, but clearly nothing follows the rules of "reality" or even "western tradition" ... also, why subject children to a place of penance when they're naturally innocent (in almost every tradition except Catholicism, but I seriously doubt this is arbitrarily Catholic)?

I think the theme is childhood vs. adulthood and the terrors learned between, though I'm still in the air about the expression of life or death or whatever these kids are experiencing

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I think Camp is just a place that exists in this fictional world.
    The exploration of abandonment, friendship, family, childhood to adolescence to adulthood, to accepting flaws, to growing as a person, it’s all just really great. It’s why I keep coming back.
    That and the fart jokes.

(Honestly, I love a lot of the simple joke comics like Moonlight Swim and Oaky Flavor. It’s a nice balance between the gut punch feels comics.)

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    And so it begins: The Legend of Linus who Left. I don't doubt the campers are going to react like a lot of the posters here -- denial, anger, bargaining, all the steps of grief. Acceptance is going to be not of the Leaving, but of the illusions each camper has about what happened and what it means. What this spawns.... who can say?

• Options
    SunBroSolaireSunBroSolaire Registered User regular
    Goodbyes are real hard to say even for a guy like me so only one thing to say.

"See you space Linus."

• Options
    clegoguyclegoguy Registered User new member
    “Some Day..Some Where..”

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Great, now who's gonna sort the books in the library?

• Options
    AbelhawkAbelhawk Registered User regular
    He has four hands in panel #8!